Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Chelsy was the right girl at the wrong time (and I have doubts; she seems a restless person) then Cressida was more the right fit for the lifestyle Harry has to live. He can't let too many slip through, though.

I would say so. :flowers: All indications have been that they are friends - have been, are now and will be. Cressida keeps throwing off the scent, and the message is fuzzy at best, but it seems that whatever they have been, they are now friends.

I know that here at TRF this view is not popular, but I think Cressida is a winner. I think Harry lost a real chance to be happy with a perfect fit. That has always been my sense. She's going to be okay. She is making her own way, forging a career. Good for her! Harry is being a friend. Good for him! :flowers:

We really don't know much about Harry's relationship with Cressida, other than their friendship and that they associate in the same circle. I'm not sure we can say she was a "perfect fit."

Harry showing up at Cressida's play reminds me of Edward VII showing up at Lillie Langtry's plays long after their affair had ended.
In their circles you are expected to remain at least cordial after the affair ends and remaining friends is fairly typical. It is the accepted and expected behavior in that set as it was with their parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc.. Zara's godfather was her mother's reputed former lover - Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla's son's godfather was his mother's former lover Charles, for example. Remember when both Chelsy and Cressida attended Melissa Percy's wedding along with Harry? And who can forget that both William and Catherine invited all of their exes to their wedding?

Harry seems firmly into the 'ladies who lunch' type of woman or at least a younger version and always a blonde at that. That is nether bad nor good but as the saying goes if you always do you do you'll always get what you got. Branching out a tad would not hurt a bit.
Hmm, just like the 'Sloan Rangers' of his parents generation. But I think it's a but silly to say that Harry missed his chance. If he had been head over heels in love with her it means nothing if she is not head over heels in love with him! It takes two to make a marriage and as far as Ms Bonas is concerned, it seemed as if her higher profile while dating Harry was definitely publicity that money or a publicist couldn't buy.

I believe that Harry is well aware that marriage to him could be seen as a poisoned chalice and I think that colours a lot of his relationships with women although to be honest, I have only once seen photos of him looking besotted and that was when he was with Ms Davy.

As he moves into a different lifestyle I believe he will widen his circle of acquaintances and that can only be a good thing for Harry and a chance to meet women of a different calibre than those with whom he has mixed so far.

Lady Nimue as is usually the case I agree with you. I think Cress would have added a much needed spark of...I don't know...something to the young BRF. I don't know what she is like as a person, but unless she is simply intolerable my opinion is that Harry missed out there.

Yes. :flowers: Quite so. What do you make of it? Any ideas, Moonmaiden?

This is how I spin it in my own mind: He's too 'young' in a way, or was. (He might have changed since being without her). Whatever transpired, I have a hunch he relied too much on his bachelor buddies to influence him, or he may not have understood how much one has to 'give over' to have a long-standing relationship with a strong woman. (Sneaky suspicion that Cressida is strong, not easily intimidated). That's pure speculation on my part. I know naught of their chemistry, only they do, and the simple fact may be that one or both of them realized that they were not in love. That's fair.

But I will always be puzzled by the relationship - it's near non-existence while being 'official'. Very unusual. Which makes me wonder if it was ever back 'on' would we even know it? ;)

Last edited:
I think Harry will be doing quite a bit a traveling soon; perhaps that will widen the pool of women available to him, and he can choose someone outside the Glosse Posse.
I hope so, anyway.

:lol:Maybe Harry is in love with his cousin Princess Beatrice and just waiting for her to reciprocate.
He clearly gets along with her family. Her family may not object. She knows the royal routine.
It would solve the problem of a career for Beatrice. It would also allow Beatrice to get her hands on her grandmother's jewels and access to some Duchy income for clothes. :royalrobes:

IMO, Beatrice is the only 'big' jewelry wearing royal. It is a shame some people object to cousins marrying but I believe it is not illegal in the U.K.

[This is how I spin it in my own mind: He's too 'young' in a way, or was. (He might have changed since being without her]// Lady Nimue

This. In fact, I think they were both a little too "young" back then but now with some space and perspective they might be able to make a go of it. But sadly it's probably too late to turn back. What's that wonderful line from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar that goes..."there is a tide in the affairs of men..." something. The point is that one must grab the moment when it happens, because when the tide washes back out it will take something important and irreplaceable with it.:ermm:

I also have the sneaking suspicion that her brother's frequent yammering to the press about his sister's "fragile" nature did not help her cause.:sad:

:lol:Maybe Harry is in love with his cousin Princess Beatrice and just waiting for her to reciprocate.
He clearly gets along with her family. Her family may not object. She knows the royal routine.
It would solve the problem of a career for Beatrice. It would also allow Beatrice to get her hands on her grandmother's jewels and access to some Duchy income for clothes. :royalrobes:

IMO, Beatrice is the only 'big' jewelry wearing royal. It is a shame some people object to cousins marrying but I believe it is not illegal in the U.K.

Are you serious ?????? Hope your just having joke

:previous:You're the only one. Anyway, I just pretend I didn't read that suggestion.:eek:

It would be perfectly legal, though I doubt HM would be very happy about it. :lol:

Poor old Dave Clark, (Smiler, as I call him.) Does he just tiptoe off, leaving the lovebirds together?:whistling:

Bea and Harry- Eeurgh ? Granny's approval is still needed for Harry as soon to be 5th in line.

The Harry was to young argument might work for when he was with Chelsy but with Cressie he was in his late 20s turning 30 with 2 tours of Afghanstan duty- he wasn't some 19 or 20 yrs anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

What? And let Sarah back in? :bang:

Bea and Harry- Eeurgh �� Granny's approval is still needed for Harry as soon to be 5th in line.

The Harry was to young argument might work for when he was with Chelsy but with Cressie he was in his late 20s turning 30 with 2 tours of Afghanstan duty- he wasn't some 19 or 20 yrs anymore.

You're right, but I meant emotional/psychological immaturity...not chronological years.

Poor old Dave Clark, (Smiler, as I call him.) Does he just tiptoe off, leaving the lovebirds together?:whistling:

Can you imagine how disappointing it would be for Beatrice to be known as "Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Clark" for the rest of her life ?

Can you imagine how disappointing it would be for Beatrice to be known as "Princess Beatrice, Mrs. Clark" for the rest of her life ?

NOT if she loves him !!!

Lady Nimue
This is how I spin it in my own mind: He's too 'young' in a way, or was. (He might have changed since being without her)

This. In fact, I think they were both a little too "young" back then but now with some space and perspective they might be able to make a go of it. But sadly it's probably too late to turn back. What's that wonderful line from Shakespeare's Julius Caesar that goes..."there is a tide in the affairs of men..." something. The point is that one must grab the moment when it happens, because when the tide washes back out it will take something important and irreplaceable with it. :ermm:

I agree. :flowers: That ship has sailed. Cressida has moved on. The more she has her own life the less likely she would be to willingly stuff it all back into the constraints of a royal life-style, methinks. Unless Harry does something unthinkable and bolts :eek: and is willing to live in Los Angeles, for example, getting a job with a PR firm :cool: while Cressida plies her trade as an actress.

I've written about this before: I think what we saw in Harry was a function of the woman he was with. With Chelsy, a very out-there and gregarious sort (and needy in a kind of way, and I don't mean that negatively, I was the same at her age then), Harry exhibited as he did. It was a very public liaison.

Cressida was a completely different experience, and I think the way it was handled was a reflection of Cressida's personality. The laid-back, less intense public demonstration of connection suited her.

I may be all wrong on this, but that's always been my 'take'. :flowers:

I also have the sneaking suspicion that her brother's frequent yammering to the press about his sister's "fragile" nature did not help her cause. :sad:

But she may well have been 'fragile' back then (though I never read it that way; it seemed to me he was indicating how sensitive his sister is; I found his characterization of his sister very sweet, in fact). Getting involved with Harry at such a young age (just out of the teenage years) may have had its worrisome aspects for a concerned brother/family. She was giving up a lot for Harry if Harry was serious about her and she was falling for him. JMO.

Last edited:
If Harry was to go the cousin route, I am hoping for Lady Gabrielle Windsor. Since he has obviously missed out on my personal faves...the lovely Ladies Rose and Davina.:flowers:

OK, Harry needs to pick up girlfriend soon, as we have all clearly lost our minds....:p

OK, Harry needs to pick up girlfriend soon, as we have all clearly lost our minds....:p

*giggles*

If Harry was to go the cousin route, I am hoping for Lady Gabrielle Windsor. Since he has obviously missed out on my personal faves...the lovely Ladies Rose and Davina.:flowers:

Yes! I like Gabriella very much. She's not much older than Harry, and she's only a second cousin, once removed, so not so close as Beatrice. And she has what I consider to be the most beautiful name of all the family: The Lady Gabriella Marina Alexandra Ophelia Windsor. How good is that!? And she has the grace and beauty to go with the name.

Why? She'd get to keep the "Princess Beatrice" part, and that's the important bit, IMO; i.e. she keeps her own identity. Unless she relinquishes her style and title on marriage, though I don't think she'll do that.

Has the press ever mentioned any Lascelles cousins or Bowes-Lyon cousins as a possibility for Prince Henry?

What is going on ? this 2015 not 1815
All this talk of cousins marrying eeek !!!

Harry and Bea getting married would be like a brother and sister marrying. In other words, incest. I can't imagine that being legal anywhere. I hope this talk is just people being silly. In fact, it would be ridiculous for Harry to marry ANY of his many cousins. That would send the RF back to the days when many royal children were "different" either mentally or physically and I can't imagine HM would like that. I remember people being so happy when Diana came into the family and she wasn't related in any way to the RF and everybody was saying how wonderful it was that the RF was getting "new blood." Catherine has brought in more "new blood" and Harry should do the same.

IIRC Diana was related to the BRF, just not closely.

LaRae

:previous: Exactly. Diana's Royal connections came from the Stuarts(Charles II) not the mostly German Hanoverian line of the current BRF.

I would say the line is a lot less German now... starting with the Queen's mother down to present day.

LaRae

Yes, indeed. A large dose of Scottish blood, a bit of Danish, a touch of Transylvanian (thanks to Queen Mary) and for William and Harry, a large dollop of English Spencer blood.

Marriage between cousins has always been legal in Britain. After all, Victoria and Albert were first cousins and none of their nine children suffered from mental disabilities. As far as Vicky (Empress Friedrich) Alice, Leopold and Louise were concerned, quite the reverse in fact.

I think it will be a while yet before gets into another relationship or even start dating anyone. But, I have a feeling that the changes in his working life will precipitate a new outlook on life and he will meet someone through his new work.

Yes, indeed. A large dose of Scottish blood, a bit of Danish, a touch of Transylvanian (thanks to Queen Mary) and for William and Harry, a large dollop of English Spencer blood.

Marriage between cousins has always been legal in Britain. After all, Victoria and Albert were first cousins and none of their nine children suffered from mental disabilities. As far as Vicky (Empress Friedrich) Alice, Leopold and Louise were concerned, quite the reverse in fact.

And some Russian thanks to Philip's paternal grandmother - a Grand Duchess of Russia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom