The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 01-26-2015, 11:04 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,139
People are getting married later, even if they haven't been together for years. There is also no reason that Harry can't marry a woman who has been married before. I hope he finds someone he loves and can live in a fishbowl.
__________________

  #62  
Old 01-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow View Post
If Chelsy didn't want the Royal Life before she isn't going to now. Nothing has changed Harry is still a Prince.
Maybe it's me, but I don't see what's so awful about the Royal Life.
Sure, there's constant scrutiny and loads of criticism.
BUT.
There's also deference and admiration, even adulation. It's a unique position, in a changing world.
Doesn't seem a bad deal to me.
__________________

  #63  
Old 01-26-2015, 11:40 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I don't think that Harry will have trouble marrying someone near his own age. Couples often marry for the first time in their 30s now.
I hope you're right, but I got a bad feeling. He went from women his own age to Princess Eugenie's friends. Next up on the horizon is Lady Louise's friends.
  #64  
Old 01-26-2015, 11:57 PM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: somewhere, Aruba
Posts: 35
I hope they get back together. It would be interesting to see


Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
  #65  
Old 01-27-2015, 12:26 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Maybe it's me, but I don't see what's so awful about the Royal Life.
Sure, there's constant scrutiny and loads of criticism.
BUT.
There's also deference and admiration, even adulation. It's a unique position, in a changing world.
Doesn't seem a bad deal to me.
The scrutiny and criticism is soul searing. The deference and admiration are only present as long as a significant life-straight-jacket is maintained. The loss of freedom and choices is not worth the 'perks', which imo are no 'perks' at all.

The only real benefit is the wealth, but the negatives are too extreme.

In many ways, the life Cressida is attempting to fashion for herself is far more appealing. All the flash and attention (if that's your 'thing') along with the wealth to make one's life easy. In fact, if Cressida plays the game wisely, she could make her bundle over the next few years and be set for life. She could marry well and still have a decent private life, accountable to no one but herself and her family, no nation involved. A better deal imo.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #66  
Old 01-27-2015, 12:34 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Maybe it's me, but I don't see what's so awful about the Royal Life.
Sure, there's constant scrutiny and loads of criticism.
BUT.
There's also deference and admiration, even adulation. It's a unique position, in a changing world.
Doesn't seem a bad deal to me.
I couldn't disagree with you more. There is a reason Chelsy ran for the hills.

It's not so awful for a royal male. They get ignored for the most part, unless they do something really scandalous. The royal women are stalked, harassed, and belittled on a daily basis. For the most trivial of reasons.

Diana, Sarah, Sophie, Camilla and Catherine had to sacrifice their privacy, dignity and arguably their sanity to marry into the BRF.

Look at the last two royal weddings. Mike Tindall vs. Catherine. Mike has multiple DUI's. He publicly cheated on Zara weeks after their wedding. He named dropped The Queen on the playing field to try to get preferential treatment from the referee. Yet boring, harmless, humdrum Catherine gets 500 times the mistreatment that he does.

Adulteress Camilla receives MUCH more abuse than Mark Phillips. Even though his romantic crimes made hers seem like an innocent folly in comparison.

Any woman who marries Harry needs to have teflon skin, or she is in for a world of pain.
  #67  
Old 01-27-2015, 12:45 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 1,878
I always think that despite the drawbacks if you really loved the other person and they supported you there is a chance of a pretty good life.
The work you would do could be extremely fulfilling and you could make a real difference. If it's raising money or bringing awareness to causes there is a lot of good you could do.



Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #68  
Old 01-27-2015, 12:53 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
Any woman who marries Harry needs to have teflon skin, or she is in for a world of pain.
Well put. You fail to mention the calibre of the royal spouse, his character and personality. Plus, is the woman genuinely in love? I think we can say that with Catherine she was (and is) genuinely in love. She was willing to go through fire and she did. In fact, she continues to do so in many ways. But also, and this is most important, she has a family that is her net. (It's why I think Cressida was perfect. In so many ways she checked off all the boxes, except one: he didn't love her 'enough').

Chelsy was youthful lust and infatuation imo. Harry had fun but Chelsy demanded a lot of Harry, as well she should. Keeping in mind that while Chelsy may have liked to party she also has intelligence. In the end, she must have realized that marrying him would be one long heart-ache (he wasn't faithful) with someone with scant intellectual interests. Something is there that makes Harry a poor risk.

With Cressida, she must have demanded a lot, too. Harry would have none of it.

At some point Harry has to meet someone he loves more than himself. If that doesn't happen he will either never marry, or marry a doormat or adventuress.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #69  
Old 01-27-2015, 01:23 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Well put. You fail to mention the calibre of the royal spouse, his character and personality. Plus, is the woman genuinely in love? I think we can say that with Catherine she was (and is) genuinely in love. She was willing to go through fire and she did. In fact, she continues to do so in many ways. But also, and this is most important, she has a family that is her net. (It's why I think Cressida was perfect. In so many ways she checked off all the boxes, except one: he didn't love her 'enough').

Chelsy was youthful lust and infatuation imo. Harry had fun but Chelsy demanded a lot of Harry, as well she should. Keeping in mind that while Chelsy may have liked to party she also has intelligence. In the end, she must have realized that marrying him would be one long heart-ache (he wasn't faithful) with someone with scant intellectual interests. Something is there that makes Harry a poor risk.

With Cressida, she must have demanded a lot, too. Harry would have none of it.

At some point Harry has to meet someone he loves more than himself. If that doesn't happen he will either never marry, or marry a doormat or adventuress.
I agree. Even if the wife/girlfriend has teflon skin, she deserves respect and support from her spouse. I never liked how Harry treated his girlfriends. I had the same complaint about pre 2007 break-up William. Thankfully, William changed. Harry worries me. He's already 30, has been in two serious relationships, and he is still following the same bad patterns. Will he ever be husband material?

I wasn't joking when I mentioned Lady Louise's friends. In 5-10 years I think they will be on his radar. sigh
  #70  
Old 01-27-2015, 01:33 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
I agree. Even if the wife/girlfriend has teflon skin, she deserves respect and support from her spouse. I never liked how Harry treated his girlfriends. I had the same complaint about pre 2007 break-up William. Thankfully, William changed. Harry worries me. He's already 30, has been in two serious relationships, and he is still following the same bad patterns. Will he ever be husband material?

I wasn't joking when I mentioned Lady Louise's friends. In 5-10 years I think they will be on his radar. sigh
Exactly so.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #71  
Old 01-27-2015, 01:35 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Maybe in the time they've been apart, Chelsy has had a rethink and reorganised her priorities. Maybe she has decided that she made a mistake and that a career as a lawyer is not more important than being with the man she loves. *cue violins* Maybe she's decided that she can hack the Royal life.

Seriously. And if she's his Camilla, better for her to realise it now, before either of them gets married to other people, than later.
Hahaha! You are the fountain of wisdom Roslyn. I am with you all the way!!...because I just love that happy ending staff.
  #72  
Old 01-27-2015, 01:40 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Maybe in the time they've been apart, Chelsy has had a rethink and reorganised her priorities. Maybe she has decided that she made a mistake and that a career as a lawyer is not more important than being with the man she loves. *cue violins* Maybe she's decided that she can hack the Royal life.

Seriously. And if she's his Camilla, better for her to realise it now, before either of them gets married to other people, than later.
Thing is, I'm not sure Chelsy really loves Harry in the kind of way that makes marriage feasible, do-able. I think she's far too intelligent for him.

There's a saying: We will do anything for someone we once loved, but love them again. I think it applies here.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #73  
Old 01-27-2015, 01:44 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Grasping at straws but I have never had the sense that Chelsy easily settled into a subsequent relationship after Harry. Weirder things have happened. Harry did ask her to marry him, we are told. The world has moved on, so maybe that same world is ready for a Princess Chelsy. Maybe Chelsy is ready to be royal. As the years wear on it won't get easier for Harry to get a 'nice girl' imo. He wants to marry, he has said, so we'll see.
No secret that I would love to have Chelsy back with Henry, but in reality, the article is really only stating what many of us suspected, which is that she broke up with current boyfriend and has left her employment. Everything else is pure speculation and a recycle of old comments about their relationship.

I imagine they have both changed a great deal and may very well have moved on well and truly. But I keep reading comments of how, whilst she was with her last boyfriend, he hang out with her at friend's weddings. One particular one in Europe recently where comments from workers at the venue stated that he just did not leave her side.

Mmm..
  #74  
Old 01-27-2015, 02:34 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I imagine they have both changed a great deal and may very well have moved on well and truly. But I keep reading comments of how, whilst she was with her last boyfriend, he hang out with her at friend's weddings. One particular one in Europe recently where comments from workers at the venue stated that he just did not leave her side.

Mmm..
That wasn't recent, was it? I thought that whole report was from a couple of years ago? Anyway, it's very interesting. Sounds grim. IMO.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #75  
Old 01-27-2015, 08:46 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,676
To me it has always been obvius that they're done and over...Just hope it ends this speculation
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #76  
Old 01-27-2015, 08:55 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Thing is, I'm not sure Chelsy really loves Harry in the kind of way that makes marriage feasible, do-able. I think she's far too intelligent for him.

There's a saying: We will do anything for someone we once loved, but love them again. I think it applies here.
I think that's been the common theme when people discuss Harry and Chelsy's relationship- "I think she's far too intelligent for him."

I happen to think it may be the other way around. I liked Chelsy, but my opinion doesn't matter, because they both may have ended their relationship for very good reasons.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
  #77  
Old 01-27-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
The scrutiny and criticism is soul searing. The deference and admiration are only present as long as a significant life-straight-jacket is maintained. The loss of freedom and choices is not worth the 'perks', which imo are no 'perks' at all.


That's true, but it only pertains to their public life.
Who knows what it is like for them, behind palace walls?
(Or on the beaches of Mustique, for that matter).

We only see a relatively small portion of their lives; beyond that, they actually seem to have quite a lot of privacy.
  #78  
Old 01-27-2015, 09:59 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think that's been the common theme when people discuss Harry and Chelsy's relationship- "I think she's far too intelligent for him."

I happen to think it may be the other way around.
That's a new one for me. Chelsy's the one who was able to become a lawyer. IMO Good, bad or indifferent in skill, I would say Chelsy far and away surpasses Harry in subtlety of thinking. Just a hunch. That doesn't mean Harry isn't a great guy to be around. He may well be. All the evidence is there that he is. His behavior in public (except for once and we all have bad days) has been impeccable imo. But he may be wanting in certain crucial ways, at least for the one who said 'no'. The other one he tossed so we will never know if in the end she would have said 'no'. (In fact, she may have said 'yes' only to find herself tripped up). All sheer speculation, of course.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #79  
Old 01-27-2015, 10:12 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: st. paul, United States
Posts: 967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
That's true, but it only pertains to their public life.
Who knows what it is like for them, behind palace walls?
(Or on the beaches of Mustique, for that matter).

We only see a relatively small portion of their lives; beyond that, they actually seem to have quite a lot of privacy.
On what planet do they have privacy?

They had the hacking scandal. The nurse hoax (fraud to access private medical records). They had Squidgygate. They are stalked by telephoto lens. Paps hire helicopters to fly over their private homes. Their former staff write tell-alls. Military officials selling their sensitive information to the tabloids. Tracking devices placed on their cars. High speed chases by photogs. Lured into the webs by fake sheiks. Harassed and photographed while trying to get your twelve week scan. A national debate over your weight, looks and breeding. Regular death threats by terrorists and random looneys. That's just the tip of the iceberg. They have the least amount of privacy of any family on the face of the Earth. They are our Truman Show.

As for the Mustique beaches reference, that vacation is paid for by the Middletons. They have been going to the island long before April 29, 2011. Perhaps your real recommendation is that women marry into wealthy families such as the Middletons. I would agree, that makes a lot more sense than marrying into the BRF.
  #80  
Old 01-27-2015, 10:23 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss whirley View Post
As for the Mustique beaches reference, that vacation is paid for by the Middletons. They have been going to the island long before April 29, 2011. Perhaps your real recommendation is that women marry into wealthy families such as the Middletons. I would agree, that makes a lot more sense than marrying into the BRF.
Good point. But I do understand the romance of marrying a Prince. I am a romantic, after all. It's why I am posting on this site. Thing is, I am also a grown woman and am too well acquainted with the realities of married life.
__________________

__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions JessRulz Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 421 04-26-2012 06:01 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit september brunei royal family catherine middleton style christening of prince oscar coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl gustaf king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary and womens rights princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises