The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 02:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

You can't go wrong with a nice, smart and intelligent and beautiful young woman.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Never say never.

If they did formally adopt a child, that child would not be in the line of succession or inherit any title from Harry. In order to do that, they would have to be "heirs of the body". The way round this would be to give the child a title in their own right but still not in the line of succession.

The process of adoption in the UK is so stringent and there is a long waiting list. Any idea of preferential treatment because of Harry's status would cause an outcry.

some contact with the birth family is usually maintained esp if adopting an older child

The media would move heaven and earth to find out who the birth family are (just saying).

Adopting a child from overseas would also be seen as negative by some.

The obstacles are great.
Thank you for the response, cepe.

I had the same thoughts re: succession. Any adopted child would not be in line, but would most likely be granted some title.

I did not realize that there was a long waiting list for adoption in the UK, and yes, any appearance of preferential treatment would not be met well. I didn't even consider the media factor; you are right, they would not rest until the birth family was found.

A shame that overseas adoptions could be considered less than ideal by some.

Old 01-12-2017, 02:51 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan isn't even close to 36 yet...To think they don't have a plan (if they are serious) is ridiculous...So,I am wondering about the Pippa Middleton's May 2017 wedding...If Harry was invited would Meghan be able to go as his +1 if he was able to have one? I know William,Kate,George and Charlotte would be there for sure but I don't ever remember a GF of his going to a family wedding with him before? Am I right about this? Also if Meghan was to show at a family wedding would that be a huge sign Meghan is sticking around?
Old 01-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing I can be very certain of is that should Harry and Meghan marry, as a couple, they would "adopt" in their hearts each and every child they come across especially those at Sentebale.

These two people are, as far as we know, just dating at this point and it really is kind of early to even be talking about a wedding let alone having kids and/or adopting. One thing for sure is though is that they'll have four legged fur babies around like they do now.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Doesn't Meghan share dog custody with the ex chef boyfriend? Could run into trouble with who is the owner of the dogs if she tries to take to them to U.K. to live full time, which is what she will have to do eventually if the relationship with Harry continues.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Doesn't Meghan share dog custody with the ex chef boyfriend? Could run into trouble with who is the owner of the dogs if she tries to take to them to U.K. to live full time, which is what she will have to do eventually if the relationship with Harry continues.
Meghan owned both dogs before her Ex came into the picture...He has no rights to them because when she signed the adoption papers only her name could have been on them since she wasn't even dating the chef yet...
Old 01-12-2017, 05:55 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Meghan isn't even close to 36 yet...To think they don't have a plan (if they are serious) is ridiculous...So,I am wondering about the Pippa Middleton's May 2017 wedding...If Harry was invited would Meghan be able to go as his +1 if he was able to have one? I know William,Kate,George and Charlotte would be there for sure but I don't ever remember a GF of his going to a family wedding with him before? Am I right about this? Also if Meghan was to show at a family wedding would that be a huge sign Meghan is sticking around?
Well, there's no proof that Harry is invited to Pippa's wedding. And if he is, I don't see an invite for Meghan. She doesn't know the bride or the groom (probably doesn't know the Cambridges, either) and there is limited seating in their venue. Pippa's wedding isn't a "family wedding" for Harry. William is related by marriage, Harry isn't. The media wouldn't have shipped Harry and Pippa so obsessively if they were related.

There is a much better chance of Meghan going as a +1 to Skippy's wedding -a bff of Harry's - than to Pippa's wedding.

But if you want to know about Harry's past gfs and general family weddings then you could point out Chelsy was at William's wedding. Harry and Chelsy were still somewhat officially together at that point. Also Chelsy was invited as a girlfriend to Peter Phillips wedding, which is where she met the Queen.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:05 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Chelsey went as his +1 to William & Catherine's & Peter and Autumn's wedding. Mike Tindal went pre engagement as Zara's + 1 to Peter's & Autumn's. Catherine went pre-engagement to Peter's ( w/out William.) Dave Clark went as Beatrice's +1 to Zara & Mike's wedding (but was not invited to W&C's.)
However, Pippa's wedding is rumored to be a smallish affair & it's doubtful that Harry will be a guest.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Chelsey went as his +1 to William & Catherine's & Peter and Autumn's wedding. Mike Tindal went pre engagement as Zara's + 1 to Peter's & Autumns. Catherine went pre-engagement to Peter's ( w/out William.) Dave Clark went as Beatrice's +1 to Zara & Mike's wedding (but was not invited to W&C's.)
However, Pippa's wedding is rumored to be a smallish affair & it's doubtful that Harry will be a guest.
1. Catherine was also invited to William's cousin ,Laura Fellowes, wedding in 2009. Catherine was also at William's step-sister, Laura Parker-Bowles, wedding in 2006.

2. You are wrong about Dave Clark. He attended William and Catherine's wedding. He wasn't invited to their more intimate evening reception. Two very different things.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
1. Catherine was also invited to William's cousin ,Laura Fellowes, wedding in 2009. Catherine was also at William's step-sister, Laura Parker-Bowles, wedding in 2006.

2. You are wrong about Dave Clark. He attended William and Catherine's wedding. He wasn't invited to their more intimate evening reception. Two very different things.
I thought it was the other way round - no wedding, yes to party.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-12-2017, 06:41 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I thought it was the other way round - no wedding, yes to party.
Nope. He was at the wedding. He sat next to Holly Branson.

He didn't attend the more exclusive reception party. So when Beatrice was pictured leaving the party without her heels, the tabloids talked about how she must have taken them off in heartbreak because she wasn't able to dance with her beloved Dave, who wasn't invited.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:18 PM
Heir Apparent

We have seen girlfriends/boyfriends go to family weddings of the people that they are dating. Kate went Peter's and one of daughters of the Duke of Gloucester's weddings without William. However, the Middletons aren't Harry's family. He might not even be invited.
Old 01-12-2017, 07:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Nope. He was at the wedding. He sat next to Holly Branson.

He didn't attend the more exclusive reception party. So when Beatrice was pictured leaving the party without her heels, the tabloids talked about how she must have taken them off in heartbreak because she wasn't able to dance with her beloved Dave, who wasn't invited.
Thank you. that one always confuses me. Seems strange to me.

Old 01-12-2017, 07:48 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thank you. that one always confuses me. Seems strange to me.
It makes sense to me. They invited almost 2,000 people to their wedding. But of those, only about 200-300 got invited to their evening reception. Dave made the big list, but not the much smaller one.

Eugenie's boyfriend Jack wasn't on either list.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:11 PM
Heir Apparent

It went from biggest to smallest. Most people at the wedding, selected group at the BP reception and then the smallest most exclusive group at evening party.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Majesty

Quote:
It makes sense to me. They invited almost 2,000 people to their wedding. But of those, only about 200-300 got invited to their evening reception. Dave made the big list, but not the much smaller one.

Eugenie's boyfriend Jack didn't get invited to either.
Did he get invited to the middle event? Post wedding lunch?

In the UK amongst we ordinary folk, the wedding tends to be small (size of the church) and generally they get invited to the "sit down" event, and if there is then a party/dance later on, more people get invited. So it gets bigger.
Hence my confusion

Old 01-12-2017, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Did he get invited to the middle event? Post wedding lunch?

In the UK amongst we ordinary folk, the wedding tends to be small (size of the church) and generally they get invited to the "sit down" event, and if there is then a party/dance later on, more people get invited. So it gets bigger.
Hence my confusion
No, the lunch reception that The Queen hosted had about 650 guests. Those people were the foreign royals and the government people from the UK and the commonwealth. The religious leaders that had been at the wedding. And maybe some of the older royals like Duke and Duchess of Kent, Alexandra, the Michaels, and the Gloucesters. Maybe the Linleys and the Chattos. Of course, Charles and Camilla, Anne, Tim, Andrew, Sophie and Edward would of been there, too.

The Middleton family also hosted a lunch for the extended Middleton family and family friends, at the hotel the rented.

Dave was pretty much left to his own devices after the wedding. The tabloids joked that he might have gone straight to a pub to watch the festivities on television.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:42 PM
Commoner

Well, that went off on a complete tangent
Old 01-12-2017, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Truly....now if we can get back on topic.

Old 01-12-2017, 08:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Truly....now if we can get back on topic.
apologies but sometimes you just have to ask a question - thanks for yr patience.

Closed Thread