Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that is interesting.

Yea, this was not a relationship that was meant to be. Nothing she wants to do is compatible with being a member of the royal family.

Hmm, her sister's acting career went nowhere fast (and I always thought she used William's alleged interest in her to manipulate a proposal from Sam Branson).

Wonder if Cressida is following the same path?

Hmm, her sister's acting career went nowhere fast (and I always thought she used William's alleged interest in her to manipulate a proposal from Sam Branson).

Wonder if Cressida is following the same path?

I always thought this alleged interest was very much exagerated and who else had something to gain... I'm afraid the same path will be followed by Cressida and we'll ear about Harry's interest on her for quite some time (and if it's over for good, we'll certainly ear she dumped him).

I'm sorry but this article(if it's true) makes Harry look worse than "boring" Cress....she was"too square" and not into the excess partying and nights out? She was concerned about his ability to be faithful?

They are discussing a man approaching his 30th birthday as if he was a rebellious frat boy of 19! If he did dump her it sounds like he did her a favor. Harry seems nowhere near ready for a serious commitment.:ermm:

I always thought this alleged interest was very much exagerated and who else had something to gain...

Exactly!
It was amazing the way the whole story (William and Isabella) escalated!

The story went from a sheer invention by the press to William making a (rather drunken) pass one night in a club, to Isabella as some great unrequited love who rejected William (in favor of her true love, Sam Branson).

I always thought it was mostly spin.

I'm afraid the same path will be followed by Cressida and we'll ear about Harry's interest on her for quite some time (and if it's over for good, we'll certainly ear she dumped him).
Yes, if she didn't dump him after Vegas, why would she now?
But I suppose we'll hear how royal life wasn't for her, she 's too free-spirited, etc.

Last edited:
I have to agree that if the article is true that Harry thought she was too "boring" then he isn't very nice. I don't say that I agree with the article at all. I also have to say (though I'm sure it may upset some Chelsy fans) that I have always thought she looked and on occasion behaved, rather trashy. The BRF doesn't need that, they already had that with Fergie, better a little boredom. :)

I completely agree about Chelsy...never understood the hype!

Some minor royals have married scholars or even a physician. Is such a person completely outside Harry's circle? I think it's the heir to the Duke of Gloucester who is married to a practicing physician. The heir to the Duke of Kent is married to a teacher at Oxford or Cambridge. There are some nice good looking educated women out there, but are they unsuitable for Harry? I don't know at all, just asking.
I think of the Hereditary Grand Duchess of Luxembourg who has a Master's degree which she acquired by study in Russia. She is pretty too. Could Harry be interested in such a person? There must be a lot of them out there if one knows where to look. But Harry may be looking in a tiny fraction of the population? As I said, I have no idea.

Last edited:
Although Henry is nearly 30, I doubt very much he is ready for marriage. Recently is was 'playing it up' with a dancer at a bar. By all accounts he still likes to party hard. In that way, I guess he is like Chelsy. They both work and party hard I think. But Chelsy wants more than just 'ribbon cutting'.

Not sure why we should aim at a lady for Henry, he is certainly no gentleman and I guess one could argue that not many men or women in the RF are ladies or gentlemen.

The double standards for women versus men in the RF are breathtaking! Why must a women behave any better than the men? Is she the head of the family? I guess if she is, she should lead by example...I'm pretty sure that model won't be up for some time.:whistling:

From the little I know of Harry I believe he is not very interested in intellectual pursuits and I therefore cannot imagine him in a relationship with a university lecturer or professor, but I could see him with a medico or a fellow army officer who, though university educated is inclined towards practical rather than theoretical application of their skills and who isn't looking for an intellectual giant as a partner.

Last edited:
It never ceases to amaze me that people read the DM or even worse, E Online, and believe every single nasty thing they print. Harry is:

- trying to win Cressida back by Cooking!

- not trying to win Cressida's bac because he thinks she's boring - to whom did he impart this information that he should be called "not a very nice" person?

- partying hard and (shock, horror) drinking - (although there's been a strange dearth of photo's of him falling out of any Clubs. Actually, there has been a strange dearth of verified sightings of him out partying on the town.

- not very interested in intellectual pursuits - so obviously any woman who doesn't have to take her shoes off to count to twenty will not qualify as "girlfriend" material.

- not a gentleman so Ladies need not apply! (wow, harsh much)

- shouldn't chase after Chelsey again because she's trashy like Fergie! (wow, that is really harsh).

All in all this thread is starting to make dismal reading more like "Shallow Hal", with dire and dreadful judgements winging off the page. Perhaps a little Harry: relationship rumours and musing would spark a little interest. At present it's trending towards a feminist manifesto a la Germaine Greer.

Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013

Harry not being an intellectual is well known and he has admitted to struggling academically. He is more of a action man. So if he dated a Hermione Granger type person who would rather read a classic novel and go the National Gallery instead of going to watch England play Wales at Twickenham or spend a week on Balmoral, that probably isn't going to last if they have nothing in common.

Last edited:
Some minor royals have married scholars or even a physician. Is such a person completely outside Harry's circle? I think it's the heir to the Duke of Gloucester who is married to a practicing physician. The heir to the Duke of Kent is married to a teacher at Oxford or Cambridge. There are some nice good looking educated women out there, but are they unsuitable for Harry? I don't know at all, just asking.

Those minor royals don't have the press following them around every minute; they can meet all sorts of people and it won't hit the headlines.
But anyone Harry so much as smiles at had better be ready for a massive media presence in her life!

That makes it hard for him to socialize outside of the same circles he's grown up in.

Most likely Harry's dating pool is mostly friends of his friends. He did not go to university so he wasn't exposed to a wider pool of people that William was. I don't think the Blues and Royals have female members of the regiment. Maybe he could meet someone that works with a charity sort how Edward met Sophie on an engagement.

This would only work if Pippa would dye her hair blond:whistling:, after all, Harry seems pretty true to his "type."
Seriously, isn't there a leggy blond who is passionate about (or working for) one of his charities who is single and available out there somewhere for Harry?
This is what I wrote over a year ago @ their last alleged break up.
I tend to believe this break up is for real, unlike the previous ones, Harry just looked too relieved and happy at the wedding in the USA and since when he's been out and about.
For Harry yes, for the 20 something model/actress trying to sell her face/rise above all the other 20 something leggy blondes in the modelling/acting sphere I doubt that it's awful @ all.
This was in reference to the media being all over any female he was photographed speaking to, not saying this applies to Cress, but it would be nice if the next GF was not in the wannabe actress/dancer/model category.
I suspect Cress has friends/family intertwined w/ the media, it started w/ the 'he'd be lucky to date her' spin, then the 'he's serious and she's not sure,' and now the 'he finally persuaded her and then dumped her,' or, 'she has the upper hand and they'll reconcile.' Reminds me in an unpleasant way of the war of the Wales where we kept reading Diana's spin and no defense from Charles' side. Not saying Cress is the source of all this, and you can't control your friends and family (think Uncle Gary,) but I won't miss all of this nonsense from 'friends of the couple' or 'from a member of their circle' (or her half brother Jacobi quoted.)
Wouldn't it be nice if Harry could have a quietly discreet relationship w/out all the spin and angst. Weren't Edward and Sophie pretty under the radar? Or was Edward so far down the line of succession by then that no one cared that much?

Wouldn't it be nice if Harry could have a quietly discreet relationship w/out all the spin and angst. Weren't Edward and Sophie pretty under the radar? Or was Edward so far down the line of succession by then that no one cared that much?

I think that was pretty much the case (with Edward).

But Harry is media gold; stories about him generate a lot of interest and will probably never stop (at least until George and his possible siblings get old enough to date).

Harry not being an intellectual is well known and he has admitted to struggling academically. He is more of a action man. So if he dated a Hermione Granger type person who would rather read a classic novel and go the National Gallery instead of going to watch England play Wales at Twickenham or spend a week on Balmoral, that probably isn't going to last if they have nothing in common.
I am not sure why the notion that Harry isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer survives all evidence to the contrary. Harry is very self depricating, which is sweet, and he isn't going to read history at Cambridge but, not-too-bright action men do not qualify to fly aircraft let alone Apache Helicopters!

As to his love life, I hope his next girlfriend is a woman of wit and charm that he manages to keep out of the media for as long as possible

Last edited:
I am not sure why the notion that Harry isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer survives all evidence to the contrary. Harry is very self depricating, which is sweet, and he isn't going to read history at Cambridge but, not-too-bright action men do not qualify to fly aircraft let alone Apache Helicopters!

As to his love life, I hope his next girlfriend is a woman of wit and charm that he manages to keep out of the media for as long as possible

I agree. He is not academic but that does not mean stupid. Educational snobbery is so limiting.

I didn't read Skippyboo's comments as implying that Harry isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. Harry did struggle academically, but so did Albert Einstein. I don't know if Harry reads classic novels, but I am pretty sure he enjoys art.

Although I agree that a marriage is easier if the spouses share each others' interests, it's far more important that they share common goals, compliment each others' temperaments, and have great communications. I hope he finds someone who can make him happy and who he can make happy.

I agree. He is not academic but that does not mean stupid. Educational snobbery is so limiting.

I agree. Frankly I find that common sense is more important when it comes down to the brass tacks.

We've had our fill of educational elitists over here that think by virtue of their Ivy League schools they have the right to tell others what to do and how to do it.

LaRae

I agree. Frankly I find that common sense is more important when it comes down to the brass tacks.

We've had our fill of educational elitists over here that think by virtue of their Ivy League schools they have the right to tell others what to do and how to do it.

LaRae

"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"

-Isaac Asimov

(But as for Harry- he seems equipped for the job he's doing and never struck me as a stupid man)

Last edited:
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'"

-Isaac Asimov

(But as for Harry- he seems equipped for the job he's doing and never struck me as a stupid man)

I'm a college educated person. I am not anti-intellectual...I am anti those, who by virtue of their education, think they have the right to tell those they consider to be ignorant that they are wrong to believe and/or do X.

Helicopter pilots are not stupid. You cannot be stupid and fly that type of machine. Scholastic testing is a subjective thing to begin with (as are IQ tests) so because one does not make top scores in classes does not mean they are dumb or not as smart as the person who does make those top scores.

LaRae

:previous:WOW, Pranter, that is one great comment. A person who flies one of these type of machines in active/non-active duty can't be stupid at all. It takes brains to learn all that there is to do. That is not a job for dumb wit person. I think Harry has found his niche, so to speak, about what his interest are in life, he loves the military, flying and being with men who treat him as an equal. And it seems he has a great concern for the welfare of children, think someday he will make a very good father!

I'm a college educated person. I am not anti-intellectual...I am anti those, who by virtue of their education, think they have the right to tell those they consider to be ignorant that they are wrong to believe and/or do X.

Helicopter pilots are not stupid. You cannot be stupid and fly that type of machine. Scholastic testing is a subjective thing to begin with (as are IQ tests) so because one does not make top scores in classes does not mean they are dumb or not as smart as the person who does make those top scores.

LaRae
You are quite correct. It is a common misconception that a superior education denotes a superior intellect. It does not and I woud go so far as to say that Harry is living proof of that fallacy.

I believe that he will find someone with whom he shares grass roots common ground. Honour, duty, a generosity of spirit and a wicked sense of humour.

I hope he finds a more common down to earth type of person as opposed to the type of girls (titled and/or socialites) who move in his social circle. He needs to follow his brother's lead in this.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom