The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Four years is quite a long time Skippyboo!

There have been rumours around for years that Harry is dyslexic and this wasn't identified until quite late in his schooling. Nothing has ever been sourced about the possibility,though. Of course Diana struggled academically as well, and yet made a huge impact on the world.

Old 09-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Heir Apparent

To some but not others. What does maybe having dyslexia have to do with how good of boyfriend you are? Whether you put your relationship ahead of your self?

Harry and Chelsy broke up for a reason. Have those reasons magically have changed over the years or are they still there? That for them to decide. And the rest of us to blindly speculate on the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Old 09-13-2015, 11:26 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
If we do get a picture of the two of them together, what is that going to prove anyway? We know that they've remained in contact all these years since they finally broke up, that they know the same people and have mutual friends. We know that Harry has visited the Davys on occasion when he's been in Africa.

If there is a photo and it shows the couple sitting together talking over coffee at some restaurant it proves nothing apart from them meeting and talking. If they are looking into each other's eyes in a blissful way or have their arms round each other it's a different kettle of fish. However at the moment there isn't a photo.

Harry hasn't been in a fountain for years.
I hope we never see a photo tbh. All this back and forth speculation is doing my head in and there hasn't been a photo in years.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:36 AM
Heir Apparent

When I wrote about the dyslexia I was referring to the earlier conversation on here about Harry struggling at school and not being thought of as 'smart' in an academic sense.

People, not just paps, take snaps of celebrities and royals all the time in their off duty hours, via their mobile phones, Lady Nimue. Most of the time the subject doesn't know they're being photographed. I'm not talking about a formal photo of them arm in arm facing the camera. If they have been papped at some coffee place or together in the street it means nothing, whether they knew the photo was being taken or not. And we still don't know if there even is a photograph.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I also think they seem to be a good match at a personal level, but that doesn't mean they will necessarily work as a royal couple. I don't want to compare apples and oranges, but, from my limited knowledge of these matters (as I don't really follow them), Andrew really loved Fergie when they married and, probably, they would rather still be married to each other today if they could. Their marriage, however, didn't work for the Royal Family.
Yes, the marriage didn't work because she openly cheated on him in the most scandalous manner. They may have still loved and forgiven each other, but it was her personal behavior that didn't work out for them, royal family or not.
Old 09-13-2015, 01:38 PM
Gentry

Well, everyone has their opinion and I respect, because, I am not nor want to be the owner of the truth, but I still think that Harry marry Chelsy, he will make a big mistake and may end in divorce within years. I find it hard to insist on a relationship already so worn. I also think that a man like Harry: young prince, gorgeous, rich, who can travel the world and can have any woman he wants, should not rush to get married, and choose well, but it's my opinion only I like him a lot and I want your happiness.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Harry and Chelsy supposedly broke up because she didn't want a life in the BRF. So unless she has come to peace with the fact that he's a royal, I don't see them having a relationship. She seems to enjoy her free-spirited life, as evidenced by the fact that she quit her job last year and has been traveling, partying and hanging with friends. I just don't see her giving that up for a regimented life in the BRF.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

IF they are meant to be together and she does not want royal life, isn't the best solution for them just to live together? Then she's not a royal and gets to avoid the worst of it. They would not even have to announce they are living together. If they want kids, I doubt Harry cares if they're in the line of succession or titled, so why need they marry?
Old 09-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

Because Harry's partner will be A live in girlfriend and his kids illegitimate entitled to absolutely nothing Royal... When goes to the trooping they will what, watch, from the side lines? It is entirely possible he does not want his partner and kids intentionally or not to feel less or left out.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:48 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
If they want kids, I doubt Harry cares if they're in the line of succession or titled, so why need they marry?
Put simply - because the Windsor's aren't the Grimaldi's !
Old 09-13-2015, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
If they are getting back together, maybe he is giving up some things. Maybe Charles has agreed to allow him a life lived partly outside of Britain. Possible.

Being photographed together (if it happens) will change the focus on her. Chelsy (and Harry) know that. For them to be willing to subject Chelsy to that increased scrutiny would suggest that there has been a change. JMO.
I agree, Harry tries to be very careful of exposing his 'dates' to the press - remember all of those venues Cressida attended w/ Eugenie in order to join Harry to throw the press off? If we see a pix of Harry and Chelsy together I too would assume there's more going on than old friends reminiscing.
Regarding Harry 'giving up' some things, both Wales princes adore Africa, I suspect if Harry had not been so close to the throne and so necessary to support his brother he would have happily based himself somewhere in Africa w/ only occasional visits to England/Scotland.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I also think they seem to be a good match at a personal level, but that doesn't mean they will necessarily work as a royal couple. I don't want to compare apples and oranges, but, from my limited knowledge of these matters (as I don't really follow them), Andrew really loved Fergie when they married and, probably, they would rather still be married to each other today if they could. Their marriage, however, didn't work for the Royal Family.
That's certainly the spin Fergie has put on things all these years - in between BFs, of course. Andrew has never said he desired to remarry the woman who flagrantly cheated on him, and has cost him a fortune, he's just never publicly repudiated her fairy tale fantasy.
One big difference between SF and Chelsy is that Chelsy's family is wealthy and Harry is as well. Sarah was never able to live w/in her means and Andrew when married to her did not have a great deal of money.
Another criticism about SF was that she wasn't interested in charitable causes initially (eg she was lazy) and this might be an issue w/ Chelsy - she quit being a lawyer presumably because it was boring and hard work - the Royal/charity gig is much the same, so that could be a real problem, IMO. Note, I'm not criticizing her as a person, just musing that the role of Harry's wife means working for the firm and she may find that to be too boring/confining never mind the relentless scrutiny of the press.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimene View Post
Yes, the marriage didn't work because she openly cheated on him in the most scandalous manner. They may have still loved and forgiven each other, but it was her personal behavior that didn't work out for them, royal family or not.
Agreed, Sarah has never blamed herself or Andrew for the divorce, her spin is that forces beyond their control (eg his family - but not the Queen, who is 'best buddies' w/ Sarah per Sarah's spin) forced her and her Prince Charming apart.
Old 09-13-2015, 03:46 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
IF they are meant to be together and she does not want royal life, isn't the best solution for them just to live together? Then she's not a royal and gets to avoid the worst of it. They would not even have to announce they are living together. If they want kids, I doubt Harry cares if they're in the line of succession or titled, so why need they marry?
I don't think it's necessarily fair to the children to grow up with a label of 'bastard' (and I'm sure some of the press will never let them, or their parents forget that either). Call me old-fashioned, but I believe that children should come after a couple has married. I'll bet Her Majesty would have the same opinion, and won't approve of this kind of arrangement.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 09-13-2015, 04:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

We have seen that a girlfriend or boyfriend doesn't get any status in the BRF until they are engaged. William and Kate, Mike and Zara, Peter and Autumn all lived together before they married

Without the engagement and marriage, no RPOs , no accompanying on Royal engagements or overseas tours.

Old 09-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Royal Highness

double standard?

Did/do either of HM's sons-in-law do royal duties?

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-13-2015, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Mark and Tim have accompanied Anne on tours, engagements, attended services. Tim has been on the balcony with Sophie, Camilla and Kate at Cenotaph. I seen photos of state opening of parliament with Mark and Anne.

I don't know if they ever did solo engagements by themselves. However, neither Mark or Tim have a royal title.

Old 09-13-2015, 05:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Put simply - because the Windsor's aren't the Grimaldi's !
Sorry, I had no idea the Windsors come to the marriage bed virginal.
Old 09-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Majesty

That's what Charles and Camilla were doing before their marriage, and it didn't work out for them because the situation was so indefinite. Camilla wasn't allowed to sit next to Prince Charles at a wedding among their circle, and this was supposed to have been one of the things that spurred on their engagement and wedding. The situation had to be settled in one way or another.

Quote:
Old 09-13-2015, 07:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Sorry, I had no idea the Windsors come to the marriage bed virginal.
That's not the issue though. The more modern BRF is avoiding illegitimate children.

LaRae
Old 09-13-2015, 07:55 PM
Majesty

I think when people make unkind references to Sarah they should remember, that was then and we only know what the Paps spun, and this is now. We could ask Harry of course as he has, and still does, spend time holidaying in the snow with the Yorks. All of them.
Old 09-13-2015, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
That's not the issue though. The more modern BRF is avoiding illegitimate children.

LaRae
How do you know this?