The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2621  
Old 12-30-2016, 04:39 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 7,318
How Prince Harry's girl is changing lives of African children... just like Princess Diana

Prince Harry's girl Meghan Markle is inspiring poverty stricken young girls in Africa | Daily Mail Online
__________________

  #2622  
Old 12-30-2016, 06:26 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,935
At least Meghan is compared for her humanitarian work and not just fashion.

If nothing else, good publicity fir a charity that could use it
__________________

  #2623  
Old 12-30-2016, 06:35 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 11,574
I agree. I also deplore the use of the late Diana, Princess of Wales inserted into these articles. It just seems to me like they're dredging up a well used and well worn cash cow when they do that. I, by no means, am denigrating the charity work Diana did but she wasn't the mold that all others followed in the ensuing years when entering into charity work.

I would also be willing to bet that at first, finding out how much they had in common when it comes to charitable projects they back and support was a major clincher that was the start of a beautiful friendship. I can picture in my mind Harry eventually taking Meghan to Lesotho and grinning ear to ear as she falls in love with the place.
__________________
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #2624  
Old 12-30-2016, 08:22 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 14,230
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I agree. I also deplore the use of the late Diana, Princess of Wales inserted into these articles. It just seems to me like they're dredging up a well used and well worn cash cow when they do that. I, by no means, am denigrating the charity work Diana did but she wasn't the mold that all others followed in the ensuing years when entering into charity work.

I would also be willing to bet that at first, finding out how much they had in common when it comes to charitable projects they back and support was a major clincher that was the start of a beautiful friendship. I can picture in my mind Harry eventually taking Meghan to Lesotho and grinning ear to ear as she falls in love with the place.
Diana was just of the many people that inspired others to give back and help others in need. I too wish people wouldn't always used Diana in these stories. I think it causes unfair criticism of the late princess, and I think it causes the media to start comparing the ladies to Diana. Due to the comparisons, it leads to unreasonable expectations.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2625  
Old 12-31-2016, 06:53 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 57
Wonder how long before we get vacation pics.
  #2626  
Old 12-31-2016, 09:21 AM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
How Prince Harry's girl is changing lives of African children... just like Princess Diana

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4071386/Following-Diana-s-footsteps-Prince-Harry-s-girl-Meghan-Markle-inspiring-generation-poverty-stricken-young-girls-Africa-just-like-mother-did.html]Prince Harry's girl Meghan Markle is inspiring poverty stricken young girls in Africa | Daily Mail
With the exception of the Diana references it is a very flattering article for Meghan.
Her humanitarian efforts are one of the prime reasons I am pro-Meghan.😊
She isn't some dainty English rose who gets ahead by her family name and is patiently waiting for Harry.😏 She is out there working and is genuinely interested in improving the lives of others people. 😊
__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #2627  
Old 12-31-2016, 04:44 PM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 11,966
Forbes Welcome
  #2628  
Old 12-31-2016, 04:56 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 8,935
No surprise Cressida, chelsy and Ellie are in the top five. But so is lady Natasha Howard, the youngest daughter of the earl of Suffolk. I had to go read who she was as I hadn't seen her in connection to Harry. But I found her mentioned in a few articles as a suitable suggestion.
  #2629  
Old 12-31-2016, 05:11 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 11,574
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeTee20 View Post
Wonder how long before we get vacation pics.
I sincerely hope that we don't get any at all. Wherever they go, its their own private time and should be left alone to enjoy it. I'm sure the media totally disagrees with me on this one.

BTW: Warm welcomes to TRF TeeTee20. Hope you enjoy it here!
__________________
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #2630  
Old 12-31-2016, 05:18 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 752
I don't need any pictures at this moment.......later hmmmmmmmmmmm
  #2631  
Old 01-01-2017, 12:42 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Was Harry at the New Years Church Service with his family? I thought Harry and Meghan were going on an actual trip but they might just be staying at his place again...He's been posting on Instagram and does that when Meghan is over more than other times so I'm sure they are together but not the trip they planned unless they planned on staying in...If they stayed it could be due to his grandparents illnesses so I understand that part,just wondering if he was at service?
  #2632  
Old 01-01-2017, 01:05 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 11,574
Everything and anything about Harry's plans have always been speculation and suppositions and maybes. We actually have no clue what their plans are, where they're going or when they are going to be together.

Someone in the media says they may go on vacation and all of a sudden its a fact that they were or are. We don't know and probably will not know unless someone just happens to cross their path and sees them. They could be in Toronto, Kensington Palace or Timbuktu for all we know.

BTW: Sandringham where the family went to church this morning isn't anywhere near Harry's place at Kensington Palace and no, he wasn't with the family this morning.
__________________
Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #2633  
Old 01-01-2017, 01:19 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Was Harry at the New Years Church Service with his family? I thought Harry and Meghan were going on an actual trip but they might just be staying at his place again...He's been posting on Instagram and does that when Meghan is over more than other times so I'm sure they are together but not the trip they planned unless they planned on staying in...If they stayed it could be due to his grandparents illnesses so I understand that part,just wondering if he was at service?
Harry has a public Instagram?

I don't believe there is anything official regarding a Harry/Meghan trip. There's been a lot of speculation, but as with most other things we won't know that any such trip is going to happen until it happens.

Harry typically takes a ski trip around this time of year, so it's been speculated that he'll do so again this year with Meghan. But we don't know for sure that that'll happen.
  #2634  
Old 01-01-2017, 01:32 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Madison, United States
Posts: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Harry has a public Instagram?

I don't believe there is anything official regarding a Harry/Meghan trip. There's been a lot of speculation, but as with most other things we won't know that any such trip is going to happen until it happens.

Harry typically takes a ski trip around this time of year, so it's been speculated that he'll do so again this year with Meghan. But we don't know for sure that that'll happen.

No, it's not a public instagram, it's a private account. I guess people watch the number of posts on there?? I don't know, kind of weird.
  #2635  
Old 01-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 752
hmmm ok so going by instagram numbers it would reason that maybe he is doing something or seeing something different or unique.
  #2636  
Old 01-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 108
Meghan has not posted anything on instagram for 3 weeks, to me it's a clue they're together somewhere and the relationship is serious
  #2637  
Old 01-01-2017, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,927
How do we know about Harry's Instagram ? ??? Anyway wasn't he seen having a meeting in London


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #2638  
Old 01-01-2017, 04:23 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,379
Yes he was in London a couple days or so ago at a meeting. It was posted here, with pics.


LaRae
  #2639  
Old 01-01-2017, 04:36 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Orlando, United States
Posts: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Yes he was in London a couple days or so ago at a meeting. It was posted here, with pics.


LaRae
Harry was last seen Wednesday at the pub with Mark Dyer. The pic of him on Thursday leaving the Jam Tree in the suit was from last week. Jam Tree confirmed on their Instagram. Daily Fail was a week late with a he pic.
  #2640  
Old 01-01-2017, 04:39 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 9,379
Ok so he was seen this last Wed at the pub for lunch. So we know he wasn't off in a tropical location (or skiing) at that point.


LaRae
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
antony armstrong-jones british royal family camilla carl gustaf charles chris o'neill crown princess elisabeth crown princess victoria current events current events thread dailyfail de belgique duchessofsussex dutch royal family family fashion general news genetics helena hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hereditary princess sophie infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín juan carlos king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia meghan markle news opening of parliament porphyria prince alexander prince charles prince daniel prince gabriel prince guillaume prince harry prince harry of wales prince louis prince nicholas prince oscar princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess of asturias princess of belgium princess victoria queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima royal royal ancestry royal geneology royal wedding smith spanish royal family events state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family theatre van belgië victoria wedding wedding of prince harry



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises