The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

They are likely away on vacation together.
In recent days there have been no sightings of Meghan or Harry. This is very telling as the paps are well aware of Meghan's comings and goings since they know where she lives.
The very fact that we don't have a "Meghan goes out to lunch with friends" or a "Meghan goes to yoga"...means they have successfully outsmarted the paps.😎

Old 01-04-2017, 12:05 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Actually, we only have suppositions and speculations that they were even taking a vacation together. Not one word has ever come from either Harry or Meghan about their plans or their relationship.

Its too easy to read a rumor and have it grow into being taken as fact.

Old 01-04-2017, 12:10 PM
Nobility

Seems any meetings or vacations usually come out after the fact. With the lack of sightings, postings, social media perhaps they are taking things back underground and deliberately cooling media speculation.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Notice the writer for the DM is reporting from Grants Pass, Oregon. The fail probably has a full-time staff chasing down these stories.
Old 01-04-2017, 12:50 PM
Aristocracy

That's what I said! They haven't had a good story in a while so they are actually calling these family members...It's so disappointing of the DM because if they wouldn't keep asking there would be no story to report.I can imagine being American they don't get they have to be so quiet it's just a regular boyfriend to their Aunt,Sister who happens to be a prince but in UK he is Prince Harry son, brother,uncle of the future heirs...They are excited by a little fame but they can't always be so willing to share family photos and stories...I'm sure Harry could care less but other British people will see it as Meghan seeking attention through her family and how she is not discreet enough.The more DM keeps printing these articles,the more trolls come out against the relationship.They are just making it worse accepting statements from her family.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
That's what I said! They haven't had a good story in a while so they are actually calling these family members...It's so disappointing of the DM because if they wouldn't keep asking there would be no story to report.I can imagine being American they don't get they have to be so quiet it's just a regular boyfriend to their Aunt,Sister who happens to be a prince but in UK he is Prince Harry son, brother,uncle of the future heirs...They are excited by a little fame but they can't always be so willing to share family photos and stories...I'm sure Harry could care less but other British people will see it as Meghan seeking attention through her family and how she is not discreet enough.The more DM keeps printing these articles,the more trolls come out against the relationship.They are just making it worse accepting statements from her family.
Exactly!! If she has a relationship with her dad she should call him and he needs to muzzle his family.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:24 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
So far with talking to the "family", I don't believe that anything has come out that is any where near earth shaking that wouldn't be expected in the normal course of any relationship. We have been given hints that Harry has met some of Meghan's family and that Meghan has met some of Harry's family but it still remains pure rumor and hearsay.

I just really feel for anyone close to the couple if they're being hounded for even any kind of a little blip that reporters can turn into some kind of an article to fill space. I am also totally laughing at the fact that these same reporters are running the marathon of rat races and the prized cheeses are sitting somewhere probably smugly grinning ear to ear chanting "see how they run!"
Old 01-04-2017, 01:36 PM
Nobility

These are siblings are that 16+ years older than Meghan. When Meghan was born, they were about to enter into adulthood. More likely than not, Meghan was raised more like an only child with siblings around for some holidays and occasional visits. It doesn't even sound like they've lived in the same states for many years. It's a shame that these middle aged folks can't understand that discretion is probably the best thing they can do for their sister right now.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTee20 View Post
Exactly!! If she has a relationship with her dad she should call him and he needs to muzzle his family.
It's kind of hard to muzzle adults. If not careful, it could have the opposite effect.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm thinking that would just increase the amount they talk. Especially if a lot of money is being offered.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:45 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqui24 View Post
These are siblings are that 16+ years older than Meghan. When Meghan was born, they were about to enter into adulthood. More likely than not, Meghan was raised more like an only child with siblings around for some holidays and occasional visits. It doesn't even sound like they've lived in the same states for many years. It's a shame that these middle aged folks can't understand that discretion is probably the best thing they can do for their sister right now.
It's obvious they don't care. Daily Fail dangles $$$$ and they start singing. We'll get these stories until Harry & Meghan resurface.
Old 01-04-2017, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:

I don't think the half side of the family cares. This is their meal ticket.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:15 PM
Gentry

At least he's not talking badly about her.
Old 01-04-2017, 02:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Rather difficult for a parent to 'muzzle' adult family members.

LaRae
Old 01-04-2017, 03:48 PM
Nobility

The Telegraph is reporting it now as well!!

Meet the in-laws: Prince Harry introduced to Meghan Markle's father

Isn't the Telegraph a valid news source?
Old 01-04-2017, 04:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Unfortunately, the Telegraph has been known to pull stories from the DM on occasion...
Old 01-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Aristocracy

I don't believe most of the "sources" but if it comes straight from her family I will believe it's true because of course a son would talk to his father about these types of things.At the same time they need to stop putting a paycheck before their family member.
Old 01-04-2017, 04:50 PM
Nobility

Tom Markle gave his blessing!

Prince Harry met Meghan Markle's father Thomas | Royal | News | Daily Express
Old 01-04-2017, 05:53 PM
Courtier

There's almost always some member of the extended family willing to speak w/ the media - Cressida's half brother Jacobi Anstruther-Gough-Calthorpe leaked like a sieve about his half sister & Prince Harry. At least Meghan's brother is not a whiner like Jacobi was.
Old 01-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Samantha Markle, Meghan's half-sister has been busy on her Twitter, stating that her father laughed at the DM article. (Presumably she asked him about meeting Harry.) She said this man hasn't hung out with his half-sister since they were kids and that he isn't close to their father, hasn't spoken to him about Meghan and basically knows nothing.

These DM games are just stupid, but they are printing of course to give the impression to the public of a hillbillies type family who can't keep their mouths shut and enjoy a payday for a few old photos and some pointless statements. (Actually, lately it seems to be this one half-brother.) That's the DM game, though. Meghan's parents have said nothing. Samantha said Harry hasn't met any of Meghan's family.

Closed Thread