Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hopefully heir today and more tomorrow!

Excuse me? What century are we in? :bang::bang:

It's the 21st Century. And yes, it's still the duty of heirs to monarchies to produce little heirs. When the position of head of state is an inherited position, that's kinda up there on the royal bucket list.

Who's forcing marriage on them? We know Henry plays the waiting game because he was with Chelsy for so long and didn't propose.

What I meant was I feel like every story I read and a lot comments on this thread are talking about him marrying Cressida. I don't think he'll do it anytime soon I just feel like the media and people are trying to force it on him. That's all really.

Bored journalists. The main story is Baby Cambridge but William and Catherine are now ellusive so they have made these stories up. We have a game over her called spoof. Its a blagging game where you try to convinced your opponents that you have more coins (of more value) than you really do. This is the journalistic equivalent of spoof - some one has more of a story that you do, so you make something up to give you the winning hand.

Its sad really.

That sounds like the card game of poker where you can bluff your opponent if you don't have a winning hand and can win the game - if your bluff's not called!

Similar but you do it will coins - and everyone knows what the total no of coins is.

Boy, have I seen money pass on this one. Mainly by bored media types who are only a few steps removed from bored journalists

I'll wait till I see the ring on her finger.

Me too BoB.;)

I don't know if this young lady is The One or not, but I do hope he finds genuine love in a secure relationship, with someone decent and honorable. Despite all the wild behavior and partying I have suspected for a long while that Harry is a rather lonely guy. :sad:

ETA: I do agree with GracieGiraffe that a dance student would certainly not need to learn posture!

Last edited:
I visualize the ideal woman in Harry's life to be someone who shares a common experience, namely, the military. He seems to acclimate well to that life and I'm sure this has fostered some very deep and close relationships with his colleagues. If there's a particular lady in his company he's grown fond of, why shouldn't they try to make a go of it if they hit it off? Just think of all they can discuss: armaments, sorties, helicopters, how best to take care of one's uniform and accoutrements in the desert heat etc. They can practice hand-to-hand combat together, too, always a stress release in between royal duties if they do marry! Maybe she'd be the ideal lady to sort him out and get him away from his hard partying and outlandish behavior.

Last edited:
Both still too young to get married!Especially Cressida

I don't think 24 and 28 is too young to get married..........IF the two have been in a relationship for a few years and the incoming non-royal knows the drill.

I don't think Harry wants to wait years, from what he's said in interviews he wants a family sooner rather than later. I don't see anything close to an 8 year 'trial' like Kate and William had. If he finds the person he thinks is 'the one' I'd be surprised if he's not married within 2 years.

LaRae

LoL have any of you read the article about kate feuding with Cressida
i hate when i read things like that it seems the only women Kate doesn't have a problem with is the queen going by the tabloids
i think it would be cute if he gave her a ruby ring though

LoL have any of you read the article about kate feuding with Cressida
i hate when i read things like that it seems the only women Kate doesn't have a problem with is the queen going by the tabloids
i think it would be cute if he gave her a ruby ring though

I think that is more of a trend in America, rather than in the UK

I visualize the ideal woman in Harry's life to be someone who shares a common experience, namely, the military. He seems to acclimate well to that life and I'm sure this has fostered some very deep and close relationships with his colleagues. If there's a particular lady in his company he's grown fond of, why shouldn't they try to make a go of it if they hit it off? Just think of all they can discuss: armaments, sorties, helicopters, how best to take care of one's uniform and accoutrements in the desert heat etc. They can practice hand-to-hand combat together, too, always a stress release in between royal duties if they do marry! Maybe she'd be the ideal lady to sort him out and get him away from his hard partying and outlandish behavior.

That sounds more like something you'd talk with a friend or colleague with, then your spouse. I also don't see a career military giving it up for gowns, jewels and ribbon cuttings. Harry may be the spare, but his wife will be expected to live a life like Kate, and have a kid or two. There may be some less restrictions, but I dont see the future Duchess being allowed to be a career soldier IMO. We also see, that while Harry enjoys his military times, his social circles are very different.

:previous: Why shouldn't the future Duchess be allowed a career in the military? Several royal dukes have done so. Women with children have done so as well. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. And the non-royal geese as well.

:previous: Why shouldn't the future Duchess be allowed a career in the military? Several royal dukes have done so. Women with children have done so as well. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. And the non-royal geese as well.

I agree, but could pretty much guarantee news /tab stories saying she was shirking her royals duties and suggesting lack of femininty, and people on royal forums complaining about her not wearing designer dresses, gowns, jewels and tiaras.

:previous: Not to mention being a part-time mother and wife; any promorion being due to being a royal and really not doing a "proper" job and "we the tax payer paying for her to swan about" and "taking up a job that rel person wants to do".

That sounds more like something you'd talk with a friend or colleague with, then your spouse.

I don't understand. Many people marry members of the same profession they are in. Lawyers, doctors, accountants, teachers, etc., who marry each other discuss issues that arise in the course of their work.

I also don't see a career military giving it up for gowns, jewels and ribbon cuttings. Harry may be the spare, but his wife will be expected to live a life like Kate, and have a kid or two. There may be some less restrictions, but I dont see the future Duchess being allowed to be a career soldier IMO. We also see, that while Harry enjoys his military times, his social circles are very different.

Just because it hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it can't be done now. Maybe it's time for a change. Time to set new precedents. Time to change people's expectations.

I don't understand. Many people marry members of the same profession they are in. Lawyers, doctors, accountants, teachers, etc., who marry each other discuss issues that arise in the course of their work.

Just because it hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it can't be done now. Maybe it's time for a change. Time to set new precedents. Time to change people's expectations.

Ann's husband managed to stay in job ... so it has been done before ;-) I wonder though, if Harry might appreciate such a dedication. After all I remember vaguely that he wasn't too happy to be alone on his jubilee tour. Didn't he mention somewhere that he wasn't being allowed to bring a partner along whereas his brother had Kate at his side?

Ann's husband managed to stay in job ... so it has been done before ;-) I wonder though, if Harry might appreciate such a dedication. After all I remember vaguely that he wasn't too happy to be alone on his jubilee tour. Didn't he mention somewhere that he wasn't being allowed to bring a partner along whereas his brother had Kate at his side?

I'm sure that is hard, since before William got married, William and Harry probably would have done the tour together. They used to do a lot of joint duties.

Prince Harry's wife will be a HRH, people will expect to see her doing "Royal" work.

Maybe it's time for a change of mindset. Why should a greater burden necessarily be imposed on the woman marrying a Royal man?

Maybe it's time for a change of mindset. Why should a greater burden necessarily be imposed on the woman marrying a Royal man?

I agree with you Roslyn but I suspect there won't be a change in the near future. Was it not one of the reasons Chelsy left? She was reported to have said that she did not want a life like Kate's. The other reason was all the public scrutiny. She hated being mobbed by crowds and having the paps everywhere.

This makes me think the role as Henry's wife would not accommodate her career.

I agree with you Roslyn but I suspect there won't be a change in the near future. Was it not one of the reasons Chelsy left? She was reported to have said that she did not want a life like Kate's. The other reason was all the public scrutiny. She hated being mobbed by crowds and having the paps everywhere.

This makes me think the role as Henry's wife would not accommodate her career.

Maybe you're right and the woman who marries Harry will have to give up her career. But I wonder, isn't there any career that would be compatible with being Harry's wife?
Like, some careers seem to bring more problems than others. For example, running her own business would soon bring issues like using royal connections, taking advantages from her position, etc, etc. A girl in the military sounds good to me, but I agree with NGaliztine, people would complain about her lack of femininity, bla, bla. Some other jobs could also have security issues.
I remember I asked in another thread about her being a scientist doing research for a UK university, for example. It seems to raise less issues.

I remember I asked in another thread about her being a scientist doing research for a UK university, for example. It seems to raise less issues.

Hmmm, frankly I somehow doubt that Harry would be attracted by someone who is intellectuelly his superior. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom