The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Why is the DM saying Harry and Meghan are still in Norway? Has it never been reported that they've returned? I thought the trip had ended already since it was reportedly intended as a week long vacation...
No, it was never confirmed that they had left. They got there on Monday and all reports said they'd be there for a week, but some were assuming they were already gone since the story had broken out. I'd assume they are there until tomorrow at least, if we go by the 1 week theory a lot of media are reporting.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Guys, we have been informed twice now that this is not the thread to be discussing Harry's alleged instagram account and that posts on the subject will be deleted.

As for the length of the holiday, we don't know how long it is. The "week" reports are all unconfirmed rumours. No one from Harry or Meghan's teams have released any information about it. They could be on a weeklong trip, a two weeklong trip, a month long trip... they could be planning on running away and living in the Norwegian fjords for the rest of their lives.

Old 01-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Guys, we have been informed twice now that this is not the thread to be discussing Harry's alleged instagram account and that posts on the subject will be deleted.

As for the length of the holiday, we don't know how long it is. The "week" reports are all unconfirmed rumours. No one from Harry or Meghan's teams have released any information about it. They could be on a weeklong trip, a two weeklong trip, a month long trip... they could be planning on running away and living in the Norwegian fjords for the rest of their lives.
Of course their teams haven't confirmed it, it's a story in the media--Just like many other things we talk about on here, it's all speculation/hearsay. However, that doesn't necessarily mean it should automatically be ruled out. The media has been right before.
Old 01-08-2017, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Please note that posts regarding Prince Harry's Instagram account have been deleted, they are off topic. A thread to discuss the social media accounts of members of the Royal Family can be found here:

Royal Websites & Social Networking
Old 01-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Nobility

Adult people have their relationships outside of social media. I wouldn't base any thought, that IG following or not following indicates how their relationship is going. If they break up, I'm thinking there will be a statement given to US weekly or people, by Meghan's publicists, quite fast. Any other tumblr knowledge, IMO, is fanfiction. The more detailed the 'information', the more it convinces me that it's fangirls writing stories. IMO Harry has a trusted group of friends, who will not betray him, and spill anything to anyone. Meghan has her half sister and nephew or whatever, who talk a lot, but I don't think they know anything. I think Meghan has an equally close group of friends, who are protective of her as well.

So, I don't think there's any info these Tumblr people have, and I don't think Meghan and Harry will show in any way on social media what's happening in their relationships.
Old 01-08-2017, 12:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Why is the DM saying Harry and Meghan are still in Norway? Has it never been reported that they've returned? I thought the trip had ended already since it was reportedly intended as a week long vacation...
When The Fail has nothing they'll report anything.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Not necessarily as long as they live. It's fairly reasonable to expect that the interest in William and Kate will decrease as they get older; no one cares as much about a long married couple in their 40s, 50s, etc, unless there is drama within the relationship. For William and Kate this will become even more true as George and Charlotte get older and begin dating; by then public interest will be on them instead of their parents.

Harry can hope for the same; if he marries and has kids in his 30s, interest will die down in him and his wife when he's in his 40s, and by his 50s it'll be more on the potential love lives of his kids. If he marries later the time frame will change, or if he doesn't have kids then the interest will be there until it's considerably unlikely that they'll be having kids.

Consider Andrew - no one cares about who he's dating unless the rumours about him and Sarah getting back together resurface (as they do every few years). No one cares at all about Edward and Sophie anymore either, although I don't think they ever hit William and Kate (or Charles/Diana, Andrew/Sarah) levels. People only care about Anne and Tim when there's rumours that they're unhappy in their marriage.
Meandering through this thread these last few days I'd say Harry is counting the days until he hits 40.

Everyone who posts in this forum is interested in royals. However, looking through the Harry threads, the interest here is becoming stalkerish and disturbing, IMO. Do we really need to know every iota of Harry's life? Do we really need a play by play of his love life? Do we really need to know where they are, how long they will be there, what they are doing at 3 pm on Sunday... there are people on this thread who won't be satisfied until there's a webcam attached to his head, and then they'll want brain waves monitors.

BTW, for those of you so emotionally invested in Harry that you want him to find the woman of his dreams (or want Megan to be the woman of his dreams), this is NOT the way to help that along. You're helping to scare any normal woman away, far away.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Nobility

I am just excited he's dating an American. And she's so pretty. I hope it works out. I feel a need to defend her because she is attacked so much.

I had never heard of her or Suits before all this and I have no intention of tuning in and watching Suits. Just not interested.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I've never heard of her or Suits before Harry got involved with her either.

I think it's interesting to see what will happen. So far she does seem very suited for the job (that of the wife of a higher up royal) from a media savvy/charity background standpoint.

Lot more to it than that though..time will tell. I hope they are able to keep one step ahead of the media as they go along.

LaRae
Old 01-08-2017, 01:45 PM
Aristocracy

The only thing I would have considered stalkerish is the social media issue...When I said I wanted to know EVERYTHING they were doing in Norway I was being sarcastic.I'm sure everyone here knows their limits and don't intend on stalking this relationship...We just discuss it and this is the most pleasant realistic forum I have seen so far so maybe that's why you are thinking we are too invested...Just like others have said I don't intend on watching an episode of suits because she is Harry's Girl.Some of us are genuinely happy and excited Harry has a girlfriend because we don't get serious girlfriends often from him...It would be nice for him to be happy so I'm sure all of us are positive about any relationship he chooses to be in,not specifically Meghan.If she's good enough for Harry she is good enough for me.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I've been saying in this thread for a very long time that what Harry needs is a dog. Now it seems like he's got two of them to pay attention to and that makes me happy. The biggest perk of this though is that the two dogs come with a wonderful woman that seems to be making Harry very, very happy.

I think all of us here wish Harry the best and that the relationship goes as smoothly as possible without being harangued too much. So far they've been really lucky to avoid prying eyes and cameras and that's been a huge blessing for them.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Suits had between 6 - 7 million viewers in its first season, ranking #1 or #2 in the 18-49 demographic. It's gone down since then - season 5 was 3 - 4 million, and the current season hasn't hit 4 million in an episode yet. But that's actually fairly decent for a show on a cable TV channel. In comparison, Game of Thrones only hit 3 million viewers once in it's first season, and didn't hit 7 million until it's 4th season. The ratings are actually rather good for the network as well - Mr. Robot is on the same network, and actually does worse in the ratings, despite being an Emmy winning show. Suits is also on Netflix, so it has that going for it.

You might not have heard of the show or Meghan before, but neither is really a completely unknown entity. If you don't watch cable TV or don't watch lawyer shows then you're probably not the target demographic for the show.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

We don't have access here to cable TV only satellite as an option. So there can be other reasons to have not heard of Suits..or one of the zillion other shows out there competing in the marketplace.

However my favorite lawyer show was L.A. Law.

LaRae
Old 01-09-2017, 03:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I am just excited he's dating an American. And she's so pretty. I hope it works out. I feel a need to defend her because she is attacked so much.

I had never heard of her or Suits before all this and I have no intention of tuning in and watching Suits. Just not interested.
Attacked? Not on this forum! Some may like her some may not, as there were those for or anti-Chelsy and Cressida, but attacking is a no-no which the moderators fight tirelessly to maintain. Attacking is an ugly practice, not to mention counterproductive, as it invariably becomes personal for some posters and we get closed down for a cleanup.

I have to admit to not understanding people who are anti-Meghan because we have nothing to be anti about. We haven't seen she and Harry together, so we can't complain about the way she comports herself with him, what sort of a couple they look like (we can only imagine anyway), etc. I'd just like to see a photo of Harry with a woman he loves and both of them beaming and obviously deliriously happy. However, I think it's worth waiting for.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:15 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Attacked? Not on this forum! Some may like her some may not, as there were those for or anti-Chelsy and Cressida, but attacking is a no-no which the moderators fight tirelessly to maintain. Attacking is an ugly practice, not to mention counterproductive, as it invariably becomes personal for some posters and we get closed down for a cleanup.

I have to admit to not understanding people who are anti-Meghan because we have nothing to be anti about. We haven't seen she and Harry together, so we can't complain about the way she comports herself with him, what sort of a couple they look like (we can only imagine anyway), etc. I'd just like to see a photo of Harry with a woman he loves and both of them beaming and obviously deliriously happy. However, I think it's worth waiting for.
I think she's referring to The Daily Fail. The comment section is pure evil when it comes to Meghan.
Old 01-09-2017, 04:32 AM
Majesty

The comment section of the Daily Mail has nasty commentators no matter who it is that is being written about. Its their modus operandi and not worth reading or repeating what has been said.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:15 AM
Nobility

Daily fail commenters are trashing Meryl Streep for her amazing golden globes speech. So Meghan getting trashed there, IMO, is a good thing.

I'm thinking, that Meghan and Harry trying to fly under the radar has a lot to do with security too, not just wanting privacy. The less people know where they're at, the less security Harry needs, and the less the security costs. He very publicly claimed her as his girlfriend, they're not ashamed or trying to hide their relationship.
Old 01-09-2017, 05:51 AM
Majesty

I do agree with you on the security precautions but no matter where Harry goes, whether it be to the corner McDonald's or the far reaches of Africa, he'll always have his RPO with him.

From what we do know of this relationship, its pretty much a given that this is a long distance relationship between two people that have very full and productive lives. If they lived in the same city, they could arrange to meet "after work" at such and such a place. As it is now, they have to consult their calendars, make travel arrangements and take into account anything else that needs to be thought of. The time that they actually get to spend together becomes precious minutes and they want to spend them with each other and not with outside entertainment, restaurants and socializing. A couple like this that needs and wants seclusion and privacy to enjoy the time that they do have together give true meaning to the "staycation".
Old 01-09-2017, 08:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

From what we do know of this relationship, its pretty much a given that this is a long distance relationship between two people that have very full and productive lives. If they lived in the same city, they could arrange to meet "after work" at such and such a place. As it is now, they have to consult their calendars, make travel arrangements and take into account anything else that needs to be thought of.

This is the reason I think that one party will have to change locale if the relationship is to endure.
Long-distance relationships can work for a time, but eventually I think they fail in favor of someone who is on the scene, so to speak.

And- Harry can't make the change.
So Meghan will have to.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan will need to move to the UK if the relationship is to go anywhere. That said, Harry is at his most flexible right now. As a 'part-time' working royal, he has gaps in his schedule to make time for Meghan.

Closed Thread