Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She can't win. No matter what she does she will either be criticized or subject to unwanted attention. I haven't seen the picture but she has the right not to want to be photographed. The media is using her to make money. What does she get out of it? She loses her privacy and is subject to criticism about her hair, clothes, friends, etc... It must be very frustrating.

Being a girlfriend to these high profile royals isn't easy in the modern and advanced media world. Catherine got the worst end of things when she was dating William. I think only real love and friendship can help you get through it all.

She can't win. No matter what she does she will either be criticized or subject to unwanted attention. I haven't seen the picture but she has the right not to want to be photographed. The media is using her to make money. What does she get out of it? She loses her privacy and is subject to criticism about her hair, clothes, friends, etc... It must be very frustrating.

Of course, she has the right not to like to be photographed. My point is that sometimes it seems she likes, sometimes she acts as if she doesn't. Sounds to me like if she's playing a game.

It's a huge diffrenced if you are on a red carpet and prepaired for the press; or you are hounded by paparazzis, in your private time - followed and people jumping in your way etc.

Why is it so difficult for some people to see the diffrence? It should be the most natural thing to understand, that everybody likes their privacy. Do you wish for paparazzis to look into your bathroom and trap you where ever you go? No? So why should the next person accept that. Only because some people offer the most private situations and parts to be seen in social media and the press, doesn't mean it's the norm.

Last edited:
Of course, she has the right not to like to be photographed. My point is that sometimes it seems she likes, sometimes she acts as if she doesn't. Sounds to me like if she's playing a game.

Not how I see it. Usually appears creeped out when in an unposed setting. Handles a posed event well. She's still a kid for heavens sake.

It's a huge diffrenced if you are on a red carpet and prepaired for the press; or you are hounded by paparazzis, in your private time - followed and people jumping in your way etc.

Why is it so difficult for some people to see the diffrence? It should be the most natural thing to understand, that everybody likes their privacy. Do you wish for paparazzis to look into your bathroom and trap you where ever you go? No? So why should the next person accept that. Only because some people offer the most private situations and parts to be seen in social media and the press, doesn't mean it's the norm.

I absolutely agree. So what if sometimes she doesn't seem to mind the intrusion and other times she does. There are days that nothing bothers me and other days when everything bothers me. It's not playing games; it's being human.

If she is someplace that is set up for media, like a red carpet, she has the choice to either play along or not attend. But she should have a choice. Dating a member of the royal family shouldn't mean that she has given up the right to any privacy. She has no obligation to help media moguls make more money.

I understand the difference between being prepared for red carpet poses and being caught by the papparazzi in their private life very well. (though the Carol service is far from being a caught unprepared situation). My point is: if she hates the spotlight and loves her privacy so much, why does she attend the red carpet events?

And: "She's still a kid for heaven's sake." You must be joking, right? She's 24, not a kid.

I understand the difference between being prepared for red carpet poses and being caught by the papparazzi in their private life very well. (though the Carol service is far from being a caught unprepared situation). My point is: if she hates the spotlight and loves her privacy so much, why does she attend the red carpet events?

And: "She's still a kid for heaven's sake." You must be joking, right? She's 24, not a kid.

I'm not sure why you don't understand why she may decide to go to a red carpet event if she doesn't like the photographers. When she decides to attend it is because she has obviously decided she will enjoy it even though she'll have endure the photographers. It seems pretty straightforward.

My impression was that she was just walking in to an event with friends. Her friend was smiling anyway so I think I was supposed to be a joke. She was neith smiling nor frowning just minding her own business. Honestly Kate and Chelsy did the same thing most times. I don't see what the big deal is. If she's stuck around this long with Harry she obviously wants to be with him. She doesn't need his money or his fame; she has her family for that. She's only been photographed on a red carpet twice and both times with family members and/or for their events. Plus, there are long stretches of not seeing her at all. I don't see what the big deal is. Her friend was obviously playing a joke.

Last edited:
With boyfriend Prince Harry on a charity trek at the South Pole, Cressida Bonas is using the time to train as a teacher.
Cressida, a qualified dancer, has decided to pursue a worthy career off the stage and out of the limelight now that she is a Royal girlfriend.
The 24-year-old has been helping out at her father’s private tuition agency Bonas Macfarlane Education, in Battersea, South London, with a view to becoming a teacher. ‘She’s keeping herself busy and working hard,’ says a friend.

A suitable job for a princess Cressida takes up teaching | Mail Online

Although Prince Harry vowed to mark the end of his Walking with the Wounded expedition across Antarctica with a "few whiskies", his celebrations will be tinged with some regret at missing the toast his friends will be making back home.
The Prince’s 200-mile trek to the South Pole, with a company of a dozen war-wounded troops, was so delayed by bad weather that he was unable to attend the wedding of one of his best friends – and thus be reunited with his girlfriend of 18 months, Cressida Bonas.
Jake Warren, the son of John Warren, the Queen’s racing manager, and a godchild of the late Diana, Princess of Wales, married his long term-girlfriend, yoga teacher Zoe Stewart, yesterday at the Royal Hospital Chelsea. Guests included Princess Beatrice and her boyfriend, Dave Clarke.

Prince Harry left in the cold as he misses Cressida Bonas - Telegraph

I thought we were told that Harry was due back on the 17th December, no?

Personally, I think it evidence of a stable personality to live in the spectacular moments, when they happen. And to allow your partner's spectacular moment to unfold.

Having risked life and limb, frozen one's arse off and accomplished a spectacular goal with mates, I would pause and reflect on the moment and maybe share the after party with my mates.

I would not get on the next plane and jet home to my loved one.

The great thing about true loved ones is that they respect your interests, your efforts and how you choose to live your life. They may want more frequent access, but they understand that you need time to be the best you can be.

At your best, you are a better companion and life partner for those who choose to live life at its fullest.

These people that love you as you hang your arse off the South Pole with your very brave mates are keepers. When they don't rush off and kvetch to friends that you did not come home immediately - they are kindred spirits. Those are people that will support you through life. They get it that there are issues beyond a night at a trendy pub.

:previous: well said and I agree. But we wouldn't expect the Daily Mail to understand that :lol:

Does that mean Cressida has been talking to the press or have they started listing in on phones again??

To what are you referring to?

I’ve been reading several articles lately (daily mail, but I don’t really read that many British newspapers) that refer to things that Harry supposedly said to Cressida or visa versa. That can mean three things. Cressida (or her friends) is talking to the press, the press are listening in on phone’s or they’re making all of this up.

Like the one about Harry and his 1.200,- phone. Or the one about her becoming a teacher for Harry.

I’ve been reading several articles lately (daily mail, but I don’t really read that many British newspapers) that refer to things that Harry supposedly said to Cressida or visa versa. That can mean three things. Cressida (or her friends) is talking to the press, the press are listening in on phone’s or they’re making all of this up.

Like the one about Harry and his 1.200,- phone. Or the one about her becoming a teacher for Harry.

I'd go with her friends are talking, the press are guessing, and they're researching possibilities. I doubt Cressida would talk and phone hacking is off the agenda.

I can imagine if she would talk to the press, she will fall from favour with the royal family.

I've been wondering about this though... I can't imagine members of the BRF (or the people who work for them) don't read these articles. Doesn't it make them wonder how the press know all that. Wouldn't it make them suspicious?

I've been wondering about this though... I can't imagine members of the BRF (or the people who work for them) don't read these articles. Doesn't it make them wonder how the press know all that. Wouldn't it make them suspicious?

Of what? Royals know their relatives don't talk, their friends are trusted not to talk as are their staff and anyone who abuses that trust is no longer a friend or a staff member. The phone hacking incident, which has been highlighted today by what was listened to and recorded from Prince William's phone is being dealt with accordingly and the RF have taken stronger precautions against such violations.

It's quite easy to find out certain information, for instance that Henry had a phone whilst on his visit to the South Pole, what type of phone it was and how much it cost. The press then make a story out of that by saying this xyz phone is being used to make calls to Cressida etc.

Half the time the press simply speculate in their articles, knowing that if there is a hint of truth to what they say someone will comment in some shape way or form.

One thing seems to be common among royals: Someone is always watching them (people who protect them). Others try to see if they can watch them or figure out what is going on. Sometimes it is speculation or guessing which is either right or wrong.

Where there is smoke --- there is usually fire.

I suspect there will be an announcement early in 2014 with a wedding in mid-summer

I do wonder now that Chelsy is back from Turkey where her law firm sent her for a few months if she and Harry will get together, enough time has now past and both have matured . Chelsy is also good friends with the York sisters, so she & Harry will run into each other
If nothing else I hope that they remain good friends

I do wonder now that Chelsy is back from Turkey where her law firm sent her for a few months if she and Harry will get together, enough time has now past and both have matured . Chelsy is also good friends with the York sisters, so she & Harry will run into each other
If nothing else I hope that they remain good friends

I think any serious relationship between Harry and Chelsy has reached its sell by date and they both have moved on with their lives. It wouldn't surprise me though if Harry and Chelsy remain lifelong friends.

I think any serious relationship between Harry and Chelsy has reached its sell by date and they both have moved on with their lives. It wouldn't surprise me though if Harry and Chelsy remain lifelong friends.

I doubt that; his new gf wouldn't like it, imo. ;)

But I think they'll seldom see one another. I expect that once Harry marries, Chelsy will find herself to be not quite so welcome in his social sphere.

Why wouldn't Cressida (or another girlfriend) not like it? Depending on how close they would be, of course, I see no reason for that. Though each case is a case.

Chelsy has many friends in Harry's social circle. Friends that are also HER friends, not just HIS friends. Her best friend, Missy, is married to one of his best friends, for example. She's also good friends with Julz Erleigh, another of Harry's bestfriend. Chelsy and Harry had ended their relationship long time ago and she has remained in his circle. Nothing will change once he marries, IMO, no matter who he marries. Unless, of course, she goes to live in another country permanently and looses touch with those friends, but that's nothing to do with Harry.

Chelsy has many friends in Harry's social circle. Friends that are also HER friends, not just HIS friends. Her best friend, Missy, is married to one of his best friends, for example. She's also good friends with Julz Erleigh, another of Harry's bestfriend. Chelsy and Harry had ended their relationship long time ago and she has remained in his circle. Nothing will change once he marries, IMO, no matter who he marries. Unless, of course, she goes to live in another country permanently and looses touch with those friends, but that's nothing to do with Harry.

I'm not so sure.

What I really think is behind that...
when William and Kate briefly split up, certain people dropped her. Then they got back together, but Kate remembered who did and did not remain friendly!

Harry and Chelsy have split several times, and later reunited.
I think she'll stay in his circle, until everyone is quite convinced they're never going to get back together. Once that happens, we'll see whether her friends stay friendly.

Different situations, IMO. Those were William's friends, not Kate's. So it's only normal that his friends lost contact with her when she was no longer William's girl. But Chelsy is friends with many of Harry's friends. As I said, they are also HER friends, independent of her being with Harry or not. Some she knew before she even met Harry. So, no reason for them not to remain friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom