Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, sometimes I think people act like marrying a royal means death or something, but if you love that person all the other stuff will be ok. I mean honestly there are many great things that come with being a royal, but you also can be involved in charities and other things that allow you to include the things you love. Like Kate with art and photography. Life doesn't end. Yes it takes a special kind of person to do it and give up what they thought they wanted or would have in life, but that's life. Most people don't get everything they want in life, actually, no one does and that's ok. The RIGHT person will except the change and challenges because they love Harry. It didn't happen for whatever reason with Chelsy, but it will happen with someone. It's not impossible.
:previous:

Couldn't agree more.

Honestly, sometimes I think people act like marrying a royal means death or something, but if you love that person all the other stuff will be ok. I mean honestly there are many great things that come with being a royal, but you also can be involved in charities and other things that allow you to include the things you love. Like Kate with art and photography. Life doesn't end. Yes it takes a special kind of person to do it and give up what they thought they wanted or would have in life, but that's life. Most people don't get everything they want in life, actually, no one does and that's ok. The RIGHT person will except the change and challenges because they love Harry. It didn't happen for whatever reason with Chelsy, but it will happen with someone. It's not impossible.

No necessarily. It isn't challenging to the feelings between the royals concerned but you have to be emotionally and mentally resiliant. And I dont think you or I or any one generally knows what it must be like to have everything you wear, your make-up, hair, voice, deportment, friends, family, education, intelligence, attitude, etc etc picked over every time you step outside of the door. And remember it isnt just you - its your family - what your parents backgrounds are, how they did in school, are they socially acceptable , are they on the make ............. and it goes on.

Love does not conquer all. This is a potentially corrosive environment. Harry got it right when he said it takes time. And judging by the last weeks antics over Cressida, they are not prepared to give that time.

Chelsy Davy watched, investigated (my opinion) considered and said "not for me". And I admire her for that.

Or it could be that Chelsy and Harry decided mutually that they weren't right for each other. They got together when they were both very young, and they simply could have just grew apart.

Last edited:
I'm agreeing that it takes a lot of strength, but I don't think the environment should be called corrosive. When the right person comes along, like I said, it will work and they will marry and be happy. I just think some people exaggerated the situation and over complicate.

I'm agreeing that it takes a lot of strength, but I don't think the environment should be called corrosive. When the right person comes along, like I said, it will work and they will marry and be happy. I just think some people exaggerated the situation and over complicate.

I agree. I have no doubt that when he's ready, Harry will find the right person to share his life with.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...iled-butcher-Battersea.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Just a disclaimer: I Do Not Know how accurate the Daily Mail's story is, but I shall post nonetheless.

Side Note: I found it incredibly annoying how, at least the Daily Mail, they kept making a big deal about how aristocratic Cressida was and the making digs about how Kate wasn't. Shoot me...

Now there is this bit of information.

Please note that posts relating to the size of the British Royal family, future royal engagements, etc. have been deleted as off topic.

Anyone else read the (gossip rag) reports that Cressida has given Harry 3 months to "prove he's serious"?

Anyone else read the (gossip rag) reports that Cressida has given Harry 3 months to "prove he's serious"?

Which gossip rags would that be?

If any of that is remotely true, then Harry will be tracking down the "insider" or "sources". Looks more like a work of fiction.

I saw the article a few days ago, but I refused to post it. While some people understand that the article is fiction, others take it as pure fact an then there is a ten page discussion about how horrible of a person someone is. Then, for the duration of their relationship with the royal (or until they get engagement to said royal) people bring it up and hate the person for no reason other than because some stupid article from some worthless newspaper or online whatever made up some article put 'sources' in it and published it.

Lord help us all....

Runway Harry, run as fast as you can, hop the next flight to Afghanistan if need be.

Exactly why should he hop on the next flight to Afghanistan because his supposed girlfriend wants to get committed?

If any of that is remotely true, then Harry will be tracking down the "insider" or "sources". Looks more like a work of fiction.

I actually think it's true, it may have been "made up" but I can totally see Cressida saying it. We apparently know she cooled off relations after Vegas which from a girls point of view you can understand. If Cressida wants to be in the long haul she has every right to attempt to get Henry on the straight and narrow. Afghanistan seems to have curbed his "harriness" and I don't mean for him to be gone all together, I mean just for him to maybe tone it down.

Thanks for the link. :flowers:

That is the most hilarious thing I have ever read. Do we really think that this girl, no matter how cute she is, has the ability to call the shots when it comes to Harry? I doubt very much that this young lady would ever wear the pants, let alone tell Harry what to do and expect him to jump. This is just plain rediculous. But then what do we expect from these tabloid magazines. Harry will do what he wants, when he wants and with whom he wants. Simple really, dont you think?

No necessarily. It isn't challenging to the feelings between the royals concerned but you have to be emotionally and mentally resiliant. And I dont think you or I or any one generally knows what it must be like to have everything you wear, your make-up, hair, voice, deportment, friends, family, education, intelligence, attitude, etc etc picked over every time you step outside of the door. And remember it isnt just you - its your family - what your parents backgrounds are, how they did in school, are they socially acceptable , are they on the make ............. and it goes on.

Love does not conquer all. This is a potentially corrosive environment. Harry got it right when he said it takes time. And judging by the last weeks antics over Cressida, they are not prepared to give that time.

Chelsy Davy watched, investigated (my opinion) considered and said "not for me". And I admire her for that.

I agree, on all counts.

Harry's choices are severely limited. Not only does he have the challenge that faces all young men looking for a mate - to find a woman with whom he has lots in common and who cares about him as much as he cares about her and who wants to marry him for the man he is, not the prince he is - but she will have to also satisfy all the tests imposed by the external factors which apply to the relationship. Having to live in that goldfish bowl would gradually eat away at you and be a source of conflict. No matter how much you love someone, to have strangers gawking at you all the time and gasping about what you wear, how you step out of a car, the way you speak, the way you wear your hair, and all that stuff, would test anyone's resolve. And on top of the insane interest from the public and the press, you have the grey men pestering you too and telling you what to say and whom to say it to.

I think it's a shame that the test for a potential wife for Harry is not whether or not she loves him, but whether or not she can stand to put up with all these external pressures. Love certainly does not conquer all, and I have a feeling that he is going to have to wait a very long time to find a "soulmate" who happens to be able to handle the pressure, or will have to "settle" for a suitable, well bred gel who knows the rules and is prepared to play the game.

I personally feel that a lawyer is not the right sort of person for that job, because we are taught to question and to challenge and argue. Chelsy was studying economics, not law, when they met, but she's a lawyer now and probably had that tendency to question the status quo all along and it has only developed with her change in career direction. No wonder she decided the job of a Windsor wife wasn't for her.

Last edited:
That is the most hilarious thing I have ever read. Do we really think that this girl, no matter how cute she is, has the ability to call the shots when it comes to Harry? I doubt very much that this young lady would ever wear the pants, let alone tell Harry what to do and expect him to jump. This is just plain rediculous. But then what do we expect from these tabloid magazines. Harry will do what he wants, when he wants and with whom he wants. Simple really, dont you think?

I can easily imagine in a blossoming relationship where one party is known to have a wild side, that the other party says - I dont want that going on.

And I also think that Harry will listen to that if he cares about her. It isnt about her "wearing the pants" - its about mutual respect and a balanced relationship, where neither one just does does what they want without considering the feelings of the other.

I still dont know if this is a serious relationship.

Do we really think that this girl, no matter how cute she is, has the ability to call the shots when it comes to Harry? I doubt very much that this young lady would ever wear the pants, let alone tell Harry what to do and expect him to jump. This is just plain rediculous. But then what do we expect from these tabloid magazines. Harry will do what he wants, when he wants and with whom he wants. Simple really, dont you think?

Yes I really do. What about Henry tells you that he's a man that won't give in to anyone, will always wear the pants and won't do anything for anyone else if he's asked? I completely disagree that Henry seems like the kind of guy who "will do what he wants, when he wants and with whom he wants". Sounds to me like you're saying Henry isn't capable of anything but Vegas nights out and one night stands.

I'm sorry but I think Henry is perfectly able to listen to woman, who is clearly expressing changes to his lifestyle that probably his whole family want to happen, if he knows he wants her in his life. If Cressida is some kind of fling for him, and she doesn't know it. Then he's not the guy I thought he was and he should dump her now and save her the horrific might of the British press.

I agree. Although I don't think she's a mouse either and can pretty well voice her opinion. I don't think Harry would like a mouse lol.

It's stupid anyway because from what we are told they have been dating for a while so I'm pretty sure they've figured it out themselves. And I doubt these newspapers would really know anyway. Stupid!

It's stupid anyway because from what we are told they have been dating for a while so I'm pretty sure they've figured it out themselves. And I doubt these newspapers would really know anyway. Stupid!

The newspapers knew that Cressida was around before Vegas, and that she didn't like Henry's antics so apparently left him or gave up. They're one of the reasons we heard about her.

Last edited:
That is the most hilarious thing I have ever read. Do we really think that this girl, no matter how cute she is, has the ability to call the shots when it comes to Harry?

Why not? It wouldn't be the first time a man had given a woman that sort of power. Harry doesn't strike me as being an alpha male. He seems like the sort of person who is very eager to please.

I doubt very much that this young lady would ever wear the pants, let alone tell Harry what to do and expect him to jump. This is just plain rediculous. But then what do we expect from these tabloid magazines. Harry will do what he wants, when he wants and with whom he wants. Simple really, dont you think?

I don't think it's quite that simple. The fact it appears in a tabloid magazine does not necessarily mean it is not true. It is quite possible that Harry wants her, and, if she has indeed set this test for him, will do as she asks.

The newspapers know that Cressida was around before Vegas, and then didn't like Henry's antics so apparently left him or gave up. They're one of the reasons we heard about her.

I know that. Though who actually know what happened between they with the Vegas stuff. I don't pay attention to their speculation much regardless of whatever 'sources' they have unless it comes from the horse's mouth. I am very sceptic all about anything they say. Until the pictures of them in Switzerland I wasn't even sure they were together so...

Although there was the picture of them in the movies in July, but they were just sitting next to each other and were with other friends so I didn't know if that was true or not. Now I think they probably were together last July and probably have trouble with the whole Vegas thing I can imagine, but I still don't trust the media and what they say. They rarely even really know what's going on under the surface. Look at Will and Kate.

Last edited:
Exactly why should he hop on the next flight to Afghanistan because his supposed girlfriend wants to get committed?

JMO but any time some one starts issuing ultimatums it is best to walk if not run away as fast as you can or be prepared to put up with a lifetime of "its my way or the highway" BS from that person.

I did like how you said she wants to get committed......that might be a good solution:flowers:

I know that. Though who actually know what happened between they with the Vegas stuff. I don't pay attention to their speculation much regardless of whatever 'sources' they have unless it comes from the horse's mouth. I am very sceptic all about anything they say. Until the pictures of them in Switzerland I wasn't even sure they were together so...

Although there was the picture of them in the movies in July, but they were just sitting next to each other and were with other friends so I didn't know if that was true or not. Now I think they probably were together last July and probably have trouble with the whole Vegas thing I can imagine, but I still don't trust the media and what they say. They rarely even really know what's going on under the surface. Look at Will and Kate.

We know a royal relationship is never going to come from the horses mouth until an engagement is announced, that was the way with William and Catherine. We never got confirmation of any kind of Chelsy and Henry, we guessed from the kisses, and the attendance at events etc. You are right that the media probably don't know the true story, but like us they guess and they do see a lot more "live action" than we do. We can doubt the truth of the "sources" and "insiders" but when it comes down to it every piece of royal information we get is relayed to us through the press. Sometimes you have to go with it, and match it against what we think we already know.

JMO but any time some one starts issuing ultimatums it is best to walk if not run away as fast as you can or be prepared to put up with a lifetime of "its my way or the highway" BS from that person.

I did like how you said she wants to get committed......that might be a good solution:flowers:

I agree that ultimatums are a bad sign, however this isn't just an ordinary relationship. Like I said if Cressida is serious, and she sticks around she's going to get a lot of hassle from a lot of people and Henry will need to be there to back her up. If he thinks this is a fling, or things the relationship isn't serious because Cressida never brought it up then Cressida is on her own.

Just like you are skeptical as to whether or not they are actually together or even serious, I am skeptical about articles claiming things about them and what they are going through while only siting unidentified 'sources'. I'd rather take things at face value and leave the rest of their relationship to them, no speculating on what's going on in their relationship. It always leads to people making judgements about a person they know little about. Usually bad ones. I distinctly remember all the mess and comments with Kate.

Last edited:
Is she "calling the shots" or is she setting some boundaries?

IF they had some sort of commitment/understanding before Vegas, and I said IF, I think she has some right to set some ground rules going forward. In any relationship we set boundaries, boundaries of what we find acceptable within the relationship and what we don't. If Harry does not agree with Cressie's boundaries, he's free to move on.

Personally IF this is true, that fact that she had to set the particular ground rules she's setting should set off all sorts of warning bells in her head.

Personally IF this is true, that fact that she had to set the particular ground rules she's setting should set off all sorts of warning bells in her head.

IF this is true it should be setting off warning bells in his head too.

I have to agree with everyone here that Harry doesn't seem like a dominant guy. He seems pretty easygoing as said. However, I also don't necessarily agree with some who have the impression the he is just out for a good time. I've always had the impression the he's a type of guy who wants a real relationship not flings. Especially considering his long relationship with Chelsy and the fact that we don't have any evidence of that kind of behavior from him.

Last edited:
I honestly laughed when I first read it simply because it sounded so ridiculous - down to the whole "insider" source. It's pretty typical of a tabloid report.

If it is true (not saying it is) then I think it's a good sign. It means that she at least wants this to be serious and isn't going to be screwed around by him - before she commits she wants to know he's on the same page. This is giving him the chance to figure out if he's there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom