The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Majesty

I wouldn't assume or expect Harry is going to give up country things (hunting etc) for anyone. It's not like she (whoever she is) has to join him when he hunts.

LaRae

Old 12-15-2016, 11:48 AM
Majesty

Good thing about adult relationships, we understand you dont have to have every hobby in common. You can enjoy time apart. Unless she is a vegan and totally opposed to hunting, doubt it would be an issue.

Old 12-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Majesty

I agree, and I doubt she is a vegan after proudly posting that photo of a Thanksgiving turkey she had prepared on social media.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Good thing about adult relationships, we understand you font have to have every hobby in common. You can enjoy time apart. Unless she is a vegan and totally opposed to hunting, doubt it would be an issue.
Exactly. That immature 'we must be alike and agree about everything' age is past ....I don't think she's vegan or vegetarian ...or at least I've not read that she is.

LaRae
Old 12-15-2016, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

These days it's very healthy for couples to have different past-times and interests - sometimes it's what draws people together as it adds interest and there is always something to discuss.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:11 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I think most all of us here remember all too well a previous royal bride that didn't quite take to country pursuits and had a hard time "allowing" her husband to continue to enjoy them.

In a loving, mature relationship one allows the other person to be the best possible person they can be and that includes activities that they really enjoy. One does not have to be in the other's back pocket around the clock to keep the relationship healthy. A good relationship is based on love, trust and caring for the happiness of the other and not bound by super glue.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:12 PM
Majesty

I am a passionate(my friends say fanatic) animal lover and hunting like bullfighting makes me cringe.

But that does not mean that I am vegan or vegetarian, just anti-cruelty.

Killing a sensient living thing for food or self-protection as a necessity is one thing, for sport and fun is quite another, at least to me.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-15-2016, 12:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I cannot stand Piers Morgan but he did give them his blessing, which I think is better than him being negative about Meghan and Harry I guess??!! Prince Harry marrying Meghan Markle would have sent Royal Family into fury 80 years ago | Daily Mail Online
It is not every day I can say this. But I agree with Piers wholeheartedly!😎
Old 12-15-2016, 12:20 PM
Courtier

Aren't there other properties on Sandringham for Harry to stay at. I don't think he's been staying at Anmer Hall before so I don't know why he would stay there now and bring a Girlfriend around two young kids who for all purpose is a stranger to them.
It would be one thing for them to stay with William and Catherine if they didn't have kids.
Also I'm sure the Middletons are coming over again.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:30 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
Aren't there other properties on Sandringham for Harry to stay at. I don't think he's been staying at Anmer Hall before so I don't know why he would stay there now and bring a Girlfriend around two young kids who for all purpose is a stranger to them.
It would be one thing for them to stay with William and Catherine if they didn't have kids.
Reading your post, Miche, I had to chuckle quite loudly to myself here because from all I've read when it comes to Harry and the Cambridge children, Uncle Harry is probably the bright spot of the day when he comes through the door. I think it was when W&K&H entertained the Obamas that George asked "why is Uncle Harry being so quiet?" as Uncle Harry was on his best behavior.

I think, at least in my mind, that if the kids are over the moon with being with Uncle Harry, any friend of his would be an instant hit with them too. I can well imagine Meghan joining in the horseplay as much as Harry does. Of course this is all in my head from the bits and pieces we've been able to put together but its an amusing scene that made me smile.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by miche View Post
I agree. That speculation is laughable. It's the "Cressida is invited to George's Christening!" nonsense all over again.

The Cambridges don't seem to play fast and loose with their siblings spouses. Harry dated Cressida for 2 years and the Cambridges were never pictured with her, and there's no evidence she was ever invited to Anmer. Pippa dated Nico for 3 years, and the Cambridges were never pictured with him, and there was no stories of him at Anmer. Donna has been dating James for almost 4 years and she has never been pictured with the Cambridges, nor stories of her at Anmer. James Matthews is engaged to Pippa and he has never been photographed with the Cambridges nor are there stories of him at Anmer. All of this tells me there is no way that's Harry new girlfriend, who probably hasn't even met the Cambridges yet, will be staying at their private home over the holidays.

If the Middleton family does stay at Anmer for Christmas, James Matthews might make an appearance since he's a fiancee, but even that's iffy with the super cautious Cambridges.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
People Magazine thinks Meghan may stay at Anmer Hall over the holidays and go shooting with Harry.

One, Anmer is William and Catherine's and two, Meghan doesn't strike me as a stalking deer, shooting pheasants type of girl.

Harry may have to give up country pursuits.
Meghan's gone camping in Canada, grew up fishing with her father, fly fished and camper vaned her way across New Zealand, regularly hikes with her mom in Cali and does trail and ravine runs with her dogs in Toronto, and written of her future children being the mud covered/chasing frogs sort.

I think she'd quite like country life, shooting or not.
Old 12-15-2016, 01:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlytheAnne View Post
Meghan's gone camping in Canada, grew up fishing with her father, fly fished and camper vaned her way across New Zealand, regularly hikes with her mom in Cali and does trail and ravine runs with her dogs in Toronto, and written of her future children being the mud covered/chasing frogs sort.

I think she'd quite like country life, shooting or not.

That's great news. She should mesh well with the outdoorsy BRF.

LaRae
Old 12-15-2016, 01:38 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
That's great news. She should mesh well with the outdoorsy BRF.

LaRae
Yes remember that picture of her as a kid in overalls....Meg is a country girl and her dad's side is from Oregon??
Old 12-15-2016, 02:26 PM
Majesty

I got the impression she spent most of her life in the city (LA or wherever it was ..she has talked about going every day to the tv sitcom set her dad was involved in).

LaRae
Old 12-15-2016, 02:30 PM
Nobility

I'm just making a wild guess, based on no facts, but I doubt they're spending Christmas time together. I think Meghan visited Harry now, because they aren't spending it together. I read somewhere, that they might go on holiday after Christmas, maybe spend New Year together. That sounds more realistic IMO than them joining William, Kate, the kids and Middletons. IMO only, of course.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
The Cambridges don't seem to play fast and loose with their siblings spouses. Harry dated Cressida for 2 years and the Cambridges were never pictured with her, and there's no evidence she was ever invited to Anmer. Pippa dated Nico for 3 years, and the Cambridges were never pictured with him, and there was no stories of him at Anmer. Donna has been dating James for almost 4 years and she has never been pictured with the Cambridges, nor stories of her at Anmer. James Matthews is engaged to Pippa and he has never been photographed with the Cambridges nor are there stories of him at Anmer. All of this tells me there is no way that's Harry new girlfriend, who probably hasn't even met the Cambridges yet, will be staying at their private home over the holidays.
I think it may be a case of "what happens at Anmer, stays at Anmer". The grounds are pretty much off limits to the public and photographers (there is even a no-fly zone) and they would be very wary of repercussions of taking pictures or printing stories of what happens on their private grounds. The same applies to Balmoral, I believe.

Its very rare that we hear of people that have come and gone at Anmer for any kind of reason. It has to do with the Cambridges drawing the line in the sand between public and private.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Majesty

As careful as W&K are with privacy and their children...I would be surprised to see someone relatively new to Harry's life be allowed 'in'. They've all been burned before by what they thought were close friends.

LaRae
Old 12-15-2016, 02:51 PM
Majesty

I agree. Especially considering how close Kate is to her siblings. I have no doubt that Donna and James have both met the couple often. There is a difference between being invited to a public occasion like a royal christening, and having dinner at their private home. I am sure when James and pippa marry he will be seen at more, like if Kate and will have a third child, at the baptism.

It's long tradition that the only people invited to sandringham for Christmas are at least engaged. But Amner is different. The middletons are invited, so Kate and will cN participate in the official royal Christmas events but still celebrate with her family. This is a balance others like Camilla likely wish for.

Harry doesn't have his own home there. It doesnt seem odd he may bring Meghan with him. I doubt actually during Christmas but perhaps avfewvdays before. I agree, I think she is likely to be home for Christmas, that she is there now because they don't be together on the actual holiday. It wouldn't be ,u h for them to spend a night or two at Amner. Meghan is not a dangerous stranger, I doubt the Cambridges mind her around their kids, sure they want to meet uncle Harry's friend. It is different then taking her to stay with dad and stepmom which may be a huge step right now.
Old 12-15-2016, 02:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I think it may be a case of "what happens at Anmer, stays at Anmer". The grounds are pretty much off limits to the public and photographers (there is even a no-fly zone) and they would be very wary of repercussions of taking pictures or printing stories of what happens on their private grounds. The same applies to Balmoral, I believe.

Its very rare that we hear of people that have come and gone at Anmer for any kind of reason. It has to do with the Cambridges drawing the line in the sand between public and private.
I disagree. I think we have a good idea of who's invited. For George's 2nd Birthday at Anmer we know Prince Philip and his friend Penny attended. We know the Middletons attended without girlfriend Donna, and without then-boyfriend Nico. We know Harry wasn't there.

When the Middletons were at Anmer for Christmas 2014, we know from pictures that Donna and Nico weren't there.

When Catherine turned 34 this last January, and had a small party at Anmer, we know her friends the Meades, Bakers, and Ms. Carter attended. We know the Middletons were there but boyfriend James Matthews and girlfriend Donna Air weren't there.

There is a very clear pattern of siblings' spouses not getting invites to family gatherings at Anmer.