The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Guys... Meghan lives in Canada. I think it's safe to guess that she's familiar with cold climates.

Old 01-02-2017, 03:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
The guy who posted it was so sure it was him has now deleted his tweet so I don't know what to say about that...
The guy who posted it is also a gate agent for Norwegian at Gatwick, so it may be that he was told that it wasn't kosher to talk about famous passengers.

(ETA: a later tweet of his to a Twittergentsia who posted a screenshot of the original tweet says that he's not allowed to talk about it and asks her to take the screenshot down, so I'm comfortable guessing that he got in trouble for the original tweet.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Guys... Meghan lives in Canada. I think it's safe to guess that she's familiar with cold climates.
Yep. Not only that, I suspect she's acclimated. I say this because I'd seen criticism of her wardrobe choices along the lines of "it's freezing there, why's she wearing x?" and I'd look at what the temp was, look at the pics and think "nah.. that's basically what we wear". She outerwears like a Torontonian, not like a Californian transplant.

Old 01-02-2017, 04:05 PM
Nobility

You'd think airport personnel would already be aware to not tweet about famous people on flights, at least not at the moment they are there.

Daily fail are on it, no doubt, trying to find people to snap pictures.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:28 PM
Nobility

Likely a case where the people developing the training program didn't think of the scenario (or assumed that training wasn't needed because of "common sense"). Because, seriously, how often are VIPs travelling to Norway from Gatwick on Norwegian Air? BA has flights to Oslo, so that probably accounts for the bulk of UK > Norway travel. It's just edge cases like "I'm going to Tromso and nothing but Norwegian flies there".

I'm sure it will be added now.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
She outerwears like a Torontonian, not like a Californian transplant.
You got that right. Not enough layers if she was a true CA transplant.
Old 01-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Aristocracy

I did not screenshot that man's post for a reason so now I feel bad the screenshot is being passed along on Twitter...He made a mistake and told private information and deleted it but may now possibly lose his job since its back up.The person sending it out didn't block out his username...It would suck to get fired right after the holidays and he obviously got into trouble the first time...Poor Guy!
Old 01-02-2017, 05:56 PM
Gentry

How long before it's DM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLLK View Post
You got that right. Not enough layers if she was a true CA transplant.
Don't forget she went to college in Chicago
Old 01-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Serene Highness

I don't get the hate people have for Meg. She had a right to live her life as she saw fit before meeting Harry and it's not like she's any worse than most who Instagram stuff about themselves and their lives. She's an actress, she has to promote herself. She has a right to live her life as she wants to.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:04 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by AristoCat View Post
I don't get the hate people have for Meg. She had a right to live her life as she saw fit before meeting Harry and it's not like she's any worse than most who Instagram stuff about themselves and their lives. She's an actress, she has to promote herself. She has a right to live her life as she wants to.
She shouldn't change anything until Harry puts a ring on it. She's pretty much abandoned her Instagram and twitter acts. i think someone else is posting from the Tig for her.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:10 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTee20 View Post
She shouldn't change anything until Harry puts a ring on it. She's pretty much abandoned her Instagram and twitter acts. i think someone else is posting from the Tig for her.
Every post she makes, even on instagram, ends up on every news site available. People harassed the hell out of her just for posting a picture of her dog in a sweater--I'd be easing out of social media too if I had to deal with that crap everyday.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

She's pretty much used to the ups and down of being a public figure, but I think a new can of worms opened up when it became known she's dating Harry.

A.W. TOZER
Old 01-02-2017, 07:15 PM
Serene Highness

You know, Harry should be with someone who engages the public and is used to the ups and downs and isn't suing the press on a regular basis. Meg seems nice and pleasant and she's made her own way into the world on good terms.

If he marries her he'll be marrying someone who has had a full life.
Old 01-02-2017, 07:21 PM
Majesty

Well she would be probably the most prepared of any of the other wives (prior to marriage) when it comes to dealing with the media and public engagements.

LaRae
Old 01-02-2017, 08:24 PM
Gentry

Isn't Harry's team advising her on dealing with scrutiny? I think I read that somewhere.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:25 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
When it comes to the cold and the snow and the ice and the cold (did I mention the cold?), neither Meghan or Harry are hot house plants. As stated, Meghan's home residence is in Toronto and lets not forget that Harry's been and hiked and camped out in weather where the cold is something very few people have experienced. Antarctica. I wonder if he'll build Meghan a ice castle loo?
Old 01-02-2017, 08:29 PM
Aristocracy

When I said that in Norway it is very cold, I didn't mean that Meghan is not accustomed to cold climates, but I think they would prefer a warmer climate for a romantic trip, freezing cold is discouraging.
Old 01-02-2017, 08:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
When I said that in Norway it is very cold, I didn't mean that Meghan is not accustomed to cold climates, but I think they would prefer a warmer climate for a romantic trip, freezing cold is discouraging.
Au contraire! Cold weather is the most conductive reason for snuggling together since the time of the cave men and women. I remember even when growing up in the Detroit area, when the temperatures dipped, the weatherman would issue "Snuggle Alerts".
Old 01-02-2017, 08:41 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
If you look at her IG account she seemed to really love spending the new year in Iceland. Also seeing the Northern Lights is very romantic IMHO. Since every celebrity and their uncle are in the Caribbean with the paps, going to Norway is perfect.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
When it comes to the cold and the snow and the ice and the cold (did I mention the cold?), neither Meghan or Harry are hot house plants. As stated, Meghan's home residence is in Toronto and lets not forget that Harry's been and hiked and camped out in weather where the cold is something very few people have experienced. Antarctica. I wonder if he'll build Meghan a ice castle loo?
Do we even see Harry holidaying in warmer areas regularly? I know William and Kate frequent the Maldives, and we see Beatrice weekending in hotter climates fairly regularly. But I don't think we see Harry doing the same. He seems to prefer winter ski trips to winter Caribbean getaways.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:45 PM
Majesty

I think you've hit on something there Ish. And contrary to his "party prince" image, when it comes to getting away, the less populated, the better.

When you have a life totally submersed in the public eye and the limelight and someone constantly around you whether it be RPOs or photographers or the adoring public, alone time is a precious commodity worth its weight in gold.

Harry probably also figures that for the pack of wolves with cameras that are baying to follow them and get that "perfect shot", what better deterrent could there be but to make them stand for hours and hours and hours in the deep freeze. Even the hardiest of paparazzi would balk at freezing his buns off.

Some people do naturally prefer the cold and beautiful landscape of the snow to hot, tropical climates and an overbearing sun. Some like it hot. Some like it cold. I've never met anyone yet though that likes it in the pot nine days old.