Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....

There is a number of good reasons why she's not out there doing interviews right now other than she's staying at home waiting for Harry. One being that anywhere she goes, the attention would shift away from the show or her clothing line. Contrary to popular belief, not all press are good press. Especially if you actually have something of value to promote. If you are a reality star, sure all publicity are good. But that's not the case here.

I am of the opinion that everybody has to mantain their routine in the relationship... at this point she hibernates at least with her public appearances...

She should do promotion like nothing happens... Harry so his public appearances and she sits at home waiting him... that is not modern....

I'm assuming you mean doing promotions for Suits. Actually, I don't think its up to Meghan as to what promotion or interviews she does. The show itself probably has its own PR department and they schedule the promotional events that the cast would participate in. So, Meghan has "bosses" that she heeds as Harry, in his official capacity representing the "Firm" has his grandmother for a "boss".

Right now, Meghan's time is her own to do as she pleases and its really none of anyone else's business how she spends it. She'll be back to a hectic filming schedule soon.

I didn't mention Harry... but I will.

David Beckham was the only footballer and he was invited because of his work with William on England's World Cup bid.

As for the 'celebrities', again most have charity connections or are friends of Prince Charles.

Harry's guest list won't have the same foreign royals, politicians, members of the armed forces or clergy.

His friends are pretty much the same friends as William's, so they will be the same.

As I wrote before, if Harry marries while Queen Elizabeth II is still occupying the throne, I bet there will be no foreign royal guests at the wedding . Basically, it would be unusual for foreign royals to attend the wedding of a grandson of a monarch who is not in direct line to the throne unless they have some kind of personal connection to the groom, which is not the case with Harry. In fact, Harry's wedding during Elizabeth's reign might even be just a private, family event.

If, on the other hand, Harry marries when Charles is king , then there may be some junior foreign royals in attendance as it will be the wedding of a monarch's son after all and, therefore, probably a state wedding.

William wedding wasn't a state wedding, why would Harry's be?
Harry might not even have a church wedding, there no guarantee that the church will make an exception for Meghan

Last edited:
As I wrote before, if Harry marries while Queen Elizabeth II is still occupying the throne, I bet there will be no foreign royal guests at the wedding . Basically, it would be unusual for foreign royals to attend the wedding of a grandson of a monarch who is not in direct line to the throne unless they have some kind of personal connection to the groom, which is not the case with Harry. In fact, Harry's wedding during Elizabeth's reign might even be just a private, family event.

If, on the other hand, Harry marries when Charles is king , then there may be some junior foreign royals in attendance as it will be the wedding of a monarch's son after all and, therefore, probably a state wedding.

I would agree except this is unchartered territory here. While he's only the grandson of the monarchy, he's not like Zara or Mark or even the York princesses. He is the son of the heir to the throne. Also, he's a senior member of the BRF. He has a much higher profile than any other grandchildren of the Queen, not counting the Duke of Cambridge. I don't think it'll be as grand as the Cambridges' wedding, however I do see it as more similar to the spare of a Monarchy than say Zara or Mark's wedding. Unless there is something seriously wrong with his bride choice, and no being a divorcee who never married in the COE isn't at the level I'm talking about, it's unlikely he'll have a private wedding.

ETA, when I say private wedding, I mean with just family and friends. Bottoml line is I believe some foreign royals would be included. Not kings and queens, but still it won't just be royals who knows Harry personally.

Last edited:

Again, William was not a monarch's son either when he got married, but, compared to his brother, he had the distinction of being a likely future king. That is why IMHO there were several crown princes and even a reigning foreign queen, five foreign kings, one sultan, a sovereign prince, a sovereign grand duke, and four queen consorts in attendance, in addition to the entire UK cabinet and the leaders of all major parliamentary parties, as well as foreign ambassadors and Commonwealth high commissioners. That is what I mean by a "state wedding".

Last edited:

It's unfair to think she's doing nothing but sitting at home with him or waiting for him. I'm sure she's doing lots of things. She has friends in London and I'm sure she keeps herself busy. It's just wrong to even think someone is sitting in the house waiting for a ring.

It's very important to not try to reduce this very accomplished young lady to a doormat and waiting for a Prince to sweep her off her feet, to a palace and to live happily ever after. We need to let the fantasy go. These are just two grown and busy people spending some time together.

Don't allow the engagement talk get to you.

Well, then she's getting good practice to what life with Harry would be like. When not out on public engagements, most of her time would be spent holed up behind palace walls. Royal life is rather tedious and sequestered. If she and Harry only met up for vacations and the occasional weekend of passion, she'd get a completely wrong idea of what life with Harry would entail.

Harry might not even have a church wedding, there no guarantee that the church will make an exception for Meghan

I believe that in Meghan's case there wouldn't even have to be an exception. The CoE will look at Meghan as having never been married before as she was not married in the church. His father and his second wife both had previous church weddings. Not sure if Camilla's was CoE or RC but that's where the monkey wrench was thrown into the mix when they married.

For all we know, Harry and Meghan could take off and elope (with the Queen's permission of course) to Las Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator.

If and when this couple do get engaged to be married, we'll have just about everything sorted out for them won't we? :D

Again, William was not a monarch's son either when he got married, but, compared to his brother, he had the distinction of being a likely future king. That is why IMHO there were several crown princes and even a reigning foreign queen, five foreign kings, one sultan, a sovereign prince, a sovereign grand duke, and four queen consorts in attendance, in addition to the entire UK cabinet and the leaders of all major parliamentary parties, as well as foreign ambassadors and Commonwealth high commissioners. That is what I mean by a "state wedding".

State wedding is when they invited Elected Head of State such as at the Time President Obama, if William's had a state wedding.

Last edited:
State wedding is when they invited Elected Head of State such as at the Time President Obama.

President Obama wasn't invited to William's wedding. William's wedding was deemed a semi-state occasion. The last state wedding was Charles's in 1981 since he was the heir. The next potential state wedding would be George's.

Harry will have way more freedom in how his wedding will look like. If he wanted something similar to Zara's or Peter's he could do it if he wanted.

Last edited:
President Obama wasn't invited to William's wedding. William's wedding was deemed a semi-state occasion. The last state wedding was Charles's in 1981 since he was the heir. The next potential state wedding would be George's.

I know that President Obama wasn't invited.
What I was saying is if William didn't have a state wedding, neither will Harry.

Regardless who he eventually marries I wouldn't be surprised if Harry had a wedding like Zara did. Smaller and more private.

LaRae

I believe that in Meghan's case there wouldn't even have to be an exception. The CoE will look at Meghan as having never been married before as she was not married in the church. His father and his second wife both had previous church weddings. Not sure if Camilla's was CoE or RC but that's where the monkey wrench was thrown into the mix when they married.

For all we know, Harry and Meghan could take off and elope (with the Queen's permission of course) to Las Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator.

If and when this couple do get engaged to be married, we'll have just about everything sorted out for them won't we? :D

AFAIK , Camilla married Andrew Parker-Bowles in the Roman Catholic church, so the issue was not a prior CoE marriage. Camilla's problem was explicitly that she was involved in the breakup of the PoW's previous marriage.

State wedding is when they invited Elected Head of State such as at the Time President Obama, if William's had a state wedding.

As I noted in my comment, at least nine Heads of State were present at William's wedding (five kings, one reigning queen, a sovereign prince, a sovereign grand duke, and a sultan). Again, as I also said, it was not a state occasion because William is not the heir (yet) as his father was when he married, but it was as close to a state occasion as it could get.

William's wedding was William's wedding. Harry's wedding is independent from William's wedding. Harry will have more freedom than his brother did in wedding type. Don't forget there will be 2 massive state occasions looming on the horizon with the State Funeral of the Queen and the Coronation of the new monarch. There might not be the budget for a big Westminster Abbey shut down the street wedding for Harry.

William's wedding was William's wedding. Harry's wedding is independent from William's wedding. Harry will have more freedom than his brother did in wedding type. Don't forget there will be 2 massive state occasions looming on the horizon with the State Funeral of the Queen and the Coronation of the new monarch. There might not be the budget for a big Westminster Abbey shut down the street wedding for Harry.

If the Queen, God forbid, passes before Harry marries, it's likely that Harry's wedding would be delayed to give sufficient time for mourning. But it's all premature since the Queen Mother lived to 100+. Regardless, those who thinks that Harry can have a wedding like Zara seem a little naive to me. For one, Zara is not working royal. Second, when Prince Charles does become King, he will only have two sons. All the attention that's been spread for the 3 younger children of the Queen will be focused on the only spare child Charles has.

Not on the same scale as William - I think St George's Windsor.

Not on the same scale as William - I think St George's Windsor.
Of course not the same scale as William's. I forgot to mention that in the last one. However, for some to say it'll be like Zara's is unlikely as well.

It's not like Zara had a registry office wedding and a backyard reception. She still had a church wedding and a reception at a Royal Palace.

As I noted in my comment, at least nine Heads of State were present at William's wedding (five kings, one reigning queen, a sovereign prince, a sovereign grand duke, and a sultan). Again, as I also said, it was not a state occasion because William is not the heir (yet) as his father was when he married, but it was as close to a state occasion as it could get.

The key word there was Elected head of State. Having foreign Royals, whether its Kings or Queen doesn't make it a State wedding. Andrew's had royals (reigning monarchs) at his wedding, that didn't make it a state occasion.

Anyway we are talking too much about a hypothetical wedding that might not even happen

Last edited:
It's not like Zara had a registry office wedding and a backyard reception. She still had a church wedding and a reception at a Royal Palace.

Zara's wedding was appropriate for a grandchild of the Queen's who is not a working royal. Harry isn't just a grandchild of the Queen. He's the one of only two children of the next king. And he's also one of the most popular members of the BRF and a senior royal.

A lot of people seem to think Harry is just as important as William. They think William and Harry will have a joint reign.

Why isn't Harry a Knight of the Garter?

Why doesn't Harry have a country estate?

Why isn't Harry a royal colonel?

Why shouldn't Harry have a big wedding?

Monarchy is hierarchical. Prince George is already more important than Harry.

Harry has options for his wedding that William didn't. A wedding at Windsor would be fitting for his role in the family.

As the second son of the next King I think it will be a televised wedding service at Westminster Abbey.

A lot of people seem to think Harry is just as important as William. They think William and Harry will have a joint reign.

Why isn't Harry a Knight of the Garter?

Why doesn't Harry have a country estate?

Why isn't Harry a royal colonel?

Why shouldn't Harry have a big wedding?

Monarchy is hierarchical. Prince George is already more important than Harry.

Harry has options for his wedding that William didn't. A wedding at Windsor would be fitting for his role in the family.
I'm not sure how all of that came about since no one is saying Harry will have the wedding on the scale of William. The differences of opinion (let's face it, that's what both sides' is until it actually happens) started whether or not there would be foreign royals there and some started saying it'll probably just be a family affair. It's unlikely to be the case. William was already more important than Andrew when he married Sarah, and look at what happened with his wedding. Bottom line is, unless Harry doesn't marry until George is in his twenties, it's unlikely this will be like Zara's wedding.

Harry's wedding will be a big deal folks!

He is marrying an American and she's biracial. That alone is an attention grabber! It will be televised. And Harry is a senior and the most popular Royal even over his brother! The BRF will capitalize on that for good press and exposure.

That not guarantee as Meghan is a divorcee

I think her being a divorcee is less of an issue than proper protocol. She was never married in he Church and he wasn't a reason for the divorce. BTW, does anyone know for sure the rule on the divorcees who weren't married in the Church before? I know for Catholic church, they aren't considered married previously unless they married in church. I would think the Church of England is the same as Henry VIII wanted to marry his second wife while his first wife was still alive?

I'm not sure how all of that came about since no one is saying Harry will have the wedding on the scale of William. The differences of opinion (let's face it, that's what both sides' is until it actually happens) started whether or not there would be foreign royals there and some started saying it'll probably just be a family affair. It's unlikely to be the case. William was already more important than Andrew when he married Sarah, and look at what happened with his wedding. Bottom line is, unless Harry doesn't marry until George is in his twenties, it's unlikely this will be like Zara's wedding.

I think Edward and Sophie's wedding is more in line with what Harry will have.

It can still be televised, it will have lots of guests but not too big.

The trend for British royal events nowadays is smaller, not bigger. At one time royal women didn't leave the palace without a tiara and now a tiara is a rarity.

So Harry can still be 'prince popular' without it being a state occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom