The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #861  
Old 09-27-2015, 09:26 AM
cat cat is offline
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 81
I don't know why some people still think Harry with Chelsy can work. They were together for several years, certainly the relationship is worn and when a person was made to the other, they don't separate, even having problems. If they move back together, probably will not work again. The world is so big, I'm rooting for him to find another girl at the right time, without pressure, after all he is still very young.
__________________

  #862  
Old 09-27-2015, 09:47 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,365
As I see it the pool of ladies he would realistically date with potential of a serious relationship are not a large amount ... An unmarried woman near his age wealthy enough to keep up with that lifestyle who will want to or be able to handle what comes with dating. William was a very luck man. Then to boot he has a 'type' he has not deviated from.
__________________

  #863  
Old 09-27-2015, 09:55 AM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
Harry has an expression on his face in that photo (DoM's link) that reminds me of Diana's expressions....it's rare I see anything of Diana in him, just a glimpse here and there.


LaRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
As I see it the pool of ladies he would realistically date with potential of a serious relationship are not a large amount ... An unmarried woman near his age wealthy enough to keep up with that lifestyle who will want to or be able to handle what comes with dating. William was a very luck man. Then to boot he has a 'type' he has not deviated from.
When he gets back and settled I think he'll start looking. Kate couldn't match William's family wealth and really...once they were an item I'm sure he paid for most of the extras. I don't see the money as an issue..if Harry meets someone in his daily life and they live where he lives (the same country)...I don't think they have to be rich to keep up.


LaRae
  #864  
Old 09-27-2015, 10:15 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
When he gets back and settled I think he'll start looking. Kate couldn't match William's family wealth and really...once they were an item I'm sure he paid for most of the extras. I don't see the money as an issue..if Harry meets someone in his daily life and they live where he lives (the same country)...I don't think they have to be rich to keep up.


LaRae
Actually, it always seemed the opposite. The Middletons were always paying for the vacations and lodgings, William just paid his airfare. They still operate the Mustique holidays this way.

When Harry dated Chelsy the Davy's paid for a lot. When he dated Cressida the Bransons provided Necker Island, and shady oligarchs paid for their ski trip.

When William and Harry go on their Spanish hunting trips it's on the Duke of Westminster's dime.

To get involved with Harry you need to be wealthy or you need wealthy friends who are very generous. Of this I'm confident.
  #865  
Old 09-27-2015, 10:33 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,331
They probably have to be rich enough to be in the same place to meet. Kate's family put her and her siblings through a top private school and when she meet William at St Andrews she was able to hold her own with him and his friends because she had a private school background too.

Harry does not have university to meet a wider variety of people. So if you are a single lady in Birmingham working at the Tesco, when are you ever going to meet Harry? But if you are friends of Jake Warren's wife and spend your nights hanging out in the trendy bars and restaurants of Chelsea and Kensington your odds are much greater to meet Harry.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #866  
Old 09-27-2015, 10:35 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
They probably have to be rich enough to be in the same place to meet. Kate's family put her and her siblings through a top private school and when she meet William at St Andrews she was able to hold her own with him and his friends because she had a private school background too.

Harry does not have university to meet a wider variety of people. So if you are a single lady in Birmingham working at the Tesco, when are you ever going to meet Harry? But if you are friends of Jake Warren's wife and spend your nights hanging out in the trendy bars and restaurants of Chelsea and Kensington your odds are much greater to meet Harry.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
This! Good post!
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #867  
Old 09-27-2015, 12:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, United States
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
When he gets back and settled I think he'll start looking. Kate couldn't match William's family wealth and really...once they were an item I'm sure he paid for most of the extras. I don't see the money as an issue..if Harry meets someone in his daily life and they live where he lives (the same country)...I don't think they have to be rich to keep up.


LaRae
Kate infiltrated that circle to meet but her family had enough to go vacationing and clubbing with him. But that didn't stop him from dumping her. It was her loyality and patience that got her the ring.

Being in harry's circle of wealthy friends makes it easier to hang out but to form a strong bond that sets the relationship apart from the onest from past, may require moRe than a black card. If his previous relationships ended or begun based on finances then I'd assume, the right one would have to be on the same level. He probably gets approached by wealthy women who want fame status from their association with him when he's out. He is fine with what he has already so any woman having something similar wouldn't make a difference to his life.I assume that's why he is content with being unattached
  #868  
Old 09-27-2015, 12:29 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: *******, Canada
Posts: 4,381
Considering Harry said just months ago he'd love to have children 'right now' but obviously there is a 'process' involved leads me to believe he isn't content with being unattached. Obviously he can't force things and it won't happen overnight but it seems he is longing for married life.
  #869  
Old 09-27-2015, 12:58 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, United States
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Considering Harry said just months ago he'd love to have children 'right now' but obviously there is a 'process' involved leads me to believe he isn't content with being unattached. Obviously he can't force things and it won't happen overnight but it seems he is longing for married life.
He knows he has a lot of pressure to settle down from the public. He isn't content with people who can't deal with him being single and having to answer questions about kids because of his brother. They want to write about him doing more than enjoying his life as it is, and create rumors to support what they want it to be.
  #870  
Old 09-27-2015, 02:53 PM
Jacknch's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Suffolk/Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 4,925
When you look back on the last few decades, there seems to have been quite a gap of years between the marriages of royal siblings. I can't see Harry getting married for a good few years yet.
__________________
JACK
  #871  
Old 09-27-2015, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,365
You know- it was so much easier 200 or 300 hundred years ago when a eligible Royal Prince or Princess could be expected to marry a cousin... Harry could have married the perfect Royal bride in Beatrice and she could keep on being a senior working princess and everybody wins!
  #872  
Old 09-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
You know- it was so much easier 200 or 300 hundred years ago when a eligible Royal Prince or Princess could be expected to marry a cousin... Harry could have married the perfect Royal bride in Beatrice and she could keep on being a senior working princess and everybody wins!
A lot of times too, the marriage contract was drawn up when the couple it concerned were still wee ones in the cradle. It was more about alliances in times of war, conjoining lands, preserving a bloodline and most of all, power.

Perhaps this is a reason why 200-300 years ago, it was perfectly acceptable for there to be mistresses and lovers. Feelings for each other rarely factored into the reason for a marriage.

I think I prefer how its done now by far. Harry will find the one that's just right for him based on mutual attraction, similar interests and most of all, love.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
  #873  
Old 09-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
Harry has an expression on his face in that photo (DoM's link) that reminds me of Diana's expressions....it's rare I see anything of Diana in him, just a glimpse here and there. LaRae
Glimpses of looking like Diana is harmless enough. However, if he inherited any of her volatility (the Spencer gene for temper and what-have-you), Harry has a lot he needs to get in hand before any woman (in this day) will or would put up with for even the (dubious) grace of a title and big house in the country.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #874  
Old 09-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: bedford, United States
Posts: 1,365
If he had we would have found out long ago I think. Something would have set him off or at least their would be rumors floating around.
  #875  
Old 09-27-2015, 04:27 PM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaryllus View Post
If he had we would have found out long ago I think. Something would have set him off or at least their would be rumors floating around.
Don't assume. We saw some of it once, only once (that I know of). It's there, but we all have our foibles for sure. In his case, unlike Diana, he may only exhibit with his circle who will not break ranks for a moment of tittle-tattle with the press.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #876  
Old 09-27-2015, 05:36 PM
Pranter's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 3,021
Both boys have shown signs of temper (or stubborness) in the past but it seems pretty normal type....I've heard of anything excessive in either though...and the way to press is...I find it hard to believe we wouldn't of heard.


LaRae
  #877  
Old 09-27-2015, 07:02 PM
cat cat is offline
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 81
There are several very rich girls around the world who would love to marry Harry, the rich aren't just in London and Europe. In other countries there are also very rich girls, well born and well educated as Chelsy, Cressida and other girls of the inner circle of Harry's friends. In another forum, a girl said that Harry should marry only with a British, I didn’t understand why and seemed preconception. And I don’t think that's so important, I think what really matters is love, affinity, attraction and companionship, if not, it would be easier an arranged marriage with the daughter of a tycoon or that belonged to a noble family, but we know that this kind of marriage is doomed to failure and I don’t think Harry would accept for his temper, unless he was pressured by his family.
And I don't think he should be in a hurry. He loves to have fun, go to parties, clubs ... will be that he would be willing to give up everything and turn it just a family man?

I also think he should stop to relate to ex girlfriends and with the girls from their circle of friends, it seems boring , tiring, and is even ridiculous, a famous prince, who has the opportunity to meet women of the world whole, be limited to a restricted group and always with the same options. The world is too big !!
  #878  
Old 09-27-2015, 07:14 PM
Osipi's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Posts: 6,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
There are several very rich girls around the world who would love to marry Harry, the rich aren't just in London and Europe. In other countries there are also very rich girls, well born and well educated as Chelsy, Cressida and other girls of the inner circle of Harry's friends. In another forum, a girl said that Harry should marry only with a British, I didn’t understand why and seemed preconception. And I don’t think that's so important, I think what really matters is love, affinity, attraction and companionship, if not, it would be easier an arranged marriage with the daughter of a tycoon or that belonged to a noble family, but we know that this kind of marriage is doomed to failure and I don’t think Harry would accept for his temper, unless he was pressured by his family.
And I don't think he should be in a hurry. He loves to have fun, go to parties, clubs ... will be that he would be willing to give up everything and turn it just a family man?
Oh I totally agree with you cat. This may sound totally weird but I kind of have a picture in my mind of Harry, through his work in and around wounded and disabled service personnel, meets and falls in love with either staff that works along with him or an actual wounded warrior herself.

Its pretty much a given that people will meet like minded souls doing what they love to do best and if Harry should happen to meet someone compassionate and caring enough to give of themselves to others, she's really going to fit right in with Harry's passionate endeavors supporting what he, himself, deems needed to be done.

I really don't think money, background and/or education are big prerequisites in this at all. Harry really doesn't go about flaunting his wealth, likes to be pretty much a regular guy around people and he's surely in no rush to look at educational degrees for his wall. Harry's more a heart and soul kinda guy if you ask me.
__________________
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
  #879  
Old 09-27-2015, 07:38 PM
cat cat is offline
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh I totally agree with you cat. This may sound totally weird but I kind of have a picture in my mind of Harry, through his work in and around wounded and disabled service personnel, meets and falls in love with either staff that works along with him or an actual wounded warrior herself.

Its pretty much a given that people will meet like minded souls doing what they love to do best and if Harry should happen to meet someone compassionate and caring enough to give of themselves to others, she's really going to fit right in with Harry's passionate endeavors supporting what he, himself, deems needed to be done.

I really don't think money, background and/or education are big prerequisites in this at all. Harry really doesn't go about flaunting his wealth, likes to be pretty much a regular guy around people and he's surely in no rush to look at educational degrees for his wall. Harry's more a heart and soul kinda guy if you ask me.
I think like that too. I would love for him to relate to someone he knew in his social works. A mature woman, sensitive ... When he was here in my country, all the people who had the pleasure of meeting him in person said the same things about him, he is simple, humble, not ostentatious and super affordable, I don't believe that wealth is an important requirement for he relate to someone, if he was related only rich girls, it was because they had easier access to him, for middle-class women, it is more difficult to get to him.
  #880  
Old 09-28-2015, 04:48 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,048
I think Osipi and cat are on to something. The woman that catches his attention may not be from his social circle. He's known them all for years but hasn't fallen madly in love. There is no reason to suspect that's going to change anytime soon.

Harry could meet her through his contacts in the military, past and present, or working with his charities, then again just like Fred he could start chatting to a really nice woman in a pub . . .

Love happens when it happens.
__________________

__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions JessRulz Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 421 04-26-2012 06:01 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall's fashion e-mail fashion poll germany grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week poland state visit to norway prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen juliana queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania in oslo royal fashion september 2016 spencers state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises