Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
American religion focuses alot on redemption....while it seems British religion is all about status and privilege and perfection. So if someone plays beer pong they are always bad or if someone has a wild night in Vegas they are always that image. Americans like the concept of reinvention. So someone who starts out bad can redeem themselves, set their lives straight and be respected for that. England is not about redemption but just born status.

We're talking religion here folks and last I heard, it never is a "one size fits all" kind of thing. It just doesn't seem right to me to classify, put labels on or denote a way of personal worship as being stereotyped. Each person finds their own path that suits them and maybe are part of an organized religion as a part of a bigger grouping of like minded souls.

Religion isn't a topic that is really encouraged here so I think perhaps we should maybe move on to another aspect of Harry and Meghan's relationship? Just my thoughts.

I was just saying if you want your royal wedding to be something other than an Anglican wedding like a Catholic wedding, you have to some strong religious beliefs and that would probably would have been the same for an earlier wedding. I didn't say that only perfect pious people can marry the BRF.

However it doesn't seem that a discussion can be had on this thread. I won't bother looking at it anymore.

I was just saying if you want your royal wedding to be something other than an Anglican wedding like a Catholic wedding, you have to some strong religious beliefs and that would probably would have been the same for an earlier wedding. I didn't say that only perfect pious people can marry the BRF.

However it doesn't seem that a discussion can be had on this thread. I won't bother looking at it anymore.

THis is so true.

American religion focuses alot on redemption....while it seems British religion is all about status and privilege and perfection. So if someone plays beer pong they are always bad or if someone has a wild night in Vegas they are always that image. Americans like the concept of reinvention. So someone who starts out bad can redeem themselves, set their lives straight and be respected for that. England is not about redemption but just born status.

Wow I can't believe I'm reading this , religion is the same where ever I wouldn't be taking the high ground especially these days.

Don't worry Skippyboo, I know what you meant and I understand perfectly:cool:

My best friend married a jewish husband from Israel but were nor allowed to marry there and went to Cypresses but all 4 childrean are jewish no why they could be catholics...

But anyway, that question will be solved easily if they decide to marry...

Your friends kids either 1 were converted to Jewish or 2 belonged to reformed Judaism.

Converting Infants and Children - My Jewish Learning

By rabbinic law, there is two ways to be Jewish. One is to be born to a Jewish woman, and the other is to be a righteous convert. If you are born to a Jewish father but a gentle mother, you are a Gentile.

The main sects of the Jewish church do not recognize children of gentile mothers as having Jewish heritage. In order for them to enter the faith, they must convert. Even if they have been raised in a synagogue, and have no other religion. They don't have the concept of baptism.

The reform sect thohgh is different. a child with a Jewish father can be recognized as Jewish. But they would need to be raised only within that faith.

The likelihood Meghan is Jewish, is slim to nun. Her father would have to be reform, and she would have only been able to attend synagogue. Seems unlikely she didn't attend church at times with her mother.

It is highly likely Meghan is neither. She may never have been baptized in her mothers church. She may have attended both synagogue and church with her parents.

It could also explain why her first marriage is secular. Unless married by a reformed Rabi, who recognized Meghan as Jewish, the wedding would be considered interfaith. And it is not easy at times to fund rabis willing to perform an interfaith. If they wanted a destination wedding, may have been even harder.

If she wasn't comfortable with the thought of being Anglican I font see her ever dating Harry. At her age, if you want to marry one day, you look for certain qualities in who you date. Like if they want kids or not. Or religious beliefs.

Your friends kids either 1 were converted to Jewish or 2 belonged to reformed Judaism.

Converting Infants and Children - My Jewish Learning

By rabbinic law, there is two ways to be Jewish. One is to be born to a Jewish woman, and the other is to be a righteous convert. If you are born to a Jewish father but a gentle mother, you are a Gentile.

The main sects of the Jewish church do not recognize children of gentile mothers as having Jewish heritage. In order for them to enter the faith, they must convert. Even if they have been raised in a synagogue, and have no other religion. They don't have the concept of baptism.

The reform sect thohgh is different. a child with a Jewish father can be recognized as Jewish. But they would need to be raised only within that faith.

The likelihood Meghan is Jewish, is slim to nun. Her father would have to be reform, and she would have only been able to attend synagogue. Seems unlikely she didn't attend church at times with her mother.

It is highly likely Meghan is neither. She may never have been baptized in her mothers church. She may have attended both synagogue and church with her parents.

It could also explain why her first marriage is secular. Unless married by a reformed Rabi, who recognized Meghan as Jewish, the wedding would be considered interfaith. And it is not easy at times to fund rabis willing to perform an interfaith. If they wanted a destination wedding, may have been even harder.

If she wasn't comfortable with the thought of being Anglican I font see her ever dating Harry. At her age, if you want to marry one day, you look for certain qualities in who you date. Like if they want kids or not. Or religious beliefs.

I just read the last few posts. What does this have to do with Harry and Meghan??

Do we know absolutely that Meghan's first wedding was 'secular'? The groom was Jewish and her father was as well.
I've seen one photo of the couple in the chair dance at the reception. I haven't seen any photos of the ceremony itself to see whether it was under the chuppa or if the groom smashed the glass at the end - things I've seen at every Jewish wedding I've attended.
In any event, if the couple does get married I'd lay odds that Meghan converts to Anglican - as I recall Princess Anne's DIL Autumn converted from Catholicism to Anglican prior to her wedding to Peter. Another similarity is that Autumn is from Canada and Meghan is currently based in Canada.

I just read the last few posts. What does this have to do with Harry and Meghan??

Just read back a bit further, American Observer. The question of religion is important to the BRF as the Queen is the Supreme Governor of the Church of England. Some of us have been discussing Meghan's possible religion as an adult and whether she would need to convert if and when she marries Harry.

I observed for example in an earlier post that Meghan is believed to have had a non-denominational wedding to a Jewish man. She also attended an RC girls school and a mod on another forum observed that she was known to have attended an LA synagogue earlier in her life. (I didn't get the impression btw that this was solely in childhood as the mod said 'several years ago'. Did she try and reconnect with Judaism again during her time with Trevor before their marriage? ) Meghan has never discussed her religious background as far as we know, but I believe the subject is relevant.

Are Jewish wedding ceremonies extremely short? One wedding guest reportedly said the ceremony part was all over in about 15 minutes then everybody headed to the reception and then the party. (It all took place on the beach.) I think if it had been a religious ceremony it would have taken Some time.

Last edited:
if a full Jewish wedding ceremony, traditional, no it wouldn't be short. Not as long as a Catholic wedding mass. But I don't see it being fifteen minutes.

That said, many weddings performed by ministers are shorter and more personal. I am only familiar with Jewish ones that were in synagogues and they were very traditional. I know many Catholics don't have a full mass wedding, especially if not in the church but still performed by a priest. I guess rabis might do the sane if asked.

Last edited:
Okay, I think we've exhausted the religion discussion - considering a wedding is hypothetical at this stage, and we don't even know what religion Meghan is (or if she is even of a religion).

Further posts on the matter - discussing religion in connection with Harry & Meghan or religion in general - will be removed.

Ugh. I hate that "public property" construction. They're people. Buckingham Palace, Westminster, Kensington Palace and Windsor Castle are public property. The BRF aren't, because people aren't property.

Yeah, I dislike how they refer to people as property.

I don't think the media was prepared for how undramatic the relationship seems to be. It's the early stages but so far Harry and Meghan haven't really given the press anything juicy to write about. People thought because she's an actress they would get more but nope! :D

I don't think the media was prepared for how undramatic the relationship seems to be. It's the early stages but so far Harry and Meghan haven't really given the press anything juicy to write about. People thought because she's an actress they would get more but nope! :D

I agree. The couple has been very discreet. If you look at what the media writes about it goes to show they are just digging and trying to make stories out of nothing..like Meghan's posts on the Tig about vacations, food choices..etc.
The media is desperate for any story and so far the couple has given them nothing.

I don't get how she's unprepared. Just because she's not going to sit back and let the tabloids harass her mother, print damaging lies and try to break into her home? She's done nothing to show that she's at all bothered with the normal paparazzi and tabloid curiosity.

And that public property comment makes no sense at all.

Last edited:
I have to agree that Meghan is much more prepared to take on the braying masses of the press the right way by not feeding into them whatsoever. She is not some dewy eyed starlet that gets ego boosts when she becomes the center of attention but rather prefers to know where her priorities are. Suits is her job and that's what she does for her living. Harry is her significant other right now and that's her private life which she will keep private and avoid feeding the wolves.

Its this kind of an attitude that she's showing right now that will accentuate to the positive her involvement with the BRF if and when she and Harry decide to marry. The press is quickly finding out that she's a tough nut to crack and not one for the limelight when it comes to her personal life.

Sometimes I think the media writes this stuff to egg her into doing something that'll give them fodder to write about and so far, she's been very, very good at ignoring them.

I don't recall seeing anything like what went on with Diana, going on with Kate or so far Meghan. I think the BRF, certainly W&H learned a lot about how to handle the media in these situations.

The media is frustrated 16 ways to Sunday that they are getting ZILCH right now.

LaRae

Its unfortunate that both William and Harry had to learn the lesson of drawing the line in the sand with the press because of such tragic events but they've learned the lesson well and I think it serves them well.

Its also a good way to perhaps take a bit of the "celebrity" factor away from the British royal family. The true reporting on the activities of W&K and H&M are slated to be more to their public lives and appearances with very little given as to what is going on in their personal lives.

Of course there are always going to be the gin soaked stories about Camilla and by 2019, Kate will have been pregnant 10 times by various ways and means and Charles will be at his mother's death bed for years to come. The more the people start to realize that these stories are pure fiction, the better and hopefully will appreciate the real time issues and events that the royals are involved in that's the real news.

So far Meghan really has conducted herself impeccably and that's a positive.

Its unfortunate that both William and Harry had to learn the lesson of drawing the line in the sand with the press because of such tragic events but they've learned the lesson well and I think it serves them well.

Its also a good way to perhaps take a bit of the "celebrity" factor away from the British royal family. The true reporting on the activities of W&K and H&M are slated to be more to their public lives and appearances with very little given as to what is going on in their personal lives.

Of course there are always going to be the gin soaked stories about Camilla and by 2019, Kate will have been pregnant 10 times by various ways and means and Charles will be at his mother's death bed for years to come. The more the people start to realize that these stories are pure fiction, the better and hopefully will appreciate the real time issues and events that the royals are involved in that's the real news.

So far Meghan really has conducted herself impeccably and that's a positive.

Honestly, Meghan seems to be a habitual line-drawer between her public and personal lives. If you look at her social media presence, there's no obvious markers of previous relationships, for example. When she was dating Cory, there was almost no presence in her social media feeds, and it's impossible to tell whether they were living together or not. Only the elements of her private life that go into her brand (dogs, decorating, travel, food) were allowed to spill over into her online persona.

As far as the media trolling for stories, I'm genuinely surprised to see that they haven't yet picked up on the fact that her yoga club in Toronto was closed down for a day and a half due to a 6 alarm fire that shut down the St. Clair and Yonge intersection on Wednesday, along with six or seven buildings in the area. You'd think that would be catnip for the DM.

As far as the media trolling for stories, I'm genuinely surprised to see that they haven't yet picked up on the fact that her yoga club in Toronto was closed down for a day and a half due to a 6 alarm fire that shut down the St. Clair and Yonge intersection on Wednesday, along with six or seven buildings in the area. You'd think that would be catnip for the DM.

DWL????
There has long been speculation that certain press trolls the board for stories. We'll see if this makes it into the papers in the next few days.

I don't recall seeing anything like what went on with Diana, going on with Kate or so far Meghan. I think the BRF, certainly W&H learned a lot about how to handle the media in these situations.

The media is frustrated 16 ways to Sunday that they are getting ZILCH right now.

LaRae

That's a different era. After Diana's death, there are a lot more rules regulating what British press can and cannot do.

Also, during the Diana era, news and information, for the most part, solely depended on the press. Today in the Kate and Meghan era, the press itself is a dying breed with the internet and social media and cell phones with cameras.

That's why I think its quite remarkable that Harry and Meghan have been able to stay almost totally under the radar. Just about everyone and their grandmother these days has a smart phone with internet access and a camera with it. They also have to work harder I think to maintain their privacy and so far they're doing an excellent job of it. :D

You know, it would be good if Harry married Meghan; after all, thankfully she's someone who hasn't gotten mixed up with bad types and frankly I don't think Harry was ever going to marry a Rhodes Scholar or Nobel prizewinner.

I have to agree that Meghan is much more prepared to take on the braying masses of the press the right way by not feeding into them whatsoever. She is not some dewy eyed starlet that gets ego boosts when she becomes the center of attention but rather prefers to know where her priorities are. Suits is her job and that's what she does for her living. Harry is her significant other right now and that's her private life which she will keep private and avoid feeding the wolves.

Its this kind of an attitude that she's showing right now that will accentuate to the positive her involvement with the BRF if and when she and Harry decide to marry. The press is quickly finding out that she's a tough nut to crack and not one for the limelight when it comes to her personal life.

Sometimes I think the media writes this stuff to egg her into doing something that'll give them fodder to write about and so far, she's been very, very good at ignoring them.
I really agree with you !:flowers:

Non Jewish people can attend regular services in a synagogue just as a non Catholic person can attend a mass. Done all the time when people have many different faiths in their family tree. I have always loved doing and sitting with relatives of different faiths and enjoying their services.

http://www.gossipcop.com/meghan-markle-move-in-prince-harry-living-together/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom