The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince Harry and Prince William

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #341  
Old 03-30-2013, 08:48 PM
Moonmaiden23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, United States
Posts: 4,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I'll wait till I see the ring on her finger.
Me too BoB.

I don't know if this young lady is The One or not, but I do hope he finds genuine love in a secure relationship, with someone decent and honorable. Despite all the wild behavior and partying I have suspected for a long while that Harry is a rather lonely guy.

ETA: I do agree with GracieGiraffe that a dance student would certainly not need to learn posture!
__________________

__________________
"Be who God intended you to be, and you will set the world on fire" St. Catherine of Siena
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,768
I visualize the ideal woman in Harry's life to be someone who shares a common experience, namely, the military. He seems to acclimate well to that life and I'm sure this has fostered some very deep and close relationships with his colleagues. If there's a particular lady in his company he's grown fond of, why shouldn't they try to make a go of it if they hit it off? Just think of all they can discuss: armaments, sorties, helicopters, how best to take care of one's uniform and accoutrements in the desert heat etc. They can practice hand-to-hand combat together, too, always a stress release in between royal duties if they do marry! Maybe she'd be the ideal lady to sort him out and get him away from his hard partying and outlandish behavior.
__________________

__________________
A book should be either a bandit or a rebel or a man in the crowd..... D.H. Lawrence
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:39 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 561
Royal Engagement: Prince Harry to Get Engaged to GF Cressida Bonas ?Before the Year is Out? - Entertainment & Stars

Well it must be official...no really, it must! Giraffe, will you take your place next to me for this momentous event? YOU promised!!! Hahahaha!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:44 AM
liv's Avatar
liv liv is offline
Courtier
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: , Germany
Posts: 891
Both still too young to get married!Especially Cressida
__________________
Has somebody recorded the christening of Ingrid Alexandra?It was so nice to see all of them together as a happy family...
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 03-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,629
I don't think 24 and 28 is too young to get married..........IF the two have been in a relationship for a few years and the incoming non-royal knows the drill.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:30 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 963
I don't think Harry wants to wait years, from what he's said in interviews he wants a family sooner rather than later. I don't see anything close to an 8 year 'trial' like Kate and William had. If he finds the person he thinks is 'the one' I'd be surprised if he's not married within 2 years.


LaRae
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:41 AM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,590
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
Royal Engagement: Prince Harry to Get Engaged to GF Cressida Bonas ?Before the Year is Out? - Entertainment & Stars

Well it must be official...no really, it must! Giraffe, will you take your place next to me for this momentous event? YOU promised!!! Hahahaha!
I shall look for sales on the promised toaster. And a suitable hat for the event.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM
Tsar bobo Iv's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: knoxville, United States
Posts: 249
LoL have any of you read the article about kate feuding with Cressida
i hate when i read things like that it seems the only women Kate doesn't have a problem with is the queen going by the tabloids
i think it would be cute if he gave her a ruby ring though
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 04-02-2013, 05:10 PM
Bine221's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I shall look for sales on the promised toaster. And a suitable hat for the event.
And donīt forget to take pictures and post them here of course!
Bye Bine
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 04-02-2013, 05:20 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar bobo Iv View Post
LoL have any of you read the article about kate feuding with Cressida
i hate when i read things like that it seems the only women Kate doesn't have a problem with is the queen going by the tabloids
i think it would be cute if he gave her a ruby ring though
I think that is more of a trend in America, rather than in the UK
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 04-02-2013, 05:22 PM
Countessmeout's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: alberta, Canada
Posts: 348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
I visualize the ideal woman in Harry's life to be someone who shares a common experience, namely, the military. He seems to acclimate well to that life and I'm sure this has fostered some very deep and close relationships with his colleagues. If there's a particular lady in his company he's grown fond of, why shouldn't they try to make a go of it if they hit it off? Just think of all they can discuss: armaments, sorties, helicopters, how best to take care of one's uniform and accoutrements in the desert heat etc. They can practice hand-to-hand combat together, too, always a stress release in between royal duties if they do marry! Maybe she'd be the ideal lady to sort him out and get him away from his hard partying and outlandish behavior.

That sounds more like something you'd talk with a friend or colleague with, then your spouse. I also don't see a career military giving it up for gowns, jewels and ribbon cuttings. Harry may be the spare, but his wife will be expected to live a life like Kate, and have a kid or two. There may be some less restrictions, but I dont see the future Duchess being allowed to be a career soldier IMO. We also see, that while Harry enjoys his military times, his social circles are very different.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 PM
GracieGiraffe's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Giraffe Land, United States
Posts: 1,590
Why shouldn't the future Duchess be allowed a career in the military? Several royal dukes have done so. Women with children have done so as well. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. And the non-royal geese as well.
__________________
The future George VII's opinion on infant carriers,
"One is not amused."
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 04-02-2013, 05:54 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto (ON) & London (UK), Canada
Posts: 5,261
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
Why shouldn't the future Duchess be allowed a career in the military? Several royal dukes have done so. Women with children have done so as well. What's good for the gander is good for the goose. And the non-royal geese as well.
I agree, but could pretty much guarantee news /tab stories saying she was shirking her royals duties and suggesting lack of femininty, and people on royal forums complaining about her not wearing designer dresses, gowns, jewels and tiaras.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 04-02-2013, 05:56 PM
cepe's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,371
Not to mention being a part-time mother and wife; any promorion being due to being a royal and really not doing a "proper" job and "we the tax payer paying for her to swan about" and "taking up a job that rel person wants to do".
__________________

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
That sounds more like something you'd talk with a friend or colleague with, then your spouse.
I don't understand. Many people marry members of the same profession they are in. Lawyers, doctors, accountants, teachers, etc., who marry each other discuss issues that arise in the course of their work.

Quote:
I also don't see a career military giving it up for gowns, jewels and ribbon cuttings. Harry may be the spare, but his wife will be expected to live a life like Kate, and have a kid or two. There may be some less restrictions, but I dont see the future Duchess being allowed to be a career soldier IMO. We also see, that while Harry enjoys his military times, his social circles are very different.
Just because it hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it can't be done now. Maybe it's time for a change. Time to set new precedents. Time to change people's expectations.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 04-02-2013, 09:55 PM
Avicenna's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: North of Lake Constance, Germany
Posts: 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
I don't understand. Many people marry members of the same profession they are in. Lawyers, doctors, accountants, teachers, etc., who marry each other discuss issues that arise in the course of their work.



Just because it hasn't been done before, doesn't mean it can't be done now. Maybe it's time for a change. Time to set new precedents. Time to change people's expectations.
Ann's husband managed to stay in job ... so it has been done before ;-) I wonder though, if Harry might appreciate such a dedication. After all I remember vaguely that he wasn't too happy to be alone on his jubilee tour. Didn't he mention somewhere that he wasn't being allowed to bring a partner along whereas his brother had Kate at his side?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:01 PM
HRHHermione's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Boston, United States
Posts: 2,016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Ann's husband managed to stay in job ... so it has been done before ;-) I wonder though, if Harry might appreciate such a dedication. After all I remember vaguely that he wasn't too happy to be alone on his jubilee tour. Didn't he mention somewhere that he wasn't being allowed to bring a partner along whereas his brother had Kate at his side?
I'm sure that is hard, since before William got married, William and Harry probably would have done the tour together. They used to do a lot of joint duties.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 04-02-2013, 10:43 PM
Roslyn's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tintenbar, Australia
Posts: 2,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Prince Harry's wife will be a HRH, people will expect to see her doing "Royal" work.
Maybe it's time for a change of mindset. Why should a greater burden necessarily be imposed on the woman marrying a Royal man?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 04-03-2013, 05:56 AM
AfricanAUSSIE's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 561
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post
Maybe it's time for a change of mindset. Why should a greater burden necessarily be imposed on the woman marrying a Royal man?
I agree with you Roslyn but I suspect there won't be a change in the near future. Was it not one of the reasons Chelsy left? She was reported to have said that she did not want a life like Kate's. The other reason was all the public scrutiny. She hated being mobbed by crowds and having the paps everywhere.

This makes me think the role as Henry's wife would not accommodate her career.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:24 AM
julliette's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Posts: 1,992
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanAUSSIE View Post
I agree with you Roslyn but I suspect there won't be a change in the near future. Was it not one of the reasons Chelsy left? She was reported to have said that she did not want a life like Kate's. The other reason was all the public scrutiny. She hated being mobbed by crowds and having the paps everywhere.

This makes me think the role as Henry's wife would not accommodate her career.
Maybe you're right and the woman who marries Harry will have to give up her career. But I wonder, isn't there any career that would be compatible with being Harry's wife?
Like, some careers seem to bring more problems than others. For example, running her own business would soon bring issues like using royal connections, taking advantages from her position, etc, etc. A girl in the military sounds good to me, but I agree with NGaliztine, people would complain about her lack of femininity, bla, bla. Some other jobs could also have security issues.
I remember I asked in another thread about her being a scientist doing research for a UK university, for example. It seems to raise less issues.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events dutch royal history engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]