The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 05:32 PM
Aristocracy

I think the Dailymail got a call/threatened about their Topless Photo article...They sure changed the title confirming they were fake FAST!

Old 12-20-2016, 05:55 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
When is this badly written and terribly acted soap opera going to end?

Running away from the flying daggers now.
Just curious, but is Harry dating someone so out of the left field, that it can't be real? I'm not seeing any soap opera happening, tbh.

No daggers though, why would there be?

Old 12-20-2016, 06:27 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Now that Pandora's box has been opened and this relationship has become public knowledge, the information released to the ever eager public regardless of if its basis in fact, fiction or totally absurdity, will bring to the forefront of our attention a marvelous medley of characters dug up out of the nether regions of the nine circles of Dante's Inferno that will rival any three ring circus in town.

Get comfortable folks.... its going to be a long, bumpy ride into a sunset far, far away.
Old 12-20-2016, 06:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
child abuse um.....how? Meghan is not a child. Nor is telling stories about her to media, abuse. Done in bad taste, and if lies, then slanderous but in no way abuse. You would be okay if they were close to her in age
Abuse is abuse at any age and their behavior is reprehensible. I have many younger relatives whom I would never betray their trust or emotionally abuse or extort them. No matter how old they are or I am, there is a certain code that should not be broken and I stand by my opinion that the older siblings treatment of their much younger sibling is abuse full stop!
Save
Old 12-20-2016, 06:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Abuse is abuse at any age and their behavior is reprehensible. I have many younger relatives whom I would never betray their trust or emotionally abuse or extort them. No matter how old they are or I am, there is a certain code that should not be broken and I stand by my opinion that the older siblings treatment of their much younger sibling is abuse full stop!
Save
I see where you're coming from with this AlowVera but I would be more inclined to believe that the older siblings are more prone to abusing themselves at this point out of jealousy, envy, greed and a whole slew of negative incentives that would cause someone to exploit someone else.

Meghan seems to be a mature, level headed person with her head firmly where it is supposed to be and I sincerely hope she recognizes the treachery from any relative (close or not) is a result from wanting to ride along on her coat tails to fame and fortune and the limelight.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:08 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I see where you're coming from with this AlowVera but I would be more inclined to believe that the older siblings are more prone to abusing themselves at this point out of jealousy, envy, greed and a whole slew of negative incentives that would cause someone to exploit someone else.

Meghan seems to be a mature, level headed person with her head firmly where it is supposed to be and I sincerely hope she recognizes the treachery from any relative (close or not) is a result from wanting to ride along on her coat tails to fame and fortune and the limelight.
I'm sure she knows what they are doing but because of circumstances she virtually has no voice in this matter which is a shame because people believe that these distant relatives speak for her. So they get fame, attention, money and her agency and voice.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I'm sure she knows what they are doing but because of circumstances she virtually has no voice in this matter which is a shame because people believe that these distant relatives speak for her. So they get fame, attention, money and her agency and voice.
Very true. It's abuse of their position. The way they're doing this makes me think there's no contact between them and Meghan. The have no worry about Meghan cutting them off from her life, because they're not part of it. And Meghan can't contact them to ask them to stop privately, because they'd no doubt spill this too. Publicly she can't say anything either, of course. These people will milk this as long as they can, unfortunately.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Majesty

This isn't unique to Harry and Meghan's relationship. It has happened time and time again to royal couples, celebrities and anyone that happens to be a huge draw for the public at the time. Every minute connection to such a high profile person is worth something and to be honest, its rare to find very close friends and confidants of high profile people taking advantage of it. This is why I never trust anything that comes from a "source close to the couple" or "wife of the high ranking courtier at the palace" and other such mystery figures that know it all.

I would even bet my very last glass of mulled wine that Harry and Meghan have even been expecting these kind of things to happen and (my whimsy of course) even laid bets on which roach would crawl out of the woodwork first.

Although we may see it as being rude, crude and even as some have pointed out, abuse, I think it probably bothers those of us here that closely follow the good press, the bad press and the where the hell did that story come from press than it even crosses the minds of Harry and Meghan themselves. They've got far more interesting things to talk about and do than to bother with the tabloids and the gossip sites and whatever else is trying to make a dollar or two off their relationship.
Old 12-20-2016, 08:40 PM
Commoner

Quote:
This isn't unique to Harry and Meghan's relationship. It has happened time and time again to royal couples, celebrities and anyone that happens to be a huge draw for the public at the time. Every minute connection to such a high profile person is worth something and to be honest, its rare to find very close friends and confidants of high profile people taking advantage of it. This is why I never trust anything that comes from a "source close to the couple" or "wife of the high ranking courtier at the palace" and other such mystery figures that know it all.

I would even bet my very last glass of mulled wine that Harry and Meghan have even been expecting these kind of things to happen and (my whimsy of course) even laid bets on which roach would crawl out of the woodwork first.

Although we may see it as being rude, crude and even as some have pointed out, abuse, I think it probably bothers those of us here that closely follow the good press, the bad press and the where the hell did that story come from press than it even crosses the minds of Harry and Meghan themselves. They've got far more interesting things to talk about and do than to bother with the tabloids and the gossip sites and whatever else is trying to make a dollar or two off their relationship.
It certainly isn't unique to Harry and Meghan's relationship unfortunately. Although as much as the nasty gossip is often just complete BS, so a lot of the positive press.

But I guess I just have a hugely cynical mind because I think that the only thing that sells more quickly that "New Huge Celeb Couple, So In Love, Get the Inside Gossip Here" is "New Celeb Couple Shocking Scandalous Details Here!"
Old 12-20-2016, 10:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Very true. It's abuse of their position. The way they're doing this makes me think there's no contact between them and Meghan. The have no worry about Meghan cutting them off from her life, because they're not part of it. And Meghan can't contact them to ask them to stop privately, because they'd no doubt spill this too. Publicly she can't say anything either, of course. These people will milk this as long as they can, unfortunately.

True, but they couldn't do it if the press didn't bite!
So who is more to blame, the people grasping at a bit of attention and money- or the people providing it?
Old 12-20-2016, 10:59 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
So who is more to blame, the people grasping at a bit of attention and money- or the people providing it?
The difference is the people proving the money isn't related to Meghan. It's disgusting, but it's business. The people selling it are people that's related to her. That goes on a different level of despicable.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Judging by the letter, the press immediately hounded the family. The so called "Compton" family refused to even answer their calls so I guess they tried to find the low hanging fruit, the half siblings 20 years older and their family, even the in laws. When you start interviewing In laws of the wife of the half brother then you are clearly looking not for information about Meghan you are deliberately trying to extort, intimidate and embarrass her. They know that their low information, quick to outrage readers will only look at the headline and the surface story and blame Meghan for all of this.
Old 12-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great news if this is true! This is the first step if the relationship is to progress! #Marry2017 😊
Old 12-21-2016, 05:58 PM
Majesty

Consider the source and take it with a grain of salt.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Or even a mountain of salt...
Old 12-21-2016, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Gee thanks. Now I have a huge craving for fries with a lot of ketchup and salt.
Old 12-21-2016, 06:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Consider the source and take it with a grain of salt.
Hence my use of the word " if". 😉
Old 12-21-2016, 07:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Queen allows her grandchildren to conduct their private lives as they see fit, but also support them.

A.W. TOZER
Old 12-21-2016, 08:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think she most likely does leave him alone re his girlfriends but I don't really know that as none of us do.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community