The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #181  
Old 03-11-2015, 06:47 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Here's a plan! Harry should get in contact with Simon Abney-Hastings of Wangaratta, Victoria. Simon's the 15th Earl of Loudoun. His father, the 14th Earl, who came here in 1960, was the subject of Tony Robinson's documentary, "Britain's Real Monarch". The family are descendants of George Plantagenet, Duke of Clarence, who would have been the "real" monarch if Edward IV were illegitimate, as some consider to have been the case.

Simon has no children but he has two older sisters who might have daughters the right age for Harry.

And if the Abney-Hastings' can't provide one, Keith Rous, the Aussie Earl of Stradbroke, has 15 children. There might be a suitable gel amongst the younger ones.
__________________

__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #182  
Old 03-11-2015, 08:20 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by royal rob View Post
No Cookies | The Courier-Mail
Look out Harry !


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community
Time to put the "Queen" back in Queensland?? Oy vey, did they just watch Coming to America??
__________________

__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #183  
Old 03-11-2015, 09:39 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,322
I'm sure Harry will have lots of lovely flirtations with several young women when he comes to Australia.

The Press are at it again, though, with hints from unnamed sources (of course) that Harry and Chelsy phone each other nearly every day. Perhaps they do, who knows. The media certainly doesn't.

The Press are practically salivating for the old days to be back, the drinking, the clubs, the public kissing and hugging, the opportunities for photos!

However, I think there's too much water gone under that particular bridge. The things that drove them apart in the first place would emerge again IMO, if they began dating again. He's still a Prince, Chelsy would still dislike that life.
  #184  
Old 03-11-2015, 09:45 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 3,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
However, I think there's too much water gone under that particular bridge. The things that drove them apart in the first place would emerge again IMO, if they began dating again. He's still a Prince, Chelsy would still dislike that life.
Hmmm. Two words: Charles, Camilla.
__________________
"That's it then. Cancel the kitchen scraps for lepers and orphans, no more merciful beheadings, -- and call off Christmas!!!"
  #185  
Old 03-12-2015, 12:47 AM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,322
Yes, but Harry hasn't had a disastrous first marriage and anyway is a very different character from his father. Charles and Camilla weren't really torn apart by different career objectives and personality clashes when they were young. Camilla fell hard for Andrew Parker Bowles, Charles didn't feel ready for marriage, she might have been unsuitable, etc.etc.

With Chelsy there was always the long distance relationship in the early years plus some rocky times and probable infidelity when they were together, multiple break ups and so on. They were very young, but I'm not convinced they would overcome their differences if they got together now.
  #186  
Old 03-12-2015, 03:54 AM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Chelsy talk again I see... Uhm I think as long as Harry is single she will come up in this thread again. Sigh
Actually, when I referred to the Harry/Chelsy dynamic versus the Harry/Cressida analogy, I wasn't talking about them getting back together but rather that we haven't seen Harry out with a date looking as happy in the company of a "wife" contender as he did with Chelsy.

I think we would all like to see him happily dating a lovely woman and looking like he is enjoying life rather than looking like he's contemplating root-canal tomorrow.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #187  
Old 03-12-2015, 04:53 AM
azure's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: in the world, Germany
Posts: 1,325
I personally like the Chelsy/Harry match!
__________________
Life is to be explored
  #188  
Old 03-12-2015, 05:47 AM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
IMO, Harry is too much of a playboy to get married. If he ever does decide to get married it will not be until he is in his 40s.
  #189  
Old 03-12-2015, 04:26 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,835
How can Harry get quickly married if he is (at the moment) single?And even in the case he had a girlfriend I think he would date her for 4 or five years before thinking about marriage... I hated it when the press was talking about an imminent engagment when he was "dating" Cressida for barely 2 years, and then nothing happened... And if he will get married in his 40s or 50s I don't see anything wrong with that... I wish him to find his soul mate, no matter how old he will find her. Some people seem to suggest he should marry the first girl he sees in the street, just for the sake of being married. And if he will remain single, I still don't see it as an issue. IMO
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #190  
Old 03-12-2015, 04:53 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
How can Harry get quickly married if he is (at the moment) single?And even in the case he had a girlfriend I think he would date her for 4 or five years before thinking about marriage... I hated it when the press was talking about an imminent engagment when he was "dating" Cressida for barely 2 years, and then nothing happened... And if he will get married in his 40s or 50s I don't see anything wrong with that... I wish him to find his soul mate, no matter how old he will find her. Some people seem to suggest he should marry the first girl he sees in the street, just for the sake of being married. And if he will remain single, I still don't see it as an issue. IMO
I don't have a problem with Harry marrying later in life per se, but he says he wants children so he should get serious about settling down. I guess he could marry a younger woman but there is no guarantee that waiting a few more years will help him find someone with whom he can be happy.

Harry needs to evaluate what is important in his life. If he wants a family, he needs to give up the bachelor lifestyle. I think it will be easier if he gives it up soon. He is fine for right now but if he'll start to look pathetic if he continues the partying into his middle-age.

I don't think that getting married after 2 years (or even 1 year) is unreasonable. It doesn't matter how a couple dates as long as they know each other, are compatible, and share the same goals.
  #191  
Old 03-12-2015, 05:06 PM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I don't have a problem with Harry marrying later in life per se, but he says he wants children so he should get serious about settling down. I guess he could marry a younger woman but there is no guarantee that waiting a few more years will help him find someone with whom he can be happy.

Harry needs to evaluate what is important in his life. If he wants a family, he needs to give up the bachelor lifestyle. I think it will be easier if he gives it up soon. He is fine for right now but if he'll start to look pathetic if he continues the partying into his middle-age.

I don't think that getting married after 2 years (or even 1 year) is unreasonable. It doesn't matter how a couple dates as long as they know each other, are compatible, and share the same goals.
Yes but uhm let's say he has to fall in love first? why would people marry if not for love? And one cannot try to fall in love or simply do it. It happens, that's all. You are right about his lifestyle but as long as he is a bachelor I see no reason why he should stop clubbing or going to disco...

Besides, Prince Albert of Monaco had children even at 56, so I see no problems here again. (I didn't want to draw a comparison but merely to point out that he is 30 not 60)
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #192  
Old 03-12-2015, 07:52 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Yes but uhm let's say he has to fall in love first? why would people marry if not for love? And one cannot try to fall in love or simply do it. It happens, that's all. You are right about his lifestyle but as long as he is a bachelor I see no reason why he should stop clubbing or going to disco...
I am in total agreement. In fact I would go further and say that sometimes, when it's right, it's right and waiting an extra year or so to "know her well" is a big turn off. Okay, so his parents divorced, so did his Aunt and one of his Uncles, so that it not an uncommon situation even in his family, but what say he meets up with someone he knew years ago and suddenly, it's love?

Are they supposed to hang around four or five years to "prove their love" (to whom?) or just spring for a ring like the simple folk do. I do not understand this idea that they have to be an item for several years, shack up for a few more and then have a big white wedding. Ugh, that is just soooo shallow.

(More than) a few years ago three of my friends got married. The first had been living together for eight years, the second for five and the third for eighteen months. The interesting thing was that all three marriages lasted less than two years, and that's including the separation. I asked them each what went wrong and they each replied that "everything changed once they got married"!

So to me living together means nothing because basically, you can't practice being married, and all the baggage that comes with it. Expectations, theirs and their familes, lifestyles, if or when they want children . . . etc. So, what if Harry springs a surprise fiance on us?
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #193  
Old 03-12-2015, 09:44 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Washington, United States
Posts: 1,139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
Yes but uhm let's say he has to fall in love first? why would people marry if not for love? And one cannot try to fall in love or simply do it. It happens, that's all. You are right about his lifestyle but as long as he is a bachelor I see no reason why he should stop clubbing or going to disco...

Besides, Prince Albert of Monaco had children even at 56, so I see no problems here again. (I didn't want to draw a comparison but merely to point out that he is 30 not 60)
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear that I would like to see Harry settle down with a woman he loves. The question is whether his current lifestyle is conducive to meeting a woman with whom he wants to spend the rest of his life. It may be, but it hasn't worked so far.

Of course, men are fertile longer than women, but waiting much longer would mean that he has to fall in love with a much younger woman. It is certainly possible, but it is also possible that he'll fall in love someone his own age, and if that happens when he is 40 or even 50, having biological children the will be challenging. Also, male fertility does decline with age.

Harry could decide to adopt or perhaps he will become a stepfather. Either would be fantastic--if it is what he wants.
  #194  
Old 03-12-2015, 10:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: central valley, United States
Posts: 699
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear that I would like to see Harry settle down with a woman he loves. The question is whether his current lifestyle is conducive to meeting a woman with whom he wants to spend the rest of his life. It may be, but it hasn't worked so far.

Of course, men are fertile longer than women, but waiting much longer would mean that he has to fall in love with a much younger woman. It is certainly possible, but it is also possible that he'll fall in love someone his own age, and if that happens when he is 40 or even 50, having biological children the will be challenging. Also, male fertility does decline with age.

Harry could decide to adopt or perhaps he will become a stepfather. Either would be fantastic--if it is what he wants.
Note to all future potential older spouses of Prince Harry - best to freeze a couple of eggs now in case later in life fertility becomes necessary
  #195  
Old 03-13-2015, 03:24 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 891
https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-i...rly-every-day/

Case of the Ex: Prince Harry and newly single ex Chelsy Davy 'drawn back together' - Independent.ie

I actually believe that these "reporters" troll the forums to get fodder to right about. Wouldn't surprise me if the "sources" were people like us posting speculation!!

I also have a theory on Chelsy's break-up.

There were reports by the media that expectations had arisen of her pending engagement...She spoke to a reporter at a function strongly (with a certain amount of anger I think) denying those reports. Shortly after that she breaks up.

I think her denial, indeed, the manner of her denial may have upset her boyfriend or perhaps even his family. It could be that it forced them to re-think their relationship. Pronto! Relationship over.

Hehehe!
  #196  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:19 AM
Marty91charmed's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Near Verona and Venice, Italy
Posts: 5,835
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
I'm sorry if I wasn't clear that I would like to see Harry settle down with a woman he loves. The question is whether his current lifestyle is conducive to meeting a woman with whom he wants to spend the rest of his life. It may be, but it hasn't worked so far.

Of course, men are fertile longer than women, but waiting much longer would mean that he has to fall in love with a much younger woman. It is certainly possible, but it is also possible that he'll fall in love someone his own age, and if that happens when he is 40 or even 50, having biological children the will be challenging. Also, male fertility does decline with age.

Harry could decide to adopt or perhaps he will become a stepfather. Either would be fantastic--if it is what he wants.

Well, but I think that the preoccupation with Harry being single is too much IMO. I think we should not think about the future and wonder "What if he marries at forty? Will he be infertile? What if he will remain a bachelor? About his lifestyle: Many royal men had a similar life pace, being playboys and having fun, then suddenly they "settled down" as you say. So I guess that if or when he will find his soul mate he will do the same...

MARG: (Sorry but I don't know how to quote more that one post) I think you have a different opinion than me because I said I think a certain tine fram before jumping to a wedding would be necessary, (at least for me) Maybe you quoted a wrong part of my post?
__________________
"Yet, walking free upon her own estate
Still,in her solitude, she is the Queen".
  #197  
Old 03-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Empress Merel's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Netherlands
Posts: 1,681
Cressida Bonas voor Mulberry - Fashion - Vogue TV - VOGUE Nederland
Cressida in a short film for Mulberry
  #198  
Old 03-13-2015, 04:32 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 2,539
I'm sorry but I object to giving Cressida her most calculated goal; more attention from the public.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
  #199  
Old 03-13-2015, 08:47 PM
MARG's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Posts: 6,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
MARG: (Sorry but I don't know how to quote more that one post) I think you have a different opinion than me because I said I think a certain tine fram before jumping to a wedding would be necessary, (at least for me) Maybe you quoted a wrong part of my post?
I was agreeing that he should be allowed to marry for love. We differ on time frames.
__________________
MARG
"Words ought to be a little wild, for they are assaults of thoughts on the unthinking." - JM Keynes
  #200  
Old 03-13-2015, 10:15 PM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I'm sorry but I object to giving Cressida her most calculated goal; more attention from the public.
My thoughts exactly!
__________________

Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HGD Guillaume: Relationship Musings and Suggestions JessRulz Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume & Hereditary Grand Duchess Stéphanie 421 04-26-2012 06:01 AM




Popular Tags
akhenaten ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit june 2016 birth catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events duchess of cambridge duke of cambridge dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll fashio poll greece hollywood iceland kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe vi king philippe king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy national day new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince charles prince joachim current events princess marie princess marie fashion princess mary princess mary fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia events queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima eveningwear queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises