The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Nobility

Seeing the Northern Lights is so much better than all the other boring Caribbean St. Barts vacations all the celebrities went on! Good for Harry and Meghan! This does not surprise me since Meghan spend last new years eve in Iceland another great place to view the Northern Lights.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:16 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Seeing the Northern Lights is so much better than all the other boring Caribbean St. Barts vacations all the celebrities went on! Good for Harry and Meghan! This does not surprise me since Meghan spend last new years eve in Iceland another great place to view the Northern Lights.
Yes, Iceland is beautiful! I'm sure Norway is the same way.

Old 01-06-2017, 09:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Imagine the conversation: Meghan my love, I wanted to take you to Norway to see the northern lights...

But Harry baby I just seen it last year in Iceland...

Oops...

Old 01-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Commoner

I finally made an account because this forum is super low on vitriol WRT to Meghan and her relationship with Prince Harry. Nice change of pace!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Welcome Cisternly! Yes, we are a polite and friendly forum, usually, compared to others where fangs come out at times!

Watching the northern lights as a loved up couple is something else again. Some nice food, drinks, an isolated but warm cabin. Lovely!
Old 01-06-2017, 10:29 PM
Commoner

Thank you, Curryong! happy to be here!
Agree that a secluded cabin with the Northern Lights as a backdrop sounds lovely. I admit that I googled and learned that this town that they went to (allegedly) is very low key, with no luxury resorts to speak of. I don't know why, but I think it's sweet that they went for a no frills vacation spot. Shows they can appreciate the simple things in life.
Old 01-06-2017, 11:18 PM
Nobility

I'm believing that they were in Norway for a little private getaway. That airport tweet that got deleted supports the theory IMO. For me, that would be a dream holiday. Secluded cabin in the middle of beautiful nature, snow, skiing, walks, fireplace, and a lot of time together. Sounds amazing!
Old 01-06-2017, 11:39 PM
Courtier

Well, we'll know the holiday (if indeed it happened) is over when we start seeing daily pix of Ms. Markle on her way to yoga in Toronto.
I am a bit concerned about her charity trip later this month - to India, I think? It'll be a scheduled public appearance for her & I have to believe the press crush could be bigger than she expected when she planned it.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:01 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I'm believing that they were in Norway for a little private getaway. That airport tweet that got deleted supports the theory IMO. For me, that would be a dream holiday. Secluded cabin in the middle of beautiful nature, snow, skiing, walks, fireplace, and a lot of time together. Sounds amazing!
To be clear, it wasn't just one tweet that was deleted, it was two; the follow-up from the same person plainly stated that he was flying to Tromso (it was in reply to someone who asked why H wouldn't be flying BA).

I had no doubt that he was in Tromso and it doesn't surprise me in the least that Meghan was there with him.
Old 01-07-2017, 01:55 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
Well, we'll know the holiday (if indeed it happened) is over when we start seeing daily pix of Ms. Markle on her way to yoga in Toronto.

I am a bit concerned about her charity trip later this month - to India, I think? It'll be a scheduled public appearance for her & I have to believe the press crush could be bigger than she expected when she planned it.

You are so correct! I'm sure her team (well hope really) has taken the media interest into account.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:10 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
I doubt that Meghan prefers an unstable acting career than marrying Harry. From what I know of her personality, just think of becoming the wife of a prince and entering the English royalty, must leave her in a ecstasy. She is leonine, loves to appear and be the focus of attention (this is not a critic), before Harry hardly anyone knew her, now even in the North Pole know her lol lol
In truth, we "know" nothing about Meghan except that which is in the public domain. She is an actress and is presently one of an ensemble cast in Suits, which is far from being an unknown actress. The rest of what we know can only come from direct quotes from her and personal knowledge which, I am guessing, you do not have.

As to the "holiday", I am guessing it probably is somewhere in the snow as that seems to be Harry's preferred New Year's practice although he is more often with his Uncle's family. Needless to say, a romantic getaway would dictate something a little more private and a whole lot more romantic.

Exactly where is anyone's guess although you can't get much more romantic than sharing this year's Arora Borealis from one of the lucky countries that experience their grandeur.
Old 01-07-2017, 03:42 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I'm with Marg on this one. Speaking of the northern lights and a romantic getaway, this place would be perfect for Meghan and Harry. Little nippy this time of year but its something I'd also love to do.

http://www.travelandleisure.com/hote...el-switzerland
Old 01-07-2017, 04:35 AM
Nobility

Lovely spot in the summer. For winter, not so much.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:06 PM
Aristocracy

I know I'm getting ahead of myself again but I do know the four more common months for Royal Weddings are April,June,July,November with December as a honourable mention...If They did marry this year like some bookies say I think November would be the month they choose.The Queen and DofE wedding anniversary is in November and it's a milestone and I wonder if Harry would want to marry on that day for luck? Is it allowed to share a wedding date with a current monarch or is that a no? I heard you can even wear the same color as the Queen at some events so I'm just wondering.
Old 01-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Please note that a number of posts have been deleted as they do not comply with The Royal Forum rules.

Members are once again reminded that this thread relates to Prince Harry’s relationship. It is not a debating ground about social media accounts or anything else not directly related to Prince Harry’s relationship.

A thread relating to royalty and social media can be found here:

Royal Websites & Social Networking

Members are requested to provide proper, reputable sources for the information that they post - not just hearsay, rumour or gossip.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:12 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I know I'm getting ahead of myself again but I do know the four more common months for Royal Weddings are April,June,July,November with December as a honourable mention...If They did marry this year like some bookies say I think November would be the month they choose.The Queen and DofE wedding anniversary is in November and it's a milestone and I wonder if Harry would want to marry on that day for luck? Is it allowed to share a wedding date with a current monarch or is that a no? I heard you can even wear the same color as the Queen at some events so I'm just wondering.
I could see them getting engaged at some point this year, but I think a marriage seems unlikely and too rushed for 2017.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
I don't know if it has ever happened in the uk, but Victoria and Daniel share a wedding anniversary with her parents. But November 20th is a Monday this year which is very unlikely as a wedding day. And I don't see Harry proposing that soon IMO.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Anne married Mark Philips on Charles birthday. That's probably the closest in recent British royal marriages being a certain day. To me, it would be in poor taste for Harry to get married on his grandparents 70th wedding anniversary. Not that many people get to celebrate 70 years together. The focus should be on the Queen and Philip for that day.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcamp184 View Post
I could see them getting engaged at some point this year, but I think a marriage seems unlikely and too rushed for 2017.

I don't see them getting engaged or married this year... but on the issue of a marriage and an engagement in the same year being rushed, it's actually fairly common.

The Queen and DoE: engagement announced July 1947, married the following November
Charles and Diana: engaged in February 1981, married the following July
Charles and Camilla: engagement announced February 2005, married the following April
William and Kate: engagement announced November 2010, married the following April
Anne and Mark: engaged May 1973, married the following November
Anne and Tim: I can't find when their engagement was announced, but as her divorce wasn't finalized until April 1992 and she and Tim married the following December, I'm thinking it happened sometime between April and December
Peter and Autumn: engagement announced July 2007, married April 2008
Zara and Mike: engagement announced December 2010, married the following July
Andrew and Sarah: engaged in February 1986, announced in March, and married in July
Edward and Sophie: engagement announced January 1999, married the following June

One thing to note is that many of the engagements may have occurred well before they were announced; we know when Charles proposed to Diana and when Andrew proposed to Sarah, but for some of the others they may have been engaged for some time before the engagement was announced publicly.

I think if Harry and Meghan become engaged this year, a public announcement won't happen until after her commitments to Suits are finished.
Old 01-07-2017, 02:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Unlike a regular engaged couple, a royal couple has the might of the palace to help with all the planning and preparation. The reception is a royal venue. Money is not really a problem. It's helps to speed the process along.

Closed Thread