The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #2081  
Old 12-14-2016, 08:11 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 5,578
I know we would all like to see a photo of them together and I am quite sure this will happen in due course. But for the moment, I'm just pleased that Harry and Meghan appear to be able to go out and about in our capital seemingly unrecognised and without the pressure of being followed by a camera.

If the story about the Christmas tree is true and the guy didn't recognise them, this would not surprise me in the least. Whenever I am in London, the last person I would expect see (or indeed be looking out for) would be a member of the Royal Family or a celebrity - who knows, I may have passed countless famous people and not known it!
__________________

__________________
JACK
  #2082  
Old 12-14-2016, 08:30 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,678
Even the basic facts of the story are different from one version to the next. I've read Harry had a security officer with him and I read he didn''t.

I read Meghan was given mistletoe so they could kiss under it later and I've read she didn't have mistletoe.

I read the owners didn't recognise Harry and Meghan and I've read that their jaws hit the floor when the couple walked in.

And how did this story even make it into the tabloids? Obviously the owners of the store sold the story to The Sun. If that's not publicity seeking, I don't know what is.

For such a simple thing as buying a tree, the facts of the story don't seem consistent.

The whole thing seems more like wishful thinking on the part of the press. It wanted a Harry and Meghan Christmas story and low and behold they got one.
__________________

  #2083  
Old 12-14-2016, 08:35 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Even the basic facts of the story are different from one version to the next. I've read Harry had a security officer with him and I read he didn''t.

I read Meghan was given mistletoe so they could kiss under it later and I've read she didn't have mistletoe.

I read the owners didn't recognise Harry and Meghan and I've read that their jaws hit the floor when the couple walked in.

And how did this story even make it into the tabloids? Obviously the owners of the store sold the story to The Sun. If that's not publicity seeking, I don't know what is.

For such a simple thing as buying a tree, the facts of the story don't seem consistent.

The whole thing seems more like wishful thinking on the part of the press. It wanted a Harry and Meghan Christmas story and low and behold they got one.
Ok so that would mean Meghan is not in London, then where is she?
  #2084  
Old 12-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 5,554
How long have they known each other.
  #2085  
Old 12-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
Ok so that would mean Meghan is not in London, then where is she?
I don't claim to know. I am skeptical of any tabloid story though because the press is so eager to have click-bait.

To me, a 'sighting' of Meghan and Harry without any pics isn't really a sighting at all.

People will say a lot of things if they think it will give them 15 mins of fame.
  #2086  
Old 12-14-2016, 08:44 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 8,910
No matter where they go and no matter who spots them or doesn't spot them or creates a story out of thin air, what I would love to be is a fly on the wall when they're getting ready to go out and do something. I can imagine them joking about "running the gauntlet" and "being armed and ready for bear" and "is that you Martha? I can't tell with that hat on" and those kind of things.

IF any of the remarks made about this couple getting a tree is true and knowing Harry's penchant for having a good time no matter what he is doing, these two people are probably having a blast with each other and that is what its all about. There will be plenty of time in the future to look stiff and formal in front of the cameras as the flashbulbs put spots in their eyes. I have a feeling though that Harry and Meghan will be far more relaxed and at ease with each other than William and Kate appeared to be at first as they're not a demonstrative couple for the most part.

Just some of my observations with not nearly enough caffeine in me this morning.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #2087  
Old 12-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
I don't claim to know. I am skeptical of any tabloid story though because the press is so eager to have click-bait.

To me, a 'sighting' of Meghan and Harry without any pics isn't really a sighting at all.

People will say a lot of things if they think it will give them 15 mins of fame.
So it's not a sighting because 4 different people can see the same things but recollect it differently I guess. That means Meghan was not sighted which means she is not in London. Just curious where she is?
  #2088  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:01 AM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is online now
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biri View Post
How long have they known each other.

It's been reported that they met in May when Harry was in Toronto for Invictus.

From the Piers Morgan story it's been implied that they weren't a couple when she first came to London in July, but it's kind of being assumed that that's when they started dating.
  #2089  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:08 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
So it's not a sighting because 4 different people can see the same things but recollect it differently I guess. That means Meghan was not sighted which means she is not in London. Just curious where she is?
Has there been corroboration by people not connected to the store that sold the tree? Passers-by, other customers?

For the question of where is she, she could be anywhere I suppose. Including London. She does have a life outside of her boyfriend of 7 months.

The collective will of the British tabloid press is pulling out all the stops to get information and preferably pics of Meghan and Harry.

If Meghan is truly in London and the couple is out and about buying Christmas trees and the like, someone will snap a pic. Even if it's grainy and from 50 feet away. Too much money is at stake for someone not to take a pic.
  #2090  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Even the basic facts of the story are different from one version to the next. I've read Harry had a security officer with him and I read he didn''t.

I read Meghan was given mistletoe so they could kiss under it later and I've read she didn't have mistletoe.

I read the owners didn't recognise Harry and Meghan and I've read that their jaws hit the floor when the couple walked in.

And how did this story even make it into the tabloids? Obviously the owners of the store sold the story to The Sun. If that's not publicity seeking, I don't know what is.

For such a simple thing as buying a tree, the facts of the story don't seem consistent.

The whole thing seems more like wishful thinking on the part of the press. It wanted a Harry and Meghan Christmas story and low and behold they got one.
The story is true, but the story will never be told in the same way once others pick it up. If 20 people sat in a circle, and you whispered a short story in one persons ear and asked them to pass it around. The story will never get back to you in the same way.

The royals are spotted, but we don't always get pictures. I don't think anyone expected to see Harry and Meghan shopping for a Christmas tree and pics weren't taken by the people who sold them the tree. If Harry and Meghan were being followed by a pap, we likely would've had some pics.

Who want them followed? Who want to post some private pics on the forums and net?
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2091  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:28 AM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 107
I have no doubt that they are together in London. She has not been seen in Toronto and since Sunday she has not posted anything in instagran
  #2092  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
I have no doubt that they are together in London. She has not been seen in Toronto and since Sunday she has not posted anything in instagran
But 4 different people told different stories about the Christmas tree for publicity, so that means she is not in London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Has there been corroboration by people not connected to the store that sold the tree? Passers-by, other customers?

For the question of where is she, she could be anywhere I suppose. Including London. She does have a life outside of her boyfriend of 7 months.

The collective will of the British tabloid press is pulling out all the stops to get information and preferably pics of Meghan and Harry.

If Meghan is truly in London and the couple is out and about buying Christmas trees and the like, someone will snap a pic. Even if it's grainy and from 50 feet away. Too much money is at stake for someone not to take a pic.
Ok so we agree 4 people lied for publicity and Meghan is not in London.
  #2093  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:36 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,907
As closely as the media was following her in Canada (going to yoga, leaving yoga, buying flowers, dog to the vet etc etc) how'd she get out of the country without notice?

Perhaps she and Harry need to go to work for MI5?


LaRae
  #2094  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:45 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 1,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post

IF any of the remarks made about this couple getting a tree is true and knowing Harry's penchant for having a good time no matter what he is doing, these two people are probably having a blast with each other and that is what its all about. There will be plenty of time in the future to look stiff and formal in front of the cameras as the flashbulbs put spots in their eyes. I have a feeling though that Harry and Meghan will be far more relaxed and at ease with each other than William and Kate appeared to be at first as they're not a demonstrative couple for the most part.

Just some of my observations with not nearly enough caffeine in me this morning.
I gotta admit this statement made me say "huh?". As someone who was a royal watcher throughout the duration of the W & C courtship, I remember their young selves looking like a normal couple. So I looked up the pictures of them during their University years, when they were a new couple, and I don't see anything abnormal.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...74b879cd12.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/2020/ht_...110411_ssh.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Travel/h...0412_wmain.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...09_306x500.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...300ffcc46f.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ed7a6c8c8b.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...lliam7_240.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/img/galleri...DM_450x368.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...y-ski-trip.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...788f2a52ac.jpg

http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagenes...te-will--a.jpg

If you think Harry and Meghan will be "far more relaxed and at ease with each other than William and Kate appeared to be at first", then I think we are in store for some ultra mushy, blowing each other air kisses, pictures form H & M. If W& C pictures are the benchmark comparison.
  #2095  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 5,678
Remember the pic of Meghan walking down the Kensington high-street? She had a cap on, big jacket and boots. Someone at the DM looked out the window and said there's Meghan Markle and took a pic.

I wouldn't know her from that pic but it's clear people do recognise celebrities when they're out and about. Harry's face is known all over London. Hat on or not.

Chris Evans said on the BBC he walked right into Meghan although he said at the time he thought it was Pippa Middleton.

I hope H&M are able to conduct their relationship outside of prying eyes but if they're out and about in public together that doesn't seem likely.
  #2096  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,050
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlowVera View Post
But 4 different people told different stories about the Christmas tree for publicity, so that means she is not in London.
Catherine shops all the time. Sometimes we get a little story about her in a store, but get no pics. The owner or other shopper go to the press with the story. It's just not about getting publicity, but some people want to brag about their royal encounters. Nothing wrong with doing so.

I think people are growing impatient on the lack of pictures of the couple together. So am I, but we cant start throwing every little story away because no one bothered to get a picture of the couple. Even veteran royal correspondent, Peter Hunt, wrote about the story for the BBC NEWS online. The story is true, but with no pics.

Now, we just have to wait for this couple to emerge in public as a couple. They're likely just taking their time in doing so. They're have been lucky to not have their privacy violated...so far.

We have grown spoiled of the paps hounding the royals privacy to get some pics. We're pretty much used to the paps practically killing themselves to photograph royal couples on private and public outings.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #2097  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:47 AM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 107
This is my opinion, each one has his, ok!
  #2098  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:48 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,907
Really..how on earth could you mistake MM for PM? Okay....


LaRae
  #2099  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:51 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Remember the pic of Meghan walking down the Kensington high-street? She had a cap on, big jacket and boots. Someone at the DM looked out the window and said there's Meghan Markle and took a pic.

I wouldn't know her from that pic but it's clear people do recognise celebrities when they're out and about. harry's face is known all over London. Hat on or not.

Chris Evans said on the BBC he walked right into Meghan although he said at the time he thought it was Pippa Middleton.

I hope H&M are able to conduct their relationship outside of prying eyes but if they're out and about in public together that doesn't seem likely.
So they should just stay in I guess. Never leave, maybe Meghan is still in her apartment in Toronto? Maybe Harry went to get the tree with Pippa......
  #2100  
Old 12-14-2016, 09:52 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,907
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I gotta admit this statement made me say "huh?". As someone who was a royal watcher throughout the duration of the W & C courtship, I remember their young selves looking like a normal couple. So I looked up the pictures of them during their University years, when they were a new couple, and I don't see anything abnormal.

http://a.abcnews.com/images/2020/ht_...110411_ssh.jpg

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Travel/h...0412_wmain.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/...09_306x500.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...300ffcc46f.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ed7a6c8c8b.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...lliam7_240.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/img/galleri...DM_450x368.jpg

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopo...y-ski-trip.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...788f2a52ac.jpg

http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagenes...te-will--a.jpg

If you think Harry and Meghan will be "far more relaxed and at ease with each other than William and Kate appeared to be at first", then I think we are in store for some ultra mushy, blowing each other air kisses, pictures form H & M. If W& C pictures are the benchmark comparison.

You can sure see the connection between them (W&K).


LaRae
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
albania aristocracy best outfit best outfit october 2016 birthday catherine child christening crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess victoria crown princess victoria hats denmark duke of edinburgh europe fashion poll kate king abdullah ii marriage maxima in australia and new zealand monarchy monarchy versus republic natural disasters nobel 2016 november 2016 october 2016 parliament picture of the week prince charles prince philip princessanne princess marie princess marie eveningwear princess mary princess mary eveningwear princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia cocktail dresses queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathilde fashion queen mathilde in jordan queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen rania in australia rohan romanov royal wedding state visit succession sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:41 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises