The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 04:43 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Facts. Lovely things.

Her acting credits, showing that along with suits she has done other shows at the same time.
Meghan Markle - IMDb

Her clothing line which she has released at least two collections of
Meghan Markle
She is like so many actresses a working actor. She has worked steady throughout the years and then was lucky enough to get a long term television series.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:45 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Facts. Lovely things.

Her acting credits, showing that along with suits she has done other shows at the same time.
Meghan Markle - IMDb

Her clothing line which she has released at least two collections of
Meghan Markle

She is quite versatile and seems to have many interests. I seriously doubt that Harry would have troubles having a conversation with her. What I admire most is her drive to make a difference. That's also a biggie with Harry too when he was questioned about how he wanted to use his royal position.

Old 01-17-2017, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Acting and model, a lifestyle blog, ambassador for two major organizations, and her own fashion label. She certainly isn't the lazy d list opportunist waiting for a man to pay her bills. She is clearly establishing a future outside acting, that doesn't rely on a husband. This isn't a woman who lives off mom and dad until she lands the ring from the rich man.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:06 PM
Courtier

Acting career, clothing line and UN gig, all things Meghan will have to gave up if she marry Harry
Old 01-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Speaking of Meghan and her charity work

Does anyone have a link to Meghan's interview with Larry King? Someone told me it wasn't very good. Meghan didn't seem to know much about Rwanda and she mixed up what facts she did know.

I don't know if this is true but I'd like to watch it and judge for myself.
I've seen it and I enjoyed her interview. It's on YouTube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Acting career, clothing line and UN gig, all things Meghan will have to gave up if she marry Harry
She'll do what she have to do, if things go to another level.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-17-2017, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Meghan Markle discusses racism on The Tig | Daily Mail Online

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-17-2017, 05:27 PM
Royal Highness

She seems to be much more substantial as a person and as an independent career-oriented woman than any of Harry's previous girlfriends. She's a grown-up, and not every person her age is. I like her.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 01-17-2017, 05:34 PM
Aristocracy

I think its admirable how open she is about being a mixed-race woman. There are probably some young women out there who are encouraged and inspired by her sharing her story. Another lovely quality about her, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Courtier

Manufacturing negativity come with the territory when one is dating a British Prince. Just look at the Daily Fail
Old 01-17-2017, 05:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm very impressed by how passionate and how levelheaded Meghan is. She like one of those people you'd like to know personally.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-17-2017, 05:59 PM
Aristocracy

People's reactions/feelings towards royals and their partners are always interesting to me. In the modern era, much more interesting than the royal themselves to me. This Meghan Markle topic garners a lot of attention, both good and bad, for someone that hasn't generated much to discuss. Very interesting.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Manufacturing negativity come with the theory when one is dating a British Prince. Just look at the Daily Fail
Right - very true. But the Daily Mail is ostensibly driven by page views and profit - and while it doesn't justify their lies, it certainly de-personalizes them. The randoms posing as "experts" on Tumblr get nothing out of making things up about Meghan - just the pleasure of being malicious, I guess. Oh, and attention. They get lots of attention - and validation from people that believe the stuff they come up with.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:07 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoryGirl View Post
People's reactions/feelings towards royals and their partners are always interesting to me. In the modern era, much more interesting than the royal themselves to me. This Meghan Markle topic garners a lot of attention, both good and bad, for someone that hasn't generated much to discuss. Very interesting.
fandom psychology is pretty interesting, yes.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:19 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisternly View Post
Right - very true. But the Daily Mail is ostensibly driven by page views and profit - and while it doesn't justify their lies, it certainly de-personalizes them. The randoms posing as "experts" on Tumblr get nothing out of making things up about Meghan - just the pleasure of being malicious, I guess. Oh, and attention. They get lots of attention - and validation from people that believe the stuff they come up with.
True, but that ain't new only to Meghan, tumblr and before tumblr, forums have made up lies about Catherine, Chelsy and Cressida just to be malicious. And that not only to girlfriends/wives of British Princes. They do that to any women who dare date a famous men.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
True, but that ain't new only to Meghan, tumblr and before tumblr, forums have made up lies about Catherine, Chelsy and Cressida just to be malicious. And that not only to girlfriends/wives of British Princes. They do that to any women who dare date a famous men.
Yes, of course. Every celebrity is subject to this sort of thing. Doesn't make it any less repugnant.
Old 01-17-2017, 06:38 PM
Courtier

No its doesn't, it the sexist world that we live in.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
We won't know a danged thing though until the day of any wedding happening. Its not something that is announced. Neither will we know if Harry is created a royal duke until that time comes.
I would be greatly surprised if Harry were not created a duke upon marriage. Unless he marries without consent, I'd say a dukedom is almost certain.
Old 01-17-2017, 08:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Just maybe I stated that a wee bit wrong. We won't know which royal dukedom will be Harry's until the day of the wedding. I agree that the royal dukedom is practically a given.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:41 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Acting and model, a lifestyle blog, ambassador for two major organizations, and her own fashion label. She certainly isn't the lazy d list opportunist waiting for a man to pay her bills. She is clearly establishing a future outside acting, that doesn't rely on a husband. This isn't a woman who lives off mom and dad until she lands the ring from the rich man.
Very well said Countessmeout, Thank You.
Old 01-17-2017, 09:54 PM
Commoner

Being a new poster here and in reading this thread about Harry/Meghan, it sure is filled with lots of negative energy. One thing I learned in life that written words do come back to haunt us and that every word said shows the type of person we are to the world when on forums like this.

Saying that I hope for the very best for Harry with or without Meghan, he seems like a real down to earth young man who has his head on this shoulders and wants to do good in this world.

As for reading about Meghan and never seeing this show called Suits before, it seems like she is also of that caliber of a person with her work ethic and interests in helping others. I would like to think that Harry knows a phony when he sees one after all I am sure he must come across many of those in his life

Closed Thread