The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2016, 11:03 AM
Majesty

No one in their right mind wants another C&D situation. It's 2016 almost 2017...let the royals pick their own spouse. William did pretty well with Kate. They've already surpassed his parents in terms of sucess and he's not even the PoW yet.

LaRae

Old 12-14-2016, 11:04 AM
Nobility

I have no clue why the tree shop would make up this story, if it isn't true. It would be really bad PR for them to be revealed making up the story. It seems like they rang the tabloids to get their name out there, this is the time to do it, for their business.

They're not however on trial giving description of a crime happening. They're gossiping about celebs buying from their shop. Whether Harry carried the tree on his shoulder or under his arm doesn't really matter, does it? He might've done both. I liked hearing how friendly and easy going Harry and Meghan were, though.

Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Majesty

How can it be proven they made it up? Not likely Harry is going to issue a public statment about it. So far it's a lot of free advertising for them I'd say.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2016, 11:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
No one in their right mind wants another C&D situation. It's 2016 almost 2017...let the royals pick their own spouse. William did pretty well with Kate. They've already surpassed his parents in terms of sucess and he's not even the PoW yet.

LaRae
I guess Harry should make his people happy, find the proper titled english rose and suck it up for his country. It has been one month and Meghan has been torn to shreds for dating, walking, shopping, doing her job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
I have no clue why the tree shop would make up this story, if it isn't true. It would be really bad PR for them to be revealed making up the story. It seems like they rang the tabloids to get their name out there, this is the time to do it, for their business.

They're not however on trial giving description of a crime happening. They're gossiping about celebs buying from their shop. Whether Harry carried the tree on his shoulder or under his arm doesn't really matter, does it? He might've done both. I liked hearing how friendly and easy going Harry and Meghan were, though.
Well apparently some random Christmas Tree shop with an American who does'nt even know Meghan OR Harry just lied for publicity. So that means Meghan is not in London and Meghan and Harry are not together.....waiting for someone to say that Meghan set this all up!
Old 12-14-2016, 11:11 AM
Majesty

I think it's possible for someone to question the authenticity of the 'tree story' without that meaning they don't believe Meghan and Harry are dating.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2016, 11:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
How can it be proven they made it up? Not likely Harry is going to issue a public statment about it. So far it's a lot of free advertising for them I'd say.

LaRae
After the statement he sent out, who knows. Meghan also has her own publicist, doesn't she? For a Christmas tree shop to come up with a story about Meghan and Harry buying a tree from them, a detailed description of their discussion sounds just way out there vs they simply bought a Christmas tree. I bet other customers weren't even paying attention to a couple buying a tree, they were most likely concentrating on finding their own tree.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Meghan and Harry are dating. That much we know because Harry said so. Everything else is just gossip.

Maybe the tree story is true, maybe not.

The beauty of not having pics or corroboration is you can say pretty much say anything.

Now if M&H visit a Christmas market and multiple people see them and cell phone pics emerge, that's a different story.

Not denying they're a couple but we need to take 'sightings' with a grain of salt.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:25 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
You can sure see the connection between them (W&K).
There has always been a connection between W&K and we see it in little gestures like the hand on the back and looking at each other. I just believe that William is a much more reserved in public than Harry is. It was the same with The Queen and her sister. Elizabeth was the reserved one to Margaret's free spirit.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:27 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
There has always been a connection between W&K and we see it in little gestures like the hand on the back and looking at each other. I just believe that William is a much more reserved in public than Harry is. It was the same with The Queen and her sister. Elizabeth was the reserved one to Margaret's free spirit.

Yes for sure we still see that and I've always thought it neat because it really does tell us the state of their relationship to some degree.

I had forgotten about all the old pics (it's been a few years!). Very true about the Queen and Margaret comparison. I'm sure the Queen has noticed the similarity as well.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2016, 12:31 PM
Nobility

Possibly an old siting : https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...the-lion-king/
Old 12-14-2016, 12:34 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
I guess Harry should make his people happy, find the proper titled english rose and suck it up for his country. It has been one month and Meghan has been torn to shreds for dating, walking, shopping, doing her job
This is just not right! He will not be under any pressure from the BRF if thats what you mean by "his people". Why should they? Succession is sorted, they have let him literally do what he wants - no pressure of any kind.

The only comments in the UK press have been positive. THe British people wont be worried about Meghan - they would just want him to be happy and for the marriage to last.

If you are using Mail Online as your source of UK opinion, then you should stop because it is Troll Central (including contributers) and does not reflect British opinion.

She is not being torn to shreds by the majority of people - its just the people you are finding on social media.

This isnt directed specifically at you but to all the posters who seem to have this really odd idea of how we British feel.

We are ok with this.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-14-2016, 12:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
This is just not right! He will not be under any pressure from the BRF if thats what you mean by "his people". Why should they? Succession is sorted, they have let him literally do what he wants - no pressure of any kind.

The only comments in the UK press have been positive. THe British people wont be worried about Meghan - they would just want him to be happy and for the marriage to last.

If you are using Mail Online as your source of UK opinion, then you should stop because it is Troll Central (including contributers) and does not reflect British opinion.

She is not being torn to shreds by the majority of people - its just the people you are finding on social media.

This isnt directed specifically at you but to all the posters who seem to have this really odd idea of how we British feel.

We are ok with this.
It is good to see another point of view. The Daily Mail comment section is depressing.
Old 12-14-2016, 12:40 PM
Nobility

^
It's true, the daily fail are a hateful cesspool of filth, they don't represent most of the general public.

It dounds like that Lion King date happened during another visit, not this one.
Old 12-14-2016, 02:05 PM
Majesty

Rule number one: Never read comboxes.

LaRae
Old 12-14-2016, 04:25 PM
Courtier

I absolutely think that they went to the Christmas tree shop and from there it looks like someone from the couple's side tipped off the media. I don't think that Harry and Meghan want to be chased down the street by paparazzi but I think that they are OK with it being known that they are a couple and that they are spending time together.

Meghan Markle Is the Most Googled Actress of 2016 | E! News

Meghan Markle and Brad Pitt Top Google's List of 2016's Most Searched Celebs | Yahoo TV

Old 12-14-2016, 07:27 PM
Heir Apparent

The Sun has pics of Meghan and Harry. I stand corrected. London Calling

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...75708991946752
Old 12-14-2016, 07:31 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Sun has pics of Meghan and Harry. I stand corrected. London Calling

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/statu...75708991946752
I posted this as well but there is a comment in the article relating to copyright so I deleted it.

Just flagging for other posters.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Aristocracy

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2401773/first-pictures-prince-harry-meghan-markle-date-london/
Old 12-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Someone took a street photo on their cell phone yesterday I guess, and sold it to the Sun. I'd say it was taken in the evening from a bus. It states in the article that they were in Shaftesbury Avenue and were taking in the Christmas lights. They look quite happy!
Old 12-14-2016, 07:53 PM
Heir Apparent

I knew photos would have to emerge if they are out and about. Clearly recognisable. I hope they don't get hounded to death though.