The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2341  
Old 12-17-2016, 08:36 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Don't forget she won't ever ever be allowed to outshine Kate when doing her duties there will be a lot of walking the line. Kate is going to be Queen and will and must come first.
Just the way it is that's why I hope there is no rushing to the church



Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I kind of think Kate would be fine being a part time royal full time mother. She seems fine staying away from London and at her home in the country. Perhaps she would be fine if someone else is more to the forefront allowing her to stay at home.
__________________

  #2342  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:09 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Wonder what the Queen thinks about her parents being a bi racial family? Hope for her that the Queen agrees on it! that times had change .......
I think this is a potentially a big issue. The Queen like most people is a product of her environment and may have very deep-rooted views on blacks or non-whites entering the royal family.

Many people say they are OK or are "fine" with interracial marriages. However when it happens to their family things change.😏
__________________

__________________
Those who plot the destruction of others often perish in the attempt. ---Phaedrus
  #2343  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:12 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,918
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Sorry but I cant agree I'm sure there will be no end of who did more who looked better etc etc
Then again these two women may get along as best friends, enjoy each other and even work in tandem on certain appeals as it would be likely that if Meghan marries Harry, she'll also have a part in the Royal Foundation. Both ladies seem to be comfortable enough in their own skins to shrug off any differences.

My opinion anyways.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #2344  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:14 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
I don't think the British people know Meghans full potential yet.If she and Harry married I honestly think they would outshine both William and Catherine...Kate doesn't like to be Outshined/Outshone so that could be bad for Meghan even though it wouldn't be her fault.I just think Meghan is more natural than the Duchess...
  #2345  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:15 PM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 107
^I think if Meghan marries Harry she'll overshadow Kate anyway, she has a lot more charisma and personality than Kate. And comparisons will be inevitable
  #2346  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:19 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I think this is a potentially a big issue. The Queen like most people is a product of her environment and may have very deep-rooted views on blacks or non-whites entering the royal family.

Many people say they are OK or are "fine" with interracial marriages. However when it happens to their family things change.😏
Once again the Queen had a set of grandparents in an interracial relationship and it's in her DNA as well...It's not the first Royal interracial relationship...No way would Harry and Meghan be dating going on 8 months and the Queen and DofE don't know about it...I can only assume that Harry speaks to his grandparents like every other grandchild does...And you can bet his father knows and if Charles knows Camilla knows and Camilla ran and told the Queen...There is just no possible way at all that the family isn't aware...
  #2347  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
What I think is kind of weird is that Meghan is a Model/Actress in real life and a Paralegal on tv...And the exes were Cressida (wannabe) Actress/Model and Chelsy Model/Lawyer...Harry and his serious relationships all have that in common...It is weird.I know this is random but just wanted to point it out.
  #2348  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:26 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I think this is a potentially a big issue. The Queen like most people is a product of her environment and may have very deep-rooted views on blacks or non-whites entering the royal family.

Many people say they are OK or are "fine" with interracial marriages. However when it happens to their family things change.😏
The Queen is the head of a multi racial Commonwealth, with many countries from Africa, India and Asia and the West Indies in its ranks. I don't think she is racially prejudiced at all. She has got on exceptionally well on a personal level with several leaders from African countries. There are members of the extended BRF who have already married or are dating non-white people.
  #2349  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Once again the Queen had a set of grandparents in an interracial relationship and it's in her DNA as well...It's not the first Royal interracial relationship...No way would Harry and Meghan be dating going on 8 months and the Queen and DofE don't know about it...I can only assume that Harry speaks to his grandparents like every other grandchild does...And you can bet his father knows and if Charles knows Camilla knows and Camilla ran and told the Queen...There is just no possible way at all that the family isn't aware...

What? Where are you getting that from?

The Queen's grandparents were George V, Queen Mary, Claud Bowes-Lyon, and Cecilia Bowes-Lyon, née Cavendish-Bentinck... all very white.

Below is a link to a picture of the Queen, her parents, and all 4 of her grandparents.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/fb4e62903...umko1_1280.jpg
  #2350  
Old 12-17-2016, 09:51 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
What? Where are you getting that from?

The Queen's grandparents were George V, Queen Mary, Claud Bowes-Lyon, and Cecilia Bowes-Lyon, née Cavendish-Bentinck... all very white.

Below is a link to a picture of the Queen, her parents, and all 4 of her grandparents.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/fb4e62903...umko1_1280.jpg
A set of grandparents...3rd grandparents I think...I didn't mean specifically first grandparents...
  #2351  
Old 12-17-2016, 10:10 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Don't forget she won't ever ever be allowed to outshine Kate when doing her duties there will be a lot of walking the line. Kate is going to be Queen and will and must come first.
Just the way it is that's why I hope there is no rushing to the church



Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
That may be out of anyone's control. Meghan is American and bi-racial. Everybody going to want to see her at every royal event because of those differences. Just watch! She will become has popular as Princess Diana. And the US is Meghan's birth place. Kate won't be able to compete with that should Harry decide to marry her.
  #2352  
Old 12-17-2016, 10:13 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,462
Wasn't there some theory put about that King George III's wife Queen Charlotte may have had an African ancestor? William and Harry apparently had an ancestor a dozen generations back in the Work family line that may have been Indian, was housekeeper to a Scottish merchant in the days of the East India Company and had children by him. That's all the bi-racial history I can think of, re the BRF, but who knows there may be more!
  #2353  
Old 12-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,459
Thanks Ish thought I was losing my mind when I read that post phew !


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #2354  
Old 12-17-2016, 10:32 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
A set of grandparents...3rd grandparents I think...I didn't mean specifically first grandparents...

Well who were they? I would be interested to know


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #2355  
Old 12-17-2016, 10:57 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Well who were they? I would be interested to know


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
The ones Curryong pointed out.King George lll and Queen Charlotte (African Portuguese) That is an interracial relationship.I could have SWORN the Queen admitted this a decade ago.I know she has mentioned it before...
  #2356  
Old 12-17-2016, 11:11 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,923
What's all this talk about Kate competing with Meghan. They aren't silly girls in high school

It would be very unlikely for Harry to marry someone who doesn't mesh well with the Cambridges, or someone who is immature enough to make things into a competition.



LaRae
  #2357  
Old 12-17-2016, 11:24 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
What's all this talk about Kate competing with Meghan. They aren't silly girls in high school

It would be very unlikely for Harry to marry someone who doesn't mesh well with the Cambridges, or someone who is immature enough to make things into a competition.



LaRae
I completely agree. I have no reason to think why Meghan and Kate wouldn't get along well. Both seem like kind, caring, SANE, well adjusted women. They might even become good friends. Women tend to do that more often than not, actually.
  #2358  
Old 12-17-2016, 11:26 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,914
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
The ones Curryong pointed out.King George lll and Queen Charlotte (African Portuguese) That is an interracial relationship.I could have SWORN the Queen admitted this a decade ago.I know she has mentioned it before...
Hadley the biracial grandparent. Charlotte was the queen's four time great grandmother. And even in Charlotte the African blood is remote. Her seven time great grandmother Maria is the source of speculation. Maria Castro is said to be a descendent of Alfonso III and his mistress, a mistress that was reported to be a moor. That is fifteen generations removed from Charlotte, and a further duc from the queen. I wouldn't call 21 generations separated, having a biracial grandparent.
  #2359  
Old 12-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,462
I don't think that Kate and Meghan would make it into a competition or that other members of the BRF would. The media ... Yes, I think they have been dying for something like this since Sarah and Diana left the royal family.

If Anne were more interested in fashions and Sophie Wessex more prominent the media would have been printing stories about their rivalry for the past 15 years, lol.

However, two sisters in law, about the same age, fashionable, undertaking lots of engagements, photos, lots of material there. I bet there are some tabloid editors, columnists, rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect!
  #2360  
Old 12-17-2016, 11:34 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Marietta, United States
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Hadley the biracial grandparent. Charlotte was the queen's four time great grandmother. And the reported African relative was charlottes seven times great grandmother, that is eleven generations removed from the queen.
Queen Charlotte was the Queens 3rd grandmother and was physically depicted as a light skinned woman...I was comparing it as an interracial marriage because Meghan is light skinned and Harry is plain Vanilla...It's the same circumstance...I was saying it's not the first time there has been a relationship like theirs...
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria current events denmark fashion poll general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe letizia monarchy news november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince charles prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince nicholas prince oscar princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats victoria


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises