Prince Harry: Relationship Rumours and Musings 2013-2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not with Harry tonight at the charity boxing.

What girl are you talking about? I know of only rumors about Harry being in a relationship, nothing confirmed. I think you are reading too many tabloids.

What girl are you talking about? I know of only rumors about Harry being in a relationship, nothing confirmed. I think you are reading too many tabloids.

Don't be rude. All I have done is posted a link to a newspaper article. This is an on-going tabloid discussion about harry and this girl, Cressida

Because she's training to be a dancer and to get jobs she's going to use a PR company. Logical if you have money IMO.

What type of dance is she training for?
If it's ballet, she's already too old!

(Really, in any type of dance she is old to be just starting out! They mostly begin from a young age). At Cressida's age they are already planning retirement.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 4h
Cressida Bonas, although she didn't arrive with Prince Harry to last night's Boodles Ball, I can confirm was ringside with her Prince.

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 4h
Cressida & Prince `Harry partied the night away with Harry's cousins Bea & Eugenie until leaving separately at 2.30am.

Cressida Bonas, joined boyfriend Prince Harry for an evening of entertainment at the Boodles Boxing Ball held at the Grosvenor House Hotel, London_21/09/2013. However, it appears that Cressida was sneaked through the rear entrance of the hotel.
Prince Harry and Cressida were among the last of the guests to leave the event. Cressida left surrounded by security people (one of which was Royal Protection) in the company of Princess Eugenie her close friend.
Boodles Boxing Ball | Newspix International
http://newspix.photoshelter.com/ima...5TKn9onajSXr7uhpeHfdaN7fWIOuEX6z18nQ--&GI_ID=

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie turn up to Boodles Boxing Ball with their boyfriends in tow, but did Harry spend any time with Cressida? | Mail Online

All this cloak and dagger stuff just seems so childish? But if she's happy to put up with it, then so be it.

The other couples happily have their pictures taken and behave in a normal why.

Harry is acting like something out of MI5!

Why shouldn't a public person do whatever they can to protect what little privacy they have? Public people do not owe us access to every detail of their private lives.

The difference is that Beatrice and Dave have been together for 6 years, Eugenie and Jack for 3 years. Harry and Cressida have been together for what? A year? To me it seems like they're still in the "keep this quiet stage" while the Yorks are more established in their relationships. How much of Dave, Jack, Chelsy, or Kate did we see when those relationships were newer?

Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie turn up to Boodles Boxing Ball with their boyfriends in tow, but did Harry spend any time with Cressida? | Mail Online

All this cloak and dagger stuff just seems so childish? But if she's happy to put up with it, then so be it.

The other couples happily have their pictures taken and behave in a normal why.

Harry is acting like something out of MI5!
Why do you automatically assume that the reason she is not with him is because he wants to hide it? Is it not possible that:

a. She is actually not with him,

b. She is but it's too early in the relationship for either of them to "go public".

c. She hates or is very uncomfortable with the intrusive media attention.

d. Neither of them think any of this is anyone's business but their own.

William met his future wife at University and the press kept their distance until after he had completed his education. Harry doesn't have that privilege in any relationship he has, so trying to have a "normal" relationship is pretty hard, especially when many young women are unwilling to even entertain the thought of a life in the spotlight.

We are told Chelsey didn't like the invasive lifestyle so we know it is an issue for Harry. For those who think it doesn't matter because he is now fourth in line and counting, consider the media attention Mike got when he dated Zara. Now that really was a baptism of fire.

I suspect William and Harry are both very protective of the women they are involved with when it comes to press intrusion, more so than the other young Royals, first because they are male and that's a male thing but more significantly because of what they saw w/ their mother. William and Catherine routinely arrived at events separately until just before the engagement was announced. It's convenient that Cressida and Eugenie are great friends as Eugenie's security can keep Cressida safe as well when she attends these events.
I'm not sure this approach is effective, but it's the path William took and it appears Harry is as well. One thing it does is keep the speculation at are they or aren't they dating, once they are clearly a couple the articles start forecasting marriage - years ago every girl their father dated was 'vetted' by the press as potential wife material.

deanpiper ‏@deanpiper 27m
And Prince Harry and Cressida are looking cute as can be on the balcony too. Great turn out for the #moonlanding launch! #jamesblunt

deanpiper ‏@deanpiper 27m
And Prince Harry and Cressida are looking cute as can be on the balcony too. Great turn out for the #moonlanding launch! #jamesblunt

I've never worried about things like Las Vegas - but James Blunt?? :eek:

I've never worried about things like Las Vegas - but James Blunt?? :eek:

Absotively Cepe... Its enough to make one question his sanity..

The young royals seems to like James Blunt and I think James is friends with some of their friends. The young royals have attended friends weddings or other friendly gatherings and James has attended too.

Any pics - or is it just rambling verbosity, I know..., I saw..., I spilled a drink on...

You can really see the difference in confidence of these royal couples. It's almost painful to see Harry & Cressida out and about and Beatrice & Dave just sail through all of this with ease and happiness.

Harry & Cressida have a long way to go.

Is it really necessary to continue comparing Harry and Cressida to his cousins and their significant others? Harry and Cressida have been together for a year, part of that while he was in Afghanistan. Beatrice and Dave have been together for what, 6 years?

Just considering that alone should be enough to realize that there shouldn't be a comparison. And that's without considering that Harry (and whoever he's dating) get more public attention than Beatrice, plus different life experiences have lead to a different attitude towards the media between the two cousins.

Is it really necessary to continue comparing Harry and Cressida to his cousins and their significant others? Harry and Cressida have been together for a year, part of that while he was in Afghanistan. Beatrice and Dave have been together for what, 6 years?

Just considering that alone should be enough to realize that there shouldn't be a comparison. And that's without considering that Harry (and whoever he's dating) get more public attention than Beatrice, plus different life experiences have lead to a different attitude towards the media between the two cousins.

Exactly. Beatrice has been dating Dave for six years and yet Dave doesn't get followed around by paparazzi and have his outfits criticized in the media. The media is A LOT more interested in any partner of Harry's than they are any partner of Eugenie or Beatrice, and as a result, Harry has to be a lot more careful with the media.

I think they are bound to be compared when both couples are attending the same event, and that it's reasonable to do so.

Regardless of the nature or stage of their relationship, would it hurt Harry and Cressida to walk tall and confidently, and maybe even smile politely towards the cameras? They don't have to hold hands or do anything else of that sort, just look normal, as though they have every right to be there doing what they're doing, as they do. We know who they are, and they're going to be photographed anyway, so why not look as though they're having a good time rather than being arrested?

I think they are bound to be compared when both couples are attending the same event, and that it's reasonable to do so. Regardless of the nature or stage of their relationship, would it hurt Harry and Cressida to walk tall and confidently, and maybe even smile politely towards the cameras? They don't have to hold hands or do anything else of that sort, just look normal, as though they have every right to be there doing what they're doing, as they do. We know who they are, and they're going to be photographed anyway, so why not look as though they're having a good time rather than being arrested?

Because the second they do that, it will be seen as confirmation that the relationship is serious and the media pressure will increase exponentially.

I think they are bound to be compared when both couples are attending the same event, and that it's reasonable to do so.

I do agree completely on this point, and if the comparison only happened when they were out with the other couples then I wouldn't be commenting. However, people seem to be making the comparison between Harry/Cressida and his cousins, and even Harry/Chelsy any time we see them, regardless of who they're out with. I agree with a lot of the feelings towards the behaviour (which I'll comment on below), but I still don't think we should be holding them to the same standard as the more established royal relationships, past or present.

Regardless of the nature or stage of their relationship, would it hurt Harry and Cressida to walk tall and confidently, and maybe even smile politely towards the cameras? They don't have to hold hands or do anything else of that sort, just look normal, as though they have every right to be there doing what they're doing, as they do. We know who they are, and they're going to be photographed anyway, so why not look as though they're having a good time rather than being arrested?

I do agree that they're being silly in their behaviour, but I wonder if it's more because they slipped up in revealing that there is a relationship at all than anything else. Harry doesn't always seem like the most thoughtful of individuals, and while stuff like the skiing photos or the train pictures should have been obvious, I don't think Harry realized what was going to happen. He didn't mean for it to get out, and now it's out he's doing his best to pretend like it isn't out. Given as he's been vocal in the past about how the media attention has negatively affected his relationships I wouldn't be surprised if that's part of his reasoning as well.

I don't think trying to hide it is doing either of them or the relationship any good, as the cat is out of the bag. That said, I don't think it's necessarily fair, for lack of a better word, to be constantly comparing them to other, more established couples. A better comparison, in my opinion, would be to look at how Bea/Dave, Harry/Chelsy, or Will/Kate behaved in the first year or so of their relationships, and compare it to how Harry/Cressida are currently behaving.

The pictures really look like as they were on the run. One can see how uncomfortable they both feel. But I don't think that this will discourage the paparazzis making photos.

In my opinion, they have to figure out what they want: If they want to go out and seen together after such events, they should handle this more relaxed and with much more self-confidence. Maybe Harry can help Cressida if he is more relaxed. He is the one who is inured to this public attention. Otherwise, if they really want to pretend that there is no relationship between both of them, they should not come and leave together such events.

Why not just accept that they are public figures and grow up already? There is no need to outwit the press, or to end up sneaking around. They'll be public figures if they marry and the press is a natural part of their lives since birth. The press makes that family relevant since nothing they (RF) do on their own is relevant.

Diana has been dead for nearly two decades now and it's time for Harry to man up and tell his girlfriend to get over it if she wants a relationship.

If she whines about the media, can't hack it, then I believe she'll be quietly dropped and Harry will move on.

I'm tired of the press being treated like an eternal enemy. The photogs and the writers have huge pressure to produce and editors are under pressure to get editions done in time. So really, the royals should be a lot more cooperative and give full value. the royals are always acting like the press is a disease they'll catch if they smile and make it a point to be friendly or informative.

A better comparison, in my opinion, would be to look at how Bea/Dave, Harry/Chelsy, or Will/Kate behaved in the first year or so of their relationships, and compare it to how Harry/Cressida are currently behaving.

Why all that comparing anyway? They are a couple in their own right.
I really hope everything works out for Harry and Cressida. She seems to be a lovely girl and could be a great asset to the Royal Family I think.
They are in the beginning of their relationship and I don't think there will be an engagement for at least 2 or 3 years. They indeed have a long way to go, but at this point Cressida should know by now that there is no way avoiding the press. If she hates the attention, she should go because there is no point having a relationship with the 4th in line of succession when you can't handle the press attention. If you go to a concert together and you plan to leave together in a car and you know that there are photographers, don't act like that and face the camera's. Harry should know that. Everybody knows there is something going on between them, so be an adult about it.

Perhaps Harry thinks that if he doesn't look at the photographers, they can't see him! :D

In my opinion, by playing avoidy games like this, he is drawing attention to himself and Cressida. If they just behaved normally, it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun for the press.

Perhaps Harry thinks that if he doesn't look at the photographers, they can't see him! :D

In my opinion, by playing avoidy games like this, he is drawing attention to himself and Cressida. If they just behaved normally, it wouldn't be anywhere near as much fun for the press.

Your first sentence made me laugh :lol:

But you are right. If they behave normal, the press would get bored and maybe leave them more alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom