The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #881  
Old 09-28-2015, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 2,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Glimpses of looking like Diana is harmless enough. However, if he inherited any of her volatility (the Spencer gene for temper and what-have-you), Harry has a lot he needs to get in hand before any woman (in this day) will or would put up with for even the (dubious) grace of a title and big house in the country.

I do wonder why you had to make that comment about Diana when there was no need. I thought I wouldn't reply as it only starts the anti Diana team to spring into action. But I have to admit it got the better of me. It would be nice if just for once someone could make an innocent remark of Diana and it just be left at that. MO


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
__________________

  #882  
Old 09-29-2015, 01:51 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
I do wonder why you had to make that comment about Diana when there was no need. I thought I wouldn't reply as it only starts the anti Diana team to spring into action. But I have to admit it got the better of me. It would be nice if just for once someone could make an innocent remark of Diana and it just be left at that. MO
Need is not really an issue, is it? When it comes to all we say here, anyway. My wondering is honest. It is a question I have when I watch him. Where is Diana? It's always stated that his people-skills stem from her. So I wonder about other character traits. Sorry if the musing unsettled you.
__________________

__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #883  
Old 09-29-2015, 08:54 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,234
There's volatility in the Windsors as well. King George VI was known for his 'gnashes', King George V was often angry with his family, and Prince Charles is rumoured to have a bad temper as well. If Harry or William have bad tempers, there's enough blame to put on both sides of the family.
  #884  
Old 09-29-2015, 08:57 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,648
Then there's the DoE...he's known to have a sharp/quick temper.



LaRae
  #885  
Old 09-29-2015, 08:59 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 5,648
Princess Ann is known to be similar to the DoE.


LaRae
  #886  
Old 09-29-2015, 11:15 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,860
OK! I think we can all agree that Harry is a chip off the old Mountbatten block and doesn't suffer fools gladly. The only real difference is how they each deal with said fools.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #887  
Old 09-30-2015, 09:05 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 891
Anyone besides me wonder why Chelsy has disappeared? Not usual for her to be 'off air' from social media for this length of time. Jacobi at least lets things leak a bit...
  #888  
Old 09-30-2015, 10:37 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Anyone besides me wonder why Chelsy has disappeared? Not usual for her to be 'off air' from social media for this length of time. Jacobi at least lets things leak a bit...
What's curious is all the news that said she was arranging his birthday party, etc., and then nothing. What surprised me was the level of animus against Chelsy that began to seep out when it seemed she was back in play. That's what I recall from her heyday. Chelsy was really not given an easy time (what woman, only two, has had a pleasant time of it, come to that?)

Methinks the tabloids were playing games, stirring the pot, making things up. Creating smoke where there was no fire. For some tabloid fun.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #889  
Old 09-30-2015, 11:50 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 4,756
It's been said around that Chelsy had her summer of fun but has lately been doing some legal work in South Africa, so you might not see her around London so much.
  #890  
Old 09-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Chimene's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
What's curious is all the news that said she was arranging his birthday party, etc., and then nothing. What surprised me was the level of animus against Chelsy that began to seep out when it seemed she was back in play. That's what I recall from her heyday. Chelsy was really not given an easy time (what woman, only two, has had a pleasant time of it, come to that?)

Methinks the tabloids were playing games, stirring the pot, making things up. Creating smoke where there was no fire. For some tabloid fun.
I think it's only the UK press aka the tabloids that that hate Chelsy.
  #891  
Old 09-30-2015, 04:00 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 6,063
I think Harry is single or may just be in the early stages of a date. Today he declared he has not "plan of settle down now". "Business as usual". Hope it can cut short all the speculations.

From Niraj Tanna (and I saw other tweets as
well)

Niraj Tanna ‏@IkonPictures 2 h

Prince Harry tells @EwartRoyale he has no plans of settling down yet and business is as usual. So 2016 engagement? Wedding 2017?
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #892  
Old 09-30-2015, 05:21 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,326
How would he make plans to settle down with someone when he's not in a relationship? Maybe I'm missing something.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #893  
Old 09-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Hendrik-Jan77's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
How would he make plans to settle down with someone when he's not in a relationship? Maybe I'm missing something.

I still put my money on Cressida.
__________________
HRH
  #894  
Old 09-30-2015, 05:26 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 9,445
I think that Harry was most likely just quaffing any kinds of speculation that he's actually in a relationship right now (with his 2 exes and otherwise) and his life is full of things that he wants to be doing in both his private and royal roles.
__________________
“In my walks, every man I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from him.”
~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
  #895  
Old 09-30-2015, 05:58 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 13,326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
I still put my money on Cressida.
Are we talking about the same Cressida that was seen enjoying a relationship with another young man?

As I said before, Chelsy and Cressida will be the only two ladies everyone will be able to think about in terms of Harry's future bride until he's actually seen (publically) in a new relationship. I think it would be a good thing when that comes along because the whole conversation has gone stale. Harry has been far too busy to even strike up a relationship.
__________________
"WE CANNOT PRAY IN LOVE AND LIVE IN HATE AND STILL THINK WE ARE WORSHIPING GOD."

A.W. TOZER
  #896  
Old 09-30-2015, 06:05 PM
cat cat is offline
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 81
He is right, he has only 31 years old and women throwing themselves at him from all sides, he has to enjoy life
  #897  
Old 10-01-2015, 07:45 PM
Hendrik-Jan77's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Arnhem, Netherlands
Posts: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Harry has been far too busy to even strike up a relationship.

If he is too busy for a relationship, then perhaps half of the world population could not strike up a relationship...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Are we talking about the same Cressida that was seen enjoying a relationship with another young man?

We don't actually know if there was a relationship between Cressida and Holcroft. They were seen together a couple of times in public, that's all. But if true, there are several reports that this 'relationship' is over and Cressida is single again.
__________________
HRH
  #898  
Old 10-01-2015, 08:29 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,894
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendrik-Jan77 View Post
If he is too busy for a relationship, then perhaps half of the world population could not strike up a relationship...
Most of the world's population doesn't require security protocols and an escape plan to grab a cup of coffee with someone they met on a dating site.

Harry's means of meeting women are limited by his position (Can you imagine him trying to meet someone online?) and further limited by the restrictions on how the relationship needs to be handled.

Private house parties are about the only safe way for him to keep women out of the press... and I imagine it would be terrible for a woman to go on one date with him and then have the press camped out at their apartment for months after, speculating about a possible wedding.
  #899  
Old 10-01-2015, 10:20 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 3,030
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I think Harry is single or may just be in the early stages of a date.
Whatever he is doing, I think two factors will always (maybe) be so: he is not 'single' in the sense of no girlfriend of whatever seriousness is not around for him (there has to be a someone around imo), but we will never see any woman publicly and officially unless he is sure enough to feel she may be 'the one'.

Both his acknowledged relationships had a curve: Chelsy was a very public event, then Cressida was extremely discreet. Niether was a good experience for either woman, so now we will know nothing. There will be public duties, but nothing more tantalizing. Just an idea.

BTW, wasn't 'David' the one who had a very active social life in the 1920's and 30's but no hint of it escaped to the newspapers? Am I correct? Not even Mrs Simpson was known about, at least early on and in the UK. I know we live in a very different world and boundaries are not respected, but might it be possible that Harry has a very private life, being kept very separate from his public duties? Just a thought.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #900  
Old 10-01-2015, 10:51 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Whatever he is doing, I think two factors will always (maybe) be so: he is not 'single' in the sense of no girlfriend of whatever seriousness is not around for him (there has to be a someone around imo), but we will never see any woman publicly and officially unless he is sure enough to feel she may be 'the one'.

Both his acknowledged relationships had a curve: Chelsy was a very public event, then Cressida was extremely discreet. Niether was a good experience for either woman, so now we will know nothing. There will be public duties, but nothing more tantalizing. Just an idea.

BTW, wasn't 'David' the one who had a very active social life in the 1920's and 30's but no hint of it escaped to the newspapers? Am I correct? Not even Mrs Simpson was known about, at least early on and in the UK. I know we live in a very different world and boundaries are not respected, but might it be possible that Harry has a very private life, being kept very separate from his public duties? Just a thought.
I have no doubt that there's a private life we don't know about when it comes to Harry. It doesn't even have to be anything drastic, just whatever he wants to keep out of the public eye. I think that more than likely, Harry learned from William how to keep romance as private as possible, especially if it's something serious. Right now, it appears to be 'business as usual'; he's doing his engagements, and keeps the public speculation about his romance alive by staying 'single' (whatever that means for him).



Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions JessRulz Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 421 04-26-2012 06:01 AM




Popular Tags
archduchess marie astrid aristocracy best outfit birthday carl gustaf chris o'neill crown princess mary crown princess victoria current events denmark duke of york earl of snowdon general news hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume infanta cristina infanta leonor infanta sofia italy iñaki urdangarín king felipe king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander letizia liechtenstein monarchy morgan news picture of the week prince alexander prince carl philip prince daniel prince felix prince gabriel prince harry prince liam prince nicholas prince oscar princess beatrice princess claire of luxembourg princess estelle princess leonore princess madeleine princess mary current events princess of asturias princess sofia princess sofia eveningwear princess victoria queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia eveningwear queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes hats queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia state visit stephanie sweden swedish royal family victoria



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:25 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises