The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
Don't forget she won't ever ever be allowed to outshine Kate when doing her duties there will be a lot of walking the line. Kate is going to be Queen and will and must come first.
Just the way it is that's why I hope there is no rushing to the church

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
I kind of think Kate would be fine being a part time royal full time mother. She seems fine staying away from London and at her home in the country. Perhaps she would be fine if someone else is more to the forefront allowing her to stay at home.

Old 12-17-2016, 10:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
Wonder what the Queen thinks about her parents being a bi racial family? Hope for her that the Queen agrees on it! that times had change .......
I think this is a potentially a big issue. The Queen like most people is a product of her environment and may have very deep-rooted views on blacks or non-whites entering the royal family.

Many people say they are OK or are "fine" with interracial marriages. However when it happens to their family things change.😏

Old 12-17-2016, 10:12 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Sorry but I cant agree I'm sure there will be no end of who did more who looked better etc etc
Then again these two women may get along as best friends, enjoy each other and even work in tandem on certain appeals as it would be likely that if Meghan marries Harry, she'll also have a part in the Royal Foundation. Both ladies seem to be comfortable enough in their own skins to shrug off any differences.

My opinion anyways.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:14 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think the British people know Meghans full potential yet.If she and Harry married I honestly think they would outshine both William and Catherine...Kate doesn't like to be Outshined/Outshone so that could be bad for Meghan even though it wouldn't be her fault.I just think Meghan is more natural than the Duchess...
Old 12-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Aristocracy

^I think if Meghan marries Harry she'll overshadow Kate anyway, she has a lot more charisma and personality than Kate. And comparisons will be inevitable
Old 12-17-2016, 10:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
I think this is a potentially a big issue. The Queen like most people is a product of her environment and may have very deep-rooted views on blacks or non-whites entering the royal family.

Many people say they are OK or are "fine" with interracial marriages. However when it happens to their family things change.😏
Once again the Queen had a set of grandparents in an interracial relationship and it's in her DNA as well...It's not the first Royal interracial relationship...No way would Harry and Meghan be dating going on 8 months and the Queen and DofE don't know about it...I can only assume that Harry speaks to his grandparents like every other grandchild does...And you can bet his father knows and if Charles knows Camilla knows and Camilla ran and told the Queen...There is just no possible way at all that the family isn't aware...
Old 12-17-2016, 10:24 PM
Aristocracy

What I think is kind of weird is that Meghan is a Model/Actress in real life and a Paralegal on tv...And the exes were Cressida (wannabe) Actress/Model and Chelsy Model/Lawyer...Harry and his serious relationships all have that in common...It is weird.I know this is random but just wanted to point it out.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post

The Queen is the head of a multi racial Commonwealth, with many countries from Africa, India and Asia and the West Indies in its ranks. I don't think she is racially prejudiced at all. She has got on exceptionally well on a personal level with several leaders from African countries. There are members of the extended BRF who have already married or are dating non-white people.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Once again the Queen had a set of grandparents in an interracial relationship and it's in her DNA as well...It's not the first Royal interracial relationship...No way would Harry and Meghan be dating going on 8 months and the Queen and DofE don't know about it...I can only assume that Harry speaks to his grandparents like every other grandchild does...And you can bet his father knows and if Charles knows Camilla knows and Camilla ran and told the Queen...There is just no possible way at all that the family isn't aware...

What? Where are you getting that from?

The Queen's grandparents were George V, Queen Mary, Claud Bowes-Lyon, and Cecilia Bowes-Lyon, née Cavendish-Bentinck... all very white.

Below is a link to a picture of the Queen, her parents, and all 4 of her grandparents.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/fb4e62903...umko1_1280.jpg
Old 12-17-2016, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
What? Where are you getting that from?

The Queen's grandparents were George V, Queen Mary, Claud Bowes-Lyon, and Cecilia Bowes-Lyon, née Cavendish-Bentinck... all very white.

Below is a link to a picture of the Queen, her parents, and all 4 of her grandparents.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/fb4e62903...umko1_1280.jpg
A set of grandparents...3rd grandparents I think...I didn't mean specifically first grandparents...
Old 12-17-2016, 11:10 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Don't forget she won't ever ever be allowed to outshine Kate when doing her duties there will be a lot of walking the line. Kate is going to be Queen and will and must come first.
Just the way it is that's why I hope there is no rushing to the church

That may be out of anyone's control. Meghan is American and bi-racial. Everybody going to want to see her at every royal event because of those differences. Just watch! She will become has popular as Princess Diana. And the US is Meghan's birth place. Kate won't be able to compete with that should Harry decide to marry her.
Old 12-17-2016, 11:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Wasn't there some theory put about that King George III's wife Queen Charlotte may have had an African ancestor? William and Harry apparently had an ancestor a dozen generations back in the Work family line that may have been Indian, was housekeeper to a Scottish merchant in the days of the East India Company and had children by him. That's all the bi-racial history I can think of, re the BRF, but who knows there may be more!
Old 12-17-2016, 11:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Ish thought I was losing my mind when I read that post phew !

Old 12-17-2016, 11:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
A set of grandparents...3rd grandparents I think...I didn't mean specifically first grandparents...

Well who were they? I would be interested to know

Old 12-17-2016, 11:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Well who were they? I would be interested to know

The ones Curryong pointed out.King George lll and Queen Charlotte (African Portuguese) That is an interracial relationship.I could have SWORN the Queen admitted this a decade ago.I know she has mentioned it before...
Old 12-18-2016, 12:11 AM
Majesty

What's all this talk about Kate competing with Meghan. They aren't silly girls in high school

It would be very unlikely for Harry to marry someone who doesn't mesh well with the Cambridges, or someone who is immature enough to make things into a competition.

LaRae
Old 12-18-2016, 12:24 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
What's all this talk about Kate competing with Meghan. They aren't silly girls in high school

It would be very unlikely for Harry to marry someone who doesn't mesh well with the Cambridges, or someone who is immature enough to make things into a competition.

LaRae
I completely agree. I have no reason to think why Meghan and Kate wouldn't get along well. Both seem like kind, caring, SANE, well adjusted women. They might even become good friends. Women tend to do that more often than not, actually.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:26 AM
Majesty

Quote:
The ones Curryong pointed out.King George lll and Queen Charlotte (African Portuguese) That is an interracial relationship.I could have SWORN the Queen admitted this a decade ago.I know she has mentioned it before...
Hadley the biracial grandparent. Charlotte was the queen's four time great grandmother. And even in Charlotte the African blood is remote. Her seven time great grandmother Maria is the source of speculation. Maria Castro is said to be a descendent of Alfonso III and his mistress, a mistress that was reported to be a moor. That is fifteen generations removed from Charlotte, and a further duc from the queen. I wouldn't call 21 generations separated, having a biracial grandparent.
Old 12-18-2016, 12:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I don't think that Kate and Meghan would make it into a competition or that other members of the BRF would. The media ... Yes, I think they have been dying for something like this since Sarah and Diana left the royal family.

If Anne were more interested in fashions and Sophie Wessex more prominent the media would have been printing stories about their rivalry for the past 15 years, lol.

However, two sisters in law, about the same age, fashionable, undertaking lots of engagements, photos, lots of material there. I bet there are some tabloid editors, columnists, rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect!
Old 12-18-2016, 12:34 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Hadley the biracial grandparent. Charlotte was the queen's four time great grandmother. And the reported African relative was charlottes seven times great grandmother, that is eleven generations removed from the queen.
Queen Charlotte was the Queens 3rd grandmother and was physically depicted as a light skinned woman...I was comparing it as an interracial marriage because Meghan is light skinned and Harry is plain Vanilla...It's the same circumstance...I was saying it's not the first time there has been a relationship like theirs...