Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ann's husband managed to stay in job ... so it has been done before ;-) I wonder though, if Harry might appreciate such a dedication. After all I remember vaguely that he wasn't too happy to be alone on his jubilee tour. Didn't he mention somewhere that he wasn't being allowed to bring a partner along whereas his brother had Kate at his side?

No - what he said was that it would be good to have a partner to do tours and engagements with, - he was saying that it was something he would like to be able to do but he didn't have a partner (he meant wife)

And the BRF do not take anyone other than spouses on official royal tours and events and I dont see that changing anytime soon.

We really don't know the real reason why Harry & Chelsy's relationship ended. The media came up with the story that Chelsy didn't want to live the royal life and deal with everything that goes along with it. Neither Harry or Chelsy have spoken out publically about their relationship.

Obviously Harry's wife will have to take on the responsibility of being a senior member of the royal family. His girlfriend will have to put up with the life that comes with dating Harry.

It's not an easy life to deal with but I think once there's a lot of love, care and friendship involved within the relationship and you have the support of you family and friends, I think Cressida or any other girlfriend will be able to make it. Just have to be willing to take it on out of love.

Hmmm, frankly I somehow doubt that Harry would be attracted by someone who is intellectuelly his superior. :ermm:

Well, yes, you can be right:ermm: but that's another matter.
I gave that example because it was a job that seemed to be to attract less problems, ie, no accusations about taking advantage of royal connections like in business; her schedule could be more flexible; the fact that it is a university seems to avoid the same connections problem that working in a private lab would.

Whether Harry would be attracted to an intelectual woman, I have some doubts!! But I would love to see that :D

I think it would depend entirely on the "intellectually superior" woman. If she is in for some fun, and going out so every now and then and likes a bit of adventure than I don't see why not. If she wants to do nothing but read, wants "culturally acceptable" holidays and prefers to stay away from bars than probably not. But even in those cases stranger things have happened.

Please note that off posts discussing the titles of men who marry Princesses have been deleted as off topic.

The topic of this thread is Harry's Relationship Musings and Rumours...not the Style and Titles of Anne, Beatrice, Margaret's husbands, etc.

We really don't know the real reason why Harry & Chelsy's relationship ended. The media came up with the story that Chelsy didn't want to live the royal life and deal with everything that goes along with it. Neither Harry or Chelsy have spoken out publically about their relationship.

Obviously Harry's wife will have to take on the responsibility of being a senior member of the royal family. His girlfriend will have to put up with the life that comes with dating Harry.

It's not an easy life to deal with but I think once there's a lot of love, care and friendship involved within the relationship and you have the support of you family and friends, I think Cressida or any other girlfriend will be able to make it. Just have to be willing to take it on out of love.

I remember Henry saying that it was hard for him to find someone who was "willing" to take on the role. This was after the media had reported Chelsy was unwilling to live like Kate.

When the phone tapping was going on, Chelsy was reported to have been also struggling with the reports on his escapades with women (something Kate appeared to handle in her stride). Clearly, it is a taught call to take up "that" role and Chelsy does not appear to crave the attention (quite the opposite) and does seem to want a career of her own. I think it was honorable of her to bow out. She must have known that her personality would not suit despite how much she may have loved him.

I wonder if a compromise may have been reached whereby she may have been allowed to have her work (like Henry does) and do appearances alongside him when he was "in town"? A shame, but it is what it is and I guess we may never know for sure what really happened.

Onward and upwards as they say...;)

I'm old enough to remember the unfair comparisons between Diana and Sarah. Diana was so beautiful, elegant and stylish and Sarah was just Sarah. According to the press, everything that Diana did was good and everything that Sarah did was not. They didn't like her weight, her hair, the clothes she wore, etc. I don't believe that the press would have been any kinder to Chelsy. They would have very cruelly compared her to Kate. She was very wise to honorably bow out.

Cressida is another story. She is a very beautiful girl and could probably hold her own but whether she has the heart and loyalty of Chelsy remains to be seen.

I'm old enough to remember the unfair comparisons between Diana and Sarah. Diana was so beautiful, elegant and stylish and Sarah was just Sarah. According to the press, everything that Diana did was good and everything that Sarah did was not. They didn't like her weight, her hair, the clothes she wore, etc. I don't believe that the press would have been any kinder to Chelsy. They would have very cruelly compared her to Kate. She was very wise to honorably bow out.

I, too, remember those days. I hated those unfavourable comparisons. One of the important differences between those two was social class, and that would not apply in the case of Kate and Chelsy.

Also, Chelsy seems to be quite self-confident and I doubt she would have been bothered by that sort of superficial comparison, and, in any event, I don't see Kate as being in any way superior to her. There is no fairytale princess element about Kate! I took Chelsy's concern was in relation to the general level of intrusion and restrictive lifestyle.

This is all speculation though, since none of us here knows what really caused their relationship to end, and we can only base our opinions on what we see in photos and on video and read in the press.

Cressida is another story. She is a very beautiful girl and could probably hold her own but whether she has the heart and loyalty of Chelsy remains to be seen.
If we are talking only about superficial beauty, Cressida could probably outshine Kate without much trouble at all. She has the advantage of being a dancer and knowing how to stand and move gracefully. She also has bluer blood. It is Kate who would be likely to suffer in a comparison with Cressida.

Last edited:
I think Chelsy could hold her own as well, I don't think that Kate is that much better looking. Just my opinion, however.

I, too, remember those days. I hated those unfavourable comparisons. One of the important differences between those two was social class, and that would not apply in the case of Kate and Chelsy.

Also, Chelsy seems to be quite self-confident and I doubt she would have been bothered by that sort of superficial comparison, and, in any event, I don't see Kate as being in any way superior to her. There is no fairytale princess element about Kate! I took Chelsy's concern was in relation to the general level of intrusion and restrictive lifestyle.

This is all speculation though, since none of us here knows what really caused their relationship to end, and we can only base our opinions on what we see in photos and on video and read in the press.

If we are talking only about superficial beauty, Cressida could probably outshine Kate without much trouble at all. She has the advantage of being a dancer and knowing how to stand and move gracefully. She also has bluer blood. It is Kate who would be likely to suffer in a comparison with Cressida.

Doesn't necessarily mean that it will work out. Her family are "blue bloods" and divorce is almost habitual; same with the Spencers; same with the Windsors for that matter.

She isn't beautiful IMO, she is fashionably attractive (dyed blonde hair with dark brows) and very frail looking (as in not robust). We'll see, but I really hope that Harry has enough sense not to rush into anything permanent but give them both time. Someone on here described their relationship as probably friends with benefits - it needs to be a lot stronger than that to last.

Yeah, the press will try to compare Harry's girlfriend/wife with Catherine. Which I find really dumb.

Although, it won't all the presses doing. Royal watchers and bloggers will try to do the same. Who's more pretty? Who wore this and that much better? Who have a better connection with the people? How many official engagements they carried out? All which will be a bunch of crapola anyway.

Yeah, the press will try to compare Harry's girlfriend/wife with Catherine. Which I find really dumb.

Although, it won't all the presses doing. Royal watchers and bloggers will try to do the same. Who's more pretty? Who wore this and that much better? Who have a better connection with the people? How many official engagements they carried out? All which will be a bunch of crapola anyway.

So true - we currently have the "St Princess Mary" group (no criticism allowed); comparisons with the "M" princesses; Catherine vs Mary etc. We have threads about with RF has the best jewels; who give value for money and so on with the comparisons.

Harry and whoever he marries will have a tricky time.

Doesn't necessarily mean that it will work out. Her family are "blue bloods" and divorce is almost habitual; same with the Spencers; same with the Windsors for that matter.

You're right, of course. But you're talking reality, not image. Blue blood (translation = "class") was one of the factors which was used to argue in favour of Diana and against Sarah in those hideous comparisons.

She isn't beautiful IMO, she is fashionably attractive (dyed blonde hair with dark brows) and very frail looking (as in not robust).
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :) I never thought Diana was beautiful. When she wasn't smiling and wasn't wearing makeup she was pretty average. She had an asymmetrical face and that "shy Di" looking-through-the-eyelashes thing she had going at the start irritated me no end. But she had a beautiful smile and she used what she did have to advantage, and her dancing training gave her great deportment and she dressed well when she was finally allowed to dress like a grownup, and she had great physical "presence". Cressida has the dancing training, too, and she also seems to me to have an ethereal quality; an "otherness" which could be developed and used to great advantage.

We'll see, but I really hope that Harry has enough sense not to rush into anything permanent but give them both time. Someone on here described their relationship as probably friends with benefits - it needs to be a lot stronger than that to last.

I totally agree.

You're right, of course. But you're talking reality, not image. Blue blood (translation = "class") was one of the factors which was used to argue in favour of Diana and against Sarah in those hideous comparisons.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :) I never thought Diana was beautiful. When she wasn't smiling and wasn't wearing makeup she was pretty average. She had an asymmetrical face and that "shy Di" looking-through-the-eyelashes thing she had going at the start irritated me no end. But she had a beautiful smile and she used what she did have to advantage, and her dancing training gave her great deportment and she dressed well when she was finally allowed to dress like a grownup, and she had great physical "presence". Cressida has the dancing training, too, and she also seems to me to have an ethereal quality; an "otherness" which could be developed and used to great advantage.

I didn't either - I never understand why there seems to be a need for princesses to be beautiful.

My concern is that the "otherness" could be down to a number of things, rather than an ethereal quality.

Prince Harry is tipped to wed Cressida Bonas but one of the first girls to catch his eye was a grocery assistant | Mail Online

Quote:

Another pal is even more forthcoming: 'Don't write Chelsy off,' she says. 'She was the love of his life for seven years, and it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't re-emerge at some point in the not-too-distant future.

'I think they love each other and eventually they will get back together. In fact - and she'll hate me for saying this - I believe they will marry once she is convinced, of course, that his wandering eye days are over.

:D

Prince Harry is tipped to wed Cressida Bonas but one of the first girls to catch his eye was a grocery assistant | Mail Online

Quote:

Another pal is even more forthcoming: 'Don't write Chelsy off,' she says. 'She was the love of his life for seven years, and it wouldn't surprise me if she didn't re-emerge at some point in the not-too-distant future.

'I think they love each other and eventually they will get back together. In fact - and she'll hate me for saying this - I believe they will marry once she is convinced, of course, that his wandering eye days are over.

:D

I rest my case!...IT IS NOT OVER...for him anyway. I also think Cressida must know this, hence the story of her reportedly saying that she does not see herself with Henry long term.

Hehehe! Watch this space!:shifty:

Last edited:
I rest my case!...IT IS NOT OVER...for him anyway. I also think Cressida must know this, hence the story of her reportedly saying that she does not see herself with Henry long term.

Hehehe! What this space!:shifty:

Listen to African Aussie - she knows her Harry! :cool:

I thought the family does not provide security for someone who is not a member, or is it if they become engaged she is considered a member? I was thinking back on William and Catherine. I thought the family did not want to provide security for her either.

If this is legitimate, it could be a different attitude owing to the different circumstances. If Harry is receiving death threats from the Taliban then it makes sense that they would increase his security and add security to his girlfriend. I don't believe that William or Catherine ever received any threats (at least not from someone on the scale of the Taliban).

Oh yes. Of course Ish. I suppose being threatened is a whole different story. It would be wise for her to have security since she is a part of his life. Im a little afraid for his safety, the Taliban are kind of sneaky. If they are serious they will do whatever it takes to get to him AND her as well.

I dont think its true - US magazines rarely have that sort of unique information.

Furthermore - how does anyone know where she is in order to action any threat? We all knew where Catherine was because the paps were following her everywhere - you could work exactly where she lived.

Unless she is caught leaving a well known bar/club, there are no paps following this girl so I think this is all made up rubbish. And its interesting that there are no pap shots (not even overseas where these type of stories start) because to me that means they dont think its worth it - well, at least not yet!

I understand Cepe but, I do believe there have been threats even before this. I remember when Harry was removed from his troops because of threats that were being made. It has been an ongoing problem and I do believe that those fanatics ARE after him or at least they will make an attempt if given the opportunity. I do not think this is just a made up story. If given a chance those nuts will take it. So considering he will be at home more, there will always be that "what if" factor.

I read somewhere (on Telegraph, maybe), that Prince Harry will not return to Afghanistan, due the threats made by Taliban.

I read somewhere (on Telegraph, maybe), that Prince Harry will not return to Afghanistan, due the threats made by Taliban.

He is not returning to Afghanistan because his squadron (? I think thats the right term) is not due for further deployment before we pull out. There are 5 "squadrons in total.

Exclusive from the Mirror

Prince Harry and Cressida Bonas romance is on the rocks "because she's not ready to get married" - Mirror Online

Romance is on the rocks. This is such a rubbish article - information coming, of course, from close friends of Cressida.

Favourite quote from the piece

Cressida wants to become an actress and has made it clear she is not interested in being a trophy wife. There are problems with this relationship which are ­irreconcilable. Cressida is very hot and cold and Harry isn’t entirely sure what is going on all of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom