Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they want a Disney princess and a happy ever after.

Yup- instead of actual humans with complicated lives.

I also suspect more than a little racism goes into the criticisms.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Because they want a Disney princess and a happy ever after.

It's all so simple, but they take this stuff to very unnecessary levels. It's not even all that deep. My God!!!

Why do people make this relationship so complicated?

Because people don't have a good reason not to like her, but they don't like her. So in order to justify their own internal feelings, they come up with reasons why there MUST be something wrong with her and it can't just be two people being in love.

I hope that Meghan Markle will join Chelsey Davy and Cressida Bonas on the pile of ex-friends. The popularization and celebritization of the monarchy has gone a step too far. It would be nice when the prince just dates a nice lady from the aristocracy or gentry, who works as a volunteer for St John's Ambulances, or reads English Literature in Oxford or runs a forestry business in Scotland. Why have it always to be those bonbonellas, dedicated to frequenting posh nightlife venues?

I thought that the example of Lady Serena Stanhope, now the Countess of Snowdon, was a pretty nice one.

So you want him to date a woman, based on your college comment, who is in her early twenties? Yes because we see how well that she difference works.

What makes serena so much better? She sells soap. Has no fancy education or career. Oh wait, she is an aristocrat, that is all that matters.

Chelsy came from money. She graduated from law school. Cressida was an university student when they dated as you promote, and has an aristocratic background on her mothers side.

Bellabon only interested in parties? Yes those are the words to describe an actress, an UN advocate and ambassador for world vision. Clearly she is an airhead party girl.

The reality is many so called aristocratic brides are going to be the party girls you dread. Are you okay with a party girl if dad is an earl? And if they actually do have careers, why would they give them up? Unlike viscountess Lindley, or the countess of ulster or St. Andrews, Harry's wife will have to give up any career she had. If she is your dream bride, a rich aristocratic career girl, what does she gain from marrying Harry but losing her freedom and career? She already has money, a title and likely a nice home.

Last edited:
Because people don't have a good reason not to like her, but they don't like her. So in order to justify their own internal feelings, they come up with reasons why there MUST be something wrong with her and it can't just be two people being in love.

Well, people just need to calm down. It's just two people dating and having a god time. It's not two Gods getting together to rule the world.

So you want him to date a woman, based on your college comment, who is in her early twenties? Yes because we see how well that she difference works.

What malesvserena so much better? She sells soap. Has no fancy education or career. Oh wait, she is an aristocrat, that is all that matters.

Chelsy came from money. She graduated from law school. Cressida was an university student when they dated as you promote, and has an aristocratic background on her mothers side.

Bellabon only interested in parties? Yes those are the words to describe an actress, an UN advocate and ambassador for world vision. Clearly she us an airhead party girl.

The reality is many so called aristocratic brides are going to be the party girls you dread. Are you okay eith a party girl if dad us an earl? And if they actually do have careers, why would they give them up? Unlike viscountess Lindley, or the countess of ulster or St. Andrews, Harry's wife will have to give up any career she had. If she us your dream bride, a rich aristocratic career girl, what does she gain from marrying Harry but losing her freedom and career? She already has money, a title and likely a nice home.

The person you're responding to passionately believes in weird ideas about royals only marrying royals or aristocracy- some very regressive stuff that is racist, sexist and generally distasteful to anyone who believes that all human beings are worthy of being loved. Don't expect a sensible response.

Yet, even though i don't agree with it either, it is a valid opinion on a royal forum, as it has been that way (royals marrying royals) for centuries...

That said, imo the UK royals have learned in the past that just because a spouse comes from a royal or noble background doesn't mean a marriage will work.

I hope P.Harry will find (has found?) a woman he loves and who is strong enough to deal with the side effects of marrying into royalty (because even if she isn't a full time royal herself, there will be side effects, like hightened media exposure)

That whole 'fairy tale' thing was tried and found wanting....let's let Harry try it his own way and see what happens. It's worked quite well for William.

LaRae

Yup- instead of actual humans with complicated lives.

I also suspect more than a little racism goes into the criticisms.

I think it is unfortunate to suggest that just because some one expresses reservations about Harry & Meghan ultimately marrying they are racist and/or 'don't like her.' She seems a pleasant enough person and more naturally philanthropic than many.
However, both she and Harry come from broken homes and she being divorced suggests that she is (or was) impulsive and married too soon, or that she does not (or did not) view marriage as a life long commitment. Which is not to say that she hasn't grown, but suggests to me that it would be a mistake to rush things. After all, Harry's father & mother rushed into marriage and that was a disaster.
The fact that they live on different continents presents added problems. They cannot really know each other well until they spend time together - not the heady, breathless, falling in love time, but the boring day to day time that will enable them to truly know how compatable as life partners they are.
Unfortunately when you marry a senior member of the RF, you are getting both a man and a role - a career, if you will - and you are giving up whatever career you had or hoped to have. You become a target for the press, lies will be written about you, your hair, your clothes, your shoes, how you hold your purse, etc. will be dissected and criticized. That's a lot for any woman to digest & not a decision to be taken lightly or hastily.
In fairy tales true love conquers all, but in real life sometimes it doesn't.
I hope they take enough time for both of their sakes, that the mad rush of infatuation fades and they see whether they can build the partnership and dedication to each other they'll need to survive the life in a fish bowl Harry & whomever his bride is are destined to lead.

^

IMHO its a bit unfair to make assumptions, that she married in haste, she was together with her ex-husband for about a decade. That's a long term commitment. We have no clue why they decided to get divorced, but there were 2 people in that relationship, so it's not fair to suggest that it reflects Meghan's views.

UsWeekly reports, that Meghan met Kate and Charlotte. They have quite a bit details, I'm inclined to believe this report.
Prince Harry Introduces Meghan Markle to Duchess Kate, Charlotte - Us Weekly

Her estranged half brother and his whole crew decided to issue public apologies and interviews, and I'm going to give props to Meghan to having the guts and wisdom to cut those people out of her life, who aren't good for her.

We've been here before. Anyone remember Uncle Gary Goldsmith? Everyone thought he had ruined everything. Not true. We have to stop making big deals about this stuff.

Also, some members of the media are trying to make Meghan look bad. She's dating the favorite and lovable Prince. Nobody is good enough for him.

We've been here before. Anyone remember Uncle Gary Goldsmith? Everyone thought he had ruined everything. Not true. We have to stop making big deals about this stuff.

Also, some members of the media are trying to make Meghan look bad. She's dating the favorite and lovable Prince. Nobody is good enough for him.

Catherine was and is held accountable for her extended family. Including the ones she never met. Have a look at her family's dedicated thread.

What should there be two different standards?

Your constant mentioning of Catherine's family on this thread, combined with minimising everything Meghan or her family does and says suggest to me a bias.

I know you want Harry and Meghan to happen, but imo, Meghan and her family should have to suffer the slings and arrows just like anyone else.

If true, how would Emily Andrews know a meeting took place between C&M? Catherine certainly didn't talk to The Sun tabloid, so that leaves Meghan

The BRF value discretion above everything else. So far I don't see it with Meghan.

Catherine was and is held accountable for her extended family. Including the ones she never met. Have a look at her family's dedicated thread.

What should there be two different standards?

Your constant mentioning of Catherine's family on this thread, combined with minimising everything Meghan or her family does and says suggest to me a bias.

I know you want Harry and Meghan to happen, but imo, Meghan and her family should have to suffer the slings and arrows just like anyone else.

If true, how would Emily Andrews know a meeting took place between C&M? Catherine certainly didn't talk to The Sun tabloid, so that leaves Meghan

The BRF value discretion above everything else. So far I don't see it with Meghan.

All I'm saying is that we've been down this road before. Nothing what's happening here is new. Royal girlfriend relative gets in trouble with law, that's a mark against her. Royal girlfriend relative talks to the press, that's another mark against her. A member of the media get some info on the relationship, well, that's another mark against her because it seems like she's doing some talking.

The thing is none of it is the royal girlfriend's fault. We can't hold the girlfriends accountable for what their families do. Now, it's a different story when the girlfriend does something wrong.

Most likely Meghan isn't talking, Rudolph. She's not going to do this if she values her relationship with Harry. Of course again, Catherine was accused of the same thing. 'How on earth the press couldve known that?, oh I know, the girlfriend is talking.'

Nothing is unique here at all. I'm seeing the same thing play out, but with the little brother.

Somebody had to talk about Meghan meets Kate and Charlotte. Emily Andrews even knew that Meghan bought Kate a dream journal or the story is completely made up.

Why should Meghan suffer or be held accountable of the actions of her estranged relative she cut out of her life years ago, and hasn't had contact with in years?

Since we're guessing, I'm making a wild assumption, that Harry's the one giving info to the press.

I think one should not ruled out that Meghan talked to press. But it could have also been someone else. It is not to be taken for granted that it was her.

First off, I'd like to make it clear that I do not either like or dislike Meghan as I don't know her. I know of only the profile of Meghan that has come to my attention via what has been reported and I tend to stay away from "scoop" articles that are written to generate readers or click bait. We do know that Harry and Meghan are involved with each other. How seriously involved is a question unanswered as neither of them have gone public with this relationship at all.

Secondly, when it comes to bloodlines and breeding and suitable genetics, there is one person that is perhaps more expert on this than any of us and this is HM, The Queen herself. She's a wise woman too as she realizes that the place for needing to know the sire and the mare and the qualities that a bloodline will promote work well when breeding race horses and not with human beings. If HM, The Queen can deem it good a proper that someone marrying into the BRF is a good fit without a "pedigree", who am I to challenge that?

Actions always speak louder than words and you can pick your friends and pick your nose but you can't pick the family you're born into. If you shake a family tree hard enough, nuts are bound to fall out and that rings true no matter who the family is. This is true of Meghan's family and Harry's family. My bet would be more "black sheep" could be mentioned coming from Harry's side for the sole reason that there's been a historical interest in them all since the dawn of British rule.

What it boils down to is that right now there is an ongoing romance involving one of the senior members of the British Royal Family and so far, we have had next to nothing given to us that is credible fact on how the relationship is progressing. They want to keep it private and it looks to me like they're doing a pretty bang up job of keeping it private. The media realizes that many are sitting on the edges of their chairs just waiting and hoping for some glimmer of information to come out and that fuels them to write about whatever tidbit they can find or dig up from under rocks and hard places. They know it will draw the masses to their articles and innuendos and just plain gossip and supposition. Its like dangling a bottle of whiskey in front of an alcoholic.

We wait. We watch and we discuss. We offer our opinions and discuss them and that's what we're here for. No one knows for sure what is really what and we won't until either Harry or Meghan or both of them deem it appropriate to fill us in.

Last edited:
Reactions: hel
Why should Meghan suffer or be held accountable of the actions of her estranged relative she cut out of her life years ago, and hasn't had contact with in years?

Since we're guessing, I'm making a wild assumption, that Harry's the one giving info to the press.

Catherine is held accountable for a 'stripper cousin' she has never even met before. Relatives are either fair game or they're not. But there shouldn't be two standards.

Harry would never in a million years leak anything about Catherine or Charlotte to the tabloids. If the story is true, someone in Meghan's camp is name dropping.

Last edited:
My gut feeling is that Ms Markle is disingenuous, regardless of her occupation, nationality, or race. However, the alleged criminal actions of a relative, no matter how close or estranged, should not be held against her. I would think that she is concerned about her father who is having to deal with the knowledge that his son allegedly held a gun to someone's head, but, IMO, her brother's alleged actions in this case have nothing whatsoever to do with her.

Somebody had to talk about Meghan meets Kate and Charlotte. Emily Andrews even knew that Meghan bought Kate a dream journal or the story is completely made up.

We have to careful when reading these stories. One day it's Catherine and Meghan meeting and having a good time, and the next it could be Catherine and Meghan have a falling out.

There's very little known about this relationship and the lack of photos are driving the media crazy. They've been waiting too long for Harry to be in a relationship for it to be this quiet.

Catherine is held accountable for a 'stripper cousin' she has never even met before. Relatives are either fair game or they're not. But there shouldn't be two standards.

Harry would never in a million years leak anything about Catherine or Charlotte to the tabloids. If the story is true, someone in Meghan's camp is name dropping.

Catherine wasn't held accountable by William and rest of the family for the actions of her cousin. It's the media and folks online that hold the Royal girlfriends accountable for the actions of their extended family members. That's the wrong thing to do.

Imagine what would've happened to the Cambridge relationship if Catherine was held responsible for everything her family and extended family did. I doubt they would've made it down the aisle.

Since people get nothing out of Meghan, people feel the need to fill the void with her family and put the blame on her.

Last edited:

Catherine shouldn't be held accountable. Neither should Meghan.

We're all guessing here, you can't just state it as a fact, that Meghan's camp is talking, if the story is true. Perhaps Meghan and Harry are working as a team, and decide what info to drop, together.

There does seem to be a smear campaign from both traditional and social media going on with Meghan which is sad. Like her or not does she warrant this level of hatred or scrutiny.

Catherine shouldn't be held accountable. Neither should Meghan.

We're all guessing here, you can't just state it as a fact, that Meghan's camp is talking, if the story is true. Perhaps Meghan and Harry are working as a team, and decide what info to drop, together.

Just like Sarah and Diana it seems only the women are picked apart and hung out to dry by the grey men.

There does seem to be a smear campaign from both traditional and social media going on with Meghan which is sad. Like her or not does she warrant this level of hatred or scrutiny.

There's absolutely one on social media. Traditional media is doing what they always do: if it bleeds, it leads.

Just like Sarah and Diana it seems only the women are picked apart and hung out to dry by the grey men.

This has absolutely nothing to do with the grey men. It's not courtiers that are hanging Meghan out to dry here - it's the press.

And the reason the press are doing it is because the public (ie us) want stories about Harry and Meghan, but Harry and Meghan aren't playing that game, so the press is going for a different angle.

The grey men didn't get Meghan's brother drunk and have him put a gun to his girlfriend's head. He did that on his own. That's not Meghan's fault. However Meghan is a public figure and if a relative of a public figure gets arrested it's going to make the news.

It's not the same as Uncle Gary. Uncle Gary got trapped in a undercover sting just like Sophie and Fergie did. The press went out of their way to get him to talk. The details of Meghan's brother arrest would be in the public record as part of the paperwork for his arrest.

I don't get... Is this the thread to discuss, speculate etc about Harry & Meghan's relationshiop or a contest between Meghan and Kate about who of them has the most embarassing relatives? lol

This has absolutely nothing to do with the grey men. It's not courtiers that are hanging Meghan out to dry here - it's the press.

And the reason the press are doing it is because the public (ie us) want stories about Harry and Meghan, but Harry and Meghan aren't playing that game, so the press is going for a different angle.

Exactly, the royal couple aren't playing the game so the media will play it for them.

I don't get... Is this the thread to discuss, speculate etc about Harry & Meghan's relationshiop or a contest between Meghan and Kate about who of them has the most embarassing relatives? lol

It's just the same game that was played with Harry's sister-in-law is being played with Meghan.

I've tried to warn everybody on the forums that this will come up and accusations will rise. We've been through years of this before with the Cambridge's during their courtship years. It pretty much lasted up until the day of the engagement announcement. It was an exciting and surprising day, but it was also a load lifted off the shoulders. Trying to maintain some sanity through these courtships isn't easy.

Last edited:
Exactly, the royal couple aren't playing the game so the media will play it for them.

It's just the same game that was played with Harry's sister-in-law is being played with Meghan.

I've tried to warn everybody on the forums that this will come up and accusations will rise. We've been through years of this before with the Cambridge's during their courtship years. It pretty much lasted up until the day of the engagement announcement. It was an exciting and surprising day, but it was also a load lifted off the shoulders. Trying to maintain some sanity through these courtships isn't easy.

These two bears have gone into hibernation and the media is standing around outside the cave throwing rocks and poking the bears with sticks trying to wake them up and do something they can see. What they don't realize is that the bears are sound sleepers and won't bite back until they're good and ready to.

While the media and curious onlookers feel they need to know just about everything happening in this couple's life, the couple themselves know their relationship is only pertinent to themselves and will keep it this way. It does set a precedence too for the future if they decide to make the relationship permanent. Once Pandora's box is opened, its impossible to close it again. After the media frenzy that both William and Harry have had to endure with their parents, I don't blame them one bit for being determined to keep their private lives sequestered behind a strong impenetrable fortress. They accept that their public lives are lived in a virtual glass fishbowl but their private lives are their own. Its how it should be.

The grey men didn't get Meghan's brother drunk and have him put a gun to his girlfriend's head. He did that on his own. That's not Meghan's fault. However Meghan is a public figure and if a relative of a public figure gets arrested it's going to make the news.

It's not the same as Uncle Gary. Uncle Gary got trapped in a undercover sting just like Sophie and Fergie did. The press went out of their way to get him to talk. The details of Meghan's brother arrest would be in the public record as part of the paperwork for his arrest.

So it's ok to behave in a poor manner when you are set up, but not when you aren't?:lol: Piss poor behavior is piss poor behavior, however you slice it.

ETA, I'm not bothered by the fact that it made news. I'm bothered by the fact that some are acting like this should somehow reflect on Meghan as a person.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom