The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Go back five or six years ago and we had bad Uncle Gary throwing cocaine/or whatever sustance and stripper parties at that dubiously named property of his ..... it didn't alter the course of William and Kate's relationship and I doubt anything in Meghan's family closet will change hers and Harry's. Any more than any thing in his will.

We are getting ahead of ourselves here, but tiara wise, totally up to Meghan of course.
I'm sure that Meghan would be consulted and have input but the decision would not be hers totally.

No matter who the royal girlfriend or boyfriend is, when the news that they're dating emerges, everything and anything attached to that person becomes "of interest". Even down to the color of the diapers they wore and how long before they were potty trained.

Royal romances do not tend to be conducted in the public eye and the media goes with whatever they find and every little scrap of information is treated like its major breaking news. Example being "Meghan goes to yoga." Do you realize how many millions of people go to yoga? Of course, everyone has a family and basically its the "black sheep" or "eccentric" member of the extended family that is most likely to create a sensation. Anything to fill newspapers and magazines and top the other publications for "scoops".

I would bet my very last tomato section that if the media and information technology had been the way it is now and the reporters had little respect for the people they write about as they do now back in 1946, we'd really would have gotten an eyeful and had been clutching our pearls and grabbing for the smelling salts with what they'd come up with about "Phil the Greek". We know now how *that* romance turned out.

Old 01-17-2017, 12:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
Go back five or six years ago and we had bad Uncle Gary throwing cocaine/or whatever sustance and stripper parties at that dubiously named property of his ..... it didn't alter the course of William and Kate's relationship and I doubt anything in Meghan's family closet will change hers and Harry's. Any more than any thing in his will.

We are getting ahead of ourselves here, but tiara wise, totally up to Meghan of course.
Of course not, Harry's own drug use didn't get him kicked out of the family. So that would of been silly.

Old 01-17-2017, 01:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Lord Frederick Windsor's admitted use of cocaine didn't get him kicked out either.

But anyway, its a long ways off yet before Meghan becomes part of The Firm
Old 01-17-2017, 01:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Whatever his behaviour might or might not be, Meghan's half brother hasn't spoken to her in a decade or more, seemingly since she was in her mid-teens. So they're pretty well strangers to each other.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:19 PM
Commoner

have they a Foto together?
Old 01-17-2017, 01:28 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by feyza.oz View Post
have they a Foto together?
Warm welcomes to The Royal Forums feyza.oz!! If you're talking about Harry and Meghan having a picture together out there, there has only been a couple of photographs around the middle of December when the two of them were out shopping for a Christmas tree in London. They have been very private and its driving people crazy.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:57 PM
Nobility

I hope Meghan and Harry continue to stay under the radar. That would probably be most beneficial for their relationship. Besides, the tabs don't deserve anything good. Let them continue to try to create stories out of non-stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Of course not, Harry's own drug use didn't get him kicked out of the family. So that would of been silly.
I don't think there's any comparison between Harry and the antics of Kate's family before she married William. Of course Harry was never going to get kicked out of the family. There was no guarantee that Kate would marry William, however. The fact that her uncle and his antics didn't prevent that from happening does quell the idea that Meghan's family will spell the end of her relationship with Harry. It's a more apropos comparison.
Old 01-17-2017, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post

I don't think there's any comparison between Harry and the antics of Kate's family before she married William. Of course Harry was never going to get kicked out of the family. There was no guarantee that Kate would marry William, however. The fact that her uncle and his antics didn't prevent that from happening does quell the idea that Meghan's family will spell the end of her relationship with Harry. It's a more apropos comparison.
Well, I don't think it's a apropos comparison between taking drugs and a violent crime that involves a gun. There's been a few members of the BRF involved in the former, and thankfully none in recent history for the latter.

Let's just say Uncle Gary has a better chance at being invited to future family events than Mr. Markle...
Old 01-17-2017, 04:00 PM
Courtier

I cannot believe people are comparing an uncle who did drugs (just like some members of the royal family) to a brother who violent incident that involves a gun of which one was arrested for.
That cannot be real
Old 01-17-2017, 04:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I cannot believe people are comparing an uncle who did drugs (just like some members of the royal family) to a brother who violent incident that involves a gun of which one was arrested for.
That cannot be real
I personally only would compare the situations as cases, where neither Catherine nor Meghan shouldn't get called out, or tied to these adult men, as they can't in any way control their actions.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:19 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Well, I don't think it's a apropos comparison between taking drugs and a violent crime that involves a gun. There's been a few members of the BRF involved in the former, and thankfully none in recent history for the latter.

Let's just say Uncle Gary has a better chance at being invited to future family events than Mr. Markle...
I didn't say the specific behaviors was comparable. The broader point was about family members ruining royal relationships. That wasn't the case for Will and Kate and it won't be for Harry and Meghan either. Whether or not Mr. Markle will be invited to family events is irrelevant to him having any impact on his half-sister's relationship.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Speaking of Meghan and her charity work

Does anyone have a link to Meghan's interview with Larry King? Someone told me it wasn't very good. Meghan didn't seem to know much about Rwanda and she mixed up what facts she did know.

I don't know if this is true but I'd like to watch it and judge for myself.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

Does anyone have a link to Meghan's interview with Larry King? Someone told me it wasn't very good. Meghan didn't seem to know much about Rwanda and she mixed up what facts she did know.

It's on youtube. And I thought she did a great job--She came across as articulate and thoughtful.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post

I thought she did well. I didn't fact check on Rwanda, but I don't think she appeared as not knowing facts about Rwanda. It was Saudi Arabia that she pivoted on. I think she's not familiar with that area, however her concentration has been with Rwanda in both UN and World Vision.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobstevens.87 View Post
It's on youtube. And I thought she did a great job--She came across as articulate and thoughtful.
I didn't mean she wasn't articulate, by no good I meant she didn't really know her brief.

I'll watch the interview when i get home
Old 01-17-2017, 05:05 PM
Commoner

D-list actress with glorified CV. Two months after Suits ending and she still does nothing.

And if she is that charitable, she could pay her own security. It is very easy to sit and write speaches, do something concrete, provide them food, clothes Meghan...
Old 01-17-2017, 05:13 PM
Majesty

Edward's the Queen's son, and his wife got a "cut and paste" tiara. At the time, of course, they weren't expected to do royal duties. As Sophie's public role in the family grew, her tiaras got nicer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Harry will be a King's son and his wife will hardly be ranked lower than Sophie. Harry's still a senior Royal, hardly a nobody!
Old 01-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberG View Post
D-list actress with glorified CV. Two months after Suits ending and she still does nothing.

And if she is that charitable, she could pay her own security. It is very easy to sit and write speaches, do something concrete, provide them food, clothes Meghan...
Can you provide a source that shows what Meghan's CV actually looks like? Can you provide a credible list that names her as a D-list actress or is that your own description? Can you provide credible sources that list the extent of Meghan's charitable involvements? Can you provide a credible source that lists her private donations to charity?

We like to basically stick to facts around here.

BTW: The filming season for Suits just ended recently and will resume again for another season some time in the near future. I forget when.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:33 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Can you provide a source that shows what Meghan's CV actually looks like? Can you provide a credible list that names her as a D-list actress or is that your own description? Can you provide credible sources that list the extent of Meghan's charitable involvements? Can you provide a credible source that lists her private donations to charity?

We like to basically stick to facts around here.

BTW: The filming season for Suits just ended recently and will resume again for another season some time in the near future. I forget when.
The new season starts Jan 25th, she may need to promote it? not sure about her schedule. Filming resumes in March.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Facts. Lovely things.

Her acting credits, showing that along with suits she has done other shows at the same time.
Meghan Markle - IMDb

Her clothing line which she has released at least two collections of
http://www.reitmans.com/en/meghan_markle

One of the multiple commercials she has filmed as spokeswoman for reitmans

Her work with world vision an ambassador for clean water