Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt we will ever see it again, where a member of the BRF marry a cousin unless they are multiple times removed/distant.

LaRae

I doubt we will ever see it again, where a member of the BRF marry a cousin unless they are multiple times removed/distant.

LaRae

I agree; it may be legal but I think it has largely come to be frowned on?
I haven't heard of any such marriages among the nobility in recent years.

I think most people realize there is no need or reason for people to marry cousins in this day and age...the old ideas about royals only marrying royals is almost gone and in those areas where it used to be done simply because you were in a geographical area without a real ability to meet 'outsiders', so you married into the families around you, is no longer the situation with all the technology etc.

LaRae

Last edited:
I know of a case where first cousins married, and the children are fine. Once in a while doesn't seem to be a problem. It's when there are family marriages over generations and the problems in the gene pool add up.

Marriage between cousins has always been legal in Britain.

Thank you for sharing this photo - I've never seen Harry with any member of a non-reigning house before. Do we know if the BRF have any connections to the Brazilian Imperial Family or was it just a coincidence that Harry and Princess Maria Beatriz met? What event was the photo taken at? It looks like it was taken at a party, judging by the clothes they are wearing (and, the general vibe of the photo just feels a bit like a party for me).

Sorry for taking so long to answer you, Hereditary Princess.

I really doubt the British Royal Family and the Brazilian Imperial Family are close. Princess Maria Beatriz was representing her Family at an official reception the City of Rio de Janeiro gave to Prince Harry, during his 2012 tour. Prince Harry dind't knew Brazil was once a Monarchy, so Princess Maria Beatriz gave him a little lesson of Brazilian History.

The Brazilian royals are close only to the Belgian, Spanish, Liechtensteiner and Luxembourgish royals. The Prince of Monaco is also a friend of the Prince Luiz, the current Head of the Imperial House of Brazil.

When The Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh visited Brazil, in 1968, they met with Prince Pedro Henrique (1909-1981), then Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, and his wife, who was born Princess Maria of Bavaria (1914-2011) - they're Princess Maria Beatriz's paternal grandparents.

LaRae

It's not too farfetched.

Harry and Cressida are 4th cousins. That would be like Savannah Phillips marrying Leo Lascelles - who is the son of Viscount Lascelles, heir of the Harewood Earldom. Both Savannah and Leo are descendants of King George V. I don't consider that "distant". Back in the day, the Catholic Church would have banned a marriage between Harry and Cressida on the grounds of incest - unless they received dispensation. :lol:

I think we'll see a cousin marriage sooner than later. Maybe it will be Harry and Cressida! :cool:

It's not too farfetched.

Harry and Cressida are 4th cousins. [...] Back in the day, the Catholic Church would have banned a marriage between Harry and Cressida on the grounds of incest - unless they received dispensation. :lol:

I think we'll see a cousin marriage sooner than later. Maybe it will be Harry and Cressida! :cool:

Ah, wouldn't that be so very cool! :flowers: However, Harry would need to demonstrate that he values her. She deserves to be valued, not taken for granted. But truth be said, I'm rooting for Cressida back with her old boyfriend. He's hot! :p

^If Cressida is taken by her old BF, Harry Windsor must find a GF that's not in his Glosse Posse. :future: :princess3: :coach: :onering: :powfeathers: :crown3: :rose: :rose2: :twocents: :heart2:

Last edited:
I am truly suspecting that something is happening with his old flame Chelsy Davy. Such a change with that girl. No longer seems bothered with the paps. More publicly visible but still discreet.

Both on a gap year...:whistling:

And she is looking better than ever!;)

:lol:Maybe Harry is in love with his cousin Princess Beatrice and just waiting for her to reciprocate.
He clearly gets along with her family. Her family may not object. She knows the royal routine.
It would solve the problem of a career for Beatrice. It would also allow Beatrice to get her hands on her grandmother's jewels and access to some Duchy income for clothes. :royalrobes:

Are you serious ?????? Hope your just having joke
It would be perfectly legal, though I doubt HM would be very happy about it. :lol:

What is going on ? this 2015 not 1815
All this talk of cousins marrying eeek !!!
If Harry was to go the cousin route, I am hoping for Lady Gabrielle Windsor. Since he has obviously missed out on my personal faves...the lovely Ladies Rose and Davina.:flowers:
OK, Harry needs to pick up girlfriend soon, as we have all clearly lost our minds....
Okay Gracie, we all took the expressway to crazytown and a sharp right straight up looney lane! But what a trip! :D

Okay Gracie, we all took the expressway to crazytown and a sharp right straight up looney lane! But what a trip! :D

If you think this is bad, you should go on the royal baby thread.. now we have turned to mediums. :eek:

:previous: I'm just thankful that Looney Lane is a dead end street! :D

Say what? Mediums . . . hmm, spirit or agar? :lol:

I am truly suspecting that something is happening with his old flame Chelsy Davy. Such a change with that girl. No longer seems bothered with the paps. More publicly visible but still discreet.

Both on a gap year...:whistling:

And she is looking better than ever!;)

You may be onto something, AfricanAUSSIE. :flowers: We shall see.

Now she is back in London, and Harry is flying back to London this coming weekend. Hmmmm....:p

Bet he went to see Chelsy after handing out medals at the marathon.:D

Bet he went to see Chelsy after handing out medals at the marathon.:D

We need a picture of them canoodling over fish'n'chips at a cafe. :flowers:

In fact, Harry's astrology says he should be meeting the 'love-of-his-life' this summer of 2015, or having some life-altering event (of the heart) happen. I always thought the auspices meant that he was getting married this summer, which was why Cressida 'dropping out' was such a surprise.

In fact, the whole BRF has interesting astrological stuff going on right now. Very significant time for them.

OOO, Lady Nimue.. please tell ALL.. we need distraction to occupy the hours/days until Baby Cambridge No 2 makes an appearance !

Do we have any astrological threads for royals somewhere?

I really think that Harry and Chelsy are done, dried and dusted. There won't be any recurrence of all that public affection and long flights between South Africa and England for each of them, not to see each other anyway.

Off topic, I'll bet Uncle Harry was expecting to see a little nephew or niece by the time he arrived back from Australia for the marathon. This baby has taken up squatters rights and is reluctant to move.

Last edited:
I really think that Harry and Chelsy are done, dried and dusted. There won't be any recurrence of all that public affection and long flights between South Africa and England for each of them, not to see each other anyway.

Even though I like the idea of Henry and Chelsy, I too thought the same...that is, until I saw the change in her after her break-up and a 'coincidental' change in their work commitments!:brows:

Yup, I think something is definitely brewing.:bounce:

It was a good interview, and it's clear that Harry is quite relaxed now about finding the right girl. It's great to get his own perspective on his life now and some of the reasons why he decided to leave the army.

I'm glad he's getting good crowds in New Zealand. Harry's a genuine and modest individual, and I do think people respond to that.

It is quite obvious that Harry really loves children. I hope he finds a young lady with whom he can be happy.

If he does find someone he wants to marry and she has a career, will she be allowed to continue pursuit of that endeavor. Hypothetically speaking, if he married Chelsey Davy, who is an attorney, would she be expected/forced to give up her career and take on duties unveiling plaques or planting trees instead. Or is Harry far enough down the line that his wife wouldn't be expected to take on royal duties. I know for a while Sophie continued her original career but got the impression she left it voluntarily after some questionable accounts came to light.

It comes down to conflict of interest I think and much a job can be worked around Royal duties.

I just don't think Harry's wife would be able to, especially when Charles becomes king. Even Sophie found it incredibly difficult.

If say, Harry married a lawyer or an architect what about days to be taken off that she was just expected to attend like the Trooping of the Colour? If lots of clients ask specifically for her to handle their case/project, what would be the reaction of her professional colleagues?

What if she handled a case badly and a client went to the media with complaints? How would that reflect on the firm? Would colleagues and the boss appreciate the business building being besieged by photographers or reporters asking them about their opinion of Duchess ---? What about security? She would have to have ever-present Protection Officers.

I can imagine lots of other reasons why, as a senior royal, especially when Charles comes to the throne, Harry's wife will be much better off in the royal family, supporting her husband and in-laws, especially as Charles and Camilla will be elderly.

He needs a Sophie... Someone who is confident, mature ,has had her own successes and is going into this sometimes surreal lifestyle without rat colored glasses.

Harry is still too close to throne that what his wife does would matter. George and Charlotte are 20+ years from doing any Royal duties so it will be on Charles and his sons with their spouses to carry a lot of the royal focus. Anything where the working spouse could be accused of cashing in on her royal connections would be problematic. Take Chelsy for example, if her firm takes a case from a shady business or person, the Daily Mail would be all over it as Princess represents mobster or super polluter etc.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

She almost certainly can't be an actress/model bohemian or someone with a past like he likes right now. Even in this era of modern British monarchy I can't see him marrying a Mette Marit or Magazine centerfold

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom