The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #721  
Old 09-12-2015, 11:13 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, United States
Posts: 119
Chelsy Davy's back to give Prince Harry a special birthday | Daily Mail Online

Why wouldn't this be a good opportunity to use his upcoming birthday to write more about the reunion
__________________

  #722  
Old 09-12-2015, 11:41 PM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 891
Hahahahahahahahah!

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Tha's all I have to say.

Chelsy Davy's back to give Prince Harry a special birthday | Daily Mail Online
__________________

  #723  
Old 09-12-2015, 11:49 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,054
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
I think she immature for her behavior ...she seems very childish, I don't like her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Can you give us some verified examples of her immature behavior and/or childishness from a reputable source since I haven't noticed either?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
Thank you for answering for me. I could give many examples of immaturity and childishness of Chelsy. She seems to have nothing in the head, very futile. Harry needs a more mature woman and centered on your side, responsible. Another thing, I heard that the father of Chelsy finances and makes money from hunting and killing of animals in Africa, how can Harry back to her, if he is determined to stop this?
OK Cat, when I asked for a verified example I naturally thought we were talking about now.

Your response was surprising because when you are 22 you can do some pretty daft things. However, she is 29 and that's a whole new ball of wax. As of now she is a well-educated woman earning a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of Cape Town in 2006, and a law degree (LLB) from Leeds University in 2009. So, I imagine she has quite a lot in the head. To be fair, Harry, who she once dated was also daft at 22. They are both not the same as they were when they were 22 or 25 even. We all change and mature and hopefully manage to maintain our sense of humour and I see nothing to make me think otherwise.

As to Chelsy's father, well you can pick your friends but not your relatives. Queen Maxima's father was cordially not invited to her wedding, but the point is, there was a wedding regardless of who or what her father is and was.

Not saying the Harry/Chelsy deal is on again although she did make him laugh and smile a lot.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #724  
Old 09-13-2015, 12:24 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,533
I agree that the difference between 22 and 29 is enormous. At 22 you are really barely out of your teens. By 29 you are who you will be.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #725  
Old 09-13-2015, 12:43 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,222
Chelsy got sloshed quite a bit more after the age of 22, (with and without Harry) and it was reported on. To be fair, though, that was and is standard behaviour in the London clubs they went to.

Harry hasn't been seen falling out of clubs in the past few years either, so he has also grown up.

There seems to be an implication that Harry is as thick as a plank, while Chelsy is a near-genius because she holds a law degree. She is no longer practising law, by the way.

There are plenty of not so smart lawyers around (I was married to one!) Harry graduated from Sandhurst and learned to fly Apache helicopters. So he's no slouch!
  #726  
Old 09-13-2015, 01:34 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,054
Oh I totally agree. I never subscribed to the "Harry's as thick as a plank" brigade. I don't think he liked school much but when he got his chance at Sandhurst it was obvious that he was not thick at all, although many still believe he didn't earn his spot and someone else flew the Apache because Harry is too thick to grasp the concept.

They also said Chelsy ended their relationship because he was too shallow. Such people live in that time and judge him just as they do Chelsy. Falling out of Clubs and into taxis. Now, since Chelsy has degrees people say she's too bright for him . . . go figure.

I think she "grew up a bit earlier than Harry, although that could be just because we saw more of Harry after their break up.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #727  
Old 09-13-2015, 02:05 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 891
I wonder if those who call him dumb are doing so to make William look more intelligent.

I find Henry is more articulate thank his brother. It is that William responds better in the academic world. That system does not suit all and IMO is not an indication of anyone's level of intelligence.

Like Henry, Chelsy seems to be a party girl. An intelligent party girl. After all, she was smart enough to dump Henry when he wasn't up to the grade.
  #728  
Old 09-13-2015, 02:21 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Hahahahahahahahah!

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Tha's all I have to say.

Chelsy Davy's back to give Prince Harry a special birthday | Daily Mail Online
Now wait, AfricanAUSSIE, we haven't seen the two of them photographed together yet. However, your prognostication is looking uncanny. Though the article has some 'inconsistencies'. Looks like a canned piece. We can't be sure it's accurate at this point. JMO.

BTW it occurs to me that Harry's father may be counseling Harry on his choice of wife. It's possible that Charles has stressed the importance of those early connections. Chelsy must be 'comfortable' for Harry if only because she is part of his 'crowd'. I share your view, AfricanAUSSIE, that if these two wind up being together, it's been 'in the works' for a while, a considerable while. But we must wait for the picture.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #729  
Old 09-13-2015, 02:33 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
Chelsy got sloshed quite a bit more after the age of 22, (with and without Harry) and it was reported on. To be fair, though, that was and is standard behaviour in the London clubs they went to.

Harry hasn't been seen falling out of clubs in the past few years either, so he has also grown up.

There seems to be an implication that Harry is as thick as a plank, while Chelsy is a near-genius because she holds a law degree. She is no longer practising law, by the way.

There are plenty of not so smart lawyers around (I was married to one!) Harry graduated from Sandhurst and learned to fly Apache helicopters. So he's no slouch!
I think that after the infamous Vegas trip, which was what - 3 years ago - Harry has learned to tone it down, or to do his partying in more discreet places.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #730  
Old 09-13-2015, 03:40 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,222
Yes, Harry has done quite a bit of growing up in the past three years. I believe he had a good long think about where his life was going in the aftermath of Las Vegas and has really tackled a lot of different projects well ever since.
  #731  
Old 09-13-2015, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Philadelphia, United States
Posts: 3,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat View Post
I think she immature for her behavior ...she seems very childish, I don't like her
Neither do I.

She does remind me of Fergie, in the sense that neither seems suited to Royal life. I really believe that many people who now like Chelsy do so because they have come to dislike Cressida and are pleased she is out of the picture.

But Chelsy is not right either.


If they do reunite, I think they will regret it in the long term.
  #732  
Old 09-13-2015, 05:46 AM
crm2317's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,239
It's funny how people perceive things differently, I see her as someone who seems like good fun and would be approachable.
Harry and Chelsy seem like a good match to me. I believe they have the potential to inject some life and interest into the royal family. A good looking, fun loving couple.
__________________
God Save the House of Windsor
  #733  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:00 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Now wait, AfricanAUSSIE, we haven't seen the two of them photographed together yet. However, your prognostication is looking uncanny. Though the article has some 'inconsistencies'. Looks like a canned piece. We can't be sure it's accurate at this point. JMO.

BTW it occurs to me that Harry's father may be counseling Harry on his choice of wife. It's possible that Charles has stressed the importance of those early connections. Chelsy must be 'comfortable' for Harry if only because she is part of his 'crowd'. I share your view, AfricanAUSSIE, that if these two wind up being together, it's been 'in the works' for a while, a considerable while. But we must wait for the picture.
Yes, we must wait. And it may be that it won't work or that it is not actually happening. But no one is bothering to deny the rumours. And the palace bothered to deny rumours of him and some actress very recently.

Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy spotted together in Africa | Royal | News | Daily Express
  #734  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:02 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fort Lauderdale, United States
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Nimue View Post
Now wait, AfricanAUSSIE, we haven't seen the two of them photographed together yet. However, your prognostication is looking uncanny. Though the article has some 'inconsistencies'. Looks like a canned piece. We can't be sure it's accurate at this point. JMO.

BTW it occurs to me that Harry's father may be counseling Harry on his choice of wife. It's possible that Charles has stressed the importance of those early connections. Chelsy must be 'comfortable' for Harry if only because she is part of his 'crowd'. I share your view, AfricanAUSSIE, that if these two wind up being together, it's been 'in the works' for a while, a considerable while. But we must wait for the picture.
it won't make a difference at the moment if there is a picture in the future. Some of the people who really like the girl will buy it and those who don't ,won't believe it. I'm indifferent towards her so I'd rather wait to see pictures before calling it true or false
  #735  
Old 09-13-2015, 09:22 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,367
Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Neither do I.



She does remind me of Fergie, in the sense that neither seems suited to Royal life. I really believe that many people who now like Chelsy do so because they have come to dislike Cressida and are pleased she is out of the picture.



But Chelsy is not right either.





If they do reunite, I think they will regret it in the long term.

At the time, I thought Chelsy looked like a mess too many times like she just woke up from a bender. Then Cressie came and her and Harry always looked like they weren't even dating. Plus her family kept talking to the press. That made me appreciate Chelsy more because she and Harry had actual chemistry together.

But will it work in the Royal fishbowl. If you are 20 something, you might not know-that Sarah Ferguson was a breath of fresh air when she married Andrew. People liked her because she wasn't prototypical perfectly mannered, coifed, dressed Royal wife. But it all went to downhill after that. Her and Andrew would probably be still married if he was just a regular guy.

The woman marrying a Prince has to give a lot up- privacy, career plus them and their family are under constant scrutiny for what they wear, how they act, etc. The Prince doesn't give up anything.

Also how mature has Harry become in his personal life? Is he going to stay home with gf or is Skippy Inskip calls to say we going to Ibizia and Harry ends up in another fountain again?


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #736  
Old 09-13-2015, 10:30 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,222
If we do get a picture of the two of them together, what is that going to prove anyway? We know that they've remained in contact all these years since they finally broke up, that they know the same people and have mutual friends. We know that Harry has visited the Davys on occasion when he's been in Africa.

If there is a photo and it shows the couple sitting together talking over coffee at some restaurant it proves nothing apart from them meeting and talking. If they are looking into each other's eyes in a blissful way or have their arms round each other it's a different kettle of fish. However at the moment there isn't a photo.

Harry hasn't been in a fountain for years.
  #737  
Old 09-13-2015, 10:38 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I wonder if those who call him dumb are doing so to make William look more intelligent.

I find Henry is more articulate thank his brother. It is that William responds better in the academic world. That system does not suit all and IMO is not an indication of anyone's level of intelligence.

Like Henry, Chelsy seems to be a party girl. An intelligent party girl. After all, she was smart enough to dump Henry when he wasn't up to the grade.
"Smart" or "bright" is a concept that is difficult to define. I would say that, academically speaking, neither William nor Harry are particularly gifted, but Harry, of course, was a disaster at school, making his brother look "brighter" in comparison. Having said that, being academically challenged doesn't mean one is dumb or "not smart". As I said, it is hard to define what "smart" really means.
  #738  
Old 09-13-2015, 10:39 AM
Skippyboo's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Atlanta, United States
Posts: 3,367
Only 4 years ago,

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...nce-Harry.html


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
  #739  
Old 09-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Lady Nimue's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Pacific Palisades, United States
Posts: 2,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
The woman marrying a Prince has to give a lot up- privacy, career plus them and their family are under constant scrutiny for what they wear, how they act, etc. The Prince doesn't give up anything.
If they are getting back together, maybe he is giving up some things. Maybe Charles has agreed to allow him a life lived partly outside of Britain. Possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
If we do get a picture of the two of them together, what is that going to prove anyway? We know that they've remained in contact all these years since they finally broke up, that they know the same people and have mutual friends. We know that Harry has visited the Davys on occasion when he's been in Africa.

If there is a photo and it shows the couple sitting together talking over coffee at some restaurant it proves nothing apart from them meeting and talking. If they are looking into each other's eyes in a blissful way or have their arms round each other it's a different kettle of fish. However at the moment there isn't a photo.

Harry hasn't been in a fountain for years.
Being photographed together (if it happens) will change the focus on her. Chelsy (and Harry) know that. For them to be willing to subject Chelsy to that increased scrutiny would suggest that there has been a change. JMO.
__________________
Russian National Anthem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGoNaLjQrV8
O Magnum Mysterium: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWU7dyey6yo
  #740  
Old 09-13-2015, 10:46 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pittsburgh, United States
Posts: 1,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by crm2317 View Post
It's funny how people perceive things differently, I see her as someone who seems like good fun and would be approachable.
Harry and Chelsy seem like a good match to me. I believe they have the potential to inject some life and interest into the royal family. A good looking, fun loving couple.

I also think they seem to be a good match at a personal level, but that doesn't mean they will necessarily work as a royal couple. I don't want to compare apples and oranges, but, from my limited knowledge of these matters (as I don't really follow them), Andrew really loved Fergie when they married and, probably, they would rather still be married to each other today if they could. Their marriage, however, didn't work for the Royal Family.
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions JessRulz Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 421 04-26-2012 06:01 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style countess of wessex's fashion coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events denmark royal family duchess of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander march 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine hats princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathilde's daytime fashion queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises