Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 12:35 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTee20 View Post
Slightly wrong. That event is in the 17th.

Next week we'll be hosting our inaugural @EndeavourFund Awards ceremony which will be attended by The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry
This is a seperate event to the one in Cepe's post from the Court Circular for January 9 - yesterday Harry joined the Endeavour Fund Awards Ceremony Judging Panel.

On January 17, he and William will attend the actual awards ceremony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
...Harry would probably have to give up RPO without media and public attention dying down. And that could be a problem...
Even if Harry were to remove himself from the line of succession, I doubt he would have his security detail removed. The protection officers are not for the royal family only - they are for the PM, various MPs, ambassadors, visiting heads of state and "individuals deemed to be at risk". The public profile and level of interest in Harry is so high (and when you add in his front-line service in Afghanistan, giving further risk) that he would still fall into this category.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:54 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
lilacmagnolia, can you name a single arranged marriage in the BRF in the last 60 years? Other than Charles?

You're making this grand sweeping claim that is not backed up by any fact. Yes, Charles was in a marriage that can be considered arranged. Yes, it was unhappy. None of his siblings were in arranged marriages. His aunt was not in an arranged marriage. His parents were not in an arranged marriage. His mother's cousins were not in arranged marriages.

Going further back, George VI and the Queen Mother were not in an arranged marriage. Nor was the marriages of any of his brothers. It's fair to say that they were pushed at times into marrying in general (which itself is what happened with Charles), but they weren't arranged marriages.

Arranged marriages have not been a thing in the BRF for a hundred years. And the arranged marriages that happened more than a hundred years ago were frequently happy according to the standards of the time.
Someone in a comment before mine said the words "arranged marriage" that's why I used it...What I meant is the rules of the BRF were ridiculous back then...Their mother ordering their divorces and pressuring them into marriages to provide an heir...The Queen ruled her children's marriages no doubt.She made their decisions.

Old 01-10-2017, 12:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessRulz View Post
This is a seperate event to the one in Cepe's post from the Court Circular for January 9 - yesterday Harry joined the Endeavour Fund Awards Ceremony Judging Panel.

On January 17, he and William will attend the actual awards ceremony.

Even if Harry were to remove himself from the line of succession, I doubt he would have his security detail removed. The protection officers are not for the royal family only - they are for the PM, various MPs, ambassadors, visiting heads of state and "individuals deemed to be at risk". The public profile and level of interest in Harry is so high (and when you add in his front-line service in Afghanistan, giving further risk) that he would still fall into this category.
Do you have any media links to the judging event that harry took part in yesterday? I can't find anything online about this besides the 2 sentence comment from the CC. The only info I'm seeing is the info about the event taking place on the 17th.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:16 AM
Majesty

The event is on January 17th. That date is taken from the organizations website. The confusion seems to be that the ceremony, and the participation of it by Harry and William, was announced today the 9th

Here is a link to the site saying the event is the 17th. The announcement though dated the 9th

Endeavour Fund to host inaugural Awards ceremony with The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry | Endeavour Fund

Joining the panel isn't actually a physical event he attended. It was an announcement that he would be participating in thus event.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:42 AM
Majesty

I suppose that it was inevitable that pictures from Meghan's first marriage would surface.
Old 01-10-2017, 02:48 AM
Majesty

Oh n Harry is going yo be heart broken and run away

He knows she was married. They she isn't some virgin. I highly doubt dome photos of her in Mexico on her wedding weekend will bother him. She certainly will have seen photos of him with other girls.

The beauty of adult relationships, you know and aren't threatened that you arent the first. That or he would have to be like Charles and marry a very young bride with little life experience. No thirty something bride will have not had serious relationships, even if not marriage.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:12 AM
Gentry

So the ex husband is in his feelings about Harry but not about Cory, the guy she dated after him? Leave that woman alone. It's not like it's a secret she was married before.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post

It's all working for Crown Princess Mary. She left her whole life in Australia behind for a whole new life in Denmark. She seems to be doing pretty fantastic in her new royal life. Meghan could do the same. Family visits will come in handy, as it does for Mary.

Princess Grace did the same thing.
With the greatest respect, marrying into the Danish royal family and marrying into the British royal family are two entirely different things.

Mary could walk down Oxford Street in London or 5th Avenue in NY even today and the chances of anyone knowing who she is would be pretty slim. Outside of Scandinavia and Australia, she gets little media coverage.

Life is completely different for Kate or Harry's future wife. The level of press interest, and intrusion, is on a totally different planet.

In addition, I don't know a lot about Mary but wasn't she an estate agent before she got married? Or in marketing or advertising? Whatever, I don't think she was exactly particularly successful so giving that up won't have been all that difficult. Megan has managed a pretty admirable level of success in her acting career, there are many thousands if not millions of young actresses who would give their right arm for a job on a TV series that's so successful and respected as Suits.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:54 AM
Nobility

I imagine Harry would want to have a relationship with a woman, who has life experience, good and bad, a woman who likes adventure, to try new things, travel etc, an adult woman. That of course means, that the woman lived that kind of life even before she met Harry, her life didn't start last summer. Of course there's going to be wedding pictures of her last marriage. There's pictures of her being happy and living life.

I'm thinking daily fail haven't even found a speeding ticket to her name, though, and they're grasping at straws right now.
Old 01-10-2017, 03:56 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
The event is on January 17th. That date is taken from the organizations website. The confusion seems to be that the ceremony, and the participation of it by Harry and William, was announced today the 9th

Here is a link to the site saying the event is the 17th. The announcement though dated the 9th

Endeavour Fund to host inaugural Awards ceremony with The Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry | Endeavour Fund

Joining the panel isn't actually a physical event he attended. It was an announcement that he would be participating in thus event.
The CC wouldn't have mentioned the January 9 event if it wasn't an actual event that Harry attended. January 9 | Register | The Times & The Sunday Times

It was held at Kensington Palace. Richard Palmer has tweeted about it this morning, London time, calling it a 'behind-the-scenes' event.

Not really much to be confused about:
event 1) on January 9, Harry joined the Judging Panel at KP
event 2) on January 17, Harry and William will attend the award ceremony
Old 01-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetticoatLane View Post
With the greatest respect, marrying into the Danish royal family and marrying into the British royal family are two entirely different things.

Mary could walk down Oxford Street in London or 5th Avenue in NY even today and the chances of anyone knowing who she is would be pretty slim. Outside of Scandinavia and Australia, she gets little media coverage.

Life is completely different for Kate or Harry's future wife. The level of press interest, and intrusion, is on a totally different planet.

In addition, I don't know a lot about Mary but wasn't she an estate agent before she got married? Or in marketing or advertising? Whatever, I don't think she was exactly particularly successful so giving that up won't have been all that difficult. Megan has managed a pretty admirable level of success in her acting career, there are many thousands if not millions of young actresses who would give their right arm for a job on a TV series that's so successful and respected as Suits.
The point is that-yes-it will be a big change for her, but Meghan is familiar with London. She has friends there and she do like spending time there when she can. It's not like the culture will be a big shock for her. If she and Harry decide to take things to another level, she will make the sacrifice and move to London. Her family can visit her, and she can visit her family.

She is an accomplished actress and I'm sure she enjoy her job. If things become official, I'm she would have thought it all through and leave acting behind. She will still be able to continue on with her charity and philanthropy work. Maybe not with the UN, but her official role will involve her doing this same kind of work anyway.

Meghan is an actress. She's been dealing with the media and press pressure. She's going to be fine with Harry and the palace officials behind her.

Crown Princess Mary made big sacrifices too. The press may be a little different, but it is the same thing. She left her whole world behind to adopt a total different country and language. When there's real love, partnership, friendship and a very understanding family around a new wife, they can get through the big changes.

Meghan won't be pushed into anything, but eased into the process. Also, let's let this couple date and hopefully they'll get to these steps. Right now, people already have them divorcing and her having nervous breakdowns due to royal life.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-10-2017, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think there is anything particularly shocking about the photos of Meghan's 2011 wedding celebrations, whatever the tabloids were hoping for. They just show a crowd of people, mostly young, having fun and a few drinks, on a Jamaican beach. Half their luck! I've seen worse, much worse, at some beach parties here.

I suppose the subtext to these articles the tabloids are emphasising in their usual so-subtle way is Meghan the ambitious woman who's been momentarily married before then divorced, leaving a broken hearted groom in her wake. Quite pathetic really!
Old 01-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcamp184 View Post
Do you have any media links to the judging event that harry took part in yesterday? I can't find anything online about this besides the 2 sentence comment from the CC. The only info I'm seeing is the info about the event taking place on the 17th.
The court circular is updated in the Times everyday . That is where the info came from as it said in my original post.

The Royal we site will eventually update with this.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
I am not making this up. The court circular is updated in the Times everyday . That is where the info came from as it said in my original post.

The Royal we site will eventually update with this.
Richard Palmer said Harry was there.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Yes he did, some hours after I did.

I have access to the CC from midnight UK time. Regulars on here know that. I post it so that people get the info as soon as possible.

Glad to help

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 01-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

And before Richard Palmer said it the CC said it.

His source is probably the CC.

Cepe and iluvbertie are our resident CC watchers, and if they say an event happened and was in the CC it's safe to assume it happened (especially if, as Cepe did here, they actually quote the CC).

For those who are confused, the CC (or Court Circular) is the list of engagements that have been acknowledged by the Queen. Every day the Queen's office compiles this list, which is then published in the Times and (eventually) on the official BRF website.

If an engagement is on the CC it means that it happened and that the Queen is acknowledging it as having happened. There is no need to doubt the validity of something having happened if it's in the CC.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:09 AM
Commoner

Those pictures of Meghan running a wheelbarrow race and playing flip cup on the beach confirm that she's a "sporty girl." A "guys girl" - minus the vaguely misogynistic connotations, that is.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:12 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
If an engagement is on the CC it means that it happened and that the Queen is acknowledging it as having happened. There is no need to doubt the validity of something having happened if it's in the CC.
When it comes to reliable sources and the BRF, the CC is probably the most reliable source there is. No question about it.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Majesty

Well as far as picture's go....the whole world saw Harry in his 'all-together' a few years ago in Vegas...those pics of her seem quite tame.

LaRae