The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-30-2016, 08:17 AM
Heir Apparent

A press agreement in Britain? Nope. The press had no problem publishing his past flings.

Dating involves going out to clubs and having dinner in a restaurant. It involves romance and courting. There is just no way Harry could hide something like this in the age of 24/7 social media.

Plus the press wants to have Harry in a relationship, so it's actively looking for it. If there was even a whiff of a woman in his life, it would be all over it.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:14 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
A press agreement in Britain? Nope. The press had no problem publishing his past flings.

Dating involves going out to clubs and having dinner in a restaurant. It involves romance and courting. There is just no way Harry could hide something like this in the age of 24/7 social media.

Plus the press wants to have Harry in a relationship, so it's actively looking for it. If there was even a whiff of a woman in his life, it would be all over it.
Sorry, I disagree. There was a press agreement when William was at St Andrews. I was on a RForum back then and we all knew about Kate long before she was public knowledge... we even saw photos of the infamous dress long before its public unveiling.

There is a press agreement re Prince George/Charlotte. Believe me, there has to be a press agreement in place re Harry.

Old 04-30-2016, 09:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

The only way for Harry to have a private relationship is to court a young lady at private country houses. I've always said; if he goes about it the old fashion way, he'll probably be able to build something special and be successful. If they were spotted by anyone in the media, we would know about it. The media is pretty desperate for Harry to have a girlfriend. It has sadden them that Cressida and Chelsy ships have sailed.

Love hasn't been the same for Harry since he and Chelsy split. Yes, even famous and hot Prince's have dating issues!

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-30-2016, 09:20 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Then again, it just might simply be that he really likes Finley Quaye's music.

(yeps. I had to look it up)
Old 04-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Majesty

Not believing he has a girlfriend right now, or at least that the press hasn't found out yet. It would be really odd and so unlike them, sinc ethey have been longing for a scoop, a new romance etc for a long while.
Old 04-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTV19 View Post
Sorry, I disagree. There was a press agreement when William was at St Andrews. I was on a RForum back then and we all knew about Kate long before she was public knowledge... we even saw photos of the infamous dress long before its public unveiling.

There is a press agreement re Prince George/Charlotte. Believe me, there has to be a press agreement in place re Harry.
The agreement with William at St Andrews was about allowing him to finish his education out of the public eye, it wasn't about keeping a relationship secret per se.

George and Charlotte are minors, and it's not really something the British press wants to get involved with for the time being.

I don't want to be a wet blanket, but imo there is zero incentive for a tabloid to keep quiet about Harry if he was dating. It's not how the British press operates. Plus there would be nothing to stop a foreign newspaper from publishing pics of Harry with a woman.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Nope not believing he is dating anyone seriously...no way he could hide it except maybe right at the start. There are all kinds of people out there digging into what he (and the royals) do...not just Brit media.

If the same people keep showing up at the same locations he does someone is going to notice and suspect something is up.

I like romantic songs that speak to me on some level...that doesn't mean they make a statement about what is going on right now in my life.

The situation at St Andrews for William was only because he was still young and in college...Harry is not going to be given that deal at this point in life.

LaRae
Old 04-30-2016, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

The other possibility is that Harry did this to pip the press. He is a joker and not overly fond of the press, so I can see him doing this. You can listen to the song straight or listen for the sarcasm. Just saying.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

I listen to love songs all of the time. From the Stylistics to Boyz II Men and I'm not in a relationship. They're songs that can put you in a good mood.

A.W. TOZER
Old 04-30-2016, 12:01 PM
Royal Highness

It's just a song....
Old 05-01-2016, 06:20 AM
Royal Highness

GIRL ABOUT TOWN: Keep an eye out for Prince Harry's posh blonde at the Invictus Games* | Daily Mail Online
Old 05-01-2016, 07:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Yeah right...if Harry was seeing someone he would of told William and Kate not just his friend and ex-girlfriend. These articles are so made up.

LaRae
Old 05-01-2016, 09:26 AM
Heir Apparent

Posh Blonde in Orlando- OMG it's Isla from Frozen. Harry can be King of Arendale then. Olaf will be so happy. 😛

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 05-01-2016, 04:14 PM
Nobility

The most laughable thing about the article is the idea that it's his "friends and family" that he's worried about paying "unhelpfully keen attention"...

Seriously, Charlotte Griffiths.. do you not own a mirror? Or is it that you're incapable of seeing your reflection in one?
Old 05-01-2016, 04:31 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTV19 View Post
I think the press knows who PHarry's girlfriend is. Maybe there has been some agreement that they have access to him when in public, but guards his privacy when "off duty". That's the only explanation for a complete news blackout on his private life, and I'm sure he is massively active privately
Because the press showed the same respect when he was dating Chelsy and Cressida, or during Kate and William's dating years or even their married years; remember the France pictures?
If Harry is seeing someone it is a secret because he is working to keep it that way.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 05-08-2016, 09:10 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video: Harry talking about his Private life-
Prince Harry criticises 'intrusions' into private life - BBC News

Drawing a line between public and private can't be easy for him. I think everyone (royal watchers and members of the media) have to learn to respect the royals rights to privacy.

He's obviously finding it hard to find a girlfriend without everyone trying to marry him off very quickly and bothering his girlfriend. This kind of thing can scare girls off as well.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes,, I believe press intrusion was at least partly to blame for the romance ending with Cressida Bonas.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:37 AM
Serene Highness

Possibly, however I think Cressida took full advantage of the association with Harry AND she has not appeared to be squeamish later to be photographed with a boyfriend. Cressida is a lovely girl but to put it delicately I think her link with Harry was "useful".
Old 05-08-2016, 09:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Yes,, I believe press intrusion was at least partly to blame for the romance ending with Cressida Bonas.
That relationship didn't have much of a chance, but the real relationship was with Chelsy. Also, I think being an actress was and still is Cressida's main focus.

A.W. TOZER
Old 05-08-2016, 10:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Video: Harry talking about his Private life-
Prince Harry criticises 'intrusions' into private life - BBC News

Drawing a line between public and private can't be easy for him. I think everyone (royal watchers and members of the media) have to learn to respect the royals rights to privacy.

He's obviously finding it hard to find a girlfriend without everyone trying to marry him off very quickly and bothering his girlfriend. This kind of thing can scare girls off as well.
I can't even imagine how he deals with that nonsense. I get annoyed when one person asks about my relationship status. Never could figure out how he hasn't just gone off on a reporter after being nagged about it so much. Hopefully there's someone out there who can handle the scrutiny, although it would be very rare. The amount of intrusion and media influence in our lives is much worse than ever before especially if you're famous.