Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2016-2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So it's ok for her to meet the future king and queen, and have conversations. But not ok to meet a toddler that can't string a sentence together? What would she say? Charlotte walked around and smiled?

:lol: Riiiight??

So it's ok for her to meet the future king and queen, and have conversations. But not ok to meet a toddler that can't string a sentence together? What would she say? Charlotte walked around and smiled?

Has Meghan met William and Catherine? There's a lot of tabloid gossip but we don't know anything. From what I can see, Meghan has been in London and Harry has been in Toronto. That's it.

Of course tabloids have to make all of this into a story but I'm willing to wager Meghan hasn't been within a hundred feet of Princess Charlotte.

Has Meghan met William and Catherine? There's a lot of tabloid gossip but we don't know anything. From what I can see, Meghan has been in London and Harry has been in Toronto. That's it.

Of course tabloids have to make all of this into a story but I'm willing to wager Meghan hasn't been within a hundred feet of Princess Charlotte.

Difference in opinions and we could all go around in circles about this. To each their own.

None of this is to say Harry and Meghan aren't 'serious'. It just takes more than being a girlfriend for 8 months before you get to see the 'shiny rocks'

The BRF is almost cult like. Meghan hasn't run the gauntlet. She hasn't been seasoned yet.

If this relationship is for real, there is lots of time to meet members of the family.

Last edited:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Whether she met the baby or not, I'd also be very surprised if she has not been introduced to his family yet. 8 months is a very solid start and their relationship seems very serious. As Harry is said to be very close to Kate, it would make complete sense that they've met at this point, especially if they're both in London at the same time and with Harry living yards away from them.

It may not be meeting The Queen but Princess Charlotte isn't just any royal. For all we know Meghan and Harry break up in a year's time and she does a tell all with Piers Morgan.

Exactly !

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

None of this is to say Harry and Meghan aren't 'serious'. It just takes more than being a girlfriend for 8 months before you get to see the 'shiny rocks'

The BRF is almost cult like. Meghan hasn't run the gauntlet. She hasn't been seasoned yet.

If this relationship is for real, there is lots of time to meet members of the family.

I don't see Charlotte as a "shiny rock"? She's Harry's niece. Meghan is Harry's girlfriend. Their relationship is serious enough that she stays over at Kensington Palace rather than elsewhere. And from what we can see, William and Harry are tight as thieves. It's likely that after months of dating, he'd introduce Meghan to them. And what is Kate supposed to do? Send Charlotte to her room when Meghan is over? Let's not act like this is like meeting the Queen or Prince Charles.

But worried if he takes off on another holiday with her not a good look and I wouldn't blame media if they call him on it. ALL the young royals need to work more

I think she talks to her dad. He's the only who hasn't said anything publicly about her.

I don't believe her mother has, either, other than to say no comment when running the press gauntlet.

But worried if he takes off on another holiday with her not a good look and I wouldn't blame media if they call him on it. ALL the young royals need to work more

Who cares? They'll always find something to complain about. They have every right to live their lives the same way as anyone else.

Exactly--She's not a stranger off the street. This is a 100% normal step in any relationship. Good lord, it's not like she's meeting the queen.

And it's not like Harry hasn't already shown that he's willing to do things differently with this relationship. I really thought KP releasing that statement would make us all a little less skeptical about what is or isn't possible with Harry. Yet some still have doubts about even the most basic aspects of his relationship with Meghan. I understand why, but if an engagement does happen by the end of this year, no one should be surprised. The signs have been there from the start, guys.

And it's not like Harry hasn't already shown that he's willing to do things differently with this relationship. I really thought KP releasing that statement would make us all a little less skeptical about what is or isn't possible with Harry. Yet some still have doubts about even the most basic aspects of his relationship with Meghan. I understand why, but if an engagement does happen by the end of this year, no one should be surprised. The signs have been there from the start, guys.

I completely agree! Part of the reason I'm also not understanding all the doubt :ermm:

I think releasing a statement with his letterhead from Kensington Palace has erased all doubts that this relationship isn't serious. I don't know if an engagement would happen by end of year simply because marrying a senior member of the BRF isn't like marrying your average Joe. There are customs that one would need to adapt to, and her filming schedule does not allow a significant amount of time to be dedicated to that until end of this year. I also don't think it's good for Suits to be airing while a royal engagement is announced.

Who cares? They'll always find something to complain about. They have every right to live their lives the same way as anyone else.

Actually I care and their royal and don't have the right to live their lives as they want if they want the BRF to continue
But I don't think you would understand what I'm talking about and it's off topic

I think that's a fair point. At the moment Harry is tabloid favourite because his private life is producing news; doesn't matter if it comes to anything or not because it will still be news. Doing charity work, meeting the public are not news its just what is expected in order to "pay your way".

But being favourite wont last - never has, never will. He has to find the balance between his private life (not easy with the distance issues) and doing enough royal work. He has responsibilities.

Many posters on here are just focussing on the relationship because that is what the thread is about. But undertaking royal duties eats into time needed to build that relationship.

It's tricky.

About the Cambridge kids, it's pure speculation. Since we'll never know, do we have to argue about it?

Last edited by a moderator:
As for holidays, Harry has been to Norway. I wouldn't count the diversion to Toronto on his return home from tour as a holiday, and he was home within days. The skiing holiday is sheer speculation by a tabloid about something that may or may not happen. Few royals do much after Christmas and into January anyway. anyway. A light sprinkling of engagements and that's it. Harry has another coming up next week.

I think releasing a statement with his letterhead from Kensington Palace has erased all doubts that this relationship isn't serious. I don't know if an engagement would happen by end of year simply because marrying a senior member of the BRF isn't like marrying your average Joe. There are customs that one would need to adapt to, and her filming schedule does not allow a significant amount of time to be dedicated to that until end of this year. I also don't think it's good for Suits to be airing while a royal engagement is announced.

Well to be clear, if an engagement does happen, I think it would be late in the year, when her filming is over. Although it's entirely possible that she could be written off the show before the end of the season. Either way, I don't see the big problem with an engagement being announcement while Suits is airing?

I get your point about her marrying into the BRF but again, this relationship is not unfolding like most others. And we are talking about two people in their 30s who have stated in the last year that they can't wait to start a family. They already know what they want and what they have to do to make it happen. I personally don't doubt that Meghan has been getting a "history lesson" for months now.

Well to be clear, if an engagement does happen, I think it would be late in the year, when her filming is over. Although it's entirely possible that she could be written off the show before the end of the season. Either way, I don't see the big problem with an engagement being announcement while Suits is airing?

I get your point about her marrying into the BRF but again, this relationship is not unfolding like most others. And we are talking about two people in their 30s who have stated in the last year that they can't wait to start a family. They already know what they want and what they have to do to make it happen. I personally don't doubt that Meghan has been getting a "history lesson" for months now.

While the royal family has modernized, they aren't quite that modernized. Just like while the media might command them for certain changes, they'll write the most salacious headline they can come up with if there is any intimate scenes with her costar. That's just not how you want an engagement announcement to be treated in the press. That'd be the only concern.

As for holidays, Harry has been to Norway. I wouldn't count the diversion to Toronto on his return home from tour as a holiday, and he was home within days. The skiing holiday is sheer speculation by a tabloid about something that may or may not happen. Few royals do much after Christmas and into January anyway. anyway. A light sprinkling of engagements and that's it. Harry has another coming up next week.

I was going to say that unless/until Harry takes a vacation at an unusual time (i.e. when he normally works) then I don't see the issue. I thought the skiing holiday had become the norm for him.

The idea that people would complain about him taking another vacation with Meghan is interesting though because any time marriage talk comes up, the discussion usually turns to how they haven't been dating long or don't know each other well enough. Ok so, how do you think they are going to get to that stage if they aren't spending time together? Lol Again, as long as Harry is not neglecting his duties, there shouldn't be an issue IMO.

While the royal family has modernized, they aren't quite that modernized. Just like while the media might command them for certain changes, they'll write the most salacious headline they can come up with if there is any intimate scenes with her costar. That's just not how you want an engagement announcement to be treated in the press. That'd be the only concern.

Ok. I understand. I've thought about how Meghan and the show would handle any intimate scenes now that she's dating Harry. And I wouldn't be surprised if she went to the writers and asked to limit those scenes to just kissing or "fade to black" where sex is implied but not shown. We can talk about whether that's really fair or necessary but if it's her choice, I'm ok with it.

Charlotte is a baby!!! Why is it so wrong or impossible for Meghan to have met her?? Come on!!!

If this story about her brother is true, so what? He is an adult. Meghan is not responsible for what he does. They have very little contact if any at all.

Look, Harry is in a serious relationship with Meghan. Your objections about it will not change anything or deter Prince Harry in any way. He doesn't care who does not approve. That much was clear in his KP statement he had released a few months ago.

Why can't you just be happy for him and stop attacking this woman? Even if Prince Harry saw your objections and/or comments, he would not care. He may even tell you what you can do your disapproval from what I have read about Harry in the past and of how protective he is of Meghan these days.

The way folks are carrying on about this young lady is just beyond silly, imo.

I hope that Meghan Markle will join Chelsey Davy and Cressida Bonas on the pile of ex-friends. The popularization and celebritization of the monarchy has gone a step too far. It would be nice when the prince just dates a nice lady from the aristocracy or gentry, who works as a volunteer for St John's Ambulances, or reads English Literature in Oxford or runs a forestry business in Scotland. Why have it always to be those bonbonellas, dedicated to frequenting posh nightlife venues?

I thought that the example of Lady Serena Stanhope, now the Countess of Snowdon, was a pretty nice one.

Last edited:
All posts discussing Meghan's activism/stance on guns has been deleted. Please remember to stay on topic, which is Prince Harry's relationships. Any additional off-topic comments will be deleted.

I hope that Meghan Markle will join Chelsey Davy and Cressida Bonas on the pile of ex-friends. The popularization and celebritization of the monarchy has gone a step too far.

He doesn't understand that he isn't' making the right choices because he keeps choosing the wrong people. His mother had this particular fault; this prejudice he has towards women of his own class is what is getting him into trouble with bad types of women who are either involved in shady work or are friends with real bad types.

It would be nice when the prince just dates a nice lady from the aristocracy or gentry, who works as a volunteer for St John's Ambulances, or reads English Literature in Oxford or runs a forestry business in Scotland. Why have it always to be those bonbonellas, dedicated to frequenting posh nightlife venues?

Harry, like his brother and mother, apparently has some kind of prejudice against his own background. You don't see him spending time with the aristocracy or gentry mainly because they prefer solid stable lives and after a wild youth, conform to the expectations and rules of their class.

Harry is living life according to what the press want of him. His main 'audience' is the press and he's paying WAY too much to the self-appointed media guardians. A HUGE problem is how he was pressured to 'normalize' himself, even though he doesn't know what normalcy is.

At some point, we all have to fall in line either through our work or our class rules, or at least follow the law and get on with our lives. It's obvious that neither Harry or William want to fall in line and basically conform and go about their duties and charity work. They keep going out for as man cheap thrills as they can get instead of letting go of their youth.

He doesn't understand that he isn't' making the right choices because he keeps choosing the wrong people. His mother had this particular fault; this prejudice he has towards women of his own class is what is getting him into trouble with bad types of women who are either involved in shady work or are friends with real bad types.

Harry, like his brother and mother, apparently has some kind of prejudice against his own background. You don't see him spending time with the aristocracy or gentry mainly because they prefer solid stable lives and after a wild youth, conform to the expectations and rules of their class.

Harry is living life according to what the press want of him. His main 'audience' is the press and he's paying WAY too much to the self-appointed media guardians. A HUGE problem is how he was pressured to 'normalize' himself, even though he doesn't know what normalcy is.

At some point, we all have to fall in line either through our work or our class rules, or at least follow the law and get on with our lives. It's obvious that neither Harry or William want to fall in line and basically conform and go about their duties and charity work. They keep going out for as man cheap thrills as they can get instead of letting go of their youth.
Wow, I think I just time traveled to the 70s. BTW, Cressida Bonas' grandfather was of nobility. So there goes your argument about his prejudice against girls of his own class. As for his media guardian that's trying to please. WHAT?!?!? He's becoming the master of hiding. Eventually they find out, but he's gotten pretty good at keeping his relationships a secret for some months before the press discovers it. Honestly, I don't see how Chelsy, Cressida, and Meghan fall into the "shady work" and "bad types" you speak of? Chelsy liked partying, but that's hardly shady or bad type? I can't think of anything that's too wrong with Cressida. She couldn't handle people making unfair criticism of her, which isn't really a terrible thing per se. As for Meghan, I think she's a fine woman who works hard and knows herself and what she believes in well.

Why do people make this relationship so complicated?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom