The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2361  
Old 12-17-2016, 11:42 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don't think that Kate and Meghan would make it into a competition or that other members of the BRF would. The media ... Yes, I think they have been dying for something like this since Sarah and Diana left the royal family.

If Anne were more interested in fashions and Sophie Wessex more prominent the media would have been printing stories about their rivalry for the past 15 years, lol.

However, two sisters in law, about the same age, fashionable, undertaking lots of engagements, photos, lots of material there. I bet there are some tabloid editors, columnists, rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect!

We know the media will do this, no way around that. They compare Kate to Diana already etc etc. Camilla was compared to Diana, Sohpie and Fergie were compared to Diana.

Harry's wife, no matter who she is, is going to be compared to Diana and Kate (and vice versa).

Another poster here is who raised the issue that Kate is going to have a problem with Meghan (scroll up on this page) and be in competition with her. Which is just silly talk IMO.


LaRae
__________________

  #2362  
Old 12-17-2016, 11:43 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 11,510
Okay...time to move on...... we know that Meghan is biracial. It's not a big secret and since its 2016 not 1787 and it doesn't matter to Harry...it need not matter to us.

Any and all additional posts will be deleted without notice.

__________________

__________________
.

  #2363  
Old 12-17-2016, 11:54 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Could Harry and Meghan be on their Holiday already? I know he has to be back by the 19th but I hope they still got to go...Or was that a rumor?
  #2364  
Old 12-18-2016, 12:10 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,455
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don't think that Kate and Meghan would make it into a competition or that other members of the BRF would. The media ... Yes, I think they have been dying for something like this since Sarah and Diana left the royal family.

If Anne were more interested in fashions and Sophie Wessex more prominent the media would have been printing stories about their rivalry for the past 15 years, lol.

However, two sisters in law, about the same age, fashionable, undertaking lots of engagements, photos, lots of material there. I bet there are some tabloid editors, columnists, rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect!

For sure it will happen I'm surprised we haven't had any of it yet.
..Meghan copies Kate's hair "etc


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #2365  
Old 12-18-2016, 12:22 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Torrance, United States
Posts: 3,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
For sure it will happen I'm surprised we haven't had any of it yet.
..Meghan copies Kate's hair "etc


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Along with endless wardrobe comparisons!!!
  #2366  
Old 12-18-2016, 01:11 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
We know the media will do this, no way around that. They compare Kate to Diana already etc etc. Camilla was compared to Diana, Sohpie and Fergie were compared to Diana.

Harry's wife, no matter who she is, is going to be compared to Diana and Kate (and vice versa).

Another poster here is who raised the issue that Kate is going to have a problem with Meghan (scroll up on this page) and be in competition with her. Which is just silly talk IMO.


LaRae
I agree. Whoever Harry marries is going to face comparisons to Diana, Kate, likely all of Harry's ex-girlfriends but especially Chelsy, Sarah, the Queen... It doesn't necessarily mean there'll be conflicts between her and Kate, though. The clashes between Diana, Sarah, and Anne were more owing to their different personalities than to anything caused by the media. As Harry and William are fairly close, it's reasonable to think that Kate will get along with any future wife of Harry's.
  #2367  
Old 12-18-2016, 04:41 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,331
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Sorry but I cant agree I'm sure there will be no end of who did more who looked better etc etc


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
I don't think that Kate and Meghan would make it into a competition or that other members of the BRF would. The media ... Yes, I think they have been dying for something like this since Sarah and Diana left the royal family.

If Anne were more interested in fashions and Sophie Wessex more prominent the media would have been printing stories about their rivalry for the past 15 years, lol.

However, two sisters in law, about the same age, fashionable, undertaking lots of engagements, photos, lots of material there. I bet there are some tabloid editors, columnists, rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect!
The point I was making was that it didn't matter that Diana & Sarah were compared, whoever won that weeks tabloid stakes was inconsequential. The problem was when either Diana or Sarah overshadowed or stepped on toes of HM, Philip, and Charles. That is when the royal daughter-in-law starts to become bigger than the monarchy, and problems arise.

Catherine has done a pretty good job of not overshadowing HM, Philip and Charles. It helps she's a part-time royal and a bit of an introvert. During HM's reign Meghan would likely be a part-timer, too, So it will be hard to overshadow the main 3 unless she's prone to saying controversial things.

During Charles' reign things will shift. The big 3 will be Charles, Camilla, and William. Both Catherine and Meghan will struggle to stay in the background of those 3, Meghan especially because she seems to be a social butterfly. The tabloid press can compare Meghan and Catherine all they want, like Diana and Sarah it's inconsequential. The problem will be if Meghan is seen as trying to elevate herself above Charles, Camilla, and William.

When the big 3 is William, Catherine , and George. This is the only time Meghan and Catherine comparisons might rock the boat , but Meghan would likely be a middle-age Duchess then, and the media would have lost most interest in her. So I don't see a problem there.

That's what I was trying to explain before.
  #2368  
Old 12-18-2016, 06:50 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,050
The royals never really worry about overshadowing each other. They all have jobs to do.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2369  
Old 12-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,062
I think it is more a problem of the "fans" and royal watchers supporting one royal or another that want this competitions... so, if Meghan will join the british royal family one day, she is going to be subjected to this comparisons as all the members have been so far...
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #2370  
Old 12-18-2016, 08:53 AM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 813
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
The point I was making was that it didn't matter that Diana & Sarah were compared, whoever won that weeks tabloid stakes was inconsequential. The problem was when either Diana or Sarah overshadowed or stepped on toes of HM, Philip, and Charles. That is when the royal daughter-in-law starts to become bigger than the monarchy, and problems arise.

Catherine has done a pretty good job of not overshadowing HM, Philip and Charles. It helps she's a part-time royal and a bit of an introvert. During HM's reign Meghan would likely be a part-timer, too, So it will be hard to overshadow the main 3 unless she's prone to saying controversial things.

During Charles' reign things will shift. The big 3 will be Charles, Camilla, and William. Both Catherine and Meghan will struggle to stay in the background of those 3, Meghan especially because she seems to be a social butterfly. The tabloid press can compare Meghan and Catherine all they want, like Diana and Sarah it's inconsequential. The problem will be if Meghan is seen as trying to elevate herself above Charles, Camilla, and William.

When the big 3 is William, Catherine , and George. This is the only time Meghan and Catherine comparisons might rock the boat , but Meghan would likely be a middle-age Duchess then, and the media would have lost most interest in her. So I don't see a problem there.

That's what I was trying to explain before.
That assume that the media will care about Meghan and that the public will connect with her.
Its also possible that only the daily mail tries to make these comparison.
  #2371  
Old 12-18-2016, 09:11 AM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I completely agree. I have no reason to think why Meghan and Kate wouldn't get along well. Both seem like kind, caring, SANE, well adjusted women. They might even become good friends. Women tend to do that more often than not, actually.


No one is saying that they will not get along, just I said there will be inevitable comparisons, I've seen several comments on the web comparing the two, imagine after the wedding.
  #2372  
Old 12-18-2016, 10:20 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,910
As I've just woken up and have only had two sips of coffee, I had to check twice while reading through the posts here and make sure I wasn't at a Daily Mail meeting of royal reporters deciding on how to handle things that haven't even a glimmer of possibility of becoming a reality yet.

All I will say is that from what I know of *now*, should Meghan marry into the BRF and William and Kate continue to work together as a unified team with Harry on their Foundation and different causes, it would be a probable reality that Harry and Meghan would be a unified team and work with William and Kate as a unified team. Instead of the three musketeers, it'd be the four musketeers.

As far upstaging and overshadowing anybody, I don't see any of those people as being the "me" type that has those kind of activities in their makeup. Not intentionally. All for one and one for all describes it best for me.

The Daily Mail and outsiders will do as trolls do and invent things that aren't there. Such is life.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #2373  
Old 12-18-2016, 10:35 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 335
I think Harry and Meghan have already gone on their vacation. For the last 2 days or so the news outlets have been making up stories about them, some of them false or past or uninteresting and pointless articles.


Harry IS a master at out smarting the press. I think they're on vacation and have been for the last two or three days.
  #2374  
Old 12-18-2016, 10:51 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,910
Its kind of sad that Harry or anyone that lives in a glass fishbowl has to become a master of eluding photographers, reporters, avid fans and anyone else that feels they have a right to his/her private life.

If there is one thing that I think would be detrimental to their budding relationship, it would be the onslaught of people that don't matter intruding into their private lives with the attitude that they deserve to know everything. It gives two people that simply enjoy being with each other the feeling of being hunted down and captured for all time on film and in text and should one of them cut the cheese, it'd be a sound reverberated around the world instantly.

I enjoy following these two as I really do have a lot of admiration for Harry and the work that he does and I do sincerely hope wherever they may be, they're never found.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #2375  
Old 12-18-2016, 12:22 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 335
Forbes says Meghan Markle's network is at $7 million so far. That is pretty good!
  #2376  
Old 12-18-2016, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
My husband is a 12th cousin of the Queen on his father's paternal side and an 8th cousin on his mother's maternal side...Should we write for an invite to this possible upcoming wedding? lol...It's weird though, I want Harry and Meghan to have their privacy but at the same time I wish I knew where they went on vacation...I'm very low key hoping someone would see them and leak where they went...I'm so obsessed with them smh.....
  #2377  
Old 12-18-2016, 12:26 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Forbes says Meghan Markle's network is at $7 million so far. That is pretty good!
I wish the DM trolls knew that so they wouldn't think they have to start funding everything she does and every meal she cooks.She and Harry are both already wealthy and it's sad some Brits won't accept her because they don't want to "fund another one".
  #2378  
Old 12-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,910
Genetics is all fine and dandy and its kind of neat to know were you come from but as an adoptee, I can attest that it really doesn't matter as far as the *now* is concerned. Now if my ancestors had purple blood and came from another planet, well, that would be an alien of a different color.

I guess that I kind of have the attitude that everybody's blood runs red and the only differences that really matters is the type of blood in case one needs a transfusion. Two ancestors crawling into bed in the deep, dark of night for some "comfort" and ends up with a little "blessing" from that "comfort" doesn't define a person today one bit.

As far as Meghan's net worth? I'll have an opinion on that when its absolutely proven that a person's character is determined by the size of their bank account. If that does happen, I'm in deep trouble because I have magic money that comes and disappears in a day or two each month.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #2379  
Old 12-18-2016, 01:57 PM
eya eya is offline
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 8,395
'Prince Harry' and 'Meghan Markle' join 'Queen' for Christmas | Daily Mail Online ()
  #2380  
Old 12-18-2016, 02:23 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,578
Please note that several posts have been deleted as they ignored the Moderator Note posted earlier today. Other posts have been deleted because personal attacks on other members will not be tolerated.
__________________

__________________
JACK
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania aristocracy best outfit best outfit october 2016 birthday child crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mary evening dresses crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria denmark duchess of cambridge visit to canada duke of edinburgh elia zaharia fashion poll kate king abdullah ii king abdullah in australia love maxima in australia and new zealand monarchy monarchy versus republic natural disasters november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen letizia gowns queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde in jordan queen mathilde style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania eveningwear queen rania fashion queen rania in australia romanov royal wedding soderberg state visit state visit from argentina succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises