Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that DM hasn't been able to dig any dirt on Meghan, her mother or father (bad money management is not dirt, her mother's bankruptcy is from 15 years ago) speaks volumes.

That doesn't stop them from trying though.

There are at least five articles about Meghan (and her family) in the DM today, and none of them have anything of import to say!

"Never-before-seen photo of Meghan Markle shows it wasn't long ago she was an 'unnamed guest' at showbiz parties"

This is the Daily Mail's way of telling us Meghan was a nobody before she met Prince Harry. She's a 'social climber'

Tabloids have made a slight adjustment in how they cover Meghan and her family since Harry issued his statement but make no mistake, certain writers are out to get her.

Meghan is one of the main characters in a very successful TV show. That show is generally well respected in the media, it's not Gossip Girl or The Bold and the Beautiful. It's a smart, classy show that basically my entire office watches religiously; there's been plenty of chat about Prince Harry and 'Rachel Zane' at the water cooler. The guys I know who watch it are incredibly jealous of Harry.

No, she wasn't a household name. But she also wasn't a nobody. She's had the kind of acting success that thousands, if not millions, of actresses would give their eye teeth for.

imo, Suits is in the same level as Gossip Girl, except Gossip Girl was talk more about that Suits.

imo, Suits is in the same level as Gossip Girl, except Gossip Girl was talk more about that Suits.

I've watched both shows, and that's a very unfair assessment of Suits.

It really doesn't matter if Suits and Gossip Girl are alike. The fact is, that every career success and effort Meghan has had, happened before she met Harry. So far this relationship hasn't benefited her at all money or career wise. It might even hinder her acting jobs. It's also a career she'd have to give up, if Harry and her get engaged. DM have always been trash, and I'm guessing they're pissed they aren't getting exclusives. They did the same with Amal Clooney when George called them out.

You probably have to stop somewhere in between Mumbai and Toronto. Can't really fly direct without stopping to refuel.

So she was in India, according to some she had someone in India tweet to make it look like she was in India....hmmm another day, another narrative.

So she was in India, according to some she had someone in India tweet to make it look like she was in India....hmmm another day, another narrative.

Really!? Why on earth do they think she'd do that?!

I disagree that the media have overlooked Uncle Gary. There was at least one article about his cocaine use at his Maison de Bang Bang. He's since sold that place, but there was a lot of disapproving talk about him. Duchess of Cambridge's very colourful uncle | Royal | News | Daily Express

Isn't it great when it is Kate, people focus on her classy parents. They over look family like Gary. But with Meghan, her family isn't cut out to be near the queen, based on extended family she has no contact with for years. Her own parents have refused to make any public statement and have done nothing to earn negative comments directed their way.

I disagree that the media have overlooked Uncle Gary. There was at least one article about his cocaine use at his Maison de Bang Bang. He's since sold that place, but there was a lot of disapproving talk about him. Duchess of Cambridge's very colourful uncle | Royal | News | Daily Express

I am not talking media. I am talking people on this board who say Meghan is inappropriate because of the actions of her extended family. Yet they have no problem with Gary, as by their erode Kate's parentsare classy and that us all that matters. Pointing out the obvious double standards here. If Kate's uncle doesn't matter, neither should Meghan's estranged extended family.

You probably have to stop somewhere in between Mumbai and Toronto. Can't really fly direct without stopping to refuel.

Yes, flights of that length at least have one stop. Most seem to either have a layover in Frankfurt or London.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really!? Why on earth do they think she'd do that?!

Because some people really want her to do something wrong. They really want her to do something that would hopefully justify their dislike of her.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I do remember a lot of negative comment about Kate's family early on. People were particularly vicious about Carole Middleton and her family background.

Neither Catherine nor Meghan are responsible for their extended families but if we're going down the road of comparisons, Gary's cocaine use is hardly scandalous. Lets face it, cocaine is a drug of the middle and upper classes.

Here's an article about former 'posh' PM David Cameron

So what if David Cameron took drugs? We all did | The Independent

Gary maybe a lot of things but he appears rather harmless. Plus he's a successful businessman who's a self-made millionaire

I wouldn't compare recreational drug use to violent assault with a gun, which is what Meghan's brother has been charged with.

:previous: You're certainly right about the contrast between cocaine use and holding a gun to someone's head.

I was making the point that "people" didn't give the Duchess of Cambridge's family a pass in the gossip stakes, which is what Countessmeout had suggested.

Because some people really want her to do something wrong. They really want her to do something that would hopefully justify their dislike of her.

Bingo. First it was the overreaction to her Instagram pics and how that proved she was an attention seeker and not fit to be a royal girlfriend. Now that she has practically abandoned her personal account and rarely brings any attention on herself, the naysayers have to invent these ridiculous theories to justify their hate. I am sure some will now pivot and claim she called the paps to take these new pics of her in the airport. :lol:

Neither Catherine nor Meghan are responsible for their extended families but if we're going down the road of comparisons, Gary's cocaine use is hardly scandalous. Lets face it, cocaine is a drug of the middle and upper classes.

I wouldn't compare recreational drug use to violent assault with a gun, which is what Meghan's brother has been charged with.

Except recreational drug use is never 'just' recreational drug use. How many people in the production and supply chains of those drugs were killed before it reached these people? How many lives ruined? How many were tortured? How many forests were scarred forever?

Every person who buys and uses cocaine is supporting this trail of destruction. Putting a gun to someone's head is certainly more direct, but recreational drug users also have blood on their hands.

Which is not to say I think Kate should be hung, drawn and quartered for her uncle's actions because I don't. Nor should Meghan be held accountable for her half-brother's alleged crimes..

Except recreational drug use is never 'just' recreational drug use. How many people in the production and supply chains of those drugs were killed before it reached these people? How many lives ruined? How many were tortured? How many forests were scarred forever?

Every person who buys and uses cocaine is supporting this trail of destruction. Putting a gun to someone's head is certainly more direct, but recreational drug users also have blood on their hands.

Which is not to say I think Kate should be hung, drawn and quartered for her uncle's actions because I don't. Nor should Meghan be held accountable for her half-brother's alleged crimes..

I agree neither is responsible for their families but I certainly don't agree with the moral equivalency. Plus it's just a fact that society and the law does make a distinction between recreational drug use and violent gun crime.

Cocaine is socially acceptable with middle and upper-class people. Holding a gun to someone's head isn't socially acceptable.

Last edited:
There have been statements made around Twitter and Tumblr sites that Meghan really has no link with World Vision or any other charity. Hopefully this will shut them up. I think her charity work is admirable, and I do think that people who dislike her, and some who dislike Harry, have been scratching around trying to find something, anything, with which to attack her.

What's more, IMO, IF she and Harry are in love and wish to marry, they won't allow the actions of a man Meghan hasn't spoken to or seen for about fifteen years to stop them.

Does anyone know why 'security concerns' made Meghan cancel her trip a few weeks ago but now she's photographed in Mumbai airport without a care in the world?

I was expecting her to be surrounded by armed guards.

This thread is turning into social commentary - which is not its purpose.

Does anyone know why 'security concerns' made Meghan cancel her trip a few weeks ago but now she's photographed in Mumbai airport without a care in the world?

I was expecting her to be surrounded by armed guards.

No, no-one knows. No-one knows for sure that she did cancel her trip or when it was originally planned for. No-one knows whether this is a reschedule, or whether it was the original intention and the postponement announcement was a red herring.

I have my suspicions, based on the timing of the postponement announcement happening immediately after two tumblr posters phoned around to various World Vision offices to ask about Meghan and her trip (generally, that looks suspiciously like stalking behaviour to celebrity handlers). But it's just a suspicioun.

But no, we don't know, for the very reason that not announcing her plans is itself a form of security.

No, no-one knows. No-one knows for sure that she did cancel her trip or when it was originally planned for. No-one knows whether this is a reschedule, or whether it was the original intention and the postponement announcement was a red herring.

I have my suspicions, based on the timing of the postponement announcement happening immediately after two tumblr posters phoned around to various World Vision offices to ask about Meghan and her trip (generally, that looks suspiciously like stalking behaviour to celebrity handlers). But it's just a suspicioun.

But no, we don't know, for the very reason that not announcing her plans is itself a form of security.
I cannot believe that people were actually calling World Vision offices asking about Meghan. That is so creepy and invasive and embarassing!

Ok, that sounds scary and alarming. Are these people some Harry fans feeling entitled to all info about his girlfriend, or other kind of over zealous 'fans'?

And of course social media is saying Meghan arranged for these photos to counter the negative family stories.

No photos for a month and all of a sudden she's photographed returning from India.

Some unpleasant people on social media.

:previous: on the contrary, Cocoasneeze. These are her two chief attackers on Tumblr blog sites. They boasted about their enquiries, then said the trip was all lies and never planned.

There are unpleasant people elsewhere as well, who don't want this relationship to succeed. They pick on every little thing they can.

Last edited:
Let's face it. If a person is in the public eye and people deem such a person worthy of being "followed", they feel they have the right to know each and every little detail of this person's life and the people around their "star". Basically it is like being an astronomer and said star is like the sun with everything revolving around it.

There is a big difference in being interested in something such as all of us here have an interest in royalty for different reasons and making another human being the focus of one's life such as groupies do with a lot of celebrities. Tabloids and gossip sites feed the adoring groupies with anything they can dream up because they know they'll take it all in as fact and its fresh info. Buying broccoli ranks right up there with achieving world peace.

Harry and Meghan are very much flesh and blood human being just like you and I are and the last thing in the world they want or need is groupies. They have very public lives, have their own likes and dislikes and make mistakes and blunders like everyone else. None of us would like to be thought of as a cell underneath a microscope but this is exactly what some people do to people like Harry and Meghan. Its not interest. Its not even fandom. Its an obsession.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I do remember a lot of negative comment about Kate's family early on. People were particularly vicious about Carole Middleton and her family background.

People have attack and continue to attack the Middleton family.
Thanks Mermaid for bringing up article and reminding people of this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom