Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i like Cressida for Harry.. she has all the credentials to be a perfect consort (intelligent, aristocratic, and well connected).. not saying that all potential brides from aristocratic backgrounds would be perfect consorts for royals though, but they are much preferred due to their familiarity with royal circles and protocols..

also, aren't Harry and Cressida related? i believe they share some common ancestors from both the Curzon family and well as the Spencer family..

you see, Cressida is a descendant of the House of Spencer through her great-great grandmother who was the daughter of the 7th Duke of Marlborourgh.. here is the line..

Prince Harry's descent from Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl of Sunderland:
*Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl of Sunderland -married- Princess Anne Churchill of Mindelheim
*The Honorable John Spencer -married- Lady Georgiana Carolina Carteret
*John Spencer, 1st Earl Spencer -married- Margaret Poyntz
*George John Spencer, 2nd Earl Spencer -married- Lady Lavinia Bingham
*Frederick Spencer, 4th Earl Spencer -married- Adelaide Horatia Seymour
*Charles Robert Spencer, 6th Earl Spencer -married- The Honorable Margaret Baring
*Albert Edward John Spencer, 7th Earl Spencer -married- Lady Cynthia Hamilton
*John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer -married- The Honorable Frances Roche
*Lady Diana Spencer -married- Charles, Prince of Wales
*Prince Harry of Wales

Cressida Bonas' descent from Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl of Sunderland:
*Charles Spencer, 3rd Earl of Sunderland -married- Princess Anne Churchill of Mindelheim
*Charles Spencer, 3rd Duke of Marlborough -married- The Honorable Elizabeth Trevor
*George Spencer, 4th Duke of Marlborough -married- Lady Caroline Russell
*George Spencer-Churchill, 5th Duke of Marlborough -married- Lady Susan Stewart
*George Spencer-Churchill, 6th Duke of Marlborough -married- Lady Jane Stewart
*John Spencer-Churchill, 7th Duke of Marlborough -married- Lady Frances Anne Emily Vane
*Lady Georgiana Elizabeth Spencer-Churchill -married- Richard Curzon, 4th Earl Howe
*Francis Curzon, 5th Earl Howe -married- Mary Curzon
*Lady Mary-Gaye Curzon -married- Jeffrey Bonas
*Cressida Bonas

also, they share a more recent relation through their descent from Curzon family.. here is the family line:

Prince Harry's descent from Richard Curzon-Howe, 1st Earl Howe:

*Richard Curzon-Howe, 1st Earl Howe -married- Lady Mary Anna Howe
*Lady Maria Anna Curzon-Howe -married- James Hamilton, 2nd Duke of Abercorn
*James Hamilton, 3rd Duke of Abercorn -married- Lady Rosalind Bingham
*Lady Cynthia Hamilton -married- Albert Edward John Spencer, 7th Earl Spencer
*John Spencer, 8th Earl Spencer -married- The Honorable Frances Roche
*Lady Diana Spencer -married- Charles, Prince of Wales
*Prince Harry of Wales

Cressida Bonas' descent from Richard Curzon-Howe, 1st Earl Howe:
*Richard Curzon-Howe, 1st Earl Howe -married- Lady Harriet Georgiana Brudenell
*Richard Curzon-Howe, 3rd Earl Howe -married- Isabella Anson
*Richard Curzon, 4th Earl Howe -married- Lady Georgiana Elizabeth Spencer-Churchill
*Francis Curzon, 5th Earl Howe -married- Mary Curzon
*Lady Mary-Gaye Curzon -married- Jeffrey Bonas
*Cressida Bonas

this means, Cressida is actually Diana's 4th Cousin and technically, this makes her, Harry's aunt (lol).. more specifically, Cressida is Harry's 4th cousin once remove from the line of the Earls Howe..

Harry is also Cressida's 8th cousin through her descent from the House of Spencer.. :p

Lady Diana Spencer was even more aristocratic and well-connected, and we all know how that turned out. :whistling:

I'm not sure what evidence there is of Cressie's intelligence, but I'm willing to examine whatever is presented.

Personally, given her family of origin, Mum and Dad married several times, siblings, half-siblings everywhere, I think Cressie would be my last choice for Harry. She doesn't know what a stable, long-term marriage is, and can't model it.

i like Cressida for Harry.. she has all the credentials to be a perfect consort (intelligent, aristocratic, and well connected).. not saying that all potential brides from aristocratic backgrounds would be perfect consorts for royals though, but they are much preferred due to their familiarity with royal circles and protocols..

Why do people assume that just because someone belongs to an aristocratic family they must be familiar with royal circles and protocol? We have hundreds of families in the UK from the old hereditary peerage and God knows how many from the life peerage, baronetage and knights. I would wager a bet at least 95% had never even met a member of the BRF let alone move in the same circles and know about royal protocol.

Why do people assume that just because someone belongs to an aristocratic family they must be familiar with royal circles and protocol? We have hundreds of families in the UK from the old hereditary peerage and God knows how many from the life peerage, baronetage and knights. I would wager a bet at least 95% had never even met a member of the BRF let alone move in the same circles and know about royal protocol.

yes.. you are right.. but there are also those who are more well connected that the others.. the Spencers for example are very well connected with the Royal family for centuries.. almost every Earl Spencer and Spencer children in the past 150 years were godchildren of the monarch and senior members of the royal family.. the Queen herself, the Queen Mother and Princess Margaret attended the wedding of Johnnie, Viscount Althorp to The Hon. Frances Roche, who's mother is a confidant of the Queen Mother herself.. Johnnie Spencer himself was once considered as a possible future husband for the then Princess Elizabeth, later Queen Elizabeth II.. Diana and her siblings grew up calling the Queen Aunt Lilibeth.. like as i said myself, i am not saying that all potential brides from aristocratic backgrounds would be perfect consorts for royals..yes, not all aristocratic families knows the RF first hand, but some do..

Yes, and we've seen how well the Spencers proved to be as royal consorts...

Wasn't Cressida's sister caught with some drugs a few weeks ago?

Lady Diana Spencer was even more aristocratic and well-connected, and we all know how that turned out. :whistling:

I'm not sure what evidence there is of Cressie's intelligence, but I'm willing to examine whatever is presented.

Personally, given her family of origin, Mum and Dad married several times, siblings, half-siblings everywhere, I think Cressie would be my last choice for Harry. She doesn't know what a stable, long-term marriage is, and can't model it.

well.. you are correct about Diana, but i personally don't think she was the main reason for the collapse of the marriage.. also, i think that the pride Diana has as a Spencer credits a lot to her fighting back and not crying in a corner for her husband's infidelities.. the Spencers are among the forerunners of the British aristocracy, and one can argue that they have more royal ancestors than the Windsors themselves being descendants of Holy Roman Emperors and Kings of England, Scotland, France, Spain, Jerusalem, etc.. if she was a dutiful wife and just tolerated her husband's liaisons with other women, then no doubt she would be Queen one day, a queen locked in a loveless marriage.. yes, she's no saint and had affairs of her own, but still she chose to voice her frustrations and made them public.. like her great-great-great-great-great grandmother Sarah, Duchess of Marlborough, Diana was not afraid to face the royal family head on and shook the very foundation of the British throne in the process..

William and Harry too came from a family who's parent had less than successful marriage.. and i don't think i can conclude that they will also face the same faith.. who knows, just like Will and Harry, Cressida knows the hardships of being born to a dysfunctional family and will make sure that her children will not experience the same..

What Harry needs, aristocrat or not, is woman who is familiar with a stable family life. A woman who knows what is expected of her as a senior member of the BRF. Someone who is discreet. Her family better be discreet as well.

What Harry needs, aristocrat or not, is woman who is familiar with a stable family life. A woman who knows what is expected of her as a senior member of the BRF. Someone who is discreet. Her family better be discreet as well.
So, a Middleton? ;)

I don't think Harry necessarily needs a woman with a stable family background. It's not the family that's necessarily important, it's the having a support system (both in and out of the Firm).

Harry also doesn't have to have a consort with aristocratic or royal pedigree.

What he needs is a consort who he's in love with, and who loves him. Someone who he has common interests in, someone who likes to do the things he does (and he likes to do the things she does). Someone who has a support system outside of the Firm - it's not Catherine's family that makes her a good consort, it's that she has someone (in this case her family) that she can turn to for support. This support system needs to be composed of people who are able to be discreet. This is also seen in Harry himself, as well as William, Charles, and other royals - they all have their group of close, discreet friends.

Harry's consort also needs to be someone who is comfortable being in the limelight, but doesn't necessarily seek it out. She needs to be able to handle the pressure of the press, without needing (or wanting) the attention that comes with it.

Well said, Ish. Exactly what Harry needs. I haven't been following Harry on these threads so I don't know what his dating life is now, but I have seen him on American TV doing an outstanding and dignified presentation of the part of him he called "Prince Harry". From my personal point of view, it is best if Harry does not marry a royal or a girl from a noble family who shares genes with him. He should follow his brother and find an outstanding commoner.

From my personal point of view, it is best if Harry does not marry a royal or a girl from a noble family who shares genes with him. He should follow his brother and find an outstanding commoner.

I don't think the aristocratic pedigree matters. The likelihood of him marrying someone so closely related that genetics will make a difference is slim.

As for the whole commoner/aristocrat argument it doesn't make a difference one way or another. There have been great royal consorts without (or with minimal) aristocratic pedigree, there have been great royal consorts with aristocratic pedigree. Likewise, there have been disasters on both fronts.

I don't think the aristocratic pedigree matters. The likelihood of him marrying someone so closely related that genetics will make a difference is slim.

As for the whole commoner/aristocrat argument it doesn't make a difference one way or another. There have been great royal consorts without (or with minimal) aristocratic pedigree, there have been great royal consorts with aristocratic pedigree. Likewise, there have been disasters on both fronts.

I still think he missed the boat by not snatching up Holly Branson. He really would have satisfied the old tradition of marrying a Virgin bride. :whistling:

Osipi, I read back on the previous page of this thread, which I didn't have time to do earlier, and I see that Harry is a fourth cousin once removed of Cressida. Well, that puts them at least within the permissible range of permitted marriage given by the Church of England (at least given in my old 19th century Book of Common Prayer from England). They are just inside the pale of permitted familial relationships.

Inbreeding does not matter, Osipi, if there are no bad genes in the family. No one has perfect genes, as we are finding out more and more in studies, so actually there is more reason now to hope you don't marry someone with close family ties, because some genes only express when both parents have them. And then, they don't just express, they SHOUT.

I still think he missed the boat by not snatching up Holly Branson. He really would have satisfied the old tradition of marrying a Virgin bride. :whistling:

Ok, that was really really funny. Well played.

I am waiting to see if he takes off to South Africa after the US tour. :shifty:

I am waiting to see if he takes off to South Africa after the US tour. :shifty:

TBH, after the US tour I think he's back on military duties. At least that's what I read somewhere.

So, a Middleton? ;)

No. I'm Britain has plenty of families who can be just as discreet as the Middleton's. We didn't hear a word from Chelsy Davy and her family.

If Harry marries Pippa and one of the marriages end, it will be very awkward for everyone involved.

But seriously, there ARE a few other women out there besides Chelsy, Cressie and Pippa.

The Davy family I believe make their home in Zimbabwe (connections to Mugabe) and South Africa,

My hope is they (Chelsy & Harry) get back together. Still think they best suited to him and she will be a minor royal as the years go on.
Follow your heart Prince Harry! Dont do what your father did and live to regret letting THE one go....

Are they dating?? I mean really dating not "the DM made it up" dating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom