Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if Meghan and Harry marry, a whole lot more will be heard of her. Discussing her and Harry and how it might all end is the point of the thread at this time, isn't it?

Oh dear, I ca't help seeing things about her, I've noticed a film cropping up on TV with her name in it -. I dot think that they are going to marry but if she does, I will be utterly off "royal watching". but it seems to me that this is just the same as it was with his other 2 girlfriends Cressida and Chelsey, of fans goig
"he's going to marry/get back with Cressy" versus "No he's not, he's going to get back iwht Chelsey."

It was just like a pantomime.. very tedious..
IMO no one knows except a few intimates... and while I don't beleive they will marry, I know that until he finally gets involved wht another woman, this "Oh yes he will" stuff will just go on...

Like it or not, Harry and Meghan are involved with what seems to be a very close relationship and from what I know, they're two people that have a lot in common, share the same goals and seem to like the same things. We're just outsiders looking in and whether or not they marry is all pure speculation and actually is something only they can decide.

As this thread is about Harry and his relationship and at this point, its Meghan Markle, if she gets on your nerves and you dislike hearing about her, perhaps this is a thread that could be one you avoid.

Having the experience of following another royal couple during their dating years, everything is a "wait and see." From what I see so far, things are serious.

Yeps... all things seem to be pointing that way. :D

I see an engagement a little earlier than that, actually, perhaps this Summer. I know Meghan is seemingly committed to Suits for the next season.

However, we don't know whether there was room for a clause in her contract in which she could finish her time in the show prematurely. She was seriously dating Harry at the time of negotiations and the subject perhaps came up.

We really are in unknown territory here as no senior member of the BRF has seriously romanced a career woman (an actress, no less) who resides in another country before . An engagement in the middle of Suits could be on the cards. Meghan isn't always working, and in theory she could come to the UK for the engagement interview etc. without any serious disruption.

The show was renewed last summer. Her and Harry had been dating for a short period of time when she renewed. Nothing about Meghan screams someone who would think 'oh I am sure to marry him so I better make it a shirt season'.

Considering the romantic scenes in the show, I don't see an engagement being announced while episodes are being aired.

Like it or not, Harry and Meghan are involved with what seems to be a very close relationship and from what I know, they're two people that have a lot in common, share the same goals and seem to like the same things. We're just outsiders looking in and whether or not they marry is all pure speculation and actually is something only they can decide.

As this thread is about Harry and his relationship and at this point, its Meghan Markle, if she gets on your nerves and you dislike hearing about her, perhaps this is a thread that could be one you avoid.

well that's my point. it pops up as recently discussed while I'm working on my PC..and I kepe wondering if it is finally come to a head.. ie he's going to marry her. Perhaps I should look and see if I can make a bet on it!
Not that I particularly dislike her,(though she looks sullen in her photos)... or even Harry, but the "yes he will/no he wont" stuff...

I don't think its so much the romantic scenes in a TV-14 rated TV series would have much to do with but rather I don't think an engagement announcement would be made until she is free and clear of commitments to the series.

Because royalty is all about pr, especially when planning an expensive royal wedding. And having the fiance of the prince having public love scenes on international television during the engagement won't be the easiest pr issue to solve. It will always be out there, old episodes and such, but much easier then if current. Watch Prince Harry's fiance.......on tv tonight in the new episode. Only pr that would be good for is the show

The show was renewed last summer. Her and Harry had been dating for a short period of time when she renewed. Nothing about Meghan screams someone who would think 'oh I am sure to marry him so I better make it a shirt season'.

Considering the romantic scenes in the show, I don't see an engagement being announced while episodes are being aired.

Well considering that Meghan had no real romantic scenes in the last half of last season, I don't think this is going to be a problem. As I've said before, I think she has already talked to the showrunner about keeping intimate scenes to a minimum. I certainly don't expect any more love scenes going forward.

With that said, I don't see a summer engagement. I have always thought that if an engagement happens this year it would be after Meghan is done filming in November. There is a possibility she could leave the show mid-season, in which case I wouldn't be shocked if an engagement announcement comes sooner but I think that's unlikely right now.

As for Meghan closing the Tig, that is a really big deal, a bold step to take...one I don't think she would have taken simply because of negative comments or articles being written. Her blog had become a part of her career in many ways and I doubt she would give it up for any reason that wasn't deeply personal. Frankly, I don't see how it could be read as anything other than her prepping for the next stage of her life with Harry.

I am sorry but I doubt she has enough sway with writers to demand no romance for her character.

The plans for the season would already be in the works when her and Harry were in the early stages. They only started dating in June sometime. There was no reason for her to think two or three months in that engagement would be a concern. Nor demand that they limit her character in any way.

If harry had any problem, he wouldn't be dating an actress. He chose a woman who wasn't going to sit home and wait for a ring. And everything that goes along with that.

Of her character leaves mid season it will because the writers chose for her character to exit. Not because she decided in very early stages of dating, that she would need to cut her career short ready in hopes of a ring.

I am sorry but I doubt she has enough sway with writers to demand no romance for her character.

The plans for the season would already be in the works when her and Harry were in the early stages. They only started dating in June sometime. There was no reason for her to think two or three months in that engagement would be a concern. Nor demand that they limit her character in any way.

If harry had any problem, he wouldn't be dating an actress. He chose a woman who wasn't going to sit home and wait for a ring. And everything that goes along with that.

Of her character leaves mid season it will because the writers chose for her character to exit. Not because she decided in very early stages of dating, that she would need to cut her career short ready in hopes of a ring.

I disagree a bit here. :flowers: Situations with actors in their private lives are considered (unless one is working for cold hearted brutes). Requests are factored in. Producers/Directors and fellow actors want happy campers on set. Story lines do get shifted because of personal events (an actress getting pregnant and needing to be absent from the set is one obvious example). [Though it's also true that too many demands can get you fired, but I don't think Meghan has that issue with her bosses. She is a professional from what I can see.]

Last edited:

Well first of all, I didn't mean she would demand no romance, or demand anything at all. She would simply ask for any intimate scenes to be kept to a minimum or not to be too revealing or explicit and I don't think that's asking too much. From everything I've read from the showrunner, he seems more than willing to work with the actors to better accommodate their personal lives. But just to use a different example, if Meghan had recently gotten married or become a mother and decided she didn't want to do love scenes anymore, would you think she was demanding too much? I certainly don't think so. Actors make similar decisions all the time. Meghan would certainly not be the first.

Secondly, you seems to be reading way more into my post than what was intended. I wasn't suggesting that Harry had a problem with her career or that Meghan would leave the show in hopes of getting a ring. If she leaves the show early, it will be because her and Harry have already decided they are ready to take the next step in their relationship and I don't see anything wrong with that. One of the actresses who was a series regular on Suits just recently decided to leave the show because she wanted to spend more time with her family back in the US and so, her character was written out. Again, actors make career decisions based on the personal lives all the time. I'm not saying Meghan should leave the show but if she decided to prioritize her relationship and personal life over her career, then more power to her.

Last edited:

Yes she does. Meghan can help direct character development, and if she doesn't want any scenes with her in underwear, lingerie, or anything extremely sexual, she will not do it. She is just no mere actress anyone, she's a public figure in a serious relationship with the last available prince from the British Royal Family. So yes, she has a lot of control in possibly her final year being on Suits. Her closing down The Tig, without even leaving up posts from the past three years seriously signifies that she's not playing around and she's knee deep in training/prepping for life as a future member of the BRF.

Well first of all, I didn't mean she would demand no romance, or demand anything at all. She would simply ask for any intimate scenes to be kept to a minimum or not to be too revealing or explicit and I don't think that's asking too much. From everything I've read from the showrunner, he seems more than willing to work with the actors to better accommodate their personal lives. But just to use a different example, if Meghan had recently gotten married or become a mother and decided she didn't want to do love scenes anymore, would you think she was demanding too much? I certainly don't think so. Actors make similar decisions all the time. Meghan would certainly not be the first.

Secondly, you seems to be reading way more into my post than what was intended. I wasn't suggesting that Harry had a problem with her career or that Meghan would leave the show in hopes of getting a ring. If she leaves the show early, it will be because her and Harry have already decided they are ready to take the next step in their relationship and I don't see anything wrong with that. One of the actresses who was a series regular on Suits just recently decided to leave the show because she wanted to spend more time with her family back in the US and so, her character was written out. Again, actors make career decisions based on the personal lives all the time. I'm not saying Meghan should leave the show but if she decided to prioritize her relationship and personal life over her career, then more power to her.

This is reasonable, in my opinion. I will consider it a huge sign that things are moving forward if we hear that Meghan's character has been written off of "Suits". It may even be that the creators/show runners already know this will be the last season.

It is interesting that she has seriously dialed back her social media posts. The main excuse is so she can focus on Suits and charity, however before PH she did suits, charity, promotion, travel and had a relationship along with being very social on IG and Twitter. This change benefits building a new possible life with PH. A career in Hollywood requires high promotion and visibility which MM seems to be shedding. All bets are off when she gives up her twitter handle and IG account.

That's true, but Meghan doesn't really post very much on social media nowadays, does she?

It is interesting that she has seriously dialed back her social media posts. The main excuse is so she can focus on Suits and charity, however before PH she did suits, charity, promotion, travel and had a relationship along with being very social on IG and Twitter. This change benefits building a new possible life with PH. A career in Hollywood requires high promotion and visibility which MM seems to be shedding. All bets are off when she gives up her twitter handle and IG account.

I agree. ;)

Though honestly, I find the relationship a puzzle. Way too fast. But....

I like the theory that she has done this solely because of the tabloid stories using her text as the basis for stories. I could see where she might start to second-guess her writing. Not worth it imo. She can always re-emerge later.

I think what this indicates is Meghan is willing to adjust aspects of her life for a longer-term relationship with Harry, but I will be stunned (and will say so) if this pairing results in an engagement in 2017, let alone marriage in 2018.

But we'll see, not so? The story is in progress. :flowers:

. . . . . I have read before that Queen Elizabeth had awhile ago informed her adult grandchildren that they should take time and really get to know a prospective partner prior to plunging into marriage, even living together to make sure they are compatible because the Royal Family can not afford any more divorces. That's likely another reason why strictures are so relaxed about Meghan and Harry living together at Kensington Palace prior to becoming engaged.
Regardless of the social mores of the times we live in, there is absolutely no way I can see HM instructing her grandchildren to shack up with their intended fiance's and take marriage for a test drive.

That the Queen would wish them to give deep thought and even prayer, yes that I can believe, but to advocate living in sin? I sincerely doubt it and would, therefore, like to see the reference to HM advice.

That HM is aware that William and Catherine effectively lived together on and off since they met at St Andrews and that Harry's girlfriends have stayed overnight or a weekend, is a given. I am sure she is watching with interest since Meghan has stayed for weeks on end.

I am sure she prays for the best for all her grandchildren but to imagine she is pragmatic about morality is a push. One thing we have heard, from Sarah Ferguson no less, is that HM is one of the kindest and most forgiving people she knows.

I don't see Harry living with Meghan (officially) and I can't imagine the Queen advising such either.

If they are still an item come fall...I wouldn't be surprised at an engagement this winter or early next year with a wedding 3 to 6 months later.

LaRae

I do remember reading some years ago now that the Queen had said she wouldn't give consent to a relationship that hadn't been going for at least 5 years and since the disasters of Margaret, Anne, Charles and Andrew's marriages that has been about the minimum period her married grandchildren were in relationships before being given consent.

If true and she sticks with that then Meaghen will be 39 when she gets The Queen's consent. If Harry insists on marrying her without consent then he gives up his place in the line of succession and that of his children, which maybe he wants to do anyway - who knows.

I just don't see that the Queen said that either. I've never heard it confirmed.

LaRae

I do remember reading some years ago now that the Queen had said she wouldn't give consent to a relationship that hadn't been going for at least 5 years and since the disasters of Margaret, Anne, Charles and Andrew's marriages that has been about the minimum period her married grandchildren were in relationships before being given consent.

If true and she sticks with that then Meaghen will be 39 when she gets The Queen's consent. If Harry insists on marrying her without consent then he gives up his place in the line of succession and that of his children, which maybe he wants to do anyway - who knows.

If that sort of guideline was said - I would consider the context of having young grandchildren in their 20s and an attempt to curtail an impetuous marriage. I think those sort of guidelines tend to be relaxed and not as relevant when one is in their 30s.

I don't see Harry living with Meghan (officially) and I can't imagine the Queen advising such either.

If they are still an item come fall...I wouldn't be surprised at an engagement this winter or early next year with a wedding 3 to 6 months later.

LaRae

They can live together if they want. The family is okay with stuff like that. Many members of the family have lived together before marriage. The Queen is okay with it.

If that sort of guideline was said - I would consider the context of having young grandchildren in their 20s and an attempt to curtail an impetuous marriage. I think those sort of guidelines tend to be relaxed and not as relevant when one is in their 30s.

Charles was Harry's age when he married Diana. Not in his 20s.

:previous: Charles may have been but Diana was barely an adult

Age and maturity play a huge role. If she did say 5 years, she was looking at her grandchildren in their twenties. She didn't want then when just out of school, rushing into marriage. Yes some young marriages work great. But she had reason to be cautious. When you finish university or military training you may have been an adult for several years but it us still different. Even for a royal with a trust fund. There us work, charities, adult decisions of all kinds. And more media attention. It's likely the very reason she hasn't pushed her granddaughters, now Eugenie. It's not just about length of dating but stage you are in with your own life.

Edward and Sophie didn't just succeed because of length. They were older, both of them, and more mature. They knew who and where they were in life. It's also the reason both Anne (married almost 25 years) and Charles (almost 12) have had much more succesful second marriages,

Harry and Meghan may not have dated long. But at their age and stage in life, long dating isn't always needed. They both know who they are and what they are looking for in life.

It was said, I believe, before Edward married or Charles' second marriage so it wasn't only applied to those in their 20s but those in their 30s and even older.

:previous: Charles may have been but Diana was barely an adult

Age and maturity play a huge role. If she did say 5 years, she was looking at her grandchildren in their twenties. She didn't want then when just out of school, rushing into marriage. Yes some young marriages work great. But she had reason to be cautious. When you finish university or military training you may have been an adult for several years but it us still different. Even for a royal with a trust fund. There us work, charities, adult decisions of all kinds. And more media attention. It's likely the very reason she hasn't pushed her granddaughters, now Eugenie. It's not just about length of dating but stage you are in with your own life.

Edward and Sophie didn't just succeed because of length. They were older, both of them, and more mature. They knew who and where they were in life. It's also the reason both Anne (married almost 25 years) and Charles (almost 12) have had much more succesful second marriages,

Harry and Meghan may not have dated long. But at their age and stage in life, long dating isn't always needed. They both know who they are and what they are looking for in life.

Yes, but Charles-Camilla and Anne-Tim also had long courtships. If Anne had just met Tim in '91 I don't think HM would have signed off on a '92 engagement, even though Anne was in her forties and thus "older".

That being said I don't believe there is a five-year rule. Peter and Autumn started dating in summer '03 and they got engaged summer '07, so 4 years there, not 5. If Harry and Meghan do marry I personally wouldn't expect it before 2019.

With regard to there being a possible "guideline" on length of courtship, I'm not sure this is true - or at least any more so than in other families. Of-course if Harry had a whirlwind romance and said he wanted to pop the question within a month, his family would surely advice him to wait like anyone else's would.

We have to be mindful of the practicalities of Harry and Meghan's relationship as it currently is - the commitments they both have, where they each live etc etc and that's on top of how the relationship itself is actually developing and what they think their future plans together might look like.

Still, nothing these days surprises me - I hope we can be patient to see how things develop!

I would imagine that HM is astute enough to take the differences in this relationship into account. She would know of Meghan's involvement in her charity work. She would know that it is a long standing relationship that has survived long distances and the necessity of being apart. She also knows very well that sometimes you know right away that another person is the one that is to be your partner in life.

The kicker is that Harry and Meghan aren't just "dating" as in nights out at the club and dinners and sporting events with constant access to each other. This is a couple that have been able to maintain a good relationship without it infringing on their responsibilities and their commitments. If these two do decide that they want to continue on through life together, it will be a well thought out and mature decision. I don't think the Queen would have a problem with that at all and wish them happiness and give her blessing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom