The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 12:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I'm surprised you think that Cressida would still have a chance. I've personally never seen a great relatinship or affinity between them...
It is just a personal interpretation of the interaction I saw between Harry and Cressida on pictures or videos.
I always thought the reason for the 'cool attitude' between Harry and Cressida was not so much about the absence of feelings between them, but more about both trying not to show so much feelings in public to avoid speculation in the press about an "engagement and wedding" and therefore putting pressure on a budding relationship. (Although there were initimate hugs on the ski slopes of Verbier).
It did not help ofcourse because as soon as Harry is seen with a girl, speculation is unavoidable.
But again, that was my personal feeling.

Old 12-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Gentry

Well, I guess no one here has a crystal ball to know who Harry is getting married, but I think Cressida impossible! She wants to be an actress and is investing in this, she seeks fame and artistic rise, so it is no wife to him. I have my opinion on who he is, but I'll keep my mouth shut, because I have no more patience for boring discussions

Old 12-01-2015, 03:09 PM
Courtier

You know who he is? LOL, do tell
Old 12-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
You know who he is? LOL, do tell

According to the last posts of Cat, I would guess she means Antonia Packard.
Old 12-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Courtier

^Ah, the super secret girlfriend... Merci.
Old 12-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

It would be a dull discussion with no proof
Old 12-02-2015, 08:42 AM
Commoner

I think that Harry will marry me
Old 12-02-2015, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
It is just a personal interpretation of the interaction I saw between Harry and Cressida on pictures or videos.
I always thought the reason for the 'cool attitude' between Harry and Cressida was not so much about the absence of feelings between them, but more about both trying not to show so much feelings in public to avoid speculation in the press about an "engagement and wedding" and therefore putting pressure on a budding relationship. (Although there were initimate hugs on the ski slopes of Verbier).
It did not help ofcourse because as soon as Harry is seen with a girl, speculation is unavoidable.

Funny how impressions can differ... I'vel always had the feeling that the couple lacked something: chemistry. I've always even been skeptical about calling them " a couple"... the looked more like "friends with benefits" if you ask me...
Old 12-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Serene Highness

I personally think Harry has his cake and is eating it to right now... the Friends with benefits relationship with ladies he gets along really well with but is not ready for the alter right now or is just waiting for the right one to come along but not to urgent about it.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post

That would make sense if it was William, who with Kate went out of their way not to seem like they were together early on or show public affection. However, Harry with Chelsy didn't really hide her away. Look at the Concert for Diana, she is right next to him. He kissed her in public while Kate, already back together with William, was in the rows behind William.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Old 12-03-2015, 03:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
That would make sense if it was William, who with Kate went out of their way not to seem like they were together early on or show public affection. However, Harry with Chelsy didn't really hide her away. Look at the Concert for Diana, she is right next to him. He kissed her in public while Kate, already back together with William, was in the rows behind William.

I've always suspected that Chelsy/Harry & the press was more a function of Harry's naďveté and more open outgoing personality compared to William's more guarded approach towards the press. Plus Catherine and her family where always very discreet despite the ugly things printed about them - undoubtedly following William's lead. Chelsy's family was also tight lipped about Harry. Cressida's family/friends were more vocal.
W/ Cressida I think Harry was trying to be more discreet, hence the lack of PDAs compared to Chelsy.
W/ no. 3, whomever she turns out to be, perhaps we'll see even more guarded behavior from Harry.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
I've always suspected that Chelsy/Harry & the press was more a function of Harry's naďveté and more open outgoing personality compared to William's more guarded approach towards the press. Plus Catherine and her family where always very discreet despite the ugly things printed about them - undoubtedly following William's lead. Chelsy's family was also tight lipped about Harry. Cressida's family/friends were more vocal.
W/ Cressida I think Harry was trying to be more discreet, hence the lack of PDAs compared to Chelsy.
W/ no. 3, whomever she turns out to be, perhaps we'll see even more guarded behavior from Harry.
I think we are seeing (present tense) more guarded behavior.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sndral View Post
We'll probably see a little bit of both with the next one. The last one almost bored him to death that he didn't bother taking the on and off, long distance route. He is more confident in deciding when something doesn't work out, then it's best to leave it behind.
Old 12-04-2015, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

^ I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but I do wonder if Kirsty Ennis, the brave young American sergeant who participated in the Walk through Britain, is being a little naive.

Let me explain. After she went back to the US Kirsty, who as you know is blonde and pretty and has a serious relationship with her boyfriend, had her leg amputated. She has of course been in terrible pain.

On her Twitter Page she says she is so grateful for her good friends who keep up her spirits. She has also mentioned quite often that Harry (as in Prince Harry) has kept in touch and is lending his encouragement in her recovery.

Kirsty has posted on Instagram a large box of beautifully packaged cookies she received, together with an accompanying handwritten note from Harry, urging her to keep her spirits up and that he will see her in Orlando, (Florida, home of the Invictus Games.)

Now, I'm sure there is no romantic spark at all between them, just a great friendship, but I'm just wondering whether it is completely wise to advertise their friendship in this way on her Facebook Page. It's already drawn some interest from posters on the Internet and where Tumblrs etc are, the dreaded tabloids including the Daily Fail, aren't far behind, as we know.
Old 12-04-2015, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
^ I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but I do wonder if Kirsty Ennis, the brave young American sergeant who participated in the Walk through Britain, is being a little naive.

Let me explain. After she went back to the US Kirsty, who as you know is blonde and pretty and has a serious relationship with her boyfriend, had her leg amputated. She has of course been in terrible pain.

On her Twitter Page she says she is so grateful for her good friends who keep up her spirits. She has also mentioned quite often that Harry (as in Prince Harry) has kept in touch and is lending his encouragement in her recovery.

Kirsty has posted on Instagram a large box of beautifully packaged cookies she received, together with an accompanying handwritten note from Harry, urging her to keep her spirits up and that he will see her in Orlando, (Florida, home of the Invictus Games.)

Now, I'm sure there is no romantic spark at all between them, just a great friendship, but I'm just wondering whether it is completely wise to advertise their friendship in this way on her Facebook Page. It's already drawn some interest from posters on the Internet and where Tumblrs etc are, the dreaded tabloids including the Daily Fail, aren't far behind, as we know.
My guess is that she has a PR person telling her to pump the Harry angle, a book in the works, wants to get on the news shows, then the talk shows and then on a reality TV show. It's the American dream to be famous enough to live off adverts on your social media pages.
Sorry to be so cynical. It's just that kind of morning.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Heir Apparent

That scenario isn't that unbelievable. One of the guys who stopped the train terror attack got on Dancing with the Stars and made it all the way to the finals. She attractive, has a good story. Harry raises her profile.

There were 3 females on the WWTW South Pole teams and we really didn't hear about them.

Old 12-04-2015, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
My guess is that she has a PR person telling her to pump the Harry angle, a book in the works, wants to get on the news shows, then the talk shows and then on a reality TV show. It's the American dream to be famous enough to live off adverts on your social media pages.
Sorry to be so cynical. It's just that kind of morning.
I agree with the first part. Not the rest. Because she is doing motivation speaches and trying to be a voice for recovery and stuff. So I think she is using the chance to reach as many as possible. I don't see it as riding the coattails, more like gracefully taking advantage of a big wave that happened to show up.
Old 12-04-2015, 01:30 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
To be honest, I think this woman isn't out for anything besides making her own life matter. She has enough to deal with in her life without going after fame, fortune and ugly comments in the Daily Fail. I'm sure that her social media pages are gaining followers (I first heard of and signed onto Facebook when Michael Phelps mentioned he had one in 2004) and these are people that are interested in Kirsty and what is going on with her.

This is a woman that just had her leg amputated. I didn't have such drastic surgeries but some that required a summer in bed without walking. You look for things to do to keep you occupied. I learned to type. With friends and family all needing updates on how she's doing, and of course having drawn a following with her UK trek with Walking With The Wounded, I find it very ordinary and without any kind of suspicious motive that she would write and share what she's going through. Harry sending her encouragement and support and cookies is so very Harry. Harry has found a very committed woman for a friend and should Kristy do anything like talk shows, interviews and whatnot, I'll bet my last pot pie that the focus will not be on her alone but on the trials and tribulations of wounded service personnel. What would happen if it was Harry and Harry alone that was responsible to get the word to everyone about the Invictus Games? It wouldn't happen. The more people that get out there and talk about it, the better chances of great success.

Also, I think that seeing Harry and attending the Invictus Games is a pretty good goal to have in recovery and to push on through physical therapy and whatever else Kirsty needs to do to make it there for the games.

I sense no overblown ego in this woman at all nor do I believe that she needs PR to package herself nor does she aim to be anyone other than the person she is. Remember, she didn't do that walk in Britain for herself but for those that didn't make it back.

This is the sort of woman I would love to see Harry meet and spend the rest of his life with.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-04-2015, 01:39 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
To be honest, I think this woman isn't out for anything besides making her own life matter. She has enough to deal with in her life without going after fame, fortune and ugly comments in the Daily Fail. I'm sure that her social media pages are gaining followers (I first heard of and signed onto Facebook when Michael Phelps mentioned he had one in 2004) and these are people that are interested in Kirsty and what is going on with her.

This is a woman that just had her leg amputated. I didn't have such drastic surgeries but some that required a summer in bed without walking. You look for things to do to keep you occupied. I learned to type. With friends and family all needing updates on how she's doing, and of course having drawn a following with her UK trek with Walking With The Wounded, I find it very ordinary and without any kind of suspicious motive that she would write and share what she's going through. Harry sending her encouragement and support and cookies is so very Harry. Harry has found a very committed woman for a friend and should Kristy do anything like talk shows, interviews and whatnot, I'll bet my last pot pie that the focus will not be on her alone but on the trials and tribulations of wounded service personnel What would happen if it was Harry and Harry alone that was responsible to get the word to everyone about the Invictus Games? It wouldn't happen. The more people that get out there and talk about it, the better chances of great success.

Also, I think that seeing Harry and attending the Invictus Games is a pretty good goal to have in recovery and to push on through physical therapy and whatever else Kirsty needs to do to make it there for the games.

I sense no overblown ego in this woman at all nor do I believe that she needs PR to package herself nor does she aim to be anyone other than the person she is. Remember, she didn't do that walk in Britain for herself but for those that didn't make it back.

This is the sort of woman I would love to see Harry meet and spend the rest of his life with.
I agree with this whole post!
Old 12-04-2015, 02:25 PM
Serene Highness

I do as well. Very thoughtful and also very kind.

Closed Thread