Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOS Diary: Cressida Bonas quits as a dancer to waltz off with Prince Harry | Mail Online

Apparently Cressida has given up her dreams to become a professional dancer and has taken a job as PA in London.
If so, I personally think that is a wise choice if she wants to build a future with Prince Harry and become a royal duchess.

If the article is true, then I can see Harry and Cressida marrying in three or four years time. However if the article turns out to be a rumour, then I think Harry will marry in five or even six years time but to a different bride (who is within the royal circle) will be walking down the aisle. I like Cressida and Harry, but generally I think the latter is more likely although now I'm on the fence.

Last edited:
I see them marrying within the year or two. Just a gut. That's my two cents on the matter

I see them marrying within the year or two. Just a gut. That's my two cents on the matter

I would not be surprised with a wedding in late 2014.

2011: The Royal wedding.

2012: The Jubilee.

2013: The Royal baby.

I got used to big Royal events every year.:lol: So, I expect Prince Harry to marry next year.

If the article is true in a way Cressida has gone down in my estimations, she's given up something she's studied and clearly loves so she can potentailly marry Henry? I liked that Cressida had a bit of herself about her. If her goal is to marry Henry, then I'll be looking forward to her dress and that's about it.

MOS Diary: Cressida Bonas quits as a dancer to waltz off with Prince Harry | Mail Online

Apparently Cressida has given up her dreams to become a professional dancer and has taken a job as PA in London.
If so, I personally think that is a wise choice if she wants to build a future with Prince Harry and become a royal duchess.

I tend to agree. It looks as if she has prioritized and decided that her relationship is more important to her than a professional career.

And in all fairness to Cressida, she is not the first potential Royal bride to make such a decision.

I tend to agree. It looks as if she has prioritized and decided that her relationship is more important to her than a professional career.

And in all fairness to Cressida, she is not the first potential Royal bride to make such a decision.

I find it natural to make choices based on current priorities, not on past priorities.

I'm still not convinced that these two will be getting married anytime soon. I think if we were talking about Harry & Chelsy, then I would say a wedding is likely around the corner. I'm still waiting to see Harry & Cressida really establish themselves as a couple publically.

She's 24 about to turn 25, that is middle-age/senior citizens age in the dance world. She most likely is being realistic if that article is true

I find it natural to make choices based on current priorities, not on past priorities.

Yes but put your priorities in order. A girl who's first priority is to nail a Prince into marriage, doesn't have them in the right order IMO.

Lumutqueen, I agree with you 100%. But again precedent has been set, and very recent at that.:sad:

Maybe Cressida wants a husband and children more than a career.That's not necessarily a bad thing. She is young enough to have changed her mind on that.

Lumutqueen, I agree with you 100%. But again precedent has been set, and very recent at that.:sad:

Maybe Cressida wants a husband and children more than a career.That's not necessarily a bad thing. She is young enough to have changed her mind on that.

It's not a bad thing to want a husband, a family and a semi secure future. But it shouldn't be the only thing you want. Hmmm the very recent precedent is why I liked Cressida, she has something going for her.

Yes but put your priorities in order. A girl who's first priority is to nail a Prince into marriage, doesn't have them in the right order IMO.

I agree but I don't think this is the case.
Cressida and Harry know eachother (have a relationship) for 1,5 years. Cressida is probably at the point now that she knows that it is a serious relationship for the both of them and that their intention is to marry someday.
Then it is not unusual to put her priorities in a new order. She probably feels that pursuing a professional dance career doesn't go together with having a relationship with a member of the Royal Family.
So she has to make a choice and I think she made a wise choice if she wants to continue with Harry. That is the difference between her and Chelsy Davy: Chelsy didn't see herself fit in a royal life. Cressida probably does. What is wrong with that?
And maybe she has other professional interests that could give great fulfilment and suit much better with royal life.
I think this is another case of damned if she does, damned if she doesn't...

Last edited:
Giving up your own ideas/dreams/interests for a guy is never a healthy thing. It doesn't even matter if that particular guy is a prince.

If you marry into a royal family, you DO have to give up certain things. If she marries Harry, she can't have a career in dance. Which I why I think that the commitment has been made, if not announced.

Also, I would not say she "set out" to marry a Prince - she met a prince, fell in love, and had to make some tough decisions - theoretically - I'm not in her head.

It's like someone who has a career in one country but then falls in love with someone who lives elsewhere and realizes to live elsewhere one must give up the previous career - and chooses the spouse over the career.

If you marry into a royal family, you DO have to give up certain things. If she marries Harry, she can't have a career in dance. Which I why I think that the commitment has been made, if not announced..

IF she marries him, that's a darn big IF I think. Also, she's not married to him yet, she might have to wait another 10 years. While people keep going on about how 25 is middle aged for being in the dance business that doesn't mean she has to give it up.
I think it's the mark of the man if he "allows" his partner to give up her job/passion in pursuit of him. Both have gone way way down in my book.

There might be a whole host of reasons for this and we don't even know if it's true. So let's not bring out the champagne yet.

Besides... Where do these stories come from??? Her side, his side???

She's 24 about to turn 25, that is middle-age/senior citizens age in the dance world. She most likely is being realistic if that article is true

How right you are. For every thousand would-be actors, dancers, artists, musicians, etc, there are a few dozen jobs. Perhaps she has been to many auditions/interviews and has seen how difficult it is to succeed. Or, what is more likely, the whole story in the Mail is made up!

Even if the story is true, so what? A woman is entitled to live her life as she sees fit, without others judging her decisions. There's more than one way to live a successful life. Many women (and men) who have fabulous intentions about what their educations will prepare them for are doomed to be somewhat disappointed and may have to compromise.

Exactly.
I can't think she was ever truly dedicated to a career as a dancer; if so, she left it a little late!

I think she realized that it was against the odds for her to establish a professional career at this stage, and she's opted to do something else.

The PA job will leave her available for Harry (much as the Jigsaw job left Kate free for William). That's the way it generally works for the GFs of princes, they have to work around his schedule.

I do not blame Cressida (strange name, btw) for having changed her priorities, whether she did so to spend more time with Harry or not. If she, indeed, left a potential career in dance to be with Harry she must have had very strong reasons to do so. We only have very superficial info about their relationship and we can not draw accurate conclusions based on that info.

On the other hand, most women who build strong careers end up wishing they had married and had children earlier in life, rather than around 40, as it often happens. I guess it's all a matter of taking risks when making life-changing decisions.

It's not a bad thing to want a husband, a family and a semi secure future. But it shouldn't be the only thing you want. Hmmm the very recent precedent is why I liked Cressida, she has something going for her.

I disagree not just with you but with some others. I know women who "just" want to be wife and kids. There is also nothing wrong with deciding to give up your career to marry or have kids. It's all about what you. Not everyone can or wants to but if that's your choice it's just as good a decision as having a career. You make the choice not everyone else or society.

I do not blame Cressida (strange name, btw) for having changed her priorities, whether she did so to spend more time with Harry or not. If she, indeed, left a potential career in dance to be with Harry she must have had very strong reasons to do so. We only have very superficial info about their relationship and we can not draw accurate conclusions based on that info.

On the other hand, most women who build strong careers end up wishing they had married and had children earlier in life, rather than around 40, as it often happens. I guess it's all a matter of taking risks when making life-changing decisions.

Cressida and Troilus?

Maybe she isn't "nailing a prince" - such a cynical approach. Maybe she loves him. It's possible.

The comments about her "dance" career seem right to me. She may love it, and have graduated but that doesn't make her in the top elite and in such a competitive environment, that is what you need to be.

As for her new job - well the paps will be parked outside the offices and the company will get fed up with it so she may not be there for long.

What do we really know? Zero, it is, after all the Mail. Let's assume the article is correct and she has taken a job as a PA. That does not mean she did so because of Harry. It could be she wanted or needed a paying job and was unsuccessful at finding one as a dancer. It could be that she got out of the college cacoon and realized she didn't want or wasn't talented enough to be a dancer. It could be that she wasn't comfortable w/ being in the limelight as a dancer. We also can't assume that being a dancer was her passion or even her ultimate career goal, we can assume she enjoyed dance and chose to study it, that doesn't mean she intended to pursue a career as a professional dancer. William chose to study history of art and geography then joined the military, for example. In this day and age what you study in college does not always equate w/ what your career is.
I admire the fact that she has a paying job.

If the article is true in a way Cressida has gone down in my estimations, she's given up something she's studied and clearly loves so she can potentailly marry Henry? I liked that Cressida had a bit of herself about her. If her goal is to marry Henry, then I'll be looking forward to her dress and that's about it.
Goal? Is there any possibility of love for Harry, for Cressida, for each other or another?

Nailed it bang on the head. She may have decided that the stringent ongoing training was never going to pay off with her dream of sucess. Perhaps she has realised she has the heart but not the talent to make a sucessful career out of dance.

Since we don't know why she has given up dance as a career it seems more than a little premature to judge her motivations as vapidly shallow and grasping. Perhaps she has a injury that makes a future in dance impossible.

Maybe she isn't "nailing a prince" - such a cynical approach. Maybe she loves him. It's possible.

The comments about her "dance" career seem right to me. She may love it, and have graduated but that doesn't make her in the top elite and in such a competitive environment, that is what you need to be.

As for her new job - well the paps will be parked outside the offices and the company will get fed up with it so she may not be there for long.
I agree on all three fronts.

What on earth is driving such mean spirited sniping. Is there absolutely no room for a perfectly reasonable excuse for her to have given up her career? Is there asbsolutely no room for the possibility that if she is Harry's choice it is because she loves him? And if she is not Harry's girlfriend then what do all the snipers have to say for and about themselves having vented such acid on Cressida's change in career?

What on earth is driving such mean spirited sniping.
The jealousy that any woman 'dating' a Prince attracts is what does it ! The bile they seem to inspire is really sometimes beyond belief.

This forum is largely free of it, but elswhere in the comment pages of the gutter press, on the social media and on other fora it is actually quite frightening.

I feel sorry for any woman at the centre of it {particularly those who aren't yet married or engaged as they aren't yet officially 'protected'.}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom