Prince Harry: Relationship Suggestions and Musings 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are getting married later, even if they haven't been together for years. There is also no reason that Harry can't marry a woman who has been married before. I hope he finds someone he loves and can live in a fishbowl.

If Chelsy didn't want the Royal Life before she isn't going to now. Nothing has changed Harry is still a Prince.

Maybe it's me, but I don't see what's so awful about the Royal Life.
Sure, there's constant scrutiny and loads of criticism.
BUT.
There's also deference and admiration, even adulation. It's a unique position, in a changing world.
Doesn't seem a bad deal to me.

I don't think that Harry will have trouble marrying someone near his own age. Couples often marry for the first time in their 30s now.

I hope you're right, but I got a bad feeling. He went from women his own age to Princess Eugenie's friends. Next up on the horizon is Lady Louise's friends.

I hope they get back together. It would be interesting to see

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

BUT.
There's also deference and admiration, even adulation. It's a unique position, in a changing world.

The scrutiny and criticism is soul searing. The deference and admiration are only present as long as a significant life-straight-jacket is maintained. The loss of freedom and choices is not worth the 'perks', which imo are no 'perks' at all.

The only real benefit is the wealth, but the negatives are too extreme.

In many ways, the life Cressida is attempting to fashion for herself is far more appealing. All the flash and attention (if that's your 'thing') along with the wealth to make one's life easy. In fact, if Cressida plays the game wisely, she could make her bundle over the next few years and be set for life. She could marry well and still have a decent private life, accountable to no one but herself and her family, no nation involved. A better deal imo. :flowers:

BUT.

I couldn't disagree with you more. There is a reason Chelsy ran for the hills.

It's not so awful for a royal male. They get ignored for the most part, unless they do something really scandalous. The royal women are stalked, harassed, and belittled on a daily basis. For the most trivial of reasons.

Diana, Sarah, Sophie, Camilla and Catherine had to sacrifice their privacy, dignity and arguably their sanity to marry into the BRF.

Look at the last two royal weddings. Mike Tindall vs. Catherine. Mike has multiple DUI's. He publicly cheated on Zara weeks after their wedding. He named dropped The Queen on the playing field to try to get preferential treatment from the referee. Yet boring, harmless, humdrum Catherine gets 500 times the mistreatment that he does.

Adulteress Camilla receives MUCH more abuse than Mark Phillips. Even though his romantic crimes made hers seem like an innocent folly in comparison.

Any woman who marries Harry needs to have teflon skin, or she is in for a world of pain.

I always think that despite the drawbacks if you really loved the other person and they supported you there is a chance of a pretty good life.
The work you would do could be extremely fulfilling and you could make a real difference. If it's raising money or bringing awareness to causes there is a lot of good you could do.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Any woman who marries Harry needs to have teflon skin, or she is in for a world of pain.

Well put. :flowers: You fail to mention the calibre of the royal spouse, his character and personality. Plus, is the woman genuinely in love? I think we can say that with Catherine she was (and is) genuinely in love. She was willing to go through fire and she did. In fact, she continues to do so in many ways. But also, and this is most important, she has a family that is her net. (It's why I think Cressida was perfect. In so many ways she checked off all the boxes, except one: he didn't love her 'enough').

Chelsy was youthful lust and infatuation imo. Harry had fun but Chelsy demanded a lot of Harry, as well she should. Keeping in mind that while Chelsy may have liked to party she also has intelligence. In the end, she must have realized that marrying him would be one long heart-ache (he wasn't faithful) with someone with scant intellectual interests. Something is there that makes Harry a poor risk.

With Cressida, she must have demanded a lot, too. Harry would have none of it.

At some point Harry has to meet someone he loves more than himself. If that doesn't happen he will either never marry, or marry a doormat or adventuress.

Well put. :flowers: You fail to mention the calibre of the royal spouse, his character and personality. Plus, is the woman genuinely in love? I think we can say that with Catherine she was (and is) genuinely in love. She was willing to go through fire and she did. In fact, she continues to do so in many ways. But also, and this is most important, she has a family that is her net. (It's why I think Cressida was perfect. In so many ways she checked off all the boxes, except one: he didn't love her 'enough').

Chelsy was youthful lust and infatuation imo. Harry had fun but Chelsy demanded a lot of Harry, as well she should. Keeping in mind that while Chelsy may have liked to party she also has intelligence. In the end, she must have realized that marrying him would be one long heart-ache (he wasn't faithful) with someone with scant intellectual interests. Something is there that makes Harry a poor risk.

With Cressida, she must have demanded a lot, too. Harry would have none of it.

At some point Harry has to meet someone he loves more than himself. If that doesn't happen he will either never marry, or marry a doormat or adventuress.

I agree. Even if the wife/girlfriend has teflon skin, she deserves respect and support from her spouse. I never liked how Harry treated his girlfriends. I had the same complaint about pre 2007 break-up William. Thankfully, William changed. Harry worries me. He's already 30, has been in two serious relationships, and he is still following the same bad patterns. Will he ever be husband material?

I wasn't joking when I mentioned Lady Louise's friends. In 5-10 years I think they will be on his radar. sigh

I agree. Even if the wife/girlfriend has teflon skin, she deserves respect and support from her spouse. I never liked how Harry treated his girlfriends. I had the same complaint about pre 2007 break-up William. Thankfully, William changed. Harry worries me. He's already 30, has been in two serious relationships, and he is still following the same bad patterns. Will he ever be husband material?

I wasn't joking when I mentioned Lady Louise's friends. In 5-10 years I think they will be on his radar. sigh

Exactly so. :sad:

:previous: Maybe in the time they've been apart, Chelsy has had a rethink and reorganised her priorities. Maybe she has decided that she made a mistake and that a career as a lawyer is not more important than being with the man she loves. *cue violins* :D Maybe she's decided that she can hack the Royal life.

Seriously. And if she's his Camilla, better for her to realise it now, before either of them gets married to other people, than later.

Hahaha! You are the fountain of wisdom Roslyn. I am with you all the way!!...because I just love that happy ending staff. :wub:

Maybe in the time they've been apart, Chelsy has had a rethink and reorganised her priorities. Maybe she has decided that she made a mistake and that a career as a lawyer is not more important than being with the man she loves. *cue violins* :D Maybe she's decided that she can hack the Royal life.

Seriously. And if she's his Camilla, better for her to realise it now, before either of them gets married to other people, than later.

Thing is, I'm not sure Chelsy really loves Harry in the kind of way that makes marriage feasible, do-able. I think she's far too intelligent for him. :flowers:

There's a saying: We will do anything for someone we once loved, but love them again. I think it applies here.

Grasping at straws but I have never had the sense that Chelsy easily settled into a subsequent relationship after Harry. Weirder things have happened. Harry did ask her to marry him, we are told. The world has moved on, so maybe that same world is ready for a Princess Chelsy. Maybe Chelsy is ready to be royal. As the years wear on it won't get easier for Harry to get a 'nice girl' imo. He wants to marry, he has said, so we'll see. :flowers:

No secret that I would love to have Chelsy back with Henry, but in reality, the article is really only stating what many of us suspected, which is that she broke up with current boyfriend and has left her employment. Everything else is pure speculation and a recycle of old comments about their relationship.

I imagine they have both changed a great deal and may very well have moved on well and truly. But I keep reading comments of how, whilst she was with her last boyfriend, he hang out with her at friend's weddings. One particular one in Europe recently where comments from workers at the venue stated that he just did not leave her side.

Mmm..:brows:

I imagine they have both changed a great deal and may very well have moved on well and truly. But I keep reading comments of how, whilst she was with her last boyfriend, he hang out with her at friend's weddings. One particular one in Europe recently where comments from workers at the venue stated that he just did not leave her side.

Mmm..:brows:

That wasn't recent, was it? I thought that whole report was from a couple of years ago? Anyway, it's very interesting. Sounds grim. :sad: IMO.

To me it has always been obvius that they're done and over...Just hope it ends this speculation

Thing is, I'm not sure Chelsy really loves Harry in the kind of way that makes marriage feasible, do-able. I think she's far too intelligent for him. :flowers:

There's a saying: We will do anything for someone we once loved, but love them again. I think it applies here.

I think that's been the common theme when people discuss Harry and Chelsy's relationship- "I think she's far too intelligent for him."

I happen to think it may be the other way around. I liked Chelsy, but my opinion doesn't matter, because they both may have ended their relationship for very good reasons.

The scrutiny and criticism is soul searing. The deference and admiration are only present as long as a significant life-straight-jacket is maintained. The loss of freedom and choices is not worth the 'perks', which imo are no 'perks' at all.

:flowers:

That's true, but it only pertains to their public life.
Who knows what it is like for them, behind palace walls?
(Or on the beaches of Mustique, for that matter).

We only see a relatively small portion of their lives; beyond that, they actually seem to have quite a lot of privacy.

I think that's been the common theme when people discuss Harry and Chelsy's relationship- "I think she's far too intelligent for him."

I happen to think it may be the other way around.

That's a new one for me. :ermm: Chelsy's the one who was able to become a lawyer. IMO Good, bad or indifferent in skill, I would say Chelsy far and away surpasses Harry in subtlety of thinking. Just a hunch. That doesn't mean Harry isn't a great guy to be around. He may well be. All the evidence is there that he is. His behavior in public (except for once and we all have bad days) has been impeccable imo. But he may be wanting in certain crucial ways, at least for the one who said 'no'. The other one he tossed so we will never know if in the end she would have said 'no'. (In fact, she may have said 'yes' only to find herself tripped up). All sheer speculation, of course.

That's true, but it only pertains to their public life.
Who knows what it is like for them, behind palace walls?
(Or on the beaches of Mustique, for that matter).

We only see a relatively small portion of their lives; beyond that, they actually seem to have quite a lot of privacy.

On what planet do they have privacy?

They had the hacking scandal. The nurse hoax (fraud to access private medical records). They had Squidgygate. They are stalked by telephoto lens. Paps hire helicopters to fly over their private homes. Their former staff write tell-alls. Military officials selling their sensitive information to the tabloids. Tracking devices placed on their cars. High speed chases by photogs. Lured into the webs by fake sheiks. Harassed and photographed while trying to get your twelve week scan. A national debate over your weight, looks and breeding. Regular death threats by terrorists and random looneys. That's just the tip of the iceberg. They have the least amount of privacy of any family on the face of the Earth. They are our Truman Show.

As for the Mustique beaches reference, that vacation is paid for by the Middletons. They have been going to the island long before April 29, 2011. Perhaps your real recommendation is that women marry into wealthy families such as the Middletons. I would agree, that makes a lot more sense than marrying into the BRF.

As for the Mustique beaches reference, that vacation is paid for by the Middletons. They have been going to the island long before April 29, 2011. Perhaps your real recommendation is that women marry into wealthy families such as the Middletons. I would agree, that makes a lot more sense than marrying into the BRF.

Good point. :flowers: But I do understand the romance of marrying a Prince. I am a romantic, after all. It's why I am posting on this site. Thing is, I am also a grown woman and am too well acquainted with the realities of married life. ;)

That's a new one for me. :ermm: Chelsy's the one who was able to become a lawyer. IMO Good, bad or indifferent in skill, I would say Chelsy far and away surpasses Harry in subtlety of thinking. Just a hunch. That doesn't mean Harry isn't a great guy to be around. He may well be. All the evidence is there that he is. His behavior in public (except for once and we all have bad days) has been impeccable imo. But he may be wanting in certain crucial ways, at least for the one who said 'no'. The other one he tossed so we will never know if in the end she would have said 'no'. (In fact, she may have said 'yes' only to find herself tripped up). All sheer speculation, of course.

I know from personal experience that really smart people can fail in school. And the fact that some people don't do well in school doesn't mean they are not smart.

My gifted niece who is 10 yrs old and currently reading Harry Potter in english (which is quite somthing in the Netherlands) doesn't do all that well in school and her grades are not what they could be.

I can imagine that Harry doesn't find reading and school a lot of fun because of his dyslexia and would therefor avoid uni.

Interesting Chelsy Davy "more intelligent" than Prince Harry because she became a lawyer and he is a soldier. A lawyer, ah yes very reputable, very prestigious. High levels of individual aptitude and awareness are a necessity. Much more than a soldier. Even one who was a co-pilot and gunner of a modern military helicopter in combat. Simple, right? Just moving a stick around, pulling a trigger, reading some numbers and talking into a headset. A seven year old can do that! I think some are over-rating Ms. Davy's IQ and underestimating Prince Harry's intelligence.

Now, it seems that based on the info that has been supplied the possibility of Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy rekindling a more than platonic relationship has improved. All in all the final results being marriage. This despite nearly half a decade of amicable relations amongst each other as well as romantic relationships with separate individuals. Fascinating.

Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013 -

Interesting Chelsy Davy "more intelligent" than Prince Harry because she became a lawyer and he is a soldier. A lawyer, ah yes very reputable, very prestigious. High levels of individual aptitude and awareness are a necessity. Much more than a soldier. Even one who was a co-pilot and gunner of a modern military helicopter in combat. Simple, right? Just moving a stick around, pulling a trigger, reading some numbers and talking into a headset. A seven year old can do that!

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but this seems very insulting to those in the military. We owe our safety to them

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the post is ironic!I read it in that way at least: some posters seem to value intelligence as education!

Interesting Chelsy Davy "more intelligent" than Prince Harry because she became a lawyer and he is a soldier. A lawyer, ah yes very reputable, very prestigious. High levels of individual aptitude and awareness are a necessity. Much more than a soldier. Even one who was a co-pilot and gunner of a modern military helicopter in combat. Simple, right? Just moving a stick around, pulling a trigger, reading some numbers and talking into a headset. A seven year old can do that! I think some are over-rating Ms. Davy's IQ and underestimating Prince Harry's intelligence.

Now, it seems that based on the info that has been supplied the possibility of Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy rekindling a more than platonic relationship has improved. All in all the final results being marriage. This despite nearly half a decade of amicable relations amongst each other as well as romantic relationships with separate individuals. Fascinating.

My husband is military aviation (helicopters) and no one does a job in the military like Harry does without being smart and having intelligence.

As far as the relationship with Chelsy...doubtful at best.

LaRae

I can imagine that Harry doesn't find reading and school a lot of fun because of his dyslexia and would therefor avoid uni.

I hadn't realised he had dyslexia, though i knew Beatrice did.

Edward and Sophie married around the age of 34 and that worked out well for them. But i wouldn't like to see Harry go into his 40s without being married; it must be so much easier for each Royal if they have a partner to work with/confide in.

Grasping at straws but I have never had the sense that Chelsy easily settled into a subsequent relationship after Harry. Weirder things have happened. Harry did ask her to marry him, we are told. The world has moved on, so maybe that same world is ready for a Princess Chelsy. Maybe Chelsy is ready to be royal. As the years wear on it won't get easier for Harry to get a 'nice girl' imo. He wants to marry, he has said, so we'll see. :flowers:
Gee, I don't know about that. George Clooney managed to score an amazing, intelligent and erudite woman in 36 year old Amal . . . and he's 53!

It was short-sighted on Ms Davy's part to quit the job.
Why so? Do you know what her 'life plan' is? Or, perhaps she, as so many do, discovered that the job she is qualified for is not quite what she imagined it would be. There is no shame in that.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong but this seems very insulting to those in the military. We owe our safety to them.
Interesting Chelsy Davy "more intelligent" than Prince Harry because she became a lawyer and he is a soldier. A lawyer, ah yes very reputable, very prestigious. High levels of individual aptitude and awareness are a necessity. Much more than a soldier. Even one who was a co-pilot and gunner of a modern military helicopter in combat. Simple, right? Just moving a stick around, pulling a trigger, reading some numbers and talking into a headset. A seven year old can do that!
It was 'Wit', 'Irony', 'Sarcasm', all wasted because it sailed right over so very many heads.

I think the post is ironic!I read it in that way at least: some posters seem to value intelligence as education!
You called it right, it was indeed irony and yes, there still is a very large percent of the population, as reflected on this forum, that believe in the snob value attached to a university degree.

They make that stunningly simple error of mistaking a superior education for a superior intellect!

Did I say it wasn't? I know the Middletons often go there. My point is that the Cambridges are able to go as well, and we will not see any pictures other than those in airports.
Do we see pictures of the RF at Balmoral? Only when they attend church or something rather public.

I think they have lots of time when they are private, with no cameras around to bother them.

I don't think that Harry will have trouble marrying someone near his own age. Couples often marry for the first time in their 30s now.

What if there was a steadfast rule that a British Royal Prince had to marry before his 29th birthday? Some inheritances here in the United States use to have stipulations like this numerous years ago.
What does Prince Henry do then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom