Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact is sometimes, many times people never find the right one... He of all people must have absolutely no doubt this person is 'the one' even if it takes years and if it never happens he has a rewarding job, huge supportive family and means to pursue anything his heart desires. Marriage and kids is not the end all and be all to happiness unless you let it be.

Harry watches Lifetime movies?????

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

I'd sooner believe the Kate-had-a-surrogate-for-George nonsense. :lol:

Lol, I just had to add Lifetime in there, but those stories will mess you up. :ROFLMAO:

It is a creepy thought he could easily see various 'fact' based accounts of his mothers life story or his brothers romance at any given time.

It is a creepy thought he could easily see various 'fact' based accounts of his mothers life story or his brothers romance at any given time.

Or his own....

I recall seeing advertisements for a Lifetime movie on the "love story" of Will and Kate- my God, what utterly nauseating crap.

I would think that after watching Mummy and Daddy in action, Harry has a pretty good idea of what marriage can be, and it ain't all Lifetime. Also, at this point, his brother and sister-in-law have had enough ups and downs that he is aware of what a long term relationship is, not to mention some of the other rellies. Although you never quite know what it is until you get there yourself.

Mum and Dad AND aunt and uncle mind. He knows what nightmares and pain an incompatible marriage can do and Harry is not a man who courts drama and a press feeding frenzy if it can be avoided at all.

Who knows in the future... the party-loving prince may end up as a most loyal husband who will never think about divorce once he gets married...
Talk about miracles ; )

It's hard to compare a possible spouse of Harry's to the situation Kate, Diana, and Camilla were each in.

Kate met William in school and while she didn't marry him until she was older they were together for long enough that I don't think we can really fault Kate for not having had a career pre-marriage.

Diana, on the other hand, met and married Charles when she was extremely young and didn't really have time to have found a career, similar can be said of Sarah.

Camilla got married young at a time when it wasn't uncommon for women, especially those of her class, to not work.

A lot is made of Sophie having given up her career for Edward, but we should remember that first of all she wasn't motivated to have one - she had to have one, her age and class required it - and second of all she gave it up because she got into trouble with how she used her royal status to further her career - behaviour that Edward could also be accused of. Neither of them became full time royals because they were willing to sacrifice themselves for the betterment of the monarchy, they became full time royals because they had to in order to save face.

Harry is very capable of finding a girl who's close to his age or a bit younger and doesn't have a career because contrary to what many people on this board seem to think it's not all that uncommon for a late-twenty-early-thirty-something to have not yet established themselves in a career yet. Unless someone is a professional who has spent years getting a degree for a certain job - lawyers, doctors, etc - or considers the job path that they're on to be their calling Harry really isn't likely to be as limited to find a possible spouse who has working history but isn't in a position where she couldn't or wouldn't give it up.

I hate quoting long post entirely but I feel I have to. I agree that comparing a woman to the situation of Kate Diana and Camilla isn't entirely equal. I only did it in response to the inquiry that whomever Harry meets will have to be willing to run off on vacations or schedule theor life around his. It appeared to me that such a thing did occur with Camilla Diana and Kate, and I wonder if Harry is to have a successful relationship if he will have to find a woman like them, with no real job or goals.
Edward did find Sophie and somehow they made it work despite her lifestyle not being on par with revolving around him. I know Sophie was forced to give up her career, but I feel it is admirable that she did choose Edward and her marriage over leaving and keeping her career. Sophie imo showed that she is not work obsessed and is focused on her family.
A 30yr old woman with no job or goals would be a warning sign imo, I am 30 and am still trying for a career but I have not been idle my whole life. Ive worked and gone to school, I've at least been striving for something. My point is that I think going after a woman who is idle in her 30s and just floats around accomplishing nothing is not something I would recommended. If admiring hard work, education and accomplishing something or anything makes me career obsessed, then I am happy to be that way.

Last edited:
Now GracieGiraffe-The can have "compelling" story lines and some are actually loosely based upon real life events. :p

When's the Harry-Chelsy, or heaven forbid, the Harry-Cressy story coming on? :badpc:

The fact of the matter is, any woman that Harry finds will unfortunately have to give up their career and essentially adjust their lives to be with him. Just take a look at the various royal houses. How many of the current royal spouses have had to give up their jobs and leave their lives/families behind? Pretty much all of them.

When Harry and Chelsy were dating, she was the one that had to move so that they could be together. There was no way that Harry would have been able to live with her in Africa. She was the one that had to make the sacrifice and any new girlfriend that he gets, will also have to do the same.

As for finding a woman in her 30's with no career, well there are plenty of them in the set that Harry and the rest of the younger royals hang out with. Chelsy isn't currently working, maybe they'll get back together. :p Seriously though, these people are rich and don't need to work. They can spend their time vacationing and doing charity or whatever. Plus like someone said, not everyone wants a career. Some woman are entirely happy being wives and mothers.

The most important thing, is that he finds someone that will support and love him and vice versa. Someone that doesn't mind readjusting their lives to fit into the royal family. That may be a career woman, or that may be a socialite. Only Harry knows what type of woman will be right for him.

Vacationing huh? I must ask the eternal question: if you don't work what exactly do you take vacation from ? Partying? Charity work?

Vacationing huh? I must ask the eternal question: if you don't work what exactly do you take vacation from ? Partying? Charity work?

You take a vacation from everyday life. Life is work by itself.

Whoever he ends up with, their life will change and will have to adjust their schedules to fit around his and he will have to do the same.

I don't know, some people love to vacation/travel. It's about seeing new places and meeting new people. Not everyone is cut out for a 9-5. My feeling is that if you have the money and you love to do it, why not? It's not hurting anyone.

Last edited:
Now that Harry is at #5, can he live outside of Britain, can he have a wife who is able to maintain a career, if she wanted? What if Will and Kate have more kids, and Harry is 6 or perhaps 7 by the time he wants to settle down?

I don't know, some people love to vacation/travel. It's about seeing new places and meeting new people. Not everyone is cut out for a 9-5. My feeling is that if you have the money and you love to do it, why not? It's not hurting anyone.

Yeah, anyone would take advantage of the opportunity to travel and meet new people. No matter if you're working or not. It's a big plus if you're not the one that's paying for the trip too.

The most important thing, is that he finds someone that will support and love him and vice versa. Someone that doesn't mind readjusting their lives to fit into the royal family
Why can't Harry live his own life witout royal duties if he wants. I mean as he's now not a very close heir he could, hmm...have a normal job and find woman, who won't have to give up her career. Or it's still impossible?

Seems to me it’s more about tradition than anything else. Meaning he could if he wanted to, but tradition within the BRF dictates he focuses on royal duties.

As for a future wife. I guess she could have a job, but it would need to be a "non-profit”/government one. Working in a museum, school, charity, etc. And even with a job like that, in the UK there would always be people who’d complain...

Because he will always be a queens grandson then kings son then a kings brother and then a kings uncle. Any kind of "normal" job would have a complicated mess of favoritism, conflict of interest, media hoopla and he was not raised that way anyway... Harry takes orders from his commanders but can you picture him orders from a middle msnagment boss at some company or starting at the bottom any where ? He seems like cool guy and not arrogant but let's not get carried away here.

Pity they don't marry cousins any more... Seems all the ideal women are related to him. Bea and Eug and esp Zara are pretty much ideal for him really.
Does no one recall the early days of Zara when she was living with a guy and it wasn't so very acceptable then AND having gigantic rows out in the street???? People need to recall some of her behavior. :lol:

But come on... Zara is gorgeous blond rich sporty and fun. You don't think if they were not related and she wasn't hitched he would not a made a bee line ?

But come on... Zara is gorgeous blond rich sporty and fun. You don't think if they were not related and she wasn't hitched he would not a made a bee line ?

Who knows? But would "the family" have approved of a young lady whose picture appeared in newspapers in a public row in the street???? :ROFLMAO:

Y'know, I think that although this is the 21st century, there are a lot of women out there that would like nothing more than to be a full time wife and mother as their career. This is the type of woman I eventually see Harry choosing and with him giving his all to whatever he takes on, I think we're going to see a couple totally devoted to each other and their family.

We also have to remember that although it seems like Kate, Diana and Camilla gave up their lives/careers to be a royal wife, its not necessarily the truth of it. I do think that both Kate and Diana are two peas in a pod in the respect that both of them relished their roles as primarily wife and mother. Career success I don't think was a goal for either one of these women. Camilla is a different aspect. Although marrying later in life into her royal role, she has succeeded immensely and supports Charles 100% but yet they both realize they need their apart times too. Home and family ranks tops with Camilla too. This is what Harry sees and what Harry would like in his own life and I really hope he finds it

The most important thing though I think is that the one that does settle down with Harry should love him for being Harry the man and realize that Harry the Prince is part of the package they'll both have to adapt to.

Another matter to consider is a potential wife must be secure in herself and not a clingy type...they hopefully have their own interests and causes and patronages and may be separated for days or weeks if he gets sent on tours.

Maybe there's an energetic and free-spirited young woman in the Diplomatic Corps, working in some Embassy? Knowledge of protocol could be handy.

What's odd about this particular situation is that someone will have to want to be Royal to marry Harry. The lifestyle would have to be appealing to the prospective wife, yet she will likely be sandbagged for being 'ambitious', and 'chasing after Harry' for the 'royal perks and status'. :sad: It's a no-win situation: she will be penalized for smiling pleasantly directly at the photographers. She will be penalized for having a family at all that appears to exist. :rolleyes:

I cannot imagine being him and trying to get to know someone with the media focus...William actually had it much easier because he was sheltered from the media during the crucial early dating years with Kate.

William had it easier because he found a woman who would put up with everything thrown at her, even separations. She hung in there and her family supported her. William lucked out. :flowers:

What's odd about this particular situation is that someone will have to want to be Royal to marry Harry. The lifestyle would have to be appealing to the prospective wife, yet she will likely be sandbagged for being 'ambitious', and 'chasing after Harry' for the 'royal perks and status'. :sad: It's a no-win situation: she will be penalized for smiling pleasantly directly at the photographers. She will be penalized for having a family at all that appears to exist. :rolleyes:

William had it easier because he found a woman who would put up with everything thrown at her, even separations. She hung in there and her family supported her. William lucked out. :flowers:

Maybe he will meet someone he loves and she loves him back. And they think together the could make a great team helping people. Yes there's all the rubbish parts of being royal but working with their charities could be very fulfilling

Maybe he will meet someone he loves and she loves him back. And they think together the could make a great team helping people. Yes there's all the rubbish parts of being royal but working with their charities could be very fulfilling

Of course. :flowers: I was engaging in some cynicism regarding certain aspects of the public. ;)

Clearly I have not made myselfclear, I am talking about a woman Harry will MEET. You don't just meet someone then run to the alter. A woman can want to be a wife or mother all she wants. But what is she going to do until then? That is where the career or job comes in. You have to do something productive while waiting to get married whether it is going to school doing volunteer work or working. Even Cressida went to school even if it was for dance. Whatever she does after marriage is up to her, but before marriage just sitting around partying, going to clubs and traveling isn't the best thing to do. Where I live that's what you do in your early 20s not in your 30s.

I think we need to consider the social strata, for lack of a better term, that Harry is part of. YOU may think all those things are necessary, or a good idea, however there are a whole group of people out there that do not feel the same as you do. Travelling, playing tennis or golf and lunching and dinner with friends and going to a play is what many of these people do. I think the people who are so critical don't realize that this a lifestyle .... a very wealthy lifestyle. Or if they do realize it they just don't accept that that is the way it is.

It wasn't that long ago (in my lifetime even) that for the upper crust aristocrats, this time of the year was the beginning of the "Season" starting off with the presentation of debutantes at Buckingham Palace and then a round robin of parties, social events, country weekends and teas. Mothers would push to get their daughters into the right parties to meet the right men with marriage in mind and that was the norm. Abolished at the palace in 1958, it was then replaced by the garden parties and it was more for the recognition of people that had contributed somehow to society. Aristocratic ways, I think, change slower than the rest of the world and many of those "sets" adhere to the old ways. It is still perfectly acceptable to not be gainfully employed or have a career in mind and do whatever they feel they wish to do. Then again, back then, as a woman approached her 30s, they were somewhat considered "long in the tooth" and destined for spinsterhood. Some changes are for the better in this respect I think.

Today it is thought by the majority of women that they need to work, have a career and contribute to the world around them but in actuality, it is a relatively new concept that I believe started with the women's movement of the 60s and 70s. Now its not the norm to be a stay at home wife and mother but there are still those out there that feel that is their calling for their life's work.

The woman that captures Harry's heart and loves him for himself could come from any walk of life, any situation or social status. What matters is the bond that will exist between the two of them. If they can be strong together as Will and Kate are, they'll be able to face anything the world wants to throw at them.

Yes but they were able to hide their relationship for some time due to the media distance while he was at university. They were able to develop things in the early stages without the additional pressures of the world looking on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom