Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Harry and Cressida are having a gap year!

Both need to grow up, be less needy, get used to royal life...... both too young IMO for any form of commitment

Lumutqueen: happy to oblige!

Dman: I believe the Telegraph allows you to only view a certain number of articles a month without a subscription.

The gist of the article is that a source in the palace has confirmed the split, but that it sounds like this is a "breather" for the relationship, similar to what William and Catherine went through previously, and may end up with a reconciliation later, but neither party is sure.

W&K's breather was kind of one sided by William. I wonder if Harry waited for his brother and sister in law to get back to discuss breaking up. He really wasn't spotted around the town for most of April.

Dear Hello Magazine-

Elvis was not the King of Rock. He was just The King.

I believe that King of Rock is the name of an album by Run D.M.C.

Please correct your records.

Thank you.

He was also called the King of Rock and Roll.

Looks like Harry and Cressida are having a gap year!

Both need to grow up, be less needy, get used to royal life...... both too young IMO for any form of commitment

Totally disagree with everything you've just written.

1; After going to fight in Afghanistan I don't think Henry needs to grow up. Nor does Cressida look like a little child when it comes to the situation she's in.

2; Could you please explain how you know either one of the people in this relationship was needy?

3; Too young for any form of commitment? Who are you to judge? Anywhere between the ages of 0-18 is too young for commitment ie marriage in my book, anything after that is fine and dandy. If Henry and Cressida don't think they're working out then that's fine, but neither is too young for any form of commitment.

Not quite sure if trust Rebecca English let alone her sources;

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 12m
According to my sources #princeharry #cressida split story is true but they're furious at the suggestion it's because she was 'too needy'

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 9m
After speaking to another source I think it's a question of timing & wouldn't be surprised if they get back together in a few months time.

I bet it another William and Catherine break up.

Harry and Chelsy had many on and off so this might be just a temporary split

It's not fair to compare relationships but Will and Kate also had a break... We'll see...

Well ... if it is true, it may be a good development. Prince Henry and the British royal family in general could benefit from a marriage to a really rich heiress. So the British will not say that Prince Henry sponges off taxpayers.

Last edited:
Totally disagree with everything you've just written.

1; After going to fight in Afghanistan I don't think Henry needs to grow up. Nor does Cressida look like a little child when it comes to the situation she's in.

2; Could you please explain how you know either one of the people in this relationship was needy?

3; Too young for any form of commitment? Who are you to judge? Anywhere between the ages of 0-18 is too young for commitment ie marriage in my book, anything after that is fine and dandy. If Henry and Cressida don't think they're working out then that's fine, but neither is too young for any form of commitment.

Not quite sure if trust Rebecca English let alone her sources;

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 12m
According to my sources #princeharry #cressida split story is true but they're furious at the suggestion it's because she was 'too needy'

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 9m
After speaking to another source I think it's a question of timing & wouldn't be surprised if they get back together in a few months time.

I bet it another William and Catherine break up.

Lumutqueen - thanks for your opinion - as usual set out in detail from the position of "I am right" - good for you., Im entitled to my opinion. Nothing more to add.

Although we know very little about Harry & Cressida's relationship, it didn't appear (to me) that their relationship was as heavy as William & Catherine's courtship. You could tell William & Catherine was in a relationship all while trying to remain discrete; whereas Harry & Cressida had a way of looking rather distant on the rare public apprearences. What I'm trying to say is that Harry & Cressida's relationship didn't look that serious as his relationship with Chelsy Davy.

Things probably didn't go where they wanted or thought it would go. That's life.

Harry is older and probably looking for a relationship that would go somewhere. Harry is private about these things of course but when he was with Chelsy, he had no problem showing his love and relationship with her. Judging by that, that's wasn't something I saw with him and Cressida at all.

Last edited:
Well ... if it is true, it may be a good development. Prince Henry and the British royal family in general could benefit from a marriage to a really rich heiress. So the British will not say that Prince Henry sponges off taxpayers.

How exactly could they benefit from the arrange marraige you are describing? Sounds like a train wreck to me.

Lumutqueen - thanks for your opinion - as usual set out in detail from the position of "I am right" - good for you., Im entitled to my opinion. Nothing more to add.

You evidently just skipped past what I actually wrote and decided to cop out of a discussion.
This forum is based on discussion of opinions, I happened to disagree with yours and detailed as to why I disagreed with it and actually asked you some questions so I could understand better where your opinion was formulated from. If you have an issue with discussion of this nature, in which I try and understand your opinions by asking questions, then I am sorry. :flowers:

Last edited:
Although we know very little about Harry & Cressida's relationship, it didn't appear (to me) that their relationship was as heavy as William & Catherine's courtship. You could tell William & Catherine was in a relationship all while trying to remain discrete; whereas Harry & Cressida had a way of looking rather distant on the rare public apprearences. What I'm trying to say is that Harry & Cressida's relationship didn't look that serious as his relationship with Chelsy Davy.

Things probably didn't go where they wanted or thought it would go.
Agree! To me it seemed just a "going out" ... People were the ones who had already fixed a wedding date ;)

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 28 min
Prince Harry is keen, according to those who know him, to make it clear the relationship didn't end because he found Cressida "too needy".
https://twitter.com/BBCPeterHunt/status/461242154728579073

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 30 min
Prince Harry and his girlfriend, Cressida Bonas, have split up. It's said to be "amicable" and they remain "the best of friends".

This things like "best of friends" are said in case of divorce IMO. It's just a break up of two young people...

You gotta think about time scales here;
William and Catherine = 8 years before engagement.
Henry and Chelsy were together for = 5 years?
Henry and Cressida = 2 years, at best.

I don't think they'd have the same "look" everytime.

Agree! To me it seemed just a "going out" ... People were the ones who had already fixed a wedding date ;)

Yeah, I think everyone just have to give Harry and his relationships some space and stop trying to rush him to the alter. If he was still dating Chelsy, I would've said that maybe a wedding would've been around the corner due to their long relationship and how it matured over the years but that's no longer the case anymore. Harry is back in the starting over phase.

You gotta think about time scales here;
William and Catherine = 8 years before engagement.
Henry and Chelsy were together for = 5 years?
Henry and Cressida = 2 years, at best.

I don't think they'd have the same "look" everytime.

I totally understand that they may not have the same "look" every time but I just didn't see Harry & Cressida being a couple or even heading to the alter as some were talking about. What I saw was a rather light dating and nothing really serious about it. It's one of the reasons why I really didn't like commenting on this relationship because it just appeared odd to me and nothing really serious beyond good friends seeing each other.

Last edited:
Worst thing is that if they think this means the media will leave her alone, they are wrong; papers and paps are still stalking Chelsy and she and Harry split up 4/5 years ago? If anything they will now stalk her 24/7 to find out if this is genuine; a bluff; or who she is now dating.

Who would want to even start this sort of relationship?

Worst thing is that if they think this means the media will leave her alone, they are wrong; papers and paps are still stalking Chelsy and she and Harry split up 4/5 years ago? If anything they will now stalk her 24/7 to find out if this is genuine; a bluff; or who she is now dating.

It takes someone who can handle the life that comes with dating Harry and he himself mentioned this in an interview about three years ago.

I don't know why they split, I suspect that we'll never really know, no that that'll stop the wild speculation about it.

I've simply always felt that Cressida, from what little we know of her, would find a royal life stifling. Someone whose education and career prospects have been in dance is unlikely, in my view, to find a career cutting ribbons and shaking hands somewhat stifling.

She has her own particular style, seems to have something of a 'free spirit' about her, she is her own person. I can imagine her looking at the life that'll be expected of her and the constant criticism of every minute aspect of Kate's person - her clothes, her hair, her posture, her hand movements, her facial expressions etc ad infinitum, and just feeling that sort of life would not suit her. I know Harry's not exactly the picture perfect prince, but royal life is a cage at the end of the day, a fancy shiny cage, but a cage nonetheless.

More power to Cressida if that's what she's decided.

They're furious at the idea that the break up was due to Cressie's being "needy"?

I'll bet Cressie's PR team is furious about that - now they have to go into overdrive.

Why does there have to be a reason given for their breakup and what business is it of anyone of us (the public) to know?

Sometimes a relationship just ends because both parties realize that they're not truly meant for each other and that the relationship wasn't meant for the long haul. It happens.

Sometimes a relationship just ends because both parties realize that they're not truly meant for each other and that the relationship wasn't meant for the long haul. It happens.

Well-said!
Sometimes it just isn't meant to be; better a broken romance than a broken marriage.

And we still don't even know if any of this is true. Heck they said Kate and William broke up in 2007 but during their engagement interview they denied that and said they only broke up during university years sooooo.........I don't really believe anything one way or another. We will see....

I'm off topic, but I think Chelsea has handled herself (and the attention) very well since the break up. She seems happy, has a sense of sang froid over the press and generally is getting on. Good for her. Wish the same for anyone that goes through that focused attention and attendant scrutiny/speculation silliness.

No kidding, why should the public know such private details?

No kidding, why should the public know such private details?

Well we don't KNOW.
But the speculation does sell ads for the tabs. Money iis a good enough reason a lot of the time. ;)

How exactly could they benefit from the arrange marraige you are describing? Sounds like a train wreck to me. ... [snipped]
It sounds like a train wreck to you, but it may not be that horrible for the parties involved. There are examples of the successful arranged marriages. Emotions are cheap and fleeting. Mutual respect and understanding of a role and duties within the British royal family is a good basis for a union.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom