Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder why several people are so hostile to the idea of Cressida being his wife. I have the bad feeling that too many have an idealized view of him and want to end up with some dynamo who might actually make him feel uncomfortable. As if he has no right to marry a BBB who is part of his set and end up making him happy and relaxed.

The role of royal wife isn't one where the wife is going to be involved in international treaties and developments and trade. She's going to be the feminine counterpart to a man who will be largely representative/ornamental and I don't see how on earth there is this idea that being a modern royal wife is some sort of holy mission where she'll be overseeing diplomatic delegations and trade meetings. Realistically, it's just as ornamental.

Harry might not even want a dynamo, but a fun-loving debutante/socialite for a wife who is interested mainly in houses and clothes and dancing around. The job of his wife will be to be a good hostess, not a diplomat.

No one thought Diana would be much of anything and look at how she did as a princess; before her marriage Diana was muddling around through life, not researching various ideas on how to cure cancer.

I see no problem with a 29 years old man marrying a 24 years old woman, they are adults. There's no problem, they just need to love each other, and be sure that their relationship is strong enough for marriage.

If they are attracted to one another and come from the same social set, there is "only" one thing remaining, if they are to marry: determine to do it right! If they both have that determination--which could be helped along by good counseling from experienced people--then it could work. Some of the people in their lives may NOT be wise counselors. (This is one of the roles of godparents, to give sage advice). Somewhere in their world there must be some good advisors. Perhaps Prince Charles himself could rise to the occasion. He has had lot of experience at what it means to marry.

But determination to make a go of it is the main ingredient, because there will be many nay-sayers and many who will try to trip them up.

I don't remember much about Chelsy as I wasn't following the royals when she was around. But I guess Harry and Chelsy just slid apart for want of focus, for want of good advise, for want of determination to make it work. No real purpose there, even if there was attraction.

Bottom line: Determination to do it right.

I fully agree!

I don't know why there is anything wrong with him marrying someone from his set. They have an easy ability to get along and the one thing that does make me uneasy is how pathologically hostile people are to the idea of Harry marrying someone in his set.

I have no problem with him marrying Cressida, though I do think they should wait a few years before getting married. That way Cressida would know what she was letting herself in for. Edward and Sophie waited 5 1/2 years and William and Catherine waited a number of years too, this way it introduced the women to Royal life slowly and let them see what they would be giving up etc.

Chelsy did not want the public life. That was the deciding factor. It will probably be the deciding factor with Harry. William and Catherine waited a long time, but it was probably necessary to be sure she knew what she was in for. Of course, her job as future Queen is a lot more high profile than Harry's wife will be. Good luck Harry and who ever.

CATHERINE OSTLER: Will Prince Harry wed Cressida Bonas next year? | Mail Online

Towards the middle of the article friends seem to be in agreement that something is different about this particular lady as far as Harry is concerned? Although I don't believe an engagement is coming just yet. Clarence House don't seem to be confirming that in there ---- we've all been here before comment. I wonder if they mean Chelsy?

Last edited:
These articles are just taken from the archives and the names are changed from "Edward" "Sophie" "William" "Catherine" to any other Royal name that fits the situation. They get quite old after reading them for many years. The speculation from the minute Edward and William starting dating the aforementioned women was massive, and they did eventually get married but it was a long time after the "speculation". Edward once said when he was asked whether he would propose to Sophie, that every time he was going to do it another speculation arose so he went quiet again. If the rumours are true then I am happy for Harry and Cressida, but I think they both probably wish the press would stop speculating and leave them to it.

Last edited:
It will be nice to see the Duchess of Cambridge look after the new girl, if she does eventually join the family firm? Or even Sophie.

It will be nice to see the Duchess of Cambridge look after the new girl, if she does eventually join the family firm? Or even Sophie.

I think Catherine will guide the next new Royal wife. Sophie guided Catherine as she had been the last major Royal wife. Sophie is passing the baton on to Catherine!

I think we have to remind ourselves that we've been down this same road with William & Catherine and Harry & Chelsy. I don't think Harry will be walking down the isle anytime soon.

No one thought Diana would be much of anything and look at how she did as a princess; before her marriage Diana was muddling around through life, not researching various ideas on how to cure cancer.

Yes, just look at how that turned out......not exactly the best days for the monarchy and not ones we want repeated any time soon if we can avoid it.

If Harry does marry Cressida, we should wish them the very best. And do our best not to compare Katherine and Cressida with one better than the other. They are 2 individual women with different background, family ties and interests.

None of us truly knows either Harry or Cressida nor are Harry or Cressida interested in our opinions.

I think if we were talking about Harry & Chelsy, I would be able to see a wedding in the works, but with Harry & Cressida? I doubt it because they are in the early stages of their relationship and she don't give the appearance of being ready for the spotlight at all.

I too think he wants a family but I think he should establish at least a stable relationship first.

I too think he wants a family but I think he should establish at least a stable relationship first.

We don't know how stable his relationship with Cressida is.

Maybe they have a stable and strong relationship.

If they've been seeing each other for as long as a year or year and a half, it must certainly be stable.

I'm not so sure about that. She's a young girl who looks like she wants nothing to do with the spotlight that comes with Harry. I think we'll get these marriage rumors for some time.

We don't know how stable his relationship with Cressida is.

Maybe they have a stable and strong relationship.

I think too that it also depends on what each one of them expects in the early years of marriage. Would Cressida be expected to give up whatever she is currently striving for? Is she prepared to be a military wife? Is she independant enough to live with Harry away on military duties? Is she, herself, prepared to work within the Firm?

So many questions that we do not have answers for as I don't think we've been given that much insight into just who Cressida Bonas is.

TBH, my instincts tell me that Harry will wait until he leaves the military to settle down with a wife and start a family.

TBH, my instincts tell me that Harry will wait until he leaves the military to settle down with a wife and start a family.

But how he'll stay in the Army? His Royal Highness has his duties with the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth. At some point, he'll have to become a full-time working Royal.

How old was the Duke of York when he left active service?

:previous: The Duke of York left active service in 2001. He would have been 41.

:previous: The Duke of York left active service in 2001. He would have been 41.

Thank you.

So, the Duke of York was already divorced and with two daughters when he left the Navy.

I doubt Prince Harry will marry at 41 or later, and I don't think he'll stay long in the Army.

Yes, just look at how that turned out......not exactly the best days for the monarchy and not ones we want repeated any time soon if we can avoid it.

Like what? Her promotion of AIDS? How she successfully made Britain glamorous and exciting and on the map? How she made the monarchy happen? How she worked hard and did so many duties despite her personal problems? Aside from the relationship problems she did an amazing job. She made AIDS become mainstream instead of a dirty little secret and helped make research and treatment something to aspire to instead of shunned. She made the victims human and really reached out. Despite it all, Diana did a good job.

No doubt about Diana's job within the royal family. She did her thing. Harry's future wife will have to carve out her own royal role within the royal family and in under the world's spotlight. I'm note sure Cressida is ready for that at the moment. We also don't know if Harry will stick with this young lady long enough to make it down the isle. It's all a very big wait and see.

Maybe she's not ready for official life, but that is what the next couple of years can be. I don't see why she wouldn't be an asset. She's pretty, has her own life going, and I don't see how she's supposed (or any wife of Harry's) to be some dynamo. I mean, really, I wonder how much of this is simple jealous spite. She will get The Ginge and some people just wanted him for themselves or feel they have a right to tell Harry who he should be marrying.

I doubt Prince Harry will marry at 41 or later, and I don't think he'll stay long in the Army.

From all I've read over the years about Harry, there was one thing he's loved since childhood and that is the military. He's good at what he does too. I don't see him leaving the service quite yet but on the other hand, the urge to settle down and raise a family seems to be a part of Harry's plans for the future.

Perhaps Cressida is the One. Even if they decided here and now that they suit each other, love each other and wish to marry, it would be a good year from now before there is a royal wedding. Perhaps they'd even do as Will and Kate did for the first three years. Live as a military couple.

I don't think that Harry's being in the military will affect Cressida the way that Andrew's service in the Navy affected his marriage. Harry seems to be in the UK more often than not and he's done two tours of duty in Afghanistan.

The rumors of a marriage have hit a few places here in the US too. There just might be a thread of truth to it but until its officially announced, I'm not going to hold my breath. Neither Harry or Cressida themselves have given any inkling that a royal wedding is in the cards.

I think if we were talking about Harry & Chelsy, I would be able to see a wedding in the works, but with Harry & Cressida? I doubt it because they are in the early stages of their relationship and she don't give the appearance of being ready for the spotlight at all.

I read a magazine that said these been dating for 1 year, Harry and Cressida.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom