The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #3261  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:39 PM
HistoryGirl's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 163
I'm not sure if her other pursuits would have to stop, but I do believe her acting career would have to end if they get engaged. It would be rather unseemly to see the fiancée/wife of a prince kissing random men for entertainment purposes. Times have changed, but certainly not to that degree. That it's in her past doesn't necessarily have to matter, but it cant be in her future as a member of the BRF. Although from a personal and purely selfish perspective, what a hoot that circus would be to see unfold.
__________________

__________________
  #3262  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,967
Meghan would have to give up everything imo. She can't very well blog one day as Meghan 'Sparkle' Markle and the next day switch hats to cut a ribbon as The Duchess of Sussex.

I said this before but it's Meghan who will have to conform to the BRF, not the other way around. She will either have to be all in or this relationship won't go anywhere.
__________________

__________________
  #3263  
Old 01-18-2017, 12:51 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,656
As far as ending an actress career, I don't think it'd be all that much to do with the roles that she would play but rather, as she is most known for being a TV actress rather than the silver screen of movies, it would be the commercialism angle of TV shows that would put her in a conflict of interest. Sponsors (advertisers of products during the airing of a show) could be construed as getting "the official seal of approval of the House of Windsor" because these advertisers sponsor Meghan's work.

One way Meghan could keep up with her acting is perhaps to support projects in the performing arts. Like Kate does with The Art Room, perhaps something could be set up as a project to get kids to use dramatics as a way to open up and act out what is bothering them. These are just off the wall ideas quickly formed in my less than caffeine fueled brain but I think you get the picture.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3264  
Old 01-18-2017, 01:29 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,933
There is such a thing as drama therapy, both for adults and kids. There are groups in the UK for it. Oily cart and greenhouse schools, charities that were supported by the Cambridge wedding would be good causes for instance.

But not everything has to be about wellness. Honestly with three of them already focussed on mental health, they need branching out. Royals face always been involved in the arts. Meghan certainly could take on some art related patronages.


As for India they were smart. By 'cancelling' they lowered any interest and security concerns. She will have security with her, as they will know that it would eventually come out, but not the security required if the trip had been known. World vision won't suffer for the lack of media attention. They will have sent their own film crew with her as they always do. She will appear in their show and possibly commercials back in Canada. Though world vision does work all over the world, its core source of income is Canada. Her pictures being all over the daily fail wouldn't do much for their cause.
__________________
  #3265  
Old 01-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,656
Sometimes I have to chuckle at my own thoughts. I was thinking that should the time come and the need arise for Harry and Meghan to have their joint coat of arms created, they should use the fox for slyness and the red herring for the run around they give the press.

Once again, through foresight and cunning its been managed to totally elude the sensationalist media and got what needed to be done, done. I love it.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3266  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:20 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
There is such a thing as drama therapy, both for adults and kids. There are groups in the UK for it. Oily cart and greenhouse schools, charities that were supported by the Cambridge wedding would be good causes for instance.

But not everything has to be about wellness. Honestly with three of them already focussed on mental health, they need branching out. Royals face always been involved in the arts. Meghan certainly could take on some art related patronages.


As for India they were smart. By 'cancelling' they lowered any interest and security concerns. She will have security with her, as they will know that it would eventually come out, but not the security required if the trip had been known. World vision won't suffer for the lack of media attention. They will have sent their own film crew with her as they always do. She will appear in their show and possibly commercials back in Canada. Though world vision does work all over the world, its core source of income is Canada. Her pictures being all over the daily fail wouldn't do much for their cause.
I like your ideas about drama therapy and perhaps instead of just being a figurehead she could actually teach and actually be involved as a mentor and not just someone used to draw attention to an issue.

Also good thoughts about lowering interest and then still going to India without any fan fare. The purpose for this trip is mainly promotional. They don't need intrusive media attention to do that. Meghan always seems to be two steps ahead of the media.
__________________
  #3267  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:29 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 455
I'm really positively surprised that they trcked the tabloids this way.

Daily fail will have a fit. They'll find 20 more 'scandalous' pictures of Meghan modelling or from old episodes of Suits to pay back for this. I wonder if their reporters are still camping outside her house in Canada.
__________________
  #3268  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I'm really positively surprised that they trcked the tabloids this way.

Daily fail will have a fit. They'll find 20 more 'scandalous' pictures of Meghan modelling or from old episodes of Suits to pay back for this. I wonder if their reporters are still camping outside her house in Canada.
Worst reporters ever!!!
__________________
  #3269  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:43 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I'm really positively surprised that they trcked the tabloids this way.

Daily fail will have a fit. They'll find 20 more 'scandalous' pictures of Meghan modelling or from old episodes of Suits to pay back for this. I wonder if their reporters are still camping outside her house in Canada.
If they are, they most certainly have enough egg on their faces for being duped into believing that the India trip was canceled to make themselves some nice egg salad sandwiches. I've even got the rye toast to send them with a side order of pickled red herring.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #3270  
Old 01-18-2017, 02:48 PM
Excalibur's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Jacksonville, Florida, United States
Posts: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Sometimes I have to chuckle at my own thoughts. I was thinking that should the time come and the need arise for Harry and Meghan to have their joint coat of arms created, they should use the fox for slyness and the red herring for the run around they give the press.
With the fox perched triumphantly atop a frustrated paparazzi!
__________________
  #3271  
Old 01-18-2017, 04:13 PM
HistoryGirl's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Richmond, United States
Posts: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Meghan would have to give up everything imo. She can't very well blog one day as Meghan 'Sparkle' Markle and the next day switch hats to cut a ribbon as The Duchess of Sussex.

I said this before but it's Meghan who will have to conform to the BRF, not the other way around. She will either have to be all in or this relationship won't go anywhere.
Youre, right I was being generous. She will have to give up her entire professional life. Anything to do with commercialization and marketing does not seem appropriate for a working member of the BRF.
__________________
  #3272  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:24 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markles-diary-gift-kate-9646180

Is this lady absolutely crazy? Harry knows his sister in law better than a journalist! She had to run the gift by him first! This is so sad...
__________________
  #3273  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:27 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markles-diary-gift-kate-9646180

Is this lady absolutely crazy? Harry knows his sister in law better than a journalist! She had to run the gift by him first! This is so sad...
Just because its in a UK paper doesn't mean its true. UK tabloids are at hair-pulling point because there is no real news and no pictures. They revert to their mantra

"When in doubt, make it up"
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #3274  
Old 01-18-2017, 05:43 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/meghan-markles-diary-gift-kate-9646180

Is this lady absolutely crazy? Harry knows his sister in law better than a journalist! She had to run the gift by him first! This is so sad...
The media are making this stuff up. There's nothing for them to write about this couple.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3275  
Old 01-18-2017, 07:23 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,901
The tweet that was picked up on Tumblr about the man who met Meghan in Delhi has info on the organisation Power Foundation, who convened this conference in India. Apparently the conference Meghan attended was opened by a provincial government Minister.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ripinequality
__________________
  #3276  
Old 01-18-2017, 10:12 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,846
If Meghan marries Harry, she will need to give up acting.
I really don't see any way she could continue.

However, except for the very top tier like Meryl Streep or Judi Dench, for an actress her career is practically over at forty.

Nor does Meghan strike me as the type of person who would have trouble giving up an acting career to focus on other interests. Time will tell.
__________________
  #3277  
Old 01-18-2017, 11:09 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
The tweet that was picked up on Tumblr has info on the organisation. Apparently the conference was opened by a provincial government Minister.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ripinequality
ugh chumblr pass.
__________________
  #3278  
Old 01-18-2017, 11:22 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,457
Yes, she would have to give up her acting career. It's pretty much giving up one career to start another...a royal career. I think we all know, if she was allowed to continue acting, the British media would rip her a a new hole. It's just not going to happen and I don't be think there would be any expectation of letting her continue on in the profession.

Meghan will be fine no matter what.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #3279  
Old 01-19-2017, 12:12 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,933
It doesn't matter if she was a doctor, teacher or actress or anything else. When you marry a senior Royal, you know you are going to have to give up your career. Anyone dating Harry would know that from the start. If they aren't comfortable giving up their pen career to cut ribbons and do tours, they are dating the wrong man.

That and all the media attention, you are asking a woman a lot. Not many bug career women would consider it. There are those willing to do it for love, Letizia and maxima come to mind, but the challenge is to find them.
__________________
  #3280  
Old 01-19-2017, 02:20 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,457
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
It doesn't matter if she was a doctor, teacher or actress or anything else. When you marry a senior Royal, you know you are going to have to give up your career. Anyone dating Harry would know that from the start. If they aren't comfortable giving up their pen career to cut ribbons and do tours, they are dating the wrong man.

That and all the media attention, you are asking a woman a lot. Not many bug career women would consider it. There are those willing to do it for love, Letizia and maxima come to mind, but the challenge is to find them.
I don't think it's a matter. If these two decide to get married, she knows she'll have to give up her acting career. I don't think it will be an issue, although she'll miss it no doubt. I'm sure Mary, Maxima and others also miss their previous occupations.

I think we have to stop acting like her whole life will come to an end if she marries Harry. Of course, she won't be able to continue being an actress, but her passion for philanthropy and championing other very worthy causes will grow with a royal role.

Right now, they're just dating and trying to figure out what will be next. To get a good and stable relationship off of the ground, one have to take things one step at a time. I know some are thinking about her age and her child bearing years, but I think we just have to give this couple the time and space to do what they feel is right.
__________________

__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
birthday books carl gustaf catherine chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess elisabeth crown princess mary crown princess victoria crown princess victoria daytime fashion current events denmark earl of snowdon family general news grand duchess maria teresa guillaume hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein margherita monarchy news noice prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess diana lady spencer princess estelle princess eugenie princess leonore princess madeleine princess margriet princess of asturias princess sibilla princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia shaikh zayed bin hamdan bin zayed al nahyan state visit state visit from argentina stephanie sweden swedish royal family uae wildlife victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:15 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises