The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1981  
Old 12-10-2016, 07:11 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacmagnolia View Post
Can someone please explain what is known of Meghan's India project? I heard of it a few weeks back assuming it was a rumor...Is there any information about her trip? Sorry in advance,I know its not a topic that's usually discussed here.
I don't think anything is known about it really, other than what she mentioned on her Twitter the other week, viz that Meghan plans to go to India for two weeks in January to help set up a programme to assist girls. She said she had been working on the details for about six months.
__________________

__________________
  #1982  
Old 12-10-2016, 07:20 PM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze View Post
Personally I'm more baffled at the need to tear down every person (mostly the ladies, though) whom the royals happen to date. Some people seem to think Harry is a naive teenager who needs their motherly control and 'advice' so he won't fall into the traps of evil golddigging women.

Woman is a disunited class, always competing and very envious of each other. Most women who are against dating or wanting to overthrow Meghan is jealous. That Rita Ora, for example, I had never heard of her, but her opinion is pure jealousy, she wanted to be in the place of Meghan.
I'm not American, but I'm cheering of this romance to work out. I liked Meghan's personality, I admire independent, determined women ,with content, I did not like Harry's ex-girlfriends, I thought they were futiles girls. They speak of the British royal family as if they were perfect. Long ago British royalty is not perfect, there have been so many scandals, I don't know why Meghan would be unfit
__________________

__________________
  #1983  
Old 12-10-2016, 08:23 PM
miche's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 814
I don't think Rita Ora making a comment means she's jealous of Meghan.
__________________
  #1984  
Old 12-10-2016, 09:01 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee Anna View Post
I see a laughing Meghan and a smiling happy Harry (who apparently broke protocol and took a Canadian detour en route back to the UK following his Carribean suite of engagements), these two are having fun; until and if it becomes legal, only then can royal protocol (whatever that would entail) can get involved.

If I were those two I would keep it just so for as long as they can.

Well until they are thinking of extending that happy family of two!
I'm going to disagree... protocol does come into place at times before they get married.

Harry made a huge err when he visited Meghan in Toronto, breaking royal protocol. While his actions definitely make it look as though he's very infatuated with Meghan and very eager to take any opportunity to see her, the breach of protocol (one established by the BRF, not the media or anything) and the previous denial by KP that he would be visiting Meghan make him look irresponsible and a bit reckless. I actually found it to be immature behaviour on his part; perhaps not as bad as some of his previous behaviour, but certainly shows a streak in him that I think Harry's actually been fairly good at avoiding since the Vegas incident.
__________________
  #1985  
Old 12-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Woodbridge, United States
Posts: 372
Im sure that whatever the reason he broke protocol, it must have been important for him to risk it. For what it's worth they are not together at this moment so that could explain why he would want to visit her after 3 weeks apart. I guess he could of flown back home, do the engagement and then fly back out again.
__________________
  #1986  
Old 12-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Because so many are against her for stupid reasons, the primaries being that she is half black and American to boot. Secondly, I am sick of reading that it's too soon etc. as if they had a say in what is soon enough. You may think it's too soon but chances are Harry would disagree and he would not care what you thought about this. He is going to what he wants and with his grandmother's blessing if she hasn't given it to him already.

I use "You" for generally speaking by the way...

Anyway, I also support this because I called this, I said that Harry would fall for an American woman and he has. So many doubted the possibility.

And finally, the prospect of seeing the first British/American Princess of color is exciting to me especially since so many are against her.
I think if you read the DM comments and take that as your basis that "so many people are against her for stupid reasons" you're forgetting that the DM comment threads tend to be full of anti-Royal trolls. Likewise with comments on articles that get posted on Facebook and the like.

I do think there are some very legitimate concerns about Harry's choice of a girlfriend, but more because of the fact that as an American she doesn't really know the culture that she could potentially be marrying into. It's not her race, her religion, her career, her previous relationships... it's the fact that she's grown up in a culture that encourages the freedom of speech and personal expression and being a member of the BRF means limiting what you say and do when in the public eye. I think it's fair to worry about how successful this relationship is going to be in the long run because of how drastically different her background is from what his reality is.

There is also the fact that this is a long distance relationship. I understand the eagerness for a royal marriage... but they've been together for less than a year (from most reports and the Piers Morgan interview it sounds like it's been tops 7 months), with them being on separate continents for most of that time. We've all seen the disastrous effect that divorce and poor relationships can have on the BRF, after the War of the Waleses, the end of the York marriage, the end of the Anne/Mark marriage... I don't think anyone wants Harry to rush into a marriage and repeat the mistake of his father, aunt, and uncle.

There is also the fact, fact, that if she marries into the BRF Meghan is very likely going to have to give up her career. Royals with jobs have a history of not working out in the BRF. Look at Edward's attempts. Look at Sophie's. Even the not-royal Zara and Mike Tindall, Peter Phillips, and the Middleton family get criticized if they're seen as using their royal connections too much within their careers. And Meghan's career involves her actively engaging with the press and doing talk shows to promote her work - which let's be honest, is going to cause problems, even without her getting married. Do you really think that if she does an interview Harry's not going to come up? Or whether or not she's met the Queen?

And, again, the issue of location is going to come up. As an American citizen working in Canada (where Suits is filmed), Meghan requires a work visa. As a member of the royal family, Meghan would also require an additional security detail provided by the RCMP and paid for by the Canadian taxpayer... which is not going to endear her, Harry, or the BRF to Canada.

I think it would be stupid of Harry and Meghan to rush into a marriage. And I think it would be completely illogical for them to do so while she's still under contract for Suits - I think any marriage has a lot more chance of long term success if they were to wait until after Meghan's obligations to Suits are over and they've had the opportunity to actually live on the same continent for longer than a week.
__________________
  #1987  
Old 12-10-2016, 09:46 PM
cepe's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,058


Absolutely right.
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
  #1988  
Old 12-10-2016, 09:55 PM
Ish's Avatar
Ish Ish is offline
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 3,406
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Great list. But she will only be able to make it to any of these if it fits with her proffesional schedual. Shooting movies/series don't get reschedualed just because she is dating a prince.
I don't think she actually has that many shooting obligations. Looking at her IMDb and Wikipedia pages, it looks like she only does at most one movie a year in addition to Suits, and when she does the movie it's typically a small role. It's being said that Suits is finished filming season 6 (which starts airing next month) and isn't set to start filming season 7 until March which gives her some free time. Even once it does start filming, Suits doesn't film like a network show where actors are stuck on set for 10 months of the year - it seems like they film half a season in the spring, air it in the summer then film half a season in the fall, and air it the following end of winter/spring.

It seems like she's got a break for personal projects right now - we know she's got a trip to India for a couple of weeks, but it seems likely she has time for a ski trip or a trip to London in the next few months. She'll likely be working in Toronto during Invictus, but she won't necessarily be on set 24/7 and it's possible Harry might try to work some personal time into that trip. She might not be able to make it to Eugenie's March birthday because of timing, but William and Beatrice both have summer birthdays.

Canada's also having it's 150th anniversary of Confederation in 2017, so it'd be interesting to see if Harry made a tour or is chosen to be the Royal representative at the July Canada Day celebrations, and if so if Meghan will make any appearances wherever he is.
__________________
  #1989  
Old 12-10-2016, 10:18 PM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
And finally, the prospect of seeing the first British/American Princess of color is exciting to me especially since so many are against her.
you should edit that to say British Princess of Color, because there are already European Princesses of Color.
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
  #1990  
Old 12-11-2016, 01:03 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
I think if you read the DM comments and take that as your basis that "so many people are against her for stupid reasons" you're forgetting that the DM comment threads tend to be full of anti-Royal trolls. Likewise with comments on articles that get posted on Facebook and the like.

I do think there are some very legitimate concerns about Harry's choice of a girlfriend, but more because of the fact that as an American she doesn't really know the culture that she could potentially be marrying into. It's not her race, her religion, her career, her previous relationships... it's the fact that she's grown up in a culture that encourages the freedom of speech and personal expression and being a member of the BRF means limiting what you say and do when in the public eye. I think it's fair to worry about how successful this relationship is going to be in the long run because of how drastically different her background is from what his reality is.

There is also the fact that this is a long distance relationship. I understand the eagerness for a royal marriage... but they've been together for less than a year (from most reports and the Piers Morgan interview it sounds like it's been tops 7 months), with them being on separate continents for most of that time. We've all seen the disastrous effect that divorce and poor relationships can have on the BRF, after the War of the Waleses, the end of the York marriage, the end of the Anne/Mark marriage... I don't think anyone wants Harry to rush into a marriage and repeat the mistake of his father, aunt, and uncle.

There is also the fact, fact, that if she marries into the BRF Meghan is very likely going to have to give up her career. Royals with jobs have a history of not working out in the BRF. Look at Edward's attempts. Look at Sophie's. Even the not-royal Zara and Mike Tindall, Peter Phillips, and the Middleton family get criticized if they're seen as using their royal connections too much within their careers. And Meghan's career involves her actively engaging with the press and doing talk shows to promote her work - which let's be honest, is going to cause problems, even without her getting married. Do you really think that if she does an interview Harry's not going to come up? Or whether or not she's met the Queen?

And, again, the issue of location is going to come up. As an American citizen working in Canada (where Suits is filmed), Meghan requires a work visa. As a member of the royal family, Meghan would also require an additional security detail provided by the RCMP and paid for by the Canadian taxpayer... which is not going to endear her, Harry, or the BRF to Canada.

I think it would be stupid of Harry and Meghan to rush into a marriage. And I think it would be completely illogical for them to do so while she's still under contract for Suits - I think any marriage has a lot more chance of long term success if they were to wait until after Meghan's obligations to Suits are over and they've had the opportunity to actually live on the same continent for longer than a week.
Thank you! I support Harry and Meghan and think things will work out for them. Now that you have explained this, I agree. However, we all need to realize that 1) Harry would not have done all that he has for if this relationship was not super serious, her bodyguard in Britain unless she talked him out of it which is not likely and his statement from KP,along with both traveling across the pond to see each other. 2) He did break protocol, but I bet odds the Queen let it go for the most part. Nothing will come of it. Harry is in love and she wants him to be happy. Harry is 32, he knew what he was doing and why and the rules but he still did it. Good for him, I say. 3) All the other stuff you mentioned, I agree and I'd bet odds that these have discussed it all.

I do think at some point she will eventually have a quit "Suits" when engaged or married. Maybe Harry will let her do a movie once in a while but only living in London. Who knows? And she definitely will if she gets pregnant.
__________________
  #1991  
Old 12-11-2016, 01:15 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington DC, United States
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by GömdNatt View Post
you should edit that to say British Princess of Color, because there are already European Princesses of Color.
I agree. But I added that because she is American born, like British-Americans living in the US. Born and raised in Britain but later became American citizens. If she marries Harry, my understanding is that she'll remain a US citizen but also be given British citizenship?

That was my only thinking behind my post.
__________________
  #1992  
Old 12-11-2016, 01:57 AM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,662
I actually did some searching earlier and if she was to marry Harry, she could have dual citizenship in the UK and in the US. Grace Kelly did the same when she married Ranier.

That's my understanding anyways.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #1993  
Old 12-11-2016, 02:19 AM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 6,942
Depends on the country they marry into I believe. Mary had to give up her citizenship, on the other hand maxima has dual. Philip has given up his Greek citizenship and titles but certainly the attitudes were different back then. Meghan won't be alone in the foreign department, though beyond Philip, closest to the throne. We have two Canadians (autumn and the countess of state Andrews) and one kiwi (Gary Lewis).

I do believe the us though is not a fan of dual citizenship. An American citizen who applies for foreign citizenship can have their American citizenship removed. It seems to be a question of dual loyalties. It isn't always the case, and perhaps with a British citizenship it wouldn't raise concern, but there is always that,
__________________
  #1994  
Old 12-11-2016, 03:37 AM
eya eya is online now
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 9,208
Prince Harry's girlfriend Meghan Markle heads to another yoga class* | Daily Mail Online
__________________
  #1995  
Old 12-11-2016, 03:56 AM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Somewhere in, United Kingdom
Posts: 461
UK allows double citizenship, and usually USA does too, unless they act in a way that suggests, that they do not wish to have American citizenship.
__________________
  #1996  
Old 12-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Angel.10's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Rome, Italy
Posts: 108
I doubt she does not quit her acting career, she's not a Meryl Streep. She admitted that she has a hard time getting good roles because of her ethnicity, the acting career is fickle, only if she's an idiot (and I'm sure she's not), she'll give up on Harry because of her career. The fact that she's American, freedom of speech and blah blah blah, is not a problem, Grace Kelly was not American? She did not adapt? Distance is not a problem, either. We are not talking about ordinary people, we are talking about a prince and an actress, they can meet anywhere in the world at any time I honestly think the only thing that could ruin this relationship is his family does not accept her, But even this, I find it difficult to happen
__________________
  #1997  
Old 12-11-2016, 10:21 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Because so many are against her for stupid reasons, the primaries being that she is half black and American to boot. Secondly, I am sick of reading that it's too soon etc. as if they had a say in what is soon enough. You may think it's too soon but chances are Harry would disagree and he would not care what you thought about this. He is going to what he wants and with his grandmother's blessing if she hasn't given it to him already.

I use "You" for generally speaking by the way...

Anyway, I also support this because I called this, I said that Harry would fall for an American woman and he has. So many doubted the possibility.

And finally, the prospect of seeing the first British/American Princess of color is exciting to me especially since so many are against her.
I can see why you might be very excited (nothing is going to compare to the over reaction of the US press if they do end up married) but why are you predicting/hoping for an engagement ASAP? If you want them to actually succeed as a couple surely you should be hoping they both know what they are getting in to and have spend time *living on the same continent* for a while.

Harry might not agree with me and might press forwards and I'm not his mother/grandmother/sister/aunt etc but there's a reason why the Queen has had a guideline of waiting several years before marriage. The only one of her kids who hasn't been divorced waited 5-6 years (admittedly it might have been a bit sooner had tragic events not intervened). Probably if they stay together and want to get married it won't be 5 years but I do find it hard to imagine QE2 giving her permission so early, but who knows?

They aren't going to take my advice but I say use the break in Suits filming/airing to see if you can actually live together full time, get used to the full fury of the British Press and learn what will be expected of you, and lets not kid ourselves she won't be doing any acting as a Duchess so see if she wants that as well.
__________________
  #1998  
Old 12-11-2016, 11:20 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,541
Good Lord, people, They're. Just. Dating.

No wonder Harry wanted to keep this secret.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #1999  
Old 12-11-2016, 11:30 AM
GömdNatt's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,214
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
I agree. But I added that because she is American born, like British-Americans living in the US. Born and raised in Britain but later became American citizens. If she marries Harry, my understanding is that she'll remain a US citizen but also be given British citizenship?

That was my only thinking behind my post.
it still applies. Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein married American Angela Brown and so she's now Princess Angela of Liechtenstein. American (though born in Panama), but now a European Princess of Color, so to speak.

She is American, but if she marries Harry, she will be considered a European Princess (albeit she'll be a Duchess).
__________________
My facebook fan page: https://www.facebook.com/SignyCullen
Author of fiction novel Farther Side of Away, and non-fiction book about royalty If You're a Princess, Where's Your Crown?
  #2000  
Old 12-11-2016, 11:32 AM
Hendrik-Jan77's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Posts: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel.10 View Post
The problem is that 5, 6 years for a 35 year old woman can be a lot, because surely they will want to have children and the biological clock is relentless
This is exactly the pitfall in this relationship. I hope this couple won't rush into marriage because of her biological clock and his desire to start a family.
If her age is a mainspring for both of them to rush into things, I think he should look for a younger girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Good Lord, people, They're. Just. Dating.

No wonder Harry wanted to keep this secret.
Exactly, I agree!
__________________

__________________
HRH
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Popular Tags
archduchess marie astrid beatrice (1986- ) birthday birthday celebration carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of york earl of snowdon family general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein meme monarchy news pablo urdangarín pieter van vollenhoven portugal prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess margaretha of luxembourg princess mary fashion princess mary style princess of asturias princess sofia princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia rohan family romania spanish jewels spanish state visit to japan state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family the duchess of cambridge casual wear uae nature victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises