The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 01:29 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I don't think it's a matter. If these two decide to get married, she knows she'll have to give up her acting career. I don't think it will be an issue, although she'll miss it no doubt. I'm sure Mary, Maxima and others also miss their previous occupations.

I think we have to stop acting like her whole life will come to an end if she marries Harry. Of course, she won't be able to continue being an actress, but her passion for philanthropy and championing other very worthy causes will grow with a royal role.

Right now, they're just dating and trying to figure out what will be next. To get a good and stable relationship off of the ground, one have to take things one step at a time. I know some are thinking about her age and her child bearing years, but I think we just have to give this couple the time and space to do what they feel is right.
Just on an offhand side note, Edward and Sophie had their first child, Louise when Sophie was 34 and James four years later when she was 38.

Old 01-19-2017, 01:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Sophie isn't a good example. Yes, both kids ended up healthy, but she had serious troubles.

But there're continental royals who are a better example, like Mary and Victoria.

Old 01-19-2017, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

Sophie didn't have problems with her pregnancy with James. She gave birth prematurely to Louise and she had an ectopic pregnancy before that.

She was also 38 when she had Louise, not 34, and she was 42 when she had James.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

Right now, they're just dating and trying to figure out what will be next. To get a good and stable relationship off of the ground, one have to take things one step at a time. I know some are thinking about her age and her child bearing years, but I think we just have to give this couple the time and space to do what they feel is right.

I agree.

I don't think anyone should marry solely because of children they might have one day.
Meghan will have access to the very best medical care, and there is no reason to anticipate problems, or any need to rush into marriage.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:24 AM
Aristocracy

I don't know what to think anymore about this relationship, I like Meghan, but I think Harry will not marry her because of her family, they are very troublesome people. He will probably suffer pressure from the royal family to leave her.
Old 01-19-2017, 09:01 AM
Majesty

The Queen is notorious for never interfering in any of her family's relationships and her assent is the only one needed for any hypothetical marriage to go ahead. The BRF are a family of people that meet millions of people as time passes and I'd bet my last glass of 100% mango juice that they're wise enough and savvy enough to know one doesn't base an opinion on someone because of their family.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
The Queen is notorious for never interfering in any of her family's relationships and her assent is the only one needed for any hypothetical marriage to go ahead. The BRF are a family of people that meet millions of people as time passes and I'd bet my last glass of 100% mango juice that they're wise enough and savvy enough to know one doesn't base an opinion on someone because of their family.
I agree. And if I was a betting woman, I'd bet, that most people have some relative who has done some criminal or shady stuff. Harry is lucky, if he finds a woman he loves and likes, she's willing to put up with his baggage, and marry him, and she doesn't have any dirt on herself. To demand that her family, whom she's been in no contact with for years, are squeeky clean would be just too much.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:28 AM
Majesty

When we're dealing with the media that has the habit of looking under rocks and hard places, the impressions that people will be getting of this relationship of Harry and Meghan could all be filed under the heading "Love is blind but the Daily Mail ain't".

The most important thing in this this relationship should be only two people that love, support and find out something new about their partner every day and walk together on the path to finding out how they want it to be. Family and friends and Aunt Flossie that lives over the bakery shop don't really figure that much into a relationship at all when its new and fresh.

We just have to keep remembering that the Daily Mail and tabloids knows as much about the intimacy of this relationship as we do. Practically nothing.
Old 01-19-2017, 10:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
I don't know what to think anymore about this relationship, I like Meghan, but I think Harry will not marry her because of her family, they are very troublesome people. He will probably suffer pressure from the royal family to leave her.

Kate has Uncle Garry.

Diana had her brother.

Sarah has... well, Sarah has Sarah.

Mark Phillips had his affairs.

The late Earl Snowdon had his illegitimate child born literally weeks after his wedding.

The Queen had her Uncle David and Aunt Wallis.

The DoE had his German, Nazi-affiliated brothers-in-law.

There is a bit of a history of members of the BRF having "troublesome" family members.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Kate has Uncle Garry.

Diana had her brother.

Mark Phillips had his affairs.

The late Earl Snowdon had his illegitimate child born literally weeks after his wedding.

The Queen had her Uncle David and Aunt Wallis.

The DoE had his German, Nazi-affiliated brothers-in-law.

There is a bit of a history of members of the BRF having "troublesome" family members.
Andrew was friends with Bill Epstein and involved in that court case.

Diana was often at odds with her Step Mother Acid Rain

MM and PH are simply dating. They may or may not last. The extreme overreaction is rather peculiar. I've been a royal watcher for years.... and yet a man and a woman dating is going to end the royal family?? VERY PECULIAR!!
Old 01-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Majesty

Sensationalism at its very best. No publication would make any money by proclaiming "We still haven't found Harry and Meghan. Does anyone really have a clue where they are?". These sensationalist articles are written to pander to the masses who eat it all up and come back for more. They buy the stories, the writers make money. Actual facts and the people they write about play no part in what they're doing for the most part. They're just the cash cows.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

In the modern time where publications sell very little and make money on line, it's all about hits. The more people who click the more money they make from advertisers. So they make up sensationalized stories. Or even such sensationalized titles, which are more interesting then the actual story. It is also why they use things like Kate Middleton in their title. They use things that will come up in a Google search more often.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Majesty

We need a cash cow emoji to post after we link these kind of articles.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We need a cash cow emoji to post after we link these kind of articles.
or perhaps they are greedy little piggies?
Old 01-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Majesty

Perhaps she'll just transfer her skills into a life-long role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
If Meghan marries Harry, she will need to give up acting.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post

I think I'd put it that Andrew has Sarah - but Sarah did have her dad's sex scandal.
Linked to High Jinks at a Swank Sex Parlor, Fergie's Dad, Ronald, Stirs Up a Royal Scandal
Old 01-19-2017, 05:20 PM
Majesty

I would think that its a given fact that the Windsor family has far more closet space in the various homes and palaces than anyone in Meghan's family in which to hide their skeletons.

I think the point has been very well made so far that neither partner in the relationship have to account for whatever bones are rattling around the closets looking for something to wear. No need for the smelling salts..... yet.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:57 PM
Aristocracy

Each person has an opinion. I continue with mine, I find very difficult Harry to marry Meghan, her family has no class, can speak whatever he likes about Carole, Kate's mother, but she has a lot of class. I can not even imagine Meghan's coarse family next to the royal family.BRF may not have intruded before, but there's always a first time and by Harry's serious face lately, I think this is already happening
Old 01-20-2017, 02:03 PM
Royal Highness

Not to say I agree with you Angel.10, but he does have a serious sour face in a lot of event pics lately.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:49 PM
Nobility

That side of Meghan's family has themselves said, that Meghan hasn't been in contact with them in years. She doesn't interact with them at all, why would the royal family interact with them?

There can be no criticism for Meghan's mother or father, they've not said or done a thing.

Closed Thread