Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a plan! Harry should get in contact with Simon Abney-Hastings of Wangaratta, Victoria. Simon's the 15th Earl of Loudoun. His father, the 14th Earl, who came here in 1960, was the subject of Tony Robinson's documentary, "Britain's Real Monarch". The family are descendants of George Plantagenet, Duke of Clarence, who would have been the "real" monarch if Edward IV were illegitimate, as some consider to have been the case.

Simon has no children but he has two older sisters who might have daughters the right age for Harry. :D

And if the Abney-Hastings' can't provide one, Keith Rous, the Aussie Earl of Stradbroke, has 15 children. There might be a suitable gel amongst the younger ones.

Last edited:
I'm sure Harry will have lots of lovely flirtations with several young women when he comes to Australia.

The Press are at it again, though, with hints from unnamed sources (of course) that Harry and Chelsy phone each other nearly every day. Perhaps they do, who knows. The media certainly doesn't.

The Press are practically salivating for the old days to be back, the drinking, the clubs, the public kissing and hugging, the opportunities for photos!

However, I think there's too much water gone under that particular bridge. The things that drove them apart in the first place would emerge again IMO, if they began dating again. He's still a Prince, Chelsy would still dislike that life.

However, I think there's too much water gone under that particular bridge. The things that drove them apart in the first place would emerge again IMO, if they began dating again. He's still a Prince, Chelsy would still dislike that life.

Hmmm. Two words: Charles, Camilla.

Yes, but Harry hasn't had a disastrous first marriage and anyway is a very different character from his father. Charles and Camilla weren't really torn apart by different career objectives and personality clashes when they were young. Camilla fell hard for Andrew Parker Bowles, Charles didn't feel ready for marriage, she might have been unsuitable, etc.etc.

With Chelsy there was always the long distance relationship in the early years plus some rocky times and probable infidelity when they were together, multiple break ups and so on. They were very young, but I'm not convinced they would overcome their differences if they got together now.

Chelsy talk again I see... Uhm I think as long as Harry is single she will come up in this thread again. Sigh
Actually, when I referred to the Harry/Chelsy dynamic versus the Harry/Cressida analogy, I wasn't talking about them getting back together but rather that we haven't seen Harry out with a date looking as happy in the company of a "wife" contender as he did with Chelsy.

I think we would all like to see him happily dating a lovely woman and looking like he is enjoying life rather than looking like he's contemplating root-canal tomorrow.

I personally like the Chelsy/Harry match!

IMO, Harry is too much of a playboy to get married. If he ever does decide to get married it will not be until he is in his 40s.

How can Harry get quickly married if he is (at the moment) single?And even in the case he had a girlfriend I think he would date her for 4 or five years before thinking about marriage... I hated it when the press was talking about an imminent engagment when he was "dating" Cressida for barely 2 years, and then nothing happened... And if he will get married in his 40s or 50s I don't see anything wrong with that... I wish him to find his soul mate, no matter how old he will find her. Some people seem to suggest he should marry the first girl he sees in the street, just for the sake of being married. And if he will remain single, I still don't see it as an issue. IMO

How can Harry get quickly married if he is (at the moment) single?And even in the case he had a girlfriend I think he would date her for 4 or five years before thinking about marriage... I hated it when the press was talking about an imminent engagment when he was "dating" Cressida for barely 2 years, and then nothing happened... And if he will get married in his 40s or 50s I don't see anything wrong with that... I wish him to find his soul mate, no matter how old he will find her. Some people seem to suggest he should marry the first girl he sees in the street, just for the sake of being married. And if he will remain single, I still don't see it as an issue. IMO

I don't have a problem with Harry marrying later in life per se, but he says he wants children so he should get serious about settling down. I guess he could marry a younger woman but there is no guarantee that waiting a few more years will help him find someone with whom he can be happy.

Harry needs to evaluate what is important in his life. If he wants a family, he needs to give up the bachelor lifestyle. I think it will be easier if he gives it up soon. He is fine for right now but if he'll start to look pathetic if he continues the partying into his middle-age.

I don't think that getting married after 2 years (or even 1 year) is unreasonable. It doesn't matter how a couple dates as long as they know each other, are compatible, and share the same goals.

I don't have a problem with Harry marrying later in life per se, but he says he wants children so he should get serious about settling down. I guess he could marry a younger woman but there is no guarantee that waiting a few more years will help him find someone with whom he can be happy.

Harry needs to evaluate what is important in his life. If he wants a family, he needs to give up the bachelor lifestyle. I think it will be easier if he gives it up soon. He is fine for right now but if he'll start to look pathetic if he continues the partying into his middle-age.

I don't think that getting married after 2 years (or even 1 year) is unreasonable. It doesn't matter how a couple dates as long as they know each other, are compatible, and share the same goals.

Yes but uhm let's say he has to fall in love first? why would people marry if not for love? And one cannot try to fall in love or simply do it. It happens, that's all:whistling:. You are right about his lifestyle but as long as he is a bachelor I see no reason why he should stop clubbing or going to disco...

Besides, Prince Albert of Monaco had children even at 56, so I see no problems here again. (I didn't want to draw a comparison but merely to point out that he is 30 not 60)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but uhm let's say he has to fall in love first? why would people marry if not for love? And one cannot try to fall in love or simply do it. It happens, that's all:whistling:. You are right about his lifestyle but as long as he is a bachelor I see no reason why he should stop clubbing or going to disco...
I am in total agreement. In fact I would go further and say that sometimes, when it's right, it's right and waiting an extra year or so to "know her well" is a big turn off. Okay, so his parents divorced, so did his Aunt and one of his Uncles, so that it not an uncommon situation even in his family, but what say he meets up with someone he knew years ago and suddenly, it's love?

Are they supposed to hang around four or five years to "prove their love" (to whom?) or just spring for a ring like the simple folk do. I do not understand this idea that they have to be an item for several years, shack up for a few more and then have a big white wedding. Ugh, that is just soooo shallow.

(More than) a few years ago three of my friends got married. The first had been living together for eight years, the second for five and the third for eighteen months. The interesting thing was that all three marriages lasted less than two years, and that's including the separation. I asked them each what went wrong and they each replied that "everything changed once they got married"!

So to me living together means nothing because basically, you can't practice being married, and all the baggage that comes with it. Expectations, theirs and their familes, lifestyles, if or when they want children . . . etc. So, what if Harry springs a surprise fiance on us?

Besides, Prince Albert of Monaco had children even at 56, so I see no problems here again. (I didn't want to draw a comparison but merely to point out that he is 30 not 60)

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear that I would like to see Harry settle down with a woman he loves. The question is whether his current lifestyle is conducive to meeting a woman with whom he wants to spend the rest of his life. It may be, but it hasn't worked so far.

Of course, men are fertile longer than women, but waiting much longer would mean that he has to fall in love with a much younger woman. It is certainly possible, but it is also possible that he'll fall in love someone his own age, and if that happens when he is 40 or even 50, having biological children the will be challenging. Also, male fertility does decline with age.

Harry could decide to adopt or perhaps he will become a stepfather. Either would be fantastic--if it is what he wants.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear that I would like to see Harry settle down with a woman he loves. The question is whether his current lifestyle is conducive to meeting a woman with whom he wants to spend the rest of his life. It may be, but it hasn't worked so far.

Of course, men are fertile longer than women, but waiting much longer would mean that he has to fall in love with a much younger woman. It is certainly possible, but it is also possible that he'll fall in love someone his own age, and if that happens when he is 40 or even 50, having biological children the will be challenging. Also, male fertility does decline with age.

Harry could decide to adopt or perhaps he will become a stepfather. Either would be fantastic--if it is what he wants.
Note to all future potential older spouses of Prince Harry - best to freeze a couple of eggs now in case later in life fertility becomes necessary:whistling:

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-...rry-and-ex-chelsy-davy-talk-nearly-every-day/

Case of the Ex: Prince Harry and newly single ex Chelsy Davy 'drawn back together' - Independent.ie

I actually believe that these "reporters" troll the forums to get fodder to right about. Wouldn't surprise me if the "sources" were people like us posting speculation!!

I also have a theory on Chelsy's break-up. :bounce:

There were reports by the media that expectations had arisen of her pending engagement...She spoke to a reporter at a function strongly (with a certain amount of anger I think) denying those reports. Shortly after that she breaks up.

I think her denial, indeed, the manner of her denial may have upset her boyfriend or perhaps even his family. It could be that it forced them to re-think their relationship. Pronto! Relationship over.:brush:

Hehehe!;)

Well, but I think that the preoccupation with Harry being single is too much IMO:eek:. I think we should not think about the future and wonder "What if he marries at forty? Will he be infertile? What if he will remain a bachelor? About his lifestyle: Many royal men had a similar life pace, being playboys and having fun, then suddenly they "settled down" as you say. So I guess that if or when he will find his soul mate he will do the same...

MARG: (Sorry but I don't know how to quote more that one post:bang:) I think you have a different opinion than me because I said I think a certain tine fram before jumping to a wedding would be necessary, (at least for me):flowers: Maybe you quoted a wrong part of my post?:flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: I'm sorry but I object to giving Cressida her most calculated goal; more attention from the public.

MARG: (Sorry but I don't know how to quote more that one post:bang:) I think you have a different opinion than me because I said I think a certain tine fram before jumping to a wedding would be necessary, (at least for me):flowers: Maybe you quoted a wrong part of my post?:flowers:
I was agreeing that he should be allowed to marry for love. We differ on time frames. :flowers:

Well, but I think that the preoccupation with Harry being single is too much IMO:eek:. I think we should not think about the future and wonder "What if he marries at forty? Will he be infertile? What if he will remain a bachelor? About his lifestyle: Many royal men had a similar life pace, being playboys and having fun, then suddenly they "settled down" as you say. So I guess that if or when he will find his soul mate he will do the same...

I see what you are saying but Harry has said that he wants to have a family. It's possible he's changed his mind and has decided to remain a bachelor, but if he does want to get married and have children, he probably needs to consider how to best meet someone who will be compatible and fit in with his role as a high-profile member of the royal family. His challenge is not easy.

I hope he does find someone as I always feel sorry for Andrew when the whole family are at ceremonies and he walks alone. Usually he has his daughters but not all the time and then he is by himself.

I agree that it is hard for Harry to find someone who is going to be willing to give up their whole lives for royal service. You don't know how important your anonymity is until you lose it. Edward said that when he first met Sophie and pleaded to the press to leave her alone as he had seen what the press can do.

I hope he does find someone as I always feel sorry for Andrew when the whole family are at ceremonies and he walks alone. Usually he has his daughters but not all the time and then he is by himself.

I agree that it is hard for Harry to find someone who is going to be willing to give up their whole lives for royal service. You don't know how important your anonymity is until you lose it. Edward said that when he first met Sophie and pleaded to the press to leave her alone as he had seen what the press can do.

Harry wants to marry and have children, but it is not easy to find a person who is available to leave everything to marry him and of course that is the height of belonging to the British Royal Family.

I wish he marries a princess of a royal house not reigning as Germany or the Princess Theodora of Greece :flowers: , or with a British nobleman.

I wish he marries a princess of a royal house not reigning as Germany or the Princess Theodora of Greece :flowers: , or with a British nobleman.

I don't see the point of that (marrying someone from a royal house that is not reigning. That means just another commoner, right? Might as well marry a commoner in the first place).

He might marry into the British aristocracy, but that would be mostly because those are the circles he moves in.

I don't see the point of that (marrying someone from a royal house that is not reigning. That means just another commoner, right? Might as well marry a commoner in the first place).

Depends on the point of view, I guess. The British Royal Family regard their non-reigning counterparts as Royals. The Duchess of Cambridge even curtsied to the Crown Princess of Romania at the Diamond Jubilee Lunch, which had many non-reigning Royals in attendance.

If we're talking about Prince Harry and a Princess from a non-reigning House, here's a picture of him with Princess Maria Beatriz of Orleans-Braganza, a niece of the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, taken in Rio de Janeiro, in 2012 (the Princess is the girl on the right):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LmwXLtsF6...AACNA/hqO-B4TYcE0/s1600/principdedentrooo.jpg

Last edited:
If we're talking about Prince Harry and a Princess from a non-reigning House, here's a picture of him with Princess Maria Beatriz of Orleans-Braganza, a niece of the Head of the Imperial House of Brazil, taken in Rio de Janeiro, in 2012 (the Princess is the girl on the right):

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LmwXLtsF6...AACNA/hqO-B4TYcE0/s1600/principdedentrooo.jpg

OmiGosh! The red-eye! :p Clearly not a professionally taken photograph! ;)

The Princess looks lovely. Her family would likely be up for it and she seems to be his physical type. Dare we hope?

Last edited:
OmiGosh! The red-eye! :p Clearly not a professionally taken photograph! ;)

The Princess looks lovely. Her family would likely be up for it and she seems to be his physical type. Dare we hope?

One problem however.

The Brazilian royal house would only allow the marriage IF Harry converted to Roman Catholicism and thus gave up his own right to the British throne.

Are there any eligible young daughters of Scottish noblemen that might be a possible wife for Henry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom