The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2017, 07:58 PM
Majesty

I guess I don't understand why it'd be a problem for her to attend the Invictus Games? Just cause Harry's there and it's 'his thing' doesn't mean she can't get involved or just attend to watch.

LaRae

Old 01-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Nobility

I know Invictus is an official event for Harry but I thought it was personal and not an official royal event? This is why I assumed we would see Meghan show up at some point. And it's still over 8 months away which means they will have been dating for over a year. So I would not be surprised if Meghan shows up at a few of the sporting competitions with Harry.

Old 01-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Meghan has all the subtlety of a hammer

The Tig @thetigofficial
#Nature is #magic. ❄❤ #snowday #cabin #cabinfever #winterwonderland #TheTig

https://twitter.com/thetigofficial/s...53827428843520

Assuming this is legit...lovely picture!

LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
I know Invictus is an official event for Harry but I thought it was personal and not an official royal event? This is why I assumed we would see Meghan show up at some point. And it's still over 8 months away which means they will have been dating for over a year. So I would not be surprised if Meghan shows up at a few of the sporting competitions with Harry.

She seems like the sporty type of girl. She hikes etc. Something like the games or other events like that would be right in her wheelhouse.

LaRae
Old 01-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Meghan has all the subtlety of a hammer

The Tig @thetigofficial
#Nature is #magic. ❄❤ #snowday #cabin #cabinfever #winterwonderland #TheTig

https://twitter.com/thetigofficial/s...53827428843520
She definitely enjoys toying with the media. I suppose it's good to have a sense of humor about it all.

As for Wimbledon, the York princesses have brought their boyfriends as dates in the past. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Harry might do the same. His personality and behavior are more similar to Beatrice and Eugenie than to his brother. But if they want to avoid the media drama, they'll probably do what they did last year. Meghan goes as a guest of Serena, and Harry stays home, he doesn't seem to care about tennis anyway.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

The opening and closing is the official part of the games. All the other days are the competitions. There's nothing wrong with her attending those days.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-07-2017, 08:05 PM
Aristocracy

Meghan Markle will accompany Prince Harry to his best friend's wedding in Jamaica | Daily Mail Online

DM getting headline happy...Once they get one good one they become daily!
Old 01-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
She definitely enjoys toying with the media. I suppose it's good to have a sense of humor about it all.

As for Wimbledon, the York princesses have brought their boyfriends as dates in the past. So it's not out of the realm of possibility that Harry might do the same. His personality and behavior are more similar to Beatrice and Eugenie than to his brother. But if they want to avoid the media drama, they'll probably do what they did last year. Meghan goes as a guest of Serena, and Harry stays home, he doesn't seem to care about tennis anyway.

I can see Harry getting a kick out of it too...he seems like he would enjoy jabbing the media.

LaRae
Old 01-07-2017, 08:08 PM
Aristocracy

I just wasn't sure who was allowed in the Royal Box thanks for clearing that up! I do hope they get to attend normal events together but I'm not sure how they would handle the press attention with bigger events like Wimbledon and Invictus which are public events and people will want a glimpse of Meghan since they aren't getting many pictures now.I hope you all are right! though!
Old 01-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I just wasn't sure who was allowed in the Royal Box thanks for clearing that up! I do hope they get to attend normal events together but I'm not sure how they would handle the press attention with bigger events like Wimbledon and Invictus which are public events and people will want a glimpse of Meghan since they aren't getting many pictures now.I hope you all are right! though!

After he marries (whoever it ends up being) they will have similar media following anytime they go out in public.

If the girl can't handle it while they are dating she'll never make it as his wife.

LaRae
Old 01-07-2017, 08:13 PM
Heir Apparent

If they go to Wimbledon, you are going to get an article just about their facial expressions like we see when William and Kate go.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I guess I don't understand why it'd be a problem for her to attend the Invictus Games? Just cause Harry's there and it's 'his thing' doesn't mean she can't get involved or just attend to watch.

LaRae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbigail View Post
Harry gets official recognition in the CC for anything involving Invictus, making it an official royal event (that is spurred by a personal interest).

I could definitely see Meghan (or Harry's future wife) getting involved with Invictus post-wedding, but pre-wedding... it's not simply a sporting competitions; it's an actual engagement. Harry is there as a Royal patron of the event.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post

LaRae
Exactly. Especially considering she's friends with Sophie Tredeau and Jess Mulroney. I could easily see her go to one of the games with the girls.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Harry gets official recognition in the CC for anything involving Invictus, making it an official royal event (that is spurred by a personal interest).

I could definitely see Meghan (or Harry's future wife) getting involved with Invictus post-wedding, but pre-wedding... it's not simply a sporting competitions; it's an actual engagement. Harry is there as a Royal patron of the event.

As long as they don't go 'together' then I don't see how it is an issue. She's going as a private person, already involved in charitable causes.

LaRae
Old 01-07-2017, 08:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
Exactly. Especially considering she's friends with Sophie Tredeau and Jess Mulroney. I could easily see her go to one of the games with the girls.

If she were to attend with Sophie Grégorie Trudeau or Jessica Mulroney or anyone other than Harry the focus would be all about her, likely coupled with rumours that she's there without him because they've broken up.

I don't think Harry (let alone the Queen and the Firm at large) want Invictus to be about his relationship.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Meghan Markle will accompany Prince Harry to his best friend's wedding in Jamaica | Daily Mail Online

DM getting headline happy...Once they get one good one they become daily!
I wonder who's side is sending stories to Daily Fail or are they making it up because they know Tom is getting married. And you are so right, once they get a good headline, expect 3 more.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Jamaica in March? Surely it would have to be a day trip! Shooting for the next season of Suits commences in February, doesn't it? Unless, of course, Meghan is engaged and residing in England by then! I think the DM is drawing a long bow with this one.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:

Does he? I'm aware that meetings are counted in the CC but I thought the event itself was still considered more personal than an official royal engagement. In any case, I think the informal setting of the sporting competitions would still allow for Meghan to make an appearance, even with Harry. We will see what happens but I wouldn't be surprised to see her there and IMO, it wouldn't be inappropriate.
Old 01-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Her character is a supporting one on Suits. She could fly down to Jamaica from Toronto on a Friday, go to the wedding on Saturday and fly back on a Sunday.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Jamaica in March? Surely it would have to be a day trip! Shooting for the next season of Suits commences in February, doesn't it? Unless, of course, Meghan is engaged and residing in England by then! I think the DM is drawing a long bow with this one.
Meghan and Harry headlines probably generate more clicks than anyone at this point. Just clickbait to get the trolls bashing her in the comments.
Old 01-07-2017, 09:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
If she were to attend with Sophie Grégorie Trudeau or Jessica Mulroney or anyone other than Harry the focus would be all about her, likely coupled with rumours that she's there without him because they've broken up.

I don't think Harry (let alone the Queen and the Firm at large) want Invictus to be about his relationship.
She's a private individual going with friends while Harry's working. I highly doubt they would say they broke up if she attends. Now if she didn't attend, that'd be the story.