Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for long periods of time.
And if you do rush to the altar make sure there is a good pre-nup because it will be needed.

She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for long periods of time.
And if you do rush to the altar make sure there is a good pre-nup because it will be needed.

And at what point does any of that make her a 'showgirl'?

Exactly who say's they're rushing to the altar? If you know anything from family dynamics, the children are not their parents.

You're one sided view is hilarious, everything is on Cressida because Henry is obviously the perfect one. LOL!

I totally agree with what you say about them taking the time to really get to know each other and for her to understand what the "job" of being Harry's wife will mean, but I take exception to the suggestion that the fact she is a dance student - if that is what she is; I don't know the status of her degree - makes her a "showgirl".

I don't know anything much about Cressida's family other than the connection to the Viceroy, Lord Curzon, but the mere fact there are divorces there does not necessarily, IMO, make her unsuitable. She may have learned from their mistakes and be determined not to make the same mistakes herself. And if we are looking at family background, Cressida may well be justified in having some deep concerns about his bloodlines on his dam's side.

No. She has a degree in dance. I don't equate that with being a "showgirl" and the rather negative connotations that word has.

Actually, it is kinda funny to imagine what Queen Victoria would make of Prince Henry seeing a Dance Major.

And at what point does any of that make her a 'showgirl'?

LOL!

OH GOOD GRIEF!!! Its the title of a movie "The Prince and the Showgirl". Olivier played the prince and Munroe played the showgirl (dancer).:flowers:

You make a lot of good points on Cressie's family of origin, but Harry's family of origin carry the same red flags, IMO. The People's Princess equals all of what you describe about the Bonas clan put together. He would hardly be cuckolded, IMO. Hopefully he's bright enough to realize that marrying someone nearly as young as his mother and equally starry eyed is not a good idea, as you say.

I completely agree that if they marry within the next year or two, a pre-nup is in order.

OH GOOD GRIEF!!! Its the title of a movie "The Prince and the Showgirl". Olivier played the prince and Munroe played the showgirl (dancer).:flowers:

And we were supposed to get that reference how? Cressida is a dance student. Not a showgirl. I see no comparison to your film suggestion but thanks anyway :)

Last edited:
I got the reference, but that might say more about my adoration of Laurence Olivier than anything. Still, only a few days ago, the media was announcing that "friends" of Cressida claim she isn't sure Harry is the one for her, even though he is heads over heels in love with her. Today, the media wants us to believe they're getting married in the not-so-distant future. Which should we believe? Either, or neither?

And we were supposed to get that reference how? Cressida is a dance student. Not a showgirl. I see no comparison to your film suggestion but thanks anyway :)

I think it was just a joke. We see the film fairly often on cable here in the states. If you ever get a chance - watch it. While there was a lot of hassle going on behind the scenes during the filming, I always enjoy this film. She and he are both charming and the rest of the cast is delightful. MM wears some LOVELY gowns and Olivier's costumes are great as well. There is a great bit about an Honour loaned to the Showgirl by her titled champion-ess. It is all harmless good fun and completely unreasonable.
Here is a you tube link to a "fun" scene:
The Prince and the Showgirl Marilyn Monroe speaks french - YouTube

I still do not understand why Cressida was compared to showgirl. It was a nasty comparison.

Being a showgirl is not a nasty profession - unless it is just in your mind.

And I thought the days of such judgements was passed.

Being a showgirl is not a nasty profession - unless it is just in your mind.

And I thought the days of such judgements was passed.

Maybe isn't nasty.

But "showgirl" has nothing to do with Miss Bonas.

I must admit to not knowing much about a degree in dance, (I assume 3 years) and I think she is still studying dance in Greenwich, London. Also she is 24 years old which in dance terms in not young.

What career beckons? Is she studying perhaps to teach? Does anyone know?

I still do not understand why Cressida was compared to showgirl. It was a nasty comparison.

Maybe because it was thought to be a joke and also because we do have our own points of view here on the forums.

Frankly, I know a couple of showgirls. They are nice people. In my opinion, I hope any one of Harry's friends is just as nice as the show people I know. It would be a compliment. Chill.

Well if this is true, let's hope that she's ready to deal with life with "The Firm."

I'm sure Harry has the good sense not to rush in to a marriage with someone he's only been dating less than a year... But, love is love, so we'll never know until an announcement is made.

You make a lot of valid points here, and I have to agree with the fact that they've not known each other for very long, and they would indeed be foolish to rush into something as serious as a marriage. Yes, any girl who marries Henry would have to look past the glamor of the royal lifestyle, and think about having a profession that will allow no retirement, and a life that is on show for all to criticize and analyze. On the other hand, we really don't know what's going on behind closed doors, and perhaps Ms. Bonas is stable, and level-headed young woman, that sees the reality of the situation. The press wants to sensationalize this, and I'd say they're doing a mighty good job of it, which is not to my liking. On the other hand, when it comes to love, sometimes you just know that you met the ONE, and waiting seems almost pointless. Is this one of those cases? Who can say. We're not there to see how they interact with one another, or hear what each has to say on the subject.

I must admit to not knowing much about a degree in dance, (I assume 3 years) and I think she is still studying dance in Greenwich, London. Also she is 24 years old which in dance terms in not young.

What career beckons? Is she studying perhaps to teach? Does anyone know?

I'd guess she's working towards a teaching degree in dance. Maybe a dance therapist (if such a thing exists, but they have all sorts of therapy now, so why not?).

She is a 24 yr old dance student. Her mother has married and divorced 4 times. Her father has divorced twice and is now on his 3rd wife. Not the most stable enviroment to grow up in with a rotating schedule of step parents and step siblings.They make the Windsors look like Ozzie & Harriet Nelson but the tabloids will love them. They havent known each other very long, and he was in Afghanistan for about half that time. There is no need to rush to the altar. Take the time to really get to know each other and the families they are marrying into. Get beyond all the glitz and glam of becoming a princess and understand what a life of constant scrutiny will be like. Understand what it might be like to be the wife of a serving military officer who could be sent way for l
ong periods of time.

Couldn't agree with you more. I feel like everyone is forcing marriage on them...just let them be.

Couldn't agree with you more. I feel like everyone is forcing marriage on them...just let them be.

Who's forcing marriage on them? We know Henry plays the waiting game because he was with Chelsy for so long and didn't propose.

Who's forcing marriage on them? We know Henry plays the waiting game because he was with Chelsy for so long and didn't propose.

We don't know he didn't propose, all we know is they didn't get engaged and that they split up.

And even if he didn't propose. He was 25 (?) when they split... That's hardly playing the waiting game. It's not like he's George Clooney who has a different girlfriend every 2 years. ;)

Even IF Harry is thinking about proposing to Cressida, he has to have the consent of the Queen to get married. Cressida is not dumb - she has probably a pretty clear idea what it means to be part of the BRF... even if they plan future together, they won't rush into marriage.

I just don't see this girl wanting royal life either. and I hope he finds that out sooner rather than later.

If Harry is sincere, it will be good for Cressida to have mentors. Being a royal wife is a big job. I wish them well and a lifetime of love.

1) Why on earth do they need to teach a dance major "proper posture"?

2) How to get out of a car? Have they offered these lessons before? :whistling:

Don't forget the most important lesson the Windsors have: produce a heir and a spare.

I was joking.

And you know that producing heirs is a important thing in a hereditary Monarchy.

The heir must produce an heir, and preferably a spare as well.

The spare is not required to produce an heir until such time as it becomes evident that the heir is not producing one (or the heir's heir is no longer around).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom