Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted last April when they split that if they reconciled she is The One and they will marry...eventually. But I don't see it happening right away.

You are looking to be right on both points, I think. IF they are back together. :flowers:

I have to say both the split and the reconciliation (if there is one) were a surprise to me. I've always imagined that there was a huge explosive row, followed by hurt and angry feelings for the next few months. (They certainly ignored each other at the next music festival they both attended.)

Yes, I agree. Must have been so. Cressida was certainly photographed looking miserable. :sad:

Regarding the ignoring each other, isn't that what they always do/did when in public, anyway? :blink: As much as I 'like' Cressida (as much as one can like someone one doesn't know in the least) this relationship is an utter mystery to me. They could have actually gotten back together by the time of the music festival. :p

I still believe that Guy Pelly introduced Camilla Thurgood into the picture round about the time of the Pelly wedding, but it doesn't seem to have sparked into anything.

Interesting. So that would have explained the intense conversation Cressida is reported to have had with Guy Pelley's wife at a bar (I think) or party.

IF they are back together then Cressida is probably is indeed The One, bar any more fireworks! It's remarkable how the gossip columnists and so-called royal correspondents don't seem to know for sure what is going on. Their contacts have perhaps buttoned their lips or don't know themselves. We will all just have to wait and see.

I agree. IF they are back together. Going very slow and cautiously, methinks.

Last edited:
I have to say both the split and the reconciliation (if there is one) were a surprise to me. I've always imagined that there was a huge explosive row, followed by hurt and angry feelings for the next few months. (They certainly ignored each other at the next music festival they both attended.)

I still believe that Guy Pelly introduced Camilla Thurgood into the picture round about the time of the Pelly wedding, but it doesn't seem to have sparked into anything.

IF they are back together then Cressida is probably is indeed The One, bar any more fireworks! It's remarkable how the gossip columnists and so-called royal correspondents don't seem to know for sure what is going on. Their contacts have perhaps buttoned their lips or don't know themselves. We will all just have to wait and see.

I don't know, Prince Harry and Chelsea were on and off for years so the fact that Harry and Cressida may have hooked up again suggests to me that Harry has trouble making a clean break even when he knows she isn't 'the one.' I've known guys to stay with a GF for years doing the on off thing but not committing and then during one of the 'off' times they'll meet 'the one' and whoosh marry her much to the chagrin of the long term on/off GF.
But Prince William and Catherine officially announced their 'amicable' parting and then didn't reveal that they had resumed their relationship a month or two later - so it's hard to say. Harry strikes me as more emotional and impulsive than William, so I don't use the way William did it to predict how Harry will behave.

Yes, William and Harry are two very different people and have/had very different types as girlfriends.

Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013

I don't think that Harry behaves the same as William. William and Kate basically hid their relationship. While at St Andrews, they wouldn't hold hands or do anything that would suggest they were together in public. When they went to weddings, they didn't arrive together. That's what made the wedding right before the engagement announcement stand out- they walked right in together not trying to hide anything.

Let's look at the concert for Diana: Chelsy Davy sat right next to Harry and he openly kissed her. Kate who was already back with William sat several rows behind him with her brother James. But apparently, in the after party, W&K were all over each other.

Harry is more heart on his sleeve than William is. I think that is why people have questions about Cressie when all of the photos of them look like most of the time they look like they don't even know each other rather than madly in love. Especially if you compare them to post wedding WK who are not hiding their emotions all the time but are constantly looking at each other and touching.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

It will be good if it is all true (though just why all the games and 'secrecy' I have no idea!) However, where is Mr so-called Daily Beast getting all this info from, especially the many consultations Harry's been having with William? Neither of the brothers would be broadcasting that!
I have a feeling that Cressida is back in the picture all the same.The very much older Harry is playing this romance very differently to the one with Chelsy, much to the disappointment of all his followers, and I don't think we're likely to know much until Harry's ready to go public with Cress again.

Harry is more heart on his sleeve than William is. I think that is why people have questions about Cressie when all of the photos of them look like most of the time they look like they don't even know each other rather than madly in love. Especially if you compare them to post wedding WK who are not hiding their emotions all the time but are constantly looking at each other and touching.

:) True enough! :p

But you know what? This relationship may present the way it does as a function of who Cressida is. It may be this kind of non-public relationship is what she asks for. We know of Harry romantically in only one other acknowledged relationship, and that was with Chelsy, a very different kind of girl from Cressida. Chelsy is 'out there', boisterous and unambiguous. Their relationship reflected that. Cressida is very different, and it looks like the relationship's affect reflects that.

This article is certainly a spin, telling us 'how it is'. The question will be: who is doing the telling? My wager is on Harry. I know that some will see this as a 'Cressida-side' leak, but I don't see that. What is in this article sounds very much like Harry saying 'I'm sorry' to Cressida and stepping up to the plate to burnish tarnished impressions. This is the way Harry would protect Cressida, in just this way.

Whatever Cressida is, she is Harry's good friend.

Whether it is as stated in the following quote, is not yet clear imo: "A source tells the Royalist that there was no big fuss made when she arrived, and no public displays of affection, but it was as clear a sign to Harry’s inner circle as they are ever likely to get that, for all the doubts in the past and all the problems these two young lovers may face in the future, the relationship with Cressida is very much back on."

Last edited:
I personally don't think they are back together because I haven't seen any evidence to prove it. The tabs say they're back on but if they aren't seen in public together over certain amount of time, the tabs will come up with a breakup story. We have been down this road many times before folks.

It will be good if it is all true (though just why all the games and 'secrecy' I have no idea!)

Maybe it's because they are not sure?

Once they go public, the pressure will be on to announce an engagement. So, they are trying to keep it low-key, until things are settled one way or the other.

(But these on-and-off relationships are aggravating!!) :lol:

I personally don't think they are back together because I haven't seen any evidence to prove it. The tabs say they're back on but if they aren't seen in public together over certain amount of time, the tabs will come up with a breakup story. We have been down this road many times before folks.

The evidence we've been given is that they are definitely friends. Cressida is definitely part of Harry's circle. Whatever more it might be is anybody's guess. :flowers:

Good point! :flowers:

Once they go public, the pressure will be on to announce an engagement. So, they are trying to keep it low-key, until things are settled one way or the other.

Must be hard. They know they like being with each other, but.....

Ain't it the truth! ;)

It could be either the tabs or Team Cressie. Every time I think she's finally gone off the radar some story about her pops up.

It could be either the tabs or Team Cressie.

I have noted you saying this a few times. :flowers: I find it hard to believe that Cressida would have a 'team' promoting her in the tabloids since to come close to doing so would likely put the hex on any relationship with Harry or continued familial ties in aristocratic circles close to royalty. But considering you may right, who would be doing so? What evidence is there that Cressida has a 'team' trying to put her name in the newspapers?

Every time I think she's finally gone off the radar some story about her pops up.

More a function of the tabloid press, methinks. With Harry without a current and obvious girlfriend, what else are the tabloids to do? :p An old married couple (William and Kate) aren't interesting in that way anymore.

Last edited:
Just to add a different perspective on things, I have thought for a long time now that Harry will suddenly meet someone currently off the radar and have a relatively quick romance rather than a years-long relationship prior to marriage. It'll be a surprise and there will be much debate, but the woman in question will be very different from the people Harry has dated so far and she will be popular.
I'm not normally one to promote the idea of a whirlwind romance and I'm probably very wrong in all this, but it's just a feeling I have.

Just to add a different perspective on things, I have thought for a long time now that Harry will suddenly meet someone currently off the radar and have a relatively quick romance rather than a years-long relationship prior to marriage. It'll be a surprise and there will be much debate, but the woman in question will be very different from the people Harry has dated so far and she will be popular.
I'm not normally one to promote the idea of a whirlwind romance and I'm probably very wrong in all this, but it's just a feeling I have.

You know, that actually wouldn't surprise me.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Also the young woman could have such a perfect upbringing that the press reporters will not be able to find any faults.

They will find faults even if they have to make them up. :)

The thing that makes me laugh is that both the press and forums are endlessly spinning their wheels, round and round and round they go, and where they stop nobody knows!

Point: We know nothing except gossip and not even a single photo to show for all that waffle. Basically, there is nothing in the demeanor of either to lead one to believe they are madly in love or even madly in lust.
You know, that actually wouldn't surprise me.
Hmm, wouldn't that be terrific for Harry. He needs someone who can share his passion and from what I've seen via media, the women of his circle of friends and acquaintances are predominantly modern day Sloan Rangers, having a little work here and a wee dabble there, a punt at a gallery, etc. but nothing that constitutes an actual career. Dilettantes to the nth degree.
Also the young woman could have such a perfect upbringing that the press reporters will not be able to find any faults.
Well the field is well open on that one. Prince Andrew and Koo Stark were never going to make it, but this is a whole new era and the chances of finding a 30 year old virgin with breeding, intellect and personality are miniscule.

Then again, Prince Carl Philip of Sweden is engaged to marry a woman with a very interesting resume, so I'm guessing anything is possible.

Point: We know nothing except gossip and not even a single photo to show for all that waffle. Basically, there is nothing in the demeanor of either to lead one to believe they are madly in love or even madly in lust.

They've done enough in public to indicate that the relationship is not platonic, at certain junctures anyway. How deep the relationship goes we may never be allowed to 'see', as in the days of Chelsy Davey. Cressida may be 'the one' with extreme discretion factored in, or just be a 'blind' with her consent. With focus on Cressida, someone else can be courted in private. But I think that's a long-shot. I really don't see allowing someone like Cressida to be the foil. Pretty tacky.

They have probably been advised to keep the relationship totally off the press until (or if) they enter an engagement. The one tid-bit that I'd be inclined to think is true is Harry consulting at length with his brother William. That makes sense. One can guess at William's bias in the direction of ultimate discretion.

Last edited:
All the photos we ever see is them in a group of people at some music festival or some other event. Have they ever been pictured getting in the same car just the 2 of them?

I don't think hiding everything until an engagement is feasible. The palace isn't ever going to say anything on their private lives. The palace never announced that William is dating Kate but when she is at the garter ceremony and Air Force wings ceremony with William's family you know it's very serious.

All the photos we ever see is them in a group of people at some music festival or some other event. Have they ever been pictured getting in the same car just the 2 of them?

Not in public, no, which doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. They are not living their relationship in the public eye. That is all.

As for evidence: they hugged on the ski slopes. They have had outings together, dates, but they are never tactile in the way Chelsy was with Harry. They have their secret and Cressida seems perfectly adapted to the scenario as it is playing out. (As said, I have a hunch that what we see is a function of who Cressida is). Still, I do agree, there is an unreality about the purported romance. Yet wasn't it the same way with Felipe and Letizia in Spain? Another royal engagement was also a surprise when it came, can't recall which one it was. So it does happen.

I don't think hiding everything until an engagement is feasible.

But they seem to be succeeding.

I am going to be the minority in this perhaps, but I think some of the recent article is a 'message' from Harry, not Cressida, and is an indication/proof from Harry to Cressida that he is serious.

The palace isn't ever going to say anything on their private lives. The palace never announced that William is dating Kate but when she is at the garter ceremony and Air Force wings ceremony with William's family you know it's very serious.

The attendance at events may never happen until Harry and Cressida are engaged. William is the heir. His future wife was bound to be more interesting (and vetted) than the wife of Harry will be. It's possible that the discretion is intentional, intended not to take anything away from William and Kate, who work as well to take nothing away from Charles and Camilla, who in their turn do nothing to take away from the Queen and Prince Philip. Makes sense to me but it's all speculation, of course.

Married to Chelsy and the fannish impression is that Harry and Chelsy would have been a barrel-of-fun couple, reflecting Chelsy's bonhomie and Harry's (supposed) party lifestyle. Married to Cressida, the impression is of a far more discreet and private life lived very much as the third and possibly fourth in-line to the throne. Harry has said he wants his own family now. Cressida may be the one for such a discreet, domestic life.

Anyway, I know nothing of Cressida except her looks and style, both of which I like. She is quite pretty and I think she will be a dazzling beauty as she matures. I love her style and could see it also maturing into interesting by-ways over the years. Somehow she seems the perfect (perhaps eccentric) wife of a second son. I hope they marry because I think she will make a stunning bride, and I am am keen for a marriage. :p ;) (I also think she is probably a very nice young woman. Can't go wrong with the blessings of Princess Eugenie.)

Last edited:
They've done enough in public to indicate that the relationship is not platonic, at certain junctures anyway. How deep the relationship goes we may never be allowed to 'see', as in the days of Chelsy Davey. Cressida may be 'the one' with extreme discretion factored in, or just be a 'blind' with her consent. With focus on Cressida, someone else can be courted in private. But I think that's a long-shot. I really don't see allowing someone like Cressida to be the foil. Pretty tacky.

They have probably been advised to keep the relationship totally off the press until (or if) they enter an engagement. The one tid-bit that I'd be inclined to think is true is Harry consulting at length with his brother William. That makes sense. One can guess at William's bias in the direction of ultimate discretion.
The point I am trying to make (to little effect) is that we have evidence they dated. We have evidence that they ceased to date.

They move in the same circles and so can obviously be at the same events, parties, weddings, etc. just as Chelsey Davy did.

Now, since the tabloids have them back together there is not one single verifiable piece of evidence to support it.

On the strength of that people are psychoanalysing Harry, pontificating at length on every aspect of his personal life which is sort of creepy but the vehement assertions that Harry needs his brother to hold his hand, tell him what to do, how to conduct his love life, has an incredible "ick" factor in that it effectively reduces Harry to a child. Maybe he'll meet someone and date her for ten years and then marry her.

I just hope they stop the Cressie is to delicate to handle the press nonsense when she happily poses for club opening with her family and takes pictures with her sister and Natalie Imbruglia that were in today's Daily Mail and then complain if she is photographed on the street.

Totally agree, Lady Nimue! Can't add anything to that full summation!

Except, in answer to 'have they ever been seen in a car together, alone. Answer, no not alone, but they were snapped getting into a car together early this year after a night at the theatre. Harry's Royal Protection Officers were in attendance though.

Hi, Marg. :flowers:

The point I am trying to make (to little effect) is that we have evidence they dated. We have evidence that they ceased to date. They move in the same circles and so can obviously be at the same events, parties, weddings, etc. just as Chelsey Davy did. Now, since the tabloids have them back together there is not one single verifiable piece of evidence to support it.

I see your point. I think anyone would. Just see it differently is all. :)

On the strength of that people are psychoanalysing Harry, pontificating at length on every aspect of his personal life which is sort of creepy

Oh. :sad: Pontificating? Creepy? Dunno what to say. I find it fun.

but the vehement assertions that Harry needs his brother to hold his hand, tell him what to do, how to conduct his love life, has an incredible "ick" factor in that it effectively reduces Harry to a child.

No vehement assertions here. It was suggested in the article and it seems reasonable to me, that Harry might consult William, but it's pure speculation on my part.

LATER: In regards consultation being child-like, my impression is that this monarchy-royal-family business requires consultation. It would be unusual for any member of the BRF or any ruling royal family to consider themselves independent agents, not so? I don't think it's a matter of consulting on how one 'conducts one's love life' as much as handling the press and the impressions that ensue. Again, JMO.

Maybe he'll meet someone and date her for ten years and then marry her.

Maybe. :flowers: But it seems, given what Harry has said, that he is keen to get on with the life of raising his own family. I can only go by that, and wish him the best, hoping he handles the courtship in the best possible way for all concerned.

Totally agree, Lady Nimue! Can't add anything to that full summation!

Except, in answer to 'have they ever been seen in a car together, alone. Answer, no not alone, but they were snapped getting into a car together early this year after a night at the theatre. Harry's Royal Protection Officers were in attendance though.

Thank you, Curryong. :flowers: I'm having fun with it on a weekend when I have some extra time.

Last edited:
There are tweets that Harry has flown off to South Africa for a while. He may be in Lesotho, the country close to his heart. It's probably only a short trip though.

There are tweets that Harry has flown off to South Africa for a while. He may be in Lesotho, the country close to his heart. It's probably only a short trip though.

Just FYI, the US Embassy/State Department there removed the order for family to leave the country (put in place after the military coup in late Aug. - early Sept.). It has kept a strong caution for travelers and Embassy staff based on the unresolved control of the military in Lesotho.

See Lesotho Travel Warning for more.

The UK recommendations also recommend caution, post Aug. 30: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/lesotho

Or he might not be there at all.

The Sun article used a Cressie photo because they didn't have a photo of the new blonde, but Emily 's from the Sun who wrote the article says its not Cressie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom