Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a hunch he would end up in Toronto since he did not have any engagements. At this point I think they should know that the paps will be on the look out for them.

If Meghan had the faintest idea of what marriage would be like in the goldfish bowl of being a royal in the UK with her freedom severely curtailed. And criticism of her every move. I am sure she would win the 100 yard dash back in to the real world.

Meghan is a woman in her mid 30s. You honestly believe she hasn't given thought to what her life would be like if she were to marry into the BRF? You don't think her and Harry talked about how much her life would change, even before their relationship became public? The way Harry has talked about his private life in these last few year leaves no doubt in my mind that he's very open and honest with Meghan about the challenges she would face, even just being a royal girlfriend.

Obviously, the attention and criticism she would receive as a member of the royal family is on a level she's never experienced. But the fact that she already knows what it's like to be judged and criticized would prove advantageous, certainly more so than a woman who has little to no experience with the public or media.

So if we assume that this is Harry and that Meghan is still filming this week, what do you think Harry is up to while she's working?? What are the odds that he would actually show up on set? I'm not sure that he ever would but if he did, I'd think that would be almost impossible to keep secret. With so many employees/people around, someone would leak it, yeah?

Last edited by a moderator:
The one photo sure does look like Harry to me. Not a surprise that he's visiting her though.

I hear folks in Toronto are pretty casual about famous folks perhaps he can get out a bit while she's working (unless she's already off for a few days) and folks will ignore him.

LaRae

Oh I would have loved to be a fly on the wall and listen to Harry tell Meghan stories about life in the royal fishbowl. With Harry's sense of humor, you have to think that he'd have Meghan in stitches laughing but all the while hitting home the straight facts of the problems that being a member of the royal family can bring.

She already knows a bit about the limelight that surrounds celebrity and has dealt with that so even with the intense scrutiny of the press and the public should she become Harry's wife, I think she would take to it like a duck to water. Royal duties and charity works are a big part of the daily life of a British royal and once again, I think Meghan would fill that position nicely and think both Harry and Meghan together working on a cause will be dynamite.

They've constantly tried to keep their private life private and hopefully that will become the norm for them in their "off" hours and days. If this couple do make it to the altar, I think we're in for watching a pretty well put together team that support, love and understand each other very well.

So if we assume that this is Harry and that Meghan is still filming this week, what do you think Harry is up to while she's working?? What are the odds that he would actually show up on set? I'm not sure that he ever would but if he did, I'd think that would be almost impossible to keep secret. With so many employees/people around, someone would leak it, yeah?

Well he did vist MM the last time she was filming so I'm sure he is familiar with her place and Toronto. Plus I'm sure he has his own plans regarding Invictus.

Well he did vist MM the last time she was filming so I'm sure he is familiar with her place and Toronto. Plus I'm sure he has his own plans regarding Invictus.

Well yes, I'm sure he could find some things to do. My question was more so a rhetorical one, as I was a lot more interested in the idea of whether or not he would visit her on set. ;)

Well yes, I'm sure he could find some things to do. My question was more so a rhetorical one, as I was a lot more interested in the idea of whether or not he would visit her on set. ;)

I would'nt put anything past them, I'm sure if he wants to visit the set he'll find a way to do it without any fanfare. There was a rumor that he had dinner with Gina Torres and her husband Lawrence Fishburn which I thought was untrue because Gina had left the show but given that she did actually return to the show for a few scenes that could be true. So who knows maybe Harry has visited the set and met with other co workers.
Save

What would be a real hoot is if Harry, while hanging around the set watching the filming, was able to do a very low profile "cameo" appearance such as a guy in the bar, worker in the office background or somewhere where you don't normally really pay attention to the people on the screen.

If Beatrice could have a small "cameo" appearance in Young Victoria, Harry wouldn't be half bad himself in one. :D

He could be like Alfred Hitchcock, who would pop up in crowd scenes in his films.:lol:
Seriously though, I'm very happy if Harry is there that he's getting to spend Easter with Meghan. They may share an Easter egg or even a hot X bun together, who knows! I don't think he'll be staying past Easter Monday though.

Those photos look very grainy. Were they taken by a professional photographer? I do wish Harry would stop the cloak and dagger stuff though. The whole world knows that he and Meghan are in a relationship. It may be necessary for security reasons to keep quiet about flights there and back of course, but Toronto is by all accounts a very laid back sort of place. They wouldn't get hassled if they took a walk together, or went to the cinema or to a cafe for brunch.

Last edited:
He could be like Alfred Hitchcock, who would pop up in crowd scenes in his films.:lol:
Seriously though, I'm very happy if Harry is there that he's getting to spend Easter with Meghan. They may share an Easter egg or even a hot X bun together, who knows! I don't think he'll be staying past Easter Monday though.

Those photos look very grainy. Were they taken by a professional photographer? I do wish Harry would stop the cloak and dagger stuff though. The whole world knows that he and Meghan are in a relationship. It may be necessary for security reasons to keep quiet about flights there and back of course, but Toronto is by all accounts a very laid back sort of place. They wouldn't get hassled if they took a walk together, or went to the cinema or to a cafe for brunch.

Have to disagree with you on this one. Good pictures of these two together are worth $$$$. Maybe not from locals but paps from round the world are currently honing in.

William and Catherine didn't get hassled as a couple but that was after they married and the Anglesey locals didn't bother them.

I guess it is him by just putting 2 and 2 together but I couldn't say for certain by that photo.

That's lovely to see, Harry going to her because of her obligations. Theoretically, to those who question what Meghan would get out of a royal marriage . . . well, she wouldn't have to work the heavy filming schedules involved in a TV series and she would be able to continue and expand her charity work. Win, win both for her and the BRF.

I was amused at the "gasp . . . seven RPO's" with him and what it is costing the "British taxpayer". Question: they are almost certainly, positive that it is him. So okay, they are leaving room for error. So, where did the exact number of RPO's come from? No, that they are certain of. Odd!

If the number is true, it would seem that security has stepped up but that being said, do they expect two officers to work 24 hours a day for 5 days straight? It would be the same if he stayed home except for the travel and accommodation which, I am assuming he is subbing.

If she worked at all since he got there (which is not guaranteed because shooting schedules don't require her on set every day), it would have only been today. Tomorrow is a statutory holiday in Canada.

So she had a 3 day weekend? Yep, those two are in deep - to fly several hours for the chance to spend 3 days together. The jet lag alone from such quick trips would exhaust me. I do like that the going to and fro is working both ways.
Where do the security guys guard from when Harry's at Meghan's? In a car on the street? I know the Middleton's had accomodations arranged for security at their house for when the Cambridges visit and I assume there are quarters for security at the Royal estates, but I guess when a high ranking Royal goes on a private vacation then security must find a hotel to stay in when not on shift.

Yes, there are probably high expenses including accommodation costs for the RPOs accompanying any senior Royal on holidays or weekend trips. Charles on his painting trips to Italy and sojourns in Greece, the Cambridges on their holidays, the York Princesses (though in their case their father pays.) Hope there's a holiday nearby for Harry's RPOs.

If she worked at all since he got there (which is not guaranteed because shooting schedules don't require her on set every day), it would have only been today. Tomorrow is a statutory holiday in Canada.

Yes, I'm aware. Even without the holiday, I know it's possible she would have a few days off filming, especially with her playing a supporting character. Hence, why I lead with, "if we assume she is still filming..." :)

Last edited:
I was amused at the "gasp . . . seven RPO's" with him and what it is costing the "British taxpayer". Question: they are almost certainly, positive that it is him. So okay, they are leaving room for error. So, where did the exact number of RPO's come from? No, that they are certain of. Odd!

If the number is true, it would seem that security has stepped up but that being said, do they expect two officers to work 24 hours a day for 5 days straight? It would be the same if he stayed home except for the travel and accommodation which, I am assuming he is subbing.

The RPOs work in teams of two for either 6 or 8 hours at a time so 6 would be right with a 7th in case of emergency as they have to have a certain amount of down time between shifts.

They do cost a lot more when overseas as they travel first class - so if Harry went economy so would two of the RPOs while the rest would travel first class. They are also put up in 5 star hotels while away - again at taxpayers expense and are paid an additional allowance for being away from home.

This information was made public when Eugenie was on her gap year between school and university as she was staying in a hostel in India but the off-duty RPOs were at the nearby 5 star hotel and it was explained that that was the requirement. It was also explained that the team was changed every two weeks and had to fly first class regardless of what class the principal flew although there would be two in the same class as the principal.

Of course this trip also means that the RPOs can't be with their own families over Easter at all - yes it is part of the job but most people have some consideration for others and don't only think of themselves when they are taking people away from home.

This trip will be costing the British taxpayers thousands of pounds more than it would cost for Harry to remain in the UK for Easter.

I can see a long of angry people arguing that Harry should be staying at home and reducing the security cost to the British taxpayers who having been living in a state of austerity now for years while the younger members of the BRF, Harry in particular, swan around the world for the 'holidays' and no I am not one who regards the official tours as holidays but Harry does spend a lot of time outside the UK on holidays while his father and grandmother tend to holiday at home.

Last edited:
Charles spent years going to Italy on painting holidays and other jaunts at various times of the year, including skiing holidays with and without Diana and with his young sons. William and Kate aso took their family to a ski resort for a photo op and on holiday to Biarritz and to Mustique. Presumably RPOs were placed in first class accommodation there too.

Absolutely - any time a royal with RPOs goes overseas they stay in five star accommodations.

In the past the British public weren't so aware of the costs etc but now that they are there are some who are raising questions about the costs at times. Not yet in enough numbers or loud enough to really cause some concern but if it does become an issue then they will have to look at the expenses and Harry's constant overseas jaunts to see Meaghen is just the sort of thing to really bring this to the public's notice and maybe force a change whereby the royals will have to fund all overseas security themselves when not on official duties. I do think they should do that actually and made it very public that they have done so.

There is an argument though that if the members of the BRF were not who they are they wouldn't need special protection. This is especially so in the case of Harry who is a target for terrorists because of his service in war zones in Afghanstan. I'm sure none of them wish to holiday anywhere with two men at least tailing them everywhere they go.

There may be an outcry about the expense. There would be even more of an outcry IMO if expenses were cut to the bone in this area and as a result the Royal concerned was killed, wounded or kidnapped.

Absolutely - any time a royal with RPOs goes overseas they stay in five star accommodations.

In the past the British public weren't so aware of the costs etc but now that they are there are some who are raising questions about the costs at times. Not yet in enough numbers or loud enough to really cause some concern but if it does become an issue then they will have to look at the expenses and Harry's constant overseas jaunts to see Meaghen is just the sort of thing to really bring this to the public's notice and maybe force a change whereby the royals will have to fund all overseas security themselves when not on official duties. I do think they should do that actually and made it very public that they have done so.

Constant? I believe this is his first trip to Toronto since early December (at least that we know about). That was over 3 months ago. I wouldn't exactly say he's made a habit of visiting her.

Of course some may take issue with that even (namely some on the internet, many whom don't miss an opportunity to complain about the royals spending taxpayer money and the tabloids, who try to drum up drama wherever they can). But I'd think most would see a guy visiting his girlfriend (who's working) every once in awhile as no big deal. I don't foresee this turning into some controversy, unless Harry truly does make a habit out of it and I doubt that.

There have been rumours of them seeing each other in other places overseas besides Toronto as well as the recent wedding they both went to.

The BRF relies for its very existence on good PR and the media controls that PR. These days there are as many negative stories as positive ones and they do need to be careful to ensure that the stories are more positive than negative and so need to look at ways to reduce the negative stories before what seems no big deal today becomes a massive issue in the future.

Eh. If Harry is making another trip to Toronto in the next two weeks or so, I think you may have a point. But trying to turn this into a negative or controversy right now just seems like a reach to me.

There have been rumours of them seeing each other in other places overseas besides Toronto as well as the recent wedding they both went to.

The BRF relies for its very existence on good PR and the media controls that PR. These days there are as many negative stories as positive ones and they do need to be careful to ensure that the stories are more positive than negative and so need to look at ways to reduce the negative stories before what seems no big deal today becomes a massive issue in the future.

IMO, criticising royals for travelling in their own time on account of the cost of security just demonstrates a lack of understanding of how these things work. The decision of whom gets what level of security is decided by the Home Office, not BP / KP. If the Home Office decides a certain level of cover is to be provided, then so be it. You cannot imprison royals in their Palaces to reduce costs. They can, and should, continue to pursue their private interests in their own time.

By that same argument, should Theresa May have gone on a walking holiday in Wales earlier this month or in Switzerland last summer? Should she not have walked around Chequers instead? Should Trump not be allowed to go to Florida most weekends because of the costs of his security?

its not the same. they are elected officials, they have doen SOMETHING to earn their privilege, even if it is only to win an election.. whereas the RF have not. And since Harry's father is immensely wealthy, he should shoulder some of the security costs IMO or tell Harry to stay home..

How do we know Harry doesn't pay some of the bills himself, anyway?

I doubt if he's going to pay bills if his father is largely supporting him..

Yay, this thread is open again!!!

Nice to see lots of activity in the Harry/Meghan front, and him making a trip to visit her. Meghan having to close the Tig was inevitable, IMO, but I'm surprised it happened this fast. That's one reason I like seeing Harry go to visit her for a change, so not all the effort and sacrifices (for the lack of a better word) are done by her. He seems willing and ready to meet half way, and do the legwork for their relationship too.

I'm making a prediction, that they'll get engaged by the end of this year, or very early in the next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom